Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Corbeau posted:

I'm beginning to think that Jukevader/Jukes of Earl is a legitimately Good List.

What list is that?

Did I miss some good wangs??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
We had some p. good x-wing going on, yeah. Jukevader is what I call this list:

Darth Vader (29)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x1 (0)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

It's deadly, durable, and maneuverable. It's not invincible, but I've yet to see it lose (and it absolutely curbstomps more casual lists).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
^^^: OH COME ON

Smegmalicious posted:

What list is that?

Did I miss some good wangs??

Vader with Juke/AccCor/Stealth Device and three FOs with Juke/Comm Relay.

You missed a pretty great game with two immortal FOs.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Some Numbers posted:

You missed a pretty great game with two immortal FOs.

Yeah, about FOs.

Some Numbers posted:

^^^: OH COME ON

Ninjaing is the only solace left to me now.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 10, 2016

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Question about Juno Eclipse's ability. I'm guessing you can't do a 6 straight, 4 bank, or a 4 turn with her?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Turkson posted:

Question about Juno Eclipse's ability. I'm guessing you can't do a 6 straight, 4 bank, or a 4 turn with her?

No, you may not use Attack Wing maneuver templates when playing X-Wing.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Turkson posted:

I'm surprised they've not FAQ'd her, but I think that's the commonly held view, you can't make a move which doesn't have a template.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Otisburg posted:

No, you may not use Attack Wing maneuver templates when playing X-Wing.

I don't know what that is.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Turkson posted:

I don't know what that is.
Star Trek Attack Wing is a game based on the standard movement/action system of X-Wing, but terrible in every single other way. It features a 6 forward movement, which X-Wing doesn't have.

EDIT: I would recommend reading the Star Trek Attack Wing thread on these forums, it is highly entertaining and showcases 'stages of grief' particularly well.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It also has a 4 bank. But no 4 turn.

And also no balance or aesthetic appeal.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I am going to spend way too much on Y-Wings, but have fun doing so:

Horton Salm (25)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2 Astromech (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2 Astromech (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Garven Dreis (26)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2-D6 (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 98

I've got Y-Wing crazy and give you the Strato-Hort-tress

Horton Salm (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
R5-P9 (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Garven Dreis (26)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2-D6 (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Kyle Katarn (21)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Jan Ors (2)

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 10, 2016

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I actually ran a Horton list at Curio this past week that did pretty well (by my standards, at least :v:)

quote:

Y-Wing: · Horton Salm (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
· R2-D6 (1)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
Marksmanship (3)
Y-Wing: Grey Squadron Pilot (20)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
· R3-A2 (2)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
Z-95 Headhunter: Tala Squadron Pilot (13)
Adv. Homing Missiles (3)
Z-95 Headhunter: · Lieutenant Blount (17)
Deadeye (1)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)

Horton with Marksmanship, the title, and TLT can put out an absolutely disgusting amount of damage. Granted there lists I went up against weren't exactly top-tier, but I'll definitely be trying it again next week.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

lazerus06 posted:

Here is the Jump Master/Slaver combo I was going to try next:
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...=New%20Squadron

Edit - Totally not my idea, found this list combing through some forums looking for ideas for a Dengar/Bossk build.

I really like this. I might run this at a store event tomorrow. Nifty Fifties

I really want to run my A's and Y's, but I am missing a few pieces and don't feel like tracking them down the night before. Plus I have more experience with the party bus than I have with As and Ys combined.

Tycho Celchu (26)
Rage (1)
Proton Rockets (3)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Arvel Crynyd (23)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Intimidation (2)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

canyoneer posted:

I really like this. I might run this at a store event tomorrow. Nifty Fifties

I really want to run my A's and Y's, but I am missing a few pieces and don't feel like tracking them down the night before. Plus I have more experience with the party bus than I have with As and Ys combined.

Tycho Celchu (26)
Rage (1)
Proton Rockets (3)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Arvel Crynyd (23)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Intimidation (2)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)

I've been thinking about a Y-wing list with all autoblaster turrets, and I've been using a scum 5Y list like that, but I kinda feel like they need Unhinged Astros (or better yet R2 Astros) to be able to consistently do k-turns/red turns and then peel out with a hard green turn. Otherwise, manueverable Imp ships kinda tear me apart.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I actually ran a Horton list at Curio this past week that did pretty well (by my standards, at least :v:)

Horton with Marksmanship, the title, and TLT can put out an absolutely disgusting amount of damage. Granted there lists I went up against weren't exactly top-tier, but I'll definitely be trying it again next week.

Shame you can't get that with an R2 astro. I got all excited, until I remembered he doesn't have an EPT. :negative:

I will totally steal that Horton build though because Y Wings are cool.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Coming up tonight: a double-header of first Strobe versus canyonero, then Strobe versus ZenMastaT for week 5 and week 4's games, respectively. Woo, scheduling quirks!

Room will be going up in about ten minutes, ideally. Gonna be called "SAX WING" with password "lljk" because everybody seems to like that one.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate and I haven't done out match yet. ☹️

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Strobe posted:

Coming up tonight: a double-header of first Strobe versus canyonero, then Strobe versus ZenMastaT for week 5 and week 4's games, respectively. Woo, scheduling quirks!

Room will be going up in about ten minutes, ideally. Gonna be called "SAX WING" with password "lljk" because everybody seems to like that one.

Want to stream on twitch or something? I'm at work and would watch a video stream.

edit: Ideally a third party observer would stream for us so no one could see dials ahead of time.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Chemmy posted:

Want to stream on twitch or something? I'm at work and would watch a video stream.

edit: Ideally a third party observer would stream for us so no one could see dials ahead of time.

I'll be back in game to observe shortly and try to set something up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Chemmy posted:

If I was not at work, I would totally do this.

Corbeau! Do this!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Game result: Strobe 100-0 canyonero

I set up on the left side across from Esege, with Dutch and Nera closer to the middle. First turn we both went mid-speed, second turn I banked in and got range 3 shots on Esege and no range on anyone else. He took 3 shields in the exchange, and took one off Wedge in return. Next turn I 1-forward with Wedge and Luke, but 3 bank with Wes and set up a range 2 shot with all three on Dutch. Dutch explodes, Esege hits Wedge for another shield, Nera lights off a Proton Torpedo for hit/crit/crit and Wedge decided to be a hot-shot and dodges two. He takes a Damaged Engine, which I decide to keep.

Next turn, I one bank with Luke, two bank with Wedge, and two forward with Wes. I expected to have no fewer than two bumps, but instead ended up with the tightest X-wing formation I've ever been in, and nuke Esege. This leaves Nera with no shot, as she went over a rock and only had a TL on Luke, who was R1 outside of arc. Next turn everybody hard 2s (dammit Damaged Engine! :argh:), strip some shields. Wes stresses Nera to keep her from k-turning. Last turn, I 2-forward over rocks, Wedge has no shot, but Luke lights up four natural hits with no mods and Nera goes up in a puff of smoke.

It was weird not hitting rocks when I really needed not to but were really up in the air. Wes missed one by a hair, and Luke missed one by three or four hairs early in the game. Lesson learned: Wedge eats AGI 1 ships.

Here's the final shot of the game. This is the formation I landed in entirely on accident.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Strobe posted:

Game result: Strobe 100-0 canyonero

I set up on the left side across from Esege, with Dutch and Nera closer to the middle. First turn we both went mid-speed, second turn I banked in and got range 3 shots on Esege and no range on anyone else. He took 3 shields in the exchange, and took one off Wedge in return. Next turn I 1-forward with Wedge and Luke, but 3 bank with Wes and set up a range 2 shot with all three on Dutch. Dutch explodes, Esege hits Wedge for another shield, Nera lights off a Proton Torpedo for hit/crit/crit and Wedge decided to be a hot-shot and dodges two. He takes a Damaged Engine, which I decide to keep.

Next turn, I one bank with Luke, two bank with Wedge, and two forward with Wes. I expected to have no fewer than two bumps, but instead ended up with the tightest X-wing formation I've ever been in, and nuke Esege. This leaves Nera with no shot, as she went over a rock and only had a TL on Luke, who was R1 outside of arc. Next turn everybody hard 2s (dammit Damaged Engine! :argh:), strip some shields. Wes stresses Nera to keep her from k-turning. Last turn, I 2-forward over rocks, Wedge has no shot, but Luke lights up four natural hits with no mods and Nera goes up in a puff of smoke.

It was weird not hitting rocks when I really needed not to but were really up in the air. Wes missed one by a hair, and Luke missed one by three or four hairs early in the game. Lesson learned: Wedge eats AGI 1 ships.

Here's the final shot of the game. This is the formation I landed in entirely on accident.

you playing another game? I keep missing your games!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Herux posted:

you playing another game? I keep missing your games!

No, ZenMastaT had a surprise work shift come up. Current plan is for Sunday noonish CDT to get that one done.

Fun fact: My XXX list is 4-0 in league and currently on a 3-game 100-0 win streak. :smuggo:

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Well poo poo, I just got OBS setup for Twitch, and was going to stream for you guys, but I missed it. Sorry.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

The M3-A 8 skill pilot is a reverse Howlrunner.

"When another friendly ship within Range 1 is defending, it may reroll 1 defense die."

I really like that, just how I love how cheap it is. It's barely a TIE Fighter, and if the dial isn't that great, it could be 11 points for the low PS version. If that's the case, you'd be able to put an HLC on the field with that plus the title for 20 points.

I want it.

I went back searching for something and found this.

Oh, to be back in those high expectations days :allears:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/

In North America, xwing stuff is tournament legal 11 days after release date. Imperial veterans soon?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Some Numbers posted:

If I was not at work, I would totally do this.

Corbeau! Do this!

Sorry I was busy getting drunk or I would have.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Otisburg posted:

Horton Salm (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
R5-P9 (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Garven Dreis (26)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2-D6 (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Kyle Katarn (21)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Jan Ors (2)

Team Hort-Tress actually went 2-3 tonight. Horton is a cool guy and when I run rebs I may continue trying to make him "happen." 40 points is waay too much to spend on a Y-Wing, but having the alpha strike pass then the reliable TLT+regen for the endgame is strong in semi-casual matchups.

The most absurd game was against Palp aces when it came down to Katarn vs Soontir. Soontir ended up stressed and about range 2 facing the board edge, with the guy planning to do a tight 1 next turn and continue the chase. I got a Damaged Engine through with the dorsals forcing him to fly off the board and killing Soontir with a drat HWK.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Horton with a TLT and R2-D2 is 35 points and still kicks all sorts of rear end.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Strobe posted:

I'm really excited for the M3-A. It's a drat near perfect swarm ship for the cost (8 pilot skill for 20 points? Yes please) along with a high skill pilot that makes everyone harder to hit.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I went back searching for something and found this.

Oh, to be back in those high expectations days :allears:

This is also a great quote.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

canyoneer posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/

In North America, xwing stuff is tournament legal 11 days after release date. Imperial veterans soon?

Imperial Veterans was sitting "On the Boat" last updated 30 March 2016... now its "On the Boat" last updated 9 June 2016. Something is happening...?

E: Heros of the Resistance and Wave 9 are both "At the Printer"

Tequila Ranger fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 11, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Just went 2-3-0 at Regionals, knocking me out of the cut, which is pretty disappointing. The experience was good, though.

I took my Zuckuss, Jumpmaster and two Bug Zappers list but didn't face a single aces list all day, which sucks.

The crowning moment was a Z-95 killing itself with a Feedback Array just to get half points on an enemy Jumpmaster. The Bug Zappers were the heroes of the day for me.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Wait, should that be 2-0-3 instead?

It was two wins, three losses, no draws.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Tequila Ranger posted:

Imperial Veterans was sitting "On the Boat" last updated 30 March 2016... now its "On the Boat" last updated 9 June 2016. Something is happening...?

E: Heros of the Resistance and Wave 9 are both "At the Printer"

It's been alluded to before, but it does seem like Asmodee have convinced Fantasy Flight to start doing releases the 'proper' way. I'm in book publishing, but the principle is basically the same:

The RAP date at the printer is roughly at the end of a month/start of a new one [start of April];
The products are shipped out on cargo vessels to their overseas distribution centres (if Hong Kong, then about 2 weeks to Australia, 4 weeks or so to Europe, up to 6 weeks to USA depending on which coast the distribution centre is closest to) [mid-May];
Customs time, delays, further distribution to specific warehouses, etc. are factored in here, for about another month [late June].

The timing for Wave 8 pretty much matches up - end of December On The Boat, expected in all distributors early February, mid-to-late March release date.

It would explain why FFG kept giving estimates so early, because they weren't used to a gap of a month between the product 99% certainly being in warehouses and actually releasing the drat thing. We should expect to see Imp Veterans out pretty soon, if my logic is right.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I think you're right.

And I think they really ought to stop bothering with giving release estimates; it only disappoints people.

It would also be good if they could shorten the timescale between first spoilers and release, too, but that would entail going a couple of months without spoiler articles and handling the fanrage properly, which is a tough ask. Maybe the nationals and worlds prize support in between? Or some 'here's how cool the system opens were, we're doing them again next year' articles?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Getting ready to head out to the Games N Stuff regional. I don't know anyone, so feel free to come introduce yourself if you're there. I'll be wearing a black BB-8 shirt with a dumb How Did This Get Made quote, and brown DM hat. My name is Jay. I'll be outside Vaping like an Uber nerd.

On second thought, I sound like a terrible person to know...

Endman
May 18, 2010

I'm a lot more excited for Imperial Veterans now that Regionals is done and I can feel better experimenting without worrying that my list needs to beat X, Y and Z top tier meta lists.

Bombers, gently caress yeah

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Bomber buddies.

I'm loving my bomber buddies, though the benchmarker keeps crashing when I test them and doesn't handle the Inquisitor getting a free evade action off a TL correctly :(

PTL Inq plus Scimitar/Fleet/Systems/Mk2 is beautiful, Inq gets effectively 5 actions per round as long as three of them are TL/evade/focus and he does a green. It's hilarious, but tactically very difficult to figure out. I need to test this list a lot more.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Endman posted:

I'm a lot more excited for Imperial Veterans now that Regionals is done and I can feel better experimenting without worrying that my list needs to beat X, Y and Z top tier meta lists.

Bombers, gently caress yeah

Hell yeah, I would be so hyped to be able to fly bombers viably .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

The Gate and I haven't done out match yet. ☹️

Hey hey! I'm actually going to be at home today, if you want to get ours in. This week has been busy as hell for me.:v:

• Locked thread