Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I'm already thinking about my next build. Would it be insane to run a LL/RF/Vortex juggernaut? Any DoT or elemental damage nodes work with both of them, as does elemental weakness and vulnerability. The build needs lots of life regen (with Zealot's Oath), and cannot be stunned saves you an amulet slot.

Just add some lightning damage to attacks, pick up EE, then whirl in, vortex, and whirl around keeping up fortify and - 50% to fire and cold res.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

gonadic io posted:

I'm already thinking about my next build. Would it be insane to run a LL/RF/Vortex juggernaut? Any DoT or elemental damage nodes work with both of them, as does elemental weakness and vulnerability. The build needs lots of life regen (with Zealot's Oath), and cannot be stunned saves you an amulet slot.

Just add some lightning damage to attacks, pick up EE, then whirl in, vortex, and whirl around keeping up fortify and - 50% to fire and cold res.

your best bet for low-life RF is trickster, due to, well, all of the crazy ascendancies for it, but particularly patient reaper.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

gonadic io posted:

I feel RF doesnt do satisfying damage, even with EE.
Its nice to see packs melt on their own while i roll a cig or touch myself, but in the end of the day it feels slow.
Regen with a marauder is not an issue though, just pack 2x kaoms way and pick up regen from the tree and youre sitting on 20% roundabout.
Have a consecrated ground bottle handy and you can pretty much facetank anything short of ghosted abaxoth.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

gonadic io posted:

Run it in a weapon swap Tremor Rod instead for an extra free link

It's for an obliteration build, so I'd lose out on the sweet 2x 13% phys damage added as chaos. I did consider that though.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I like how jebquake would have obliterated the council, only they got saved for a while by the most bullshit pack mechanic ever invented (close to Necrovigil).

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I have a stupid build idea, and I have to write it down or it'll be bothering me all night.

Shield Charge + Facebreaker (for easy damage) + Cast on Melee Kill + an Offering skill + Nercromancer.

Minimum level CwDT + Desecrate?

Writhing Jar to get it all started?

Does all of that work together? How high can Spirit Eater stack?

I'm torn between Flesh offering for even more attack and move speed versus Spirit offering's free chaos damage and ES.

Please tell me this doesn't work somehow so I don't have to make this dumb character.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Noper Q posted:

I have a stupid build idea, and I have to write it down or it'll be bothering me all night.

Shield Charge + Facebreaker (for easy damage) + Cast on Melee Kill + an Offering skill + Nercromancer.

Minimum level CwDT + Desecrate?

Writhing Jar to get it all started?

Does all of that work together? How high can Spirit Eater stack?

I'm torn between Flesh offering for even more attack and move speed versus Spirit offering's free chaos damage and ES.

Please tell me this doesn't work somehow so I don't have to make this dumb character.

Thanks, now i have to roll a CoCsplosion toon after work.
Skill - CoC - desecrate - splosion - spell damage or whatever

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Couple other questions...

hierophant, Sanctuary od Thought.
Do the 50% reduced cost of skills stack to 75% or additively to 100%?
Does 0/0 energy shield count as "full"?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Regarding the blast rain talk before: mark_ggg just posted this in the mechanics thread

quote:

Blast Rain was bugged and was checking spell dodge rather than evasion/regular dodge.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Couple other questions...

hierophant, Sanctuary od Thought.
Do the 50% reduced cost of skills stack to 75% or additively to 100%?
Does 0/0 energy shield count as "full"?

You can't get sanctuary of thought it comes with a big pile of ES and you have to take a weak version of MoM before it. But it does add to 100%, it just goes away as soon as you start taking hits.

gonadic io posted:

Regarding the blast rain talk before: mark_ggg just posted this in the mechanics thread

dammit

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

You can't get sanctuary of thought it comes with a big pile of ES and you have to take a weak version of MoM before it. But it does add to 100%, it just goes away as soon as you start taking hits.

It comes with lots of ES from Mana, which would be removed if i took Blood Magic, which removes mana.
Gear without any local ES means all increased ES%/Intelligence multipliers turn out zero, all ES/Mana multipliers turn 0 with BM.
So in the end, i could turn this into a 0/0 ES, question is if this counts as "full" though.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gonadic io posted:

welp just got done levelling my chin sol trap blastrainer

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like CoC without a Vagan weapon or Lioneye's needs Hinekora's now.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Looks like CoC without a Vagan weapon or Lioneye's needs Hinekora's now.

what

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mostly commenting on my quill coc build from last league plateauing hard around t8 maps unless I picked up gratuitous amounts of accuracy. If you can't hit it twice consecutively your crit chance doesn't matter. You can eat suffixes on 3 items or pick up Hinekora's and also get some dodge and immunity to blind (loving huge when it comes up).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Mostly commenting on my quill coc build from last league plateauing hard around t8 maps unless I picked up gratuitous amounts of accuracy. If you can't hit it twice consecutively your crit chance doesn't matter. You can eat suffixes on 3 items or pick up Hinekora's and also get some dodge and immunity to blind (loving huge when it comes up).

oh the amulet. I thought you meant the chieftain node.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
For anyone using neversinks filter, he updated. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208/page/1

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So much coc talk recently I thought y'all were farmers

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Not started playing this league yet but saw some dudes in this thread talking about performance issues since the patch.

Chris posted this, might help some of you: https://m.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4nfcgl/psa_how_to_turn_off_the_background_loading/

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Not started playing this league yet but saw some dudes in this thread talking about performance issues since the patch.

Chris posted this, might help some of you: https://m.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4nfcgl/psa_how_to_turn_off_the_background_loading/

Hopefully this works for me. Since the patch the game usually crashes two or three times before I can actually get in-game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

So much coc talk recently I thought y'all were farmers

It's getting lovenerfed in 2.4 so might as well play one this league if you want/can.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I was gonna roll a blast rain coc dude but if they're gonna fix it maybe not?

Bahhhhh.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Am I really missing out on anything by just winging this as I go along rather than playing a proper build? I've played about 120 hours and the best I've done is 69. I mostly lose my characters due to being drunk.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

gigawhite posted:

Am I really missing out on anything by just winging this as I go along rather than playing a proper build? I've played about 120 hours and the best I've done is 69. I mostly lose my characters due to being drunk.

You will never get the tallest totem pole to decorate your hideout and commemorate your adventures in Wraeclast :geno:.

If it's taking you like dozens of hours to clear normal, you might want to look up some pointers to cut down on the tedium, but it's not like the actually really fun part of the game is hidden in the final endgame content.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

theshim posted:

Bahhhhh.

I mean it still works fine with a lioneyes glare, just lower aps. I was already using one, because we didn't have confirmation of the blast rain bug until now.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Get a hinekora's sight (which are oddly cheap on .trade for something that costs an ex and change to make) and don't skimp on accuracy nodes and you can go back to using a faster bow.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

StoryTime posted:

You will never get the tallest totem pole to decorate your hideout and commemorate your adventures in Wraeclast :geno:.

If it's taking you like dozens of hours to clear normal, you might want to look up some pointers to cut down on the tedium, but it's not like the actually really fun part of the game is hidden in the final endgame content.

Yeah I mean 120 hours total, not spent on one character. I'm familiar with the basics of the game but build planning and optimization is kind of lost on me.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Holyshoot posted:

It's getting lovenerfed in 2.4 so might as well play one this league if you want/can.

itsaroosterjoke

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Could I get a guild invite on the new league please? Character name is Aubrecia.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Just be Juggernaut CoC with Undeniable + Hinekora's Sight. Juggernaut best class for every build!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

soscannonballs posted:

Just be Juggernaut CoC with Undeniable + Hinekora's Sight. Juggernaut best class for every build!
You lose out on soooo much crit by not going Assassin though :(

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

itsaroosterjoke

:idgi:

Hauki posted:

I mean it still works fine with a lioneyes glare, just lower aps. I was already using one, because we didn't have confirmation of the blast rain bug until now.

You can make up the APS elsewhere. Here is the math of Lions eye and then a blurb about quill rain at the bottom.

quote:

My latest proc tests show that to get the highest amount of procs, you have to have a combination of projectile speed and attack speed. Currently not sure of the exact values, but getting around 2.6-2.74 APS and around 50-70 projectile speed seems the way to go to get 9 procs per second on single, 12-13 procs per second on multiple targets

This is due to the fact that Cast on Critical strike casts with 69% chance. Multiple enemies mean that this is rolled for each enemy and hence it becomes closer to 100% chance. 100% chance = 13 procs, 69% chance = 9 procs. In-game tests and numbers align.

(Quill Rain can only get a maximum of 8 procs per second on single target, but reaches 11-12 on multiple targets).

theshim posted:

Bahhhhh.

It's not being fixed until 2.4. So unless you only play standard go wild in the prophecy league.

chase123
Jul 30, 2007
Slayer EQ with lots of leech looking pretty good.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It comes with lots of ES from Mana, which would be removed if i took Blood Magic, which removes mana.
Gear without any local ES means all increased ES%/Intelligence multipliers turn out zero, all ES/Mana multipliers turn 0 with BM.
So in the end, i could turn this into a 0/0 ES, question is if this counts as "full" though.

I've got a Hierophant on Standard now that I don't really care about; if I've got time on my lunch break I might log in and respec into this to test it out :)

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 10, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I bought this sword for 1 exalt yesterday:

Assuming this isn't a combination of %phys, %phys/acc hybrid, and acc suffix, this is a Cruel + Champion's prefix. This means that the range on %phys goes up to 209%, and it's currently at 270 phys DPS. Is anyone confident enough with prices to tell me if it's actually worth spending the currency to divine this up past 205ish%? 205% with 13-20 (best Vagan flat craft) would put this at 288 pDPS.

Also once I get enough currency to spare I really want to yolo exalt this and hope for %attack speed, again assuming I can verify that it's actually missing a suffix.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 10, 2016

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Bad news; 0/0 does not count as full. Things still use mana with BM+0/0 ES.

The moment I equip anything that gives me any ES, and it's full, it's all free.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Holyshoot posted:

It's not being fixed until 2.4. So unless you only play standard go wild in the prophecy league.

Source? Mark's comment in the mechanics thread uses the past tense, which indicates to me that they already fixed it, or have it fixed for an upcoming patch.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Katasi posted:

Source? Mark's comment in the mechanics thread uses the past tense, which indicates to me that they already fixed it, or have it fixed for an upcoming patch.

Chris said CoC will be "getting some love" in 2.4

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Cast on crit 'love' (nerfs) are coming in 2.4. The Blast Rain 'fixes' seem like they've already been pushed live from the wording, but I haven't tested it personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

As someone who will start doing maps tonight with a buddy, what are some tips or things I should know?

• Locked thread