Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

quote:

Leveling grinding nodes gives you more rare items and increased drop rate(E.g. Orge rings)
Leveling Town or Worker nodes is useless

gently caress everything. First they say that leveling nodes doesn't affect rare drops, now they say it does.

Don't even want to think about how many tens of thousands of energy I've (apparently) wasted on worker nodes at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

I am curious how it applies to fishing - I have Heidel level 10, but only because I was trying to get more relic shards. It seemed to have worked, some nights I was pulling in 8-15 shards.

Is a relic shard a rare item? is a rare fish a rare item? what is a rare item? Was it all just rng?? :iiam:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Burno posted:

I am curious how it applies to fishing - I have Heidel level 10, but only because I was trying to get more relic shards. It seemed to have worked, some nights I was pulling in 8-15 shards.

Is a relic shard a rare item? is a rare fish a rare item? what is a rare item? Was it all just rng?? :iiam:

I'll be damned if I can find the thread now but I remember seeing a post on reddit about how node level impacts fishing and the only conclusion people came to was that it helped them get more silver keys but that was it. This was quite a while ago, though so who knows.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

sushibandit posted:

gently caress everything. First they say that leveling nodes doesn't affect rare drops, now they say it does.

Don't even want to think about how many tens of thousands of energy I've (apparently) wasted on worker nodes at this point.

someone has said for doing the spooky evil trading you need trading rank, pvp level, and a rank 5 or so town.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Thanks Muldin, I got the guild renewal contract, not sure it went through though. Still showing as expired.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

quote:

Leveling Town or Worker nodes is useless

Those mother fuckers. Why would they even put that poo poo in the game if it doesn't do anything?? Glad I have a bunch of production nodes at Level 6 :lol:

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
So, some level 56 beserker in <Black> told us to go away when we were farming pirates. Of course we didn't, instead we started screwing with him. This led to a war dec, and him telling us to enjoy the foreverwar and explaining to our guild why we can't farm on serendia o1.

After he lost ~8% to pirates, he was no longer on the growth chart. He didn't respond much though :(

Oh and a few of those deaths were before the war went through, so we're pretty sure he lost some crystals.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
I gave that zerker some friendly advice about storing his boat a few days ago, but he refuses to do it. If you're at war, consider doing a boat run on his channel. He parks it next to the dock on the far right, near the vendors.

Also, Black is actually a really strong guild, but they are also probably a guild that cares about the meaningless numbers on the war screen. If you want to properly grief them, only fight when you have a numbers advantage, and don't stick around for future engagements and give them time for backup to arrive (unless it's at pirates because people won't sail out there, the only backup would be people who are already there on other channels). If they can derive some type of satisfaction from a high war score, it will soften the blow of any meaningful griefing that may have been done.

Agreeable Badger fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 9, 2016

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Unsurprisingly Black's Teamspeak is exactly like they talk ingame.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Burno posted:

If they banned everyone who tripped xigncode there would be no one left.

I have also had it randomly trigger overnight.

I wondered what the heck that thing was

I've got no idea how to cheat in this game and usually just leave it up in the task bar and the xigncode shows up a lot, I assume it's just mad at Bitdefender or something

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

DancingShade posted:

I think we can all agree on one thing though.

Regardless of the usual petty goon bickering & drama we get in every MMO, BDO is still a pretty good game.

If by good game you mean just another thinly veiled Korean grind fest then I agree with you.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
Well, we've reached a relative consensus of starting the merge process after the gbosses tomorrow night. We can discuss it more during the day, but I think it's worth trying and it we don't like it, just move back.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
This game is almost dead enough for me to start playing, I'll give it 3 more weeks.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

where are goons going and do they have fishing 3 and/or gathering 3 on the guild skills

this is important

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
No idea!

I'm letting apathy be my guide.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

DancingShade posted:

No idea!

I'm letting apathy be my guide.

Ditto.

Zen as gently caress.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Burno posted:

where are goons going and do they have fishing 3 and/or gathering 3 on the guild skills

this is important

We're merging with cynical, we've been doing some joint stuff with their guys and they seem like good dudes. Reason for merger is pretty simple, post-release drop off in both guilds and upcoming content require lot of active bodies.

The merger talk started after we got into pvp at Sausans and they helped us put people in the ground. There was talks of moving them into Goontang but we mostly decided whoever had the fewer actives would move cause :effort:.

We're in the process of draining the guild bank with boss scrolls before moving over, so the move will probably start sometime next week.

They are a pretty pvp focused guild so I'm not sure if everyone wants to move, which is unfortunate but most of the PnR/Goontang people are pretty decided on it.

Also, what guild did you move over to Beyonce, we've missed you friend :<

Edit: Also they got a freaking 152 ap Sorc

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 9, 2016

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wassbix posted:

We're merging with cynical, we've been doing some joint stuff with their guys and they seem like good dudes. Reason for merger is pretty simple, post-release drop off in both guilds and upcoming content require lot of active bodies.

The merger talk started after we got into pvp at Sausans and they helped us put people in the ground. There was talks of moving them into Goontang but we mostly decided whoever had the fewer actives would move cause :effort:.

We're in the process of draining the guild bank with boss scrolls before moving over, so the move will probably start sometime next week.

They are a pretty pvp focused guild so I'm not sure if everyone wants to move, which is unfortunate but most of the PnR/Goontang people are pretty decided on it.

Edit: Also they got a freaking 152 ap Sorc

We drained a fair amount, so I was thinking we just leave the rest in place. I guess you can use the Final War function to transfer funds between guilds in some way? We can use the rest of the day to get bosses for tonight, also.

If we like our move, we can just move the money with us, and if it sucks we have some money to come back to. We've done 10ish, which I think is pretty good. If goons really want to drain the bank beforehand, I suppose we can do it.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

GreatestNerdEver posted:

We drained a fair amount, so I was thinking we just leave the rest in place. I guess you can use the Final War function to transfer funds between guilds in some way? We can use the rest of the day to get bosses for tonight, also.

If we like our move, we can just move the money with us, and if it sucks we have some money to come back to. We've done 10ish, which I think is pretty good. If goons really want to drain the bank beforehand, I suppose we can do it.

The final war thing is the way to transfer funds, but it requires getting 300 kills or both side loses money.

But moving right away to just ease transition seem perfectly fine.

Edit:

Node Wars Announced for June 15th!
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/92143-siege-warfare-manual/

Looks like we're getting S4 which was a huge improvement over the super alliance dick hugging from the previous seasons. No elephants might make it a bit gnarly but we'll see.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 9, 2016

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wassbix posted:

The final war thing is the way to transfer funds, but it requires getting 300 kills or both side loses money.

But moving right away to just ease transition seem perfectly fine.

Edit:

Node Wars Announced for June 15th!
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/92143-siege-warfare-manual/

Looks like we're getting S4 which was a huge improvement over the super alliance dick hugging from the previous seasons. No elephants might make it a bit gnarly but we'll see.

Well if node wars is on the 15th then I think moving sooner rather than later is the best option. Give people time to mesh together and practice.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Wassbix posted:

I am guildless still, I used the long holiday weekend to grind to 56 war free, and stole a lot of people's ogres.

I have been waiting to see where goons stabilized.

Plus grinding to 56 sucked and I needed to take it slow, so I have been doing nothing but spending energy on dumb things like Heidel level 10.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009
Just got muskan shoes

toot toot time to go broke getting these to +15

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Burno posted:

I am guildless still, I used the long holiday weekend to grind to 56 war free, and stole a lot of people's ogres.

I have been waiting to see where goons stabilized.

Plus grinding to 56 sucked and I needed to take it slow, so I have been doing nothing but spending energy on dumb things like Heidel level 10.

Good thing it was confirmed in the Daum Q&A that energy investment into cities does nothing!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

UchihaHirou posted:

Good thing it was confirmed in the Daum Q&A that energy investment into cities does nothing!

Yeah that news was fantastic. :v: :suicide:

Oh well, I can always get more energy from my alts.

Also after watching a couple people leave guild for the next field over, I still think I'm going to stay in Goontang as part of the AFK skeleton crew. I spend nearly all my current BDO time horse training anyway because of timezones and other things so :shrug:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 10, 2016

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I'm sad and lonely this morning.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

glug posted:

I'm sad and lonely this morning.

Yea, just quit PnR last week to join the active guild, probably just gonna take a break instead of continue to guildhop every week

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Guess if there's no goon guild in a mmo it's safe to consider it dead

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
I've been off on holiday and I come back to this. Guess i'll grind my witch up unguilded and then see where I go. I'm not a massive fan of PvP and much prefer the life skill stuff so I'll need to find a guild to suit.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Asciana posted:

I've been off on holiday and I come back to this. Guess i'll grind my witch up unguilded and then see where I go. I'm not a massive fan of PvP and much prefer the life skill stuff so I'll need to find a guild to suit.

Same, not a huge fan of pvp, that's why Im still in Goontang for the time being, will probally join everyone at the other guild once Valencia is out and I have good gear.

But there's no point staying unguilded though. Goontang still has the +5 ap, +4 acc, +60 hp +2 fishing +2 gathering bonus, and I undeced all the wars for now. I can still invite people so, so just msg ioneye and I'll toss you an invite.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Oh that's some pretty good bonuses. I didnt realise you had +2 gathering. Will give you a shout when im next online.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

flyboi posted:

Guess if there's no goon guild in a mmo it's safe to consider it dead

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
For anyone that wanted to move over, if you need an invite whisper Garken and just tell him you're from goontang, reminder there is a 24 hr rejoining period.

So far from what I can gather, they have a lot of actives, discord is bad, their leader is a pretty good guy and plans pretty regular activities to keep people engaged (Boss scrolls/pvp practice event).

In said pvp practice event, we ran into a Veritas Witch, who is apparently one of the most geared person on Orwen (full boss, duo/tris) and he nearly one shot a pretty geared zerker with one residual and said his ap was 120 :thumbsup:

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Are we on like a third guild now?

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Gonna take a break from the game.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
AAAHAHHAHA

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/93180-patch-1506-siege-war-postponed/

They hosed up the balance in NA from release till now by giving everyone post-awakening skills/stats, which lead to some wonky rear end balance (Sorcs too strong / Musa, Giant too rear end)

Now they are giving us the newest KR balance changes without any awakenings.

Witch & Wizard
When switching from non-combat stance to combat stance while moving other actions will cast faster.
Cool down time will no longer reset when using Multiple Magic Arrows
MP recovery amount of base attack has been increased.
Critical hit ratio has been added to Fireball Explosion.
Casting motion for mana absorption has been removed.
Cool down time for Magic Lighthouse and duration for magical object has been changed.
(Cool down time 30, 25, 20 sec., Duration 20 sec.)
Magical objects will apply defense power reduction buff continuously when using Magic Lighthouse.
Recovery amount has been changed for Spellbound heart MP
Duration for each level of summoner’s have been increased when Summoning Spellbound heart.(Before 5min. for all / After: 5, 6, 7, 8 10 min.)
Movement speed increase has been added when using Spellbound Heart.
Casting speed of each level of Meteor Shower has been increased.
Super Armor has been added to Meteor Shower during Front Guard and attack.
Front Guard has been added to Blizzard
Skill Icon for Ultimate: Blizzard has been changed.
Super armor has been added while casting Earthquake.
Casting speed of each level of Earthquake has been increased.
Animation speed of Earthquake is now faster.
Aggro and decreasing defence power skill of Magic Lighthouse will activate right after summoning.

This patch was literally like last week in KR to give them some fighting chance against awakening characters (Witches are considered gimpy in anything not node war Heal Bots) Now they might be your new overlords

This is gonna be realllll interesting when node war drops this friday

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

As if horsewizards weren't horrifying enough as it is, jesus christ.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

sushibandit posted:

As if horsewizards weren't horrifying enough as it is, jesus christ.

None of those changes buff horse wizards except the crit on fireball. Horse wizarding isn't really a thing in KR as your lose far too much damage/utility.

Fun fact:

*Cool down time will no longer reset when using Multiple Magic Arrows

This change literally does nothing for us, because unlike KR our MMA has a hard cooldown (in KR you can spam it, but it wont 100% crit)

*Movement speed increase has been added when using Spellbound Heart.

This was bugged in KR and still bugged if my sources are correct. It gives 10% per level and for some reason stacks with everything. So witches/wizard can now run around like the Flash.

so basically Daum got totally blindsided by PA this patch and its gonna be a funny clusterfuck or actually good????

Edit: Processing not requiring energy means crafting for money is no longer agony. So that's good for life skillers.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 14, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That is a long, long list of class changes & patch notes.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Here are some other cool things:

quote:

When restoring item durability with Fragment of Memory(Based on x1), the durability will be restored based on grade.

White +10

Green +5

Blue +2

Yellow +1

quote:

Pet icons will be saved.
I assume maybe this means you can toggle things on/off once and it'll stay that way?

quote:

Tear of Aal has been added.

Can be acquired from material NPC and can be used as a material of Party Elixir.
Party elixirs! You make these by combining 2 elixirs + this new tear of aal item that you can buy. You can also make blue elixirs by combining three regular ones.

quote:

The following item has been added; soccer ball. :raise:
PvP Dueling has been added.
Auction Reservation System has been added.
All registered items on the auction house can no longer be cancelled until they have been listed for 5 minutes.
Added a receive all mail button to the mailbox.
Item registration waiting time has been reduced.
Auction Reservation System has been added. (I believe in Russia it's now something like 10-15 minutes instead of 15-20?)
:siren: Name Tag will be displayed even if players equip Ghillie suit in node, siege and red battle field. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Good catch. I immediately started looking for ghillie suit owners crying and demanding a refund.

First one on page 4 if you were wondering.

"Take my ghillie suit and gimme pearls back, I'm okay with the change at all (yes I bought ghillie suit only because of invisibility advance, this costume is ugly as hell, everybody know it) but changing something after I bought it for real money is not fair, ghillie suits owners should get opportunity to exchange their suits for pearls."