Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LuciferMorningstar posted:

IMO the Lion's Roar is a reasonably good assault rifle. Has good feel to me.

I always hated it, and I think it's largely because until recently the reload animation completed just sightly before the reload actually was finished and that would continually throw me off. Happily, that's been fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

IMO the Lion's Roar is a reasonably good assault rifle. Has good feel to me.

lol @ tutorials at this point

Better late than never I suppose. Maybe the game will go free to play in the future :v:

At least you're not getting irrationally angry about it like folks in the Steam comments.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
-Fixed an issue that blocked players from picking up sentry guns if suppressed sentry guns are equipped as the deployable

Well, we're halfway there I guess. Can anyone tell me if this fixes the joat version of the bug as well?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
They flipped the shotgun damage skill's values around so you actually have a reason to ace it now, which is annoying because I'd just moved those points elsewhere in my shotgun build, but a good thing balance-wise. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The tutorial missions are ok for what they are- quite basic, covering the easily misunderstood stuff. Some nice joke signs, plus some vital plot details: the police contract their map printing from China.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Crabtree posted:

I told them on the forums there were new waves of pubs and new players that had no idea how play this game, and worse learned all the wrong lessons they could from old idiots. With how much the game has changed, it isn't the worst idea in the world just to make an interactive tutorial instead of counting on the safe house that no one apparently visits as the introduction and then to learn anything valuable from JS onwards. But hey, here's a new challenge, no skills and starter weapons without mods on the new heists. Also use the worst perk decks you can think of or ones that have no skills. Complete noob run.

The tutorial heists give you a specific set of gear to use and are on the lowest difficulty. There's really absolutely nothing you can do to make them interesting.

The stealth one is reasonably helpful, I suppose. It neglects some important mechanics, though, I think. For example, some locks can be shot open faster than they can be picked. Cameras can be destroyed, instead of requiring an ECM to bypass. Of course, guards will path to and alert off of broken cameras. None of that sort of thing gets covered. Is it relevant for newbies? I'm not really sure.

The loud heist feels a lot less useful. It also seems to teach at least one bad habit, in that it seems to suggest healing off a Medbag. It also doesn't really explain assault wave mechanics. Bain just magically calls off the assault to trade a hostage when it comes time to do so.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
nobody needs to know that the assault wave ends when you kill a mythical number of cops lol

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I think that's an intermediate strat. The basic strat is just keeping killing until the cops go away.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Coolguye posted:

nobody needs to know that the assault wave ends when you kill a mythical number of cops lol

I mean more that you can only trade during assault waves, and that it will often be some amount of time before that happens. Rather than "Oh, someone is in custody. Let's take a hostage so Bain can quickly trade, like in the tutorial."

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Coolguye posted:

Huh, I always just thought it lasted a specific amount of time.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

juliuspringle posted:

Huh, I always just thought it lasted a specific amount of time.
Yeah, me too. Maybe just the assault breaks last a specific amount of time.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I believe the assault ends once one of two conditions are met: either you kill X cops, or the assault has lasted Y seconds.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I mean more that you can only trade during assault waves, and that it will often be some amount of time before that happens. Rather than "Oh, someone is in custody. Let's take a hostage so Bain can quickly trade, like in the tutorial."

i'd much rather someone take a hostage quickly than gently caress around and try to wait. bain literally tells you every time you go into custody that he can't trade you until the wave's over so for the guy who went into custody it could not be more clear. for the people who didn't they're either going to understand that it didn't happen during an assault wave or be trained to try to grab a hostage asap, which is exactly what you should do when you're just starting to learn the game.

I believe the assault ends once one of two conditions are met: either you kill X cops, or the assault has lasted Y seconds.

yeah it's some combination of that but honestly nobody needs to know that crap

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I like that Dallas gets pissy at Bain during these

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

I like that Dallas gets pissy at Bain during these

I think we can all agree that no matter how useless the tutorial levels are at teaching newbies about the game, they're worth playing just to hear Dallas bitching to Bain about how he knows how to cut open a loving chain-link fence.

That being said, yeah, they are kinda basic and I was hoping that the "don't use doctor bags until three downs, idiot" thing would be addressed in it, but I suppose nothing's perfect.

e: By the way, is anyone else having problems using the BLT hook's auto-updater? Whenever I try to update anything using it, no matter whether it's a forced redownload or the thing I'm actually trying to update (PocoHUD3), it downloads but then hangs up on the "Extracting Archive" step until I hit Alt-F4. I've tried disabling all my mods, waiting for long periods, and I'm still getting nothing. :(:

Runcible Spoon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 10, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

:siren: Stockholm Syndrome aced is currently given to everyone for free because Overkill programming happened :siren:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=13294 Here's a much better suit for Hoxton

:hellyeah:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 10, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I actually like the basic loud heist better as it includes something I wanted since the beta, characters talking at the end of a successful heist. "You're a dick for ever doubting us, Bain."

TinKelp
Jan 9, 2007
:dukedog:
Buglord

Crabtree posted:

I actually like the basic loud heist better as it includes something I wanted since the beta, characters talking at the end of a successful heist. "You're a dick for ever doubting us, Bain."

They already do this. When you complete a heist your character says a line. Some of them get cut off by the switch to the XP screen and I'm sure desync exacerbates the issue. That might be why you don't notice them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

TinKelp posted:

They already do this. When you complete a heist your character says a line. Some of them get cut off by the switch to the XP screen and I'm sure desync exacerbates the issue. That might be why you don't notice them.

Well not just when you hit the escape, I mean Dallas talks in the XP Screen poo poo talking Bain and telling him he'll let his bullshit slide if he starts giving him some real jobs with good payouts.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sale when. I want to catch up on DLC- three packs behind- but even with a jorb I don't feel like shelling out $19 on DLC right now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Drewjitsu posted:

I think that's an intermediate strat. The basic strat is just keeping killing until the cops go away.

That strategy is just the essence of all warfare, really.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Lemon-Lime posted:

That strategy is just the essence of all warfare, really.

"The surest path to attain domination over one's foes is to click the police until no police remain to click" - Sun Tzu, The Art of Cop Clicking

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I just bought The Judge and I'm in love.

By the way, some people were talking about using silencers in non-stealth builds. What's the deal with that? I got the impression the silenced skill tree mostly rewarded you for having good detection.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Krazyface posted:

By the way, some people were talking about using silencers in non-stealth builds. What's the deal with that? I got the impression the silenced skill tree mostly rewarded you for having good detection.

No. The two skills in the middle and in the left give really nice stat bonuses to silenced weapons. The BTB suppressor also provides good stat bonuses. As a result, you can put together some really powerful weapons.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Krazyface posted:

Specialized Killing buffs damage for having a silencer on a gun by 15% for basic and acing it for a total of 30%. And when certain guns, like say Shotgun, have skills that multiply damage (OVERKILL basic) or other skills give raw crit damage multipliers, the silencers just add more DP to your gun.

widespread posted:

Sale when. I want to catch up on DLC- three packs behind- but even with a jorb I don't feel like shelling out $19 on DLC right now.

When the summer sale hits you'll be able to grab all you want. It's just waiting on valve time at this point.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Crabtree posted:

From what I've seen of Payday 1, there used to be a lot more back & forth between Bain and the crew. Wish that had carried over, but I think for awhile they were really dedicated to the "evil mastermind" version of Bain that the web series was pushing.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Geight posted:

From what I've seen of Payday 1, there used to be a lot more back & forth between Bain and the crew. Wish that had carried over, but I think for awhile they were really dedicated to the "evil mastermind" version of Bain that the web series was pushing.

I think as the game got sillier, that made less and less sense.

"Yes, steal those nukes, stuff them into a goat, then drop them by parachute right into an enormous christmas present filled with cocaine. Exactly as planned."

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
The tutorials not teaching people what gives this game the skill ceiling it has is a-ok.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

the thread posted:

DLC advice
Thanks guys!

Geight posted:

I never played Payday 1 but if that poo poo was in two I would love it. Good banter makes everything better.

Magnetic North posted:

"Yes, steal those nukes, stuff them into a goat, then drop them by parachute right into an enormous christmas present filled with cocaine. Exactly as planned."
This sounds like Bain at the beginning of Slaughterhouse. "okay guys stick to the plan, just action points a, b, c, d, e, f, then g! No sweat."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Magnetic North posted:

PD1 was also strictly the 4 original Payday gang - whereas we're up to like a dozen people now, so back-and-forths with Bain that felt good would require a shitload more voice work.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

TopHatGenius posted:

"Fixed an issue where the assault phase would not get disabled if captain winters would be killed before he got fully assembled on the level"

About. Time.

Yeah, they've "fixed" this dozens of times now...

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Just like the "cops firing at a spot where a Jokered cop died".

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

3 times, and they were different forms of the bug.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I will believe this is actually fixed when I RPG him before he gets into position without glitching him/the assault.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
Do armor refresh effects also shorten the regeneration interval on Anarchist? Or are they useless if you're using that deck?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

The tutorials not teaching people what gives this game the skill ceiling it has is a-ok.

What does this even mean?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

chairface posted:

I will believe this is actually fixed when I RPG him before he gets into position without glitching him/the assault.

It's fixed now. You can kill his entire entourage but Winters does not retreat until he gets into position to be shot. There are no more infinite assaults but shooting at him early appears to be a waste of ammo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's fixed now. You can kill his entire entourage but Winters does not retreat until he gets into position to be shot. There are no more infinite assaults but shooting at him early appears to be a waste of ammo.

How's it a waste of ammo? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it reads like this to me:
kill winters' goons early
Winters arrives on station,
Winters immediately retreats because too many of his buddies are dead

what am I missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Psion posted:

How's it a waste of ammo? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it reads like this to me:
kill winters' goons early
Winters arrives on station,
Winters immediately retreats because too many of his buddies are dead

what am I missing

Does winters retreat when a percentage of his coterie is dead? I though he only retreated when you beat him (and only him) up enough.