Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Papercut posted:

He's in quick play with random people. He should be commending them if they can figure out how to get out of the spawn point. Those people's fun he's making GBS threads on could literally be 11-year-old kids.

Well I guess he could be an 11-year-old kid too. In that case, I'm sorry for calling you an rear end in a top hat, Mort.

I'm doing pubs a favor by carrying their sorry rear end, the least they can do is at least pretend they're helping
e: when I say me I mean my team, because teamwork OP also having healers and tanks is good and I never see pubs pick anything but hanzo and mei

I'm teaching them about what good heroes are. Their mice should have an electric shock when they pick hanzo or mei to negatively reinforce that those characters are really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mortimer posted:

I'm doing pubs a favor by carrying their sorry rear end, the least they can do is at least pretend they're helping
e: when I say me I mean my team, because teamwork OP also having healers and tanks is good and I never see pubs pick anything but hanzo and mei

I'm teaching them about what good heroes are. Their mice should have an electric shock when they pick hanzo or mei to negatively reinforce that those characters are really bad

If you want to win, why are you playing quick play with pubs?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pinely posted:

Eh, McCree's role is deleting Genji and Tracer and McCree takes way more aiming that Reaper, so I don't really mind getting flashed and fanned as Genji/Tracer.

The problem is his damage against other characters. There's no solid counter pick so I can't swap or ask for help, generally, in solo queue. It's frustrating, it's like your stuck just getting rolled as Genji whenever McCree shows up because, even if the other solo queue super stars were inclined to help, there's not much they can do without getting rolled too.

i just wish the counter was more than just like, an instant 0-100 you know

like with road hog his hook is basically a guaranteed death but you have a vague shot of escaping if he's reloading or if he's alone. its also about ten times more fun to get meat hooked and torn apart by the enemy team than to just get stunned and die with a white screen

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You guys are going to be hilarious once the ranked playlist comes out and have no more chances to blame people on picking the wrong heroes for your loss.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i eagerly await the ranked playlist so i can continue carrying my team as loving genji while they complain about having too many genjis

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ularg posted:

You guys are going to be hilarious once the ranked playlist comes out and have no more chances to blame people on picking the wrong heroes for your loss.

Are you implying people won't pick wrong heroes in ranked?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Let people have fun + play who they think looks cool good lord

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Lady Naga posted:

Are you implying people won't pick wrong heroes in ranked?

I'm a battle Lucio, don't expect any heals :clint:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mortimer posted:

Who gives a poo poo if they win or not? There isn't even a ranked mode yet

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Let people have fun + play who they think looks cool good lord

But my W/L record 😭

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I think it is fun to win but I also think that I shouldn't police what other people play.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Before you enter quick play please take this quiz on what heroes are acceptable to play. Sorry you did not pass the test *banned from Overwatch*.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The only acceptable choice is a Soldier 76 six stack.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
D.Va should have been a pet-tank class where you can jump out of your mech and it would have rudimentary AI to follow you around and shoot things. Then your right-click (currently empty) could set way points for it.

Instead we have lesser Winston.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I think it is fun to win but I also think that I shouldn't police what other people play.

I'm the guy that cares about winning enough to let everyone pick a hero and then pick mine based on what we need. I play a lot of medic/tank as a result.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
If you are policing the picks of your random teammates in casual mode, I'm afraid you deserve to be called a human being.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Thor-Stryker posted:

D.Va should have been a pet-tank class where you can jump out of your mech and it would have rudimentary AI to follow you around and shoot things. Then your right-click (currently empty) could set way points for it.

Instead we have lesser Winston.

I love Titanfall.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

RC Cola posted:

In general, competitive team based objective shooters are better when they're played as competitive, team based objective shooters. Believe it or not, some people actually paid money to play the game because they actually find winning or at least attempting to win fun.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Rufio posted:

If you are policing the picks of your random teammates in casual mode, I'm afraid you deserve to be called a human being.

Nobody deserves slurs.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rufio posted:

The guy that tells you what you need to play is usually the guy needing to switch heroes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ddraig posted:

In general, competitive team based objective shooters are better when they're played as competitive, team based objective shooters. Believe it or not, some people actually paid money to play the game because they actually find winning or at least attempting to win fun.

Oh sorry I didn't realize picking Mei, D.va, or whoever else you think sucks today is considered "Not wanting to win" excuse me.

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
Genji players - did you have a knack for him from the start that got better with time? Or did you have to repetitively die and lose and button mash until you realized what each button actually does and then finally calculate your attacks better.

I want to learn him but I feel useless as hell and I'm wondering if it's even worth the losses playing him.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DirtyTalk posted:

Genji players - did you have a knack for him from the start that got better with time? Or did you have to repetitively die and lose and button mash until you realized what each button actually does and then finally calculate your attacks better.

I want to learn him but I feel useless as hell and I'm wondering if it's even worth the losses playing him.

The best way to play Genji is to take him to training mode and practice his combo over and over until it's pure muscle memory and you can execute it as fast as possible. Alternatively; eat a bullet. Both are equally as fun.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ularg posted:

Oh sorry I didn't realize picking Mei, D.va, or whoever else you think sucks today is considered "Not wanting to win" excuse me.

This

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DirtyTalk posted:

not an empty quote.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

lotta unfun unchill assholes in this thread

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

RC Cola posted:

i convinced a team yesterday to all switch to junkrat (except for the reaper)

the symmetra who basically won the game for the other team was talking mad poo poo about how we didn't care about winning. well, duh

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
How does anyone have the time in the day to respond to every other post in this thread? I mean goddamn

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

The best way to play Genji is to take him to training mode and practice his combo over and over until it's pure muscle memory and you can execute it as fast as possible. Alternatively; eat a bullet. Both are equally as fun.

Oh right, his combo. Um - what's his combo again... :ohdear:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MacheteZombie posted:

not an empty quote.

Without being glib seriously just practice his combo over and over again until you can execute it without even thinking. RMB-dash-melee-RMB (if they're not dead yet).

Rufio posted:

How does anyone have the time in the day to respond to every other post in this thread? I mean goddamn

I'm not in school again until September and I work from home.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Mei utterly fucks up everything else her team is doing with a wall they don't realize they can drop instantly.

Wait what

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Without being glib seriously just practice his combo over and over again until you can execute it without even thinking. RMB-dash-melee-RMB (if they're not dead yet).

I'm not in school again until September and I work from home.

RMB is right mouse button, right? Why the widespread instead of the straight line?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I use a random 1-21 number generator to pick my hero for me, I don't even look at the team comp anymore

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MacheteZombie posted:

RMB is right mouse button, right? Why the widespread instead of the straight line?

It fires faster by a significant margin and you lose zero DPS if you're up close. Obviously if you're at a range where all three won't hit you should LMB.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Ularg posted:

Every single D.Va and Mei I've encountered in Quick Play has been utter trash that has been a complete detriment to their team. I really can't but think that if they really did want to try to win they wouldn't have picked the two heroes most likely to help the enemy team more than their own.

But w/e. I'm sure every single time D.Va gives Zarya 100% charge and she massacres their team's healers, or Mei blocks the exit so their team can't escape from an ult, I'm sure all the other people on their team are thankful they have those two holding down the fort.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Imagined posted:

Wait what

you can cancel her wall early by hitting the same button

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ddraig posted:

Well they're getting trolled crazy hard by Blizzard since the match making system is actively trying to give everyone the exact same W/L record.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

It fires faster by a significant margin and you lose zero DPS if you're up close. Obviously if you're at a range where all three won't hit you should LMB.

Gotcha, that makes a whole lot of sense. Should you keep deflect for when you come into contact with roadhogs, turrets, bastions?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Imagined posted:

Wait what

Press E again, the wall will come down. The amount of times I've had to explain this to helpful Mei's who just want to make sure the enemy team is not actually in my sights I could have probably written the Great Breakout Novel instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

I love Titanfall.

Oh that's right, Titanfall had that feature. It was a great idea but they required an extra perk to make it 'ok'.

D.Va + Mech Tank could have been an interesting force multiplier though.