Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mortimer posted:

"I'm going to play hanzo"
"hanzo isnt good, we need a widowmaker tank healer reaper mccree tracer genji 76 try one of those"
"okay"

oh look we won

Yeah that's totally going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

nigga crab pollock posted:

i did not know this combo in fact i did not even know overwatch even had a melee button

advanced genji technology:

• secondary fire -> quick melee -> dash animation cancels from attack to attack for easy spikes in damage
  • you can cancel Genji's reflect with wall climbing if you want to start shooting again immediately
  • genji's ability to actually be killed by getting knocked off the map is actually pretty low, because you can use the dash to move up or down

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

nigga crab pollock posted:

i did not know this combo in fact i did not even know overwatch even had a melee button

The melee attack is really good, because it animation cancels for some heroes. Roadhog is another one that has a great combo, in that you can cancel his shotgun attack into a melee attack, which you can cancel into a skill. You can one-shot another Roadhog without him able to really react if you walk up to him and LMB-Melee-Hook-LMB-Melee, and you can even finish it off with his Heal if you need to, all in about the time it takes to throw out your hook and a half second more.

Another important trick is animation cancelling Reaper's reload animation is faster - press V when his 8/8 shows up and you save some time.

On the topic of reloading, it's faster to reload as Bastion if you just leave and re-enter sentry mode, because reasons. :psyduck:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i had my first instance of a pubbie swearing at me last night

he complained in team chat that he died 4 times to roadhog hooking him into the pit in ilios

i said maybe don't stand next to the pit, he said maybe suck my cock

another pubbie said yes but also maybe don't stand next to the pit

and that's my story of overwatch pubbies. they're almost always just silent(ly bad) in my games.

i have since realized that i think this guy was actually playing lucio, and could have wallridden out of the well himself. :psyduck:

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Mortimer posted:

as long as the cause was we got outplayed instead of "our team comp was hosed by useless heroes" then im pretty all right tbh

uhh?
"I'm intentionally feeding"
"please don't play mei or hanzo!"

what did that solve

"hanzo isnt good, we need a widowmaker tank healer reaper mccree tracer genji 76 try one of those"
"okay"

oh look we won

1. Get over yourself, because I promise you that you and your friends aren't even close to as good as you think you are.

2. Please post your and your friends' gamertags so I can preemptively block you dumbasses. I'd like to reduce the chances of getting paired with insufferable children.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I was solo queuing and someone told me that since I picked last i had to go healer. I told that guy to eat a dick.

I'm starting to think that Pharah is mediocre and needs a movement speed buff of some kind.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Dren posted:

I was solo queuing and someone told me that since I picked last i had to go healer. I told that guy to eat a dick.

I'm starting to think that Pharah is mediocre and needs a movement speed buff of some kind.

She has one, it's called conc jumping

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mortimer posted:

as long as the cause was we got outplayed instead of "our team comp was hosed by useless heroes" then im pretty all right tbh

uhh?
"I'm intentionally feeding"
"please don't play mei or hanzo!"

what did that solve

"okay"

oh look we won

Hanzo is fine though.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Eonwe posted:

all the heroes are pretty fun and good

its kind of weird seeing people say "all people who play X" are bad or that you shuldn't play a hero

This is true and what I came here to post.

Mortimer posted:

thanks buddha I guess I"ll learn to love the game and have fun even when getting stomped namaste

Good luck with this friend, it really does make the game a whole lot better when you're having fun even when losing horribly.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The best case scenario with MMR matchmaking is that long term you'll lose half the time. If you can't deal with losing at least half the time then you may be a whiny baby.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The only time I don't have fun is when my team gets snowballed instantly because then there isn't even time to have any fun battles or try counter heroes or anything. Losing a hard fought round is still great.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I'm okay with losing because I treat them as opportunities to recognize where I'm lacking, such as seeing how I over-extended when I had no business to.

What gets me salty though is being paired against some godly Widowmaker who has 20 years of FPS experience vs. my "I used to play Payday 2 a little bit" experience and my team being brutally shut down and unable to even exist without dying instantly, which seems to happen only when my winrate goes above 52%.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I've won games with a Mei and Hanzo both on my team. Had fun too

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

a cat on an apple posted:

I'm okay with losing because I treat them as opportunities to recognize where I'm lacking, such as seeing how I over-extended when I had no business to.

What gets me salty though is being paired against some godly Widowmaker who has 20 years of FPS experience vs. my "I used to play Payday 2 a little bit" experience and my team being brutally shut down and unable to even exist without dying instantly, which seems to happen only when my winrate goes above 52%.

It's okay to get mad sometimes, just don't be a dick about it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Getting stomped outside of spawn isn't fun, but I've never had a game be a stomp because someone picked D.va or mei or Hanzo.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A problem with switching characters midgame is that it means you very rarely get one of the callout cards at the end. They're a really neat idea but currently they really reward sticking to your guns in a weird way that the game design should theoretically not encourage at all.

E: ^- if we're getting stomped outside of spawn I often switch TO D'Va because she's good at getting to the point so at least a few people from the other team have to turn around.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 10, 2016

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Is Shayed real life job to be Seagull's pocket Mercy?

I don't think I've ever seen a match where he didn't follow him 24/7 like the most loyal pet. I mean Seagull is crazy good, but so many incredible plays wouldn't have been possible without Shayed. :)

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Rufio posted:

get the gently caress out of this thread with that poo poo

idiot

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Rufio posted:

next you're gonna say a zenyatta was also on the winning team

gently caress you troll

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

a cat on an apple posted:

She has one, it's called conc jumping

Something with horizontal speed. Conc jumping is slow horizontally. Making conc jump work better for horizontal movement would be a big help. She just feels so slow to duck in and out of combat with.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Kawabata posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a match where he didn't follow him 24/7 like the most loyal pet. I mean Seagull is crazy good, but so many incredible plays wouldn't have been possible without Shayed. :)

She's their team manager, I think he explained once. When they're playing and not scrimming, she just acts as a pocket Mercy for Seagull, yes.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kamikaze Raider posted:

1. Get over yourself, because I promise you that you and your friends aren't even close to as good as you think you are.

2. Please post your and your friends' gamertags so I can preemptively block you dumbasses. I'd like to reduce the chances of getting paired with insufferable children.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Mortimer-1959/compare
:smuggo:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Kawabata posted:

Shayed is apparently the manager for his team, so technically he's her pet.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

maybe, just maybe, if you are a big fat retard

you should join a mlg forum instead of posting on SA

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hahaha it all makes sense. You're an edgelord

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

at least there you'll have people who want to help you jerk off while yelling at you of how small your penis is.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Ularg posted:

Getting stomped outside of spawn isn't fun, but I've never had a game be a stomp because someone picked D.va or mei or Hanzo.

Yeah getting spawn camped isn't fun, but at least to me it's a pretty rare occurrence and it's over in like 3 minutes.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cool, so you can't even back up your lovely attitude with good play.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I'll hold em... you punch!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

guys, check out how loving awesome i am at internet waifu wars

gently caress ya if you dont do this you cant have fun you loving pleb, now suck my dick as i say how good i am

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

like, do you even see the size of it? its amazing

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Pro strat I found last night: slam pick Reaper or 67 or something so someone else picks a healer, then wait until you spawn and switch to Lucio instead. Then you have two healers and will win, but that's the only way it ever happens. Also Lucio is excellent on all the KOTH maps because they all have a shitload of cliffs.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

what

you're level 40 with less than 130 wins, how does that prove anything ever

are you that reaper that makes everyone lose to get the sick kills and potgs instead of coordinating with the team to play the objective

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Just tried to play a defense game and only half the team went to the start point. Not surprising we got curbstomped. Nice playing with fuckheads who are either afk or retarded.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Rufio posted:

:eyepop:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Drythe posted:

like, do you even see the size of it? its amazing

I know you're ironically trolling but to be honest it's a pretty nice penis. :shrug:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

imgay

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:dong:

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Hahaha. It's always good to be proven right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Grammaton posted:

Just tried to play a defense game and only half the team went to the start point. Not surprising we got curbstomped. Nice playing with fuckheads who are either afk or retarded.

did you try yelling at them and telling them they suck? that is a super pro strat i heard from a mlg player, it works really well