Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Space T Rex posted:

AAAAAAA Vullaby and Manidbuzz are his best ones though?!?! They both rule?!

Mandibuzz also has the best Japanese name (Vulgina)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Mew code up for grabs:

A6Z5SQYL39W7N7JY

Primus
May 14, 2007

Greater than the sum of his parts.

Immer posted:

Here's a Mew too: A6Z54PWCDSCJTF8N

Yanked this one thank you kindly!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Taking your suggestions into account, now looks like this.

Storm (Pidgeot-Mega) (F) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Protect

Rhys (Rhydon) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock

Jean (Alakazam) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute

Facepalm (Exeggutor) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute

Hotdog (Arcanine) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 10 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Chewie (Gyarados) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

The point of T-wave on Zam was basically the surprise factor, nobody seemed to expect it or Gleam, but I've swapped for Substitute. Dropped Hyper Beam for Roost. Also swapped Rock Blast on Rhydon for Stone Edge cause I always seem to roll 2 when it matters, was thinking of switching it for Rock Tomb, slow down some sweepers.

The other thing I forgot to say is I'm trying to stick to item clause here. Otherwise I'd be running sub-dance with lefties on Gyarados.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Can someone slip me the subject line of the Mew code e-mails? I haven't seen mine yet.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

Can someone slip me the subject line of the Mew code e-mails? I haven't seen mine yet.

"Start Summer with Manaphy!"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does anyone have a spare Darkrai code?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be some new info released today?

There's going to be new footage 9am PST on Tuesday as part of E3, is that what you're thinking of?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I wish Golurk was bulkier, I get why it's slow but only 80 SpD/Def means it's getting revenge killed every time unless you get lucky with immunities

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I wish Golurk was bulkier, I get why it's slow but only 80 SpD/Def means it's getting revenge killed every time unless you get lucky with immunities

when it mega evolves and sheds its armor to become a clay bishonen ghost it's gonna get base 120 speed

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ruggington posted:

when it mega evolves and sheds its armor to become a clay bishonen ghost it's gonna get base 120 speed

Nah. Golurk's Mega has to have the giant sword that super robots always seem to have at their disposal.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a giant sword and shield called aegislash. pokemon dna digivolution is next

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

a giant sword and shield called aegislash. pokemon dna digivolution is next

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdnP88s9QO4

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
One of the strongest attacks a giant robot/mecha can have is a rocket punch attack. Mega Golurk will clearly have an ability that causes all punch type moves to deal triple damage and have 100% accuracy.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pokken wasted so much of its potential

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

One of the strongest attacks a giant robot/mecha can have is a rocket punch attack. Mega Golurk will clearly have an ability that causes all punch type moves to deal triple damage and have 100% accuracy.

the inazuma kick is much more important imo

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Not sure if this works since it isn't letting me use it but here's my Mew code from the newsletter.

A6Z5 XQZU UKDY 8TL9

I divided it up into segments of four to make it easier to read. Like I said though, I don't know if it will work for you, but I figured if it does yehaw?

I'm thinking it is the same code from the start of the year or something? Because it simply says "you cannot use this code".

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dexie posted:

Nah. Golurk's Mega has to have the giant sword that super robots always seem to have at their disposal.

Or his mega could make him switch between a sword for sword-ish attacks, and a greathammer for other attacks

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Houle posted:

Not sure if this works since it isn't letting me use it but here's my Mew code from the newsletter.

A6Z5 XQZU UKDY 8TL9

I divided it up into segments of four to make it easier to read. Like I said though, I don't know if it will work for you, but I figured if it does yehaw?

I'm thinking it is the same code from the start of the year or something? Because it simply says "you cannot use this code".

The code will not work if you already received a Mew from the gamestop card handout promotion.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ruggington posted:

pokken wasted so much of its potential

I'm hoping they make a sequel that lives up to what it really could have been at some point.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Or his mega could make him switch between a sword for sword-ish attacks, and a greathammer for other attacks

Golurk strikes me as more of a punching robot than anything else, so maybe a drill fist would work better to suit that and it's Ground type. Also, if we take spinoffs into account, it can turn into a cannon at will, so that's plenty for it to do.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Golurk was too strong to put in Pokken

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Golurk is a Ground-type because it's made of clay. Same with the Baltoy line.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

merge ground type and rock type into earth type. i don't care about the consequences

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Stealth Earth

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The system kind of breaks down when you try and do all of them. Not through a fault of the system itself, but because you'll have two pokemon you sort of like but are also sort of indifferent to, and they'll end up vanishing because you, personally, don't have a consistent list of pokemon in the middle.

Also, doing this does make it clear that most Pokémon are actually pretty good, and it's only once you really start getting towards the end that you've got a mountain of terrible.

EDIT: Link doesn't even show all of them. Lowest few were Ambipom, smallest Ice Cream Cone, that one sort of heart-shaped fish that isn't Luvdisk, Mime Jr., and Gothita

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 10, 2016

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

e. also how do i find out who designed what pokemon?

I want to know this too

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Mega Golurk is now my favorite pokemon that doesn't exist wow so good

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

The Lord of Hats posted:

The system kind of breaks down when you try and do all of them.[/url] Not through a fault of the system itself, but because you'll have two pokemon you sort of like but are also sort of indifferent to, and they'll end up vanishing because you, personally, don't have a consistent list of pokemon in the middle.

Also, doing this does make it clear that most Pokémon are actually pretty good, and it's only once you really start getting towards the end that you've got a mountain of terrible.

Yeah I was trying to do them all too and around 100 in I noticed it start to not sort how I'd really want them to anymore. And somehow Carracoasta came in like 60th place when he should have been like top 20 or so.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

I want to know this too

List of Pokemon by designer

Obviously not all of them are known, but it seems fairly even across designers, with Ken Sugimori drawing the final artwork. The only way we find out who designed what is if they tell us and for older Pokemon, they might not remember anymore.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

:eyepop:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

its weird that he did Pangoro but not Pancham

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

they're on point, whoever they are

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

all of rotoms forms were by different people :wtc:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:worship:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hyunjung lee: i'm going to make rotom heat look nice and cute

hiroki fuchino: i'm going to give rotom wash a huge pipe and a wonky arm

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Lord of Hats posted:

Lowest few were Ambipom, smallest Ice Cream Cone, that one sort of heart-shaped fish that isn't Luvdisk, Mime Jr., and Gothita

You are a black-hearted monster

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

less laughter posted:

You are a black-hearted monster

I defy you to point out a mistake on that list.

For the record: Aipom is great. Ambipom is terrible.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ambipom's tail hands got stung by bees on his way to get added in gen iv and sugimori was like "whatever" and used beesting tailhands for everything. shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I wish Rotom-F learned Ice Beam and not Blizzard :(

• Locked thread