Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Expecting half of a party you meet in solo queue to be capable of doing max 3.0 DPS may be a bit much to ask considering there are still more than a few out there whose DPS would be shameful in 2.4. As usual if you're having trouble you may be better off going in with an FC group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
For the time being, at least. I expect a nerf soon enough. After all, I am still running into people incapable of making the final boss's DPS check in The Aery as I level SCH.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

i220 crafted gear is super cheap to make now that favor items aren't red scrip locked, MB prices may or may not be tanking now but they will soon, and your friendly neighborhood crafters can make it without too much expense.

i220 DoW/M gear does not use favor mats. It uses eso mats, which are heavily limited right now due to the new relic step devouring people's Eso on top of also being required for the new 190 crafting and gathering sets.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SwissArmyDruid posted:

For the time being, at least. I expect a nerf soon enough. After all, I am still running into people incapable of making the final boss's DPS check in The Aery as I level SCH.

It is always sad when I have to go all out in The Aery, I run leveling content to relax, not to push my character to the limit of what they can do at that level.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Also, 60 is nowhere near the only place to be profitable. With all the new housing, you can make bank on low level stuff like siltstone, limestone, effervescent water, mahogany, and a huge list of stuff; just go through the mb for a bit to see what's priced up to insane levels

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Boten Anna posted:

As apologies for the downtime or something I added [vine] and [webm] to ffgoons. I only tested [vine]. Knock yourselves out!

You don't have to apologize for anything, thanks for all of this Gaga!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sentient Data posted:

Also, 60 is nowhere near the only place to be profitable. With all the new housing, you can make bank on low level stuff like siltstone, limestone, effervescent water, mahogany, and a huge list of stuff; just go through the mb for a bit to see what's priced up to insane levels

This is true. A lot of people would rather just buy frequently needed lower level items off the MB rather than bother getting the stuff themselves, even if it means paying inflated prices. You can take advantage of this while you are starting out to begin building your best egg.

If you can't seem to find a niche, glamour prisms are easy to make, always sell, and have a good profit margin.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Glamor prisms seem to have severely crashed in price now that they can be quick synth'd. Not unexpected - you are like 2 teleports and like a dozen clicks from building full stacks.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

Alright, I got the ffgoons forums up and running :toot:

Everything is a hard copy over though I redid configs and poo poo but it accepts the same cookies and everything because I was already logged in and a post seemed to work. I did get a rando forbidden error on one pageload though? Test it out and let me know if anything is off.

Now to get the mumble back.

trying to register an account is making GBS threads itself. The autoauth is spitting back HTTP Err 500.

Hope that helps.

fakedit: there is no fakedit. only shitlords who can't check they finished their post.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Dunno if this holds true for whatever server you goons are on but on Balmung at least Diadem fishing is profitable. Apparently Pterodactyls are not used for the relic as well as crafting? So prices have spiked.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Verranicus posted:

Dunno if this holds true for whatever server you goons are on but on Balmung at least Diadem fishing is profitable. Apparently Pterodactyls are not used for the relic as well as crafting? So prices have spiked.
If you have LTW, pterodactyl leather is much more profitable than raw pterodactyls, and only requires one pterodactyl and one dark chestnut log, which is super cheap.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/209148-Marriage-Partner-Hookup-Megathread%21

Sooo anyone from SA want free items and mount? I feel like it'd be a terrible idea but hey 400+ page thread can't be wrong right?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I sold a stack of 99 aqueous whetsones for over 300k yesterday. Market is hyper hosed at the moment and it's great.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

If you have LTW, pterodactyl leather is much more profitable than raw pterodactyls, and only requires one pterodactyl and one dark chestnut log, which is super cheap.

I do have LTW up, but I haven't been keeping my gear up to date. What would I need to craft it easily and what would a good cycle of abilities to use be?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

I sold a stack of 99 aqueous whetsones for over 300k yesterday. Market is hyper hosed at the moment and it's great.

:psyduck: Did they just not have any GC seals, or something?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Verranicus posted:

I do have LTW up, but I haven't been keeping my gear up to date. What would I need to craft it easily and what would a good cycle of abilities to use be?
It's 1*, so it should be easy with a full set of the now-blue scrip gear (or a carbonweave set). 35 durability craft, so just look up a decent rotation for that.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

It's 1*, so it should be easy with a full set of the now-blue scrip gear (or a carbonweave set). 35 durability craft, so just look up a decent rotation for that.

Thanks!

Unrelated, but my new glamour makes me look like an extra from a sentai series.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

A good chest piece.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Potato Jones posted:

A good chest piece.

Our characters need to duel on a rooftop at sunrise while a Japanese man sings in the background.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

It seems great minds think alike!

Almost as if we're some sort of... hivemind.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I was doing Aquapolis with a bunch of goons before I had to head into work and on my run we all had the privilege of seeing a Triple Rainbow. It's something I didn't think could occur in the wild... but Aquapolis doesn't seem to adhere to the rules of nature, now does it?

Yoshi, you devious devil.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The Grimace posted:

I was doing Aquapolis with a bunch of goons before I had to head into work and on my run we all had the privilege of seeing a Triple Rainbow. It's something I didn't think could occur in the wild... but Aquapolis doesn't seem to adhere to the rules of nature, now does it?

Yoshi, you devious devil.

Actually, you can have quadruple rainbows :eng101:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

Actually, you can have quadruple rainbows :eng101:

Actually, you can have _quintuple_ rainbows. :eng101:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/150/

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Edit: nvm

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Leal posted:

I believe one of them took off their jobstone cause the person put gladiator as the tank role for PF.

This is amazing and I'd love to help newbies by doing this. :shobon:

Aphrodite posted:

He's like cashiers in Quebec.

He speaks English fine but gently caress you we speak Dragon here.

Wyrms like Hraesvelgr sound like they're speaking Dothraki (and probably are, considering all the ASOIAF references). In game I thought they used mind speech though, hence the "booming, echoing in your head" effect from them speaking.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:psyduck: Did they just not have any GC seals, or something?

GC seals can be used to but moonstones for the i240 relic.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

The bird beast tribe also gives a moonstone when you do the delivery quest.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Office Pig posted:

It seems great minds think alike!

Almost as if we're some sort of... hivemind.

DID SOMEBODY SAY GNATH THORAX

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Is there anything more depressing than an honest healer with the tempter/tempress of fate title who can't keep people alive :smith:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Is there anything more depressing than an honest healer with the tempter/tempress of fate title who can't keep people alive :smith:
I've seen honest healers in FATE parties. Like, they just sit there, jump up and down, and follow the party around and occasionally cast cure on a tiny scratch.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I've seen honest healers in FATE parties. Like, they just sit there, jump up and down, and follow the party around and occasionally cast cure on a tiny scratch.

Doing that gives you a ton of credit, not that it should matter in most FATEs. It's the same reason WHMs Medica II and then Cure 3 spam in hunts when there's a mob while putting regens on as many people as they can before the pull.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Is there anyway to stop ffxiv from crashing if my bluetooth headphones drop connection? How is that even a thing?

EDIT: I've healed struggling people in passing, but wasn't part of the FATE (over the min level and didn't sync). That didn't gently caress anyone over did it :ohdear:?

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 11, 2016

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

GloomMouse posted:

EDIT: I've healed struggling people in passing, but wasn't part of the FATE (over the min level and didn't sync). That didn't gently caress anyone over did it :ohdear:?

Nope, not at all.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Alright, so I just beat Weeping City for the first time. lmao if this is on farm for pubbies by the time the next patch rolls around. Even with a totally premade alliance we ended up running out the timer on Ozma during our first try because a lot of people just couldn't grasp it. It's a shame, as I'd love to just do it weekly. It's got some truly incredible scenery and the boss fights are just mean enough to be exciting.

The cutscene right after finishing was pretty great, though. Apparently demons have no idea what the gently caress to do about pirates acting like pirates :yarr:

Anyway, I'm kinda loving these sets from the new dungeons.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 11, 2016

ChaosSora
Feb 20, 2013

I just had a really good Weeping City run where someone in the alliance made macro's to explain the mechanics of each fight to newbies. We only had two wipes the whole run, one to Ozma where we go him down to 5 percent and one to the final boss since people needed to learn the hair mechanics and poor play in general. Honestly I'm hoping that type of run becomes the norm, because when everyone know their poo poo all of the fights are a lot of fun. I had already gotten a clear on Tuesday, but I'm really glad the run that I was helping my friends through went so well.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

ChaosSora posted:

I just had a really good Weeping City run where someone in the alliance made macro's to explain the mechanics of each fight to newbies. We only had two wipes the whole run, one to Ozma where we go him down to 5 percent and one to the final boss since people needed to learn the hair mechanics and poor play in general. Honestly I'm hoping that type of run becomes the norm, because when everyone know their poo poo all of the fights are a lot of fun. I had already gotten a clear on Tuesday, but I'm really glad the run that I was helping my friends through went so well.

please make sure that the person spamming the macros that "explain" the fights know what the gently caress they're talking about. I've heard horror stories about shitlords coipypasting "instructions" from Reddit that were dead. loving. wrong.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

ever since some nerf they did after boosting dungeon experience in 2.x i started getting silvers and bronzes for dpsing and healing barely at all or letting selene do her thing. they shifted it to be role based =\

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Btw if you got crafter 50+ you've been meaning to level now might be a really really good time. All the dragonmap hunting is causing a ton of crafting mats to hit the marketboard and killing the prices.

Saw Holy Rainbow Cloth for 500gil just now. the HQ ones.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

zolthorg posted:

ever since some nerf they did after boosting dungeon experience in 2.x i started getting silvers and bronzes for dpsing and healing barely at all or letting selene do her thing. they shifted it to be role based =\
FATE credit is based entirely on how much aggro you generate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

GloomMouse posted:

Is there anyway to stop ffxiv from crashing if my bluetooth headphones drop connection? How is that even a thing?

The problem is that bluetooth implementations on PCs is dumb and your headset acts like an entire audio driver, so when your headset disconnects it's like you ripped your audio card out of your computer.

Get one of those software virtual audio cable things. Set the virtual device as your primary one so FFXIV uses it, then just feed your actual bluetooth device (and speakers or whatever) into the virtual device through the software; that way if your headset disconnects, only the other program potentially bitches at you while FFXIV still just sees the exact same virtual driver

• Locked thread