Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

EKDS5k posted:

Have you never seen him post before? That's all he does in every thread on the whole board.

It boggles the mind that people still take the bait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

stump posted:

My theory is that stringent testing makes the prices of old cars drop lower due to MOT fear, and while the MOT increases the cost of ownership it offset lower bottom end price of cars meaning total cost of ownership is similar, but cars are typically safer and in better condition. Obviously there are other factors like the lack of export market for RHD UK vehicles, but I think there is some level of truth in my theory.
Mm, I've tried to work it out myself before, but it seems to be a fairly complex issue in terms of where it all comes from. We do certainly have it better here than almost anywhere I've seen in the US, though, in terms of how "good" a car is at the bottom end of the market. I can practically guarantee that for a few hundred pounds here, I can grab a running, driving, MOT'd car that looks ok and isn't particularly "shitboxy", as long as I'm ok with taking what's available at the time.

stump posted:

Edit: Also I think the "but what about the poors" argument against testing is bullshit, as it simply points to a bigger issue that if people cannot afford some form of safe transport it is due to a complete failure of the social safety net, minimum wage and public transport. People should not need to drive an unsafe car in order to get to work and out food on their plate.
Public transport is definitely better in this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

loving :laffo: at someone suggesting the solution to being poor is to get a credit card.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good derail everyone.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

My gf saw that on my screen and said "What, is that supposed to be some sort of doof wagon?"

Now I'm not so sure.

That was kind of my thought too. Doof wagon=:krad:, that jeep=terrible. Where is the line drawn?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bape Culture posted:

Good derail everyone.

:allears:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

Good derail everyone.

Is it, in some way, against all probability, still somehow based on a Fiero?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

SCA Enthusiast posted:

That was kind of my thought too. Doof wagon=:krad:, that jeep=terrible. Where is the line drawn?

One has a blind dude bungee jumping on it with a flaming guitar and rallies warriors in a post apocalyptic desert, the other gets some dumbasses ego stroked at car shows it slowly trundles to without ever leaving pavement because it might get dirty or scratched

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you flipped the speakers outwards, and added a mini-stage?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Saw this vette with a rad wide body kit. Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of it from the side. I can assure you all that it was horrid.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Saw this vette with a rad wide body kit. Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of it from the side. I can assure you all that it was horrid.

If you're going to wrap image tags around something it has to be an image.

And yeah that thing's an abomination.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Not sure if terrible or awesome

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Strategy posted:

Awesome, but looks better on Lamborghinis

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Strategy posted:

Some species of fish do dazzle their prey, but I've never seen a horse do it and it works better on non humans

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Strategy posted:

Should/would be terrible, but the black lines on the panel edges make it awesome, IMO. Just the barracuda (the fish, not the Mopar competitor)-style wrap would be kinda crap, but with the lines it looks like something out of a videogame.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It looks like an old cel shaded video game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got up to piss this morning and was probably still mostly asleep so I used my right arm to hold myself up against the wall whilst peeing and I fell back asleep and fell over and probably peed in my own mouth as I lay there for 10 seconds trying to figure out what the gently caress happened and where the gently caress I was.

But let's talk about poverty some more.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Actually I think they were done with the derail until you came running in here flapping your arms and making the autism noise.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Shrapnig posted:

Actually I think they were done with the derail until you came running in here flapping your arms and making the autism noise.

:boom:

also wrong thread for the mustang

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Linedance posted:

Awesome, but looks better on Lamborghinis

Agreed, Mustang isn't as cool a shape for this to work as well. Still p.deece though.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Delivery McGee posted:

Should/would be terrible, but the black lines on the panel edges make it awesome, IMO. Just the barracuda (the fish, not the Mopar competitor)-style wrap would be kinda crap, but with the lines it looks like something out of a videogame.

Concept art-car for Borderlands 3 spotted

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Which one of you did this

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'd never put one of those on my shifter, I worry far too much about grenading my 5MT as it is

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
That's just kind of asking to be riddled with bullets if a cop ever stops you.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

SaNChEzZ posted:

Which one of you did this

Actually, I'm pretty sure Trouser Chili did that recently to one of his rides. The Accord maybe?

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Did someone use the word 'theoretically'? We know what that does to people in this thread.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

it would be cool if you werfe a paraplegic and the trigger was the clutch

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Well if you're gonna get gored by something in the car in an accident, it should be something meant for gorin'

Fayez Butts posted:

it would be cool if you werfe a paraplegic and the trigger was the clutch

Until the cops gun you down, but sure.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/classic-e-type-jaguar-crashes-into-lamp-post-just-after-painstaking-full-restoration-11364067201501

:smith:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Oh no that is terrible. I saw a beautiful e type a couple weeks ago. Few cars come close to how excellent those things look.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I like that they keep saying "a classic Jaguar crashed," like the car drove itself into a lamppost, instead of "a dumbshit rich guy crashed his Jaguar."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
"Dumbass wrecks one of the most beautiful cars ever"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Assuming the tire marks on the pavement behind the car are related to the crash, it reads to me like someone saw a straight bit of road and were all "let's see how it accelerates!"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i think the thread got archived but which goon had the bad rear end jag they were restoring?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

gently caress. I'm putting a suicide shifter on my goldwing just so I can do this.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

gently caress. I'm putting a suicide shifter on my goldwing just so I can do this.

As in suicide by cop?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

BraveUlysses posted:

i think the thread got archived but which goon had the bad rear end jag they were restoring?

Way2slow

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

The Door Frame posted:

Those stopped being amusing around 2013, and are just really depressing now because they still have the faded "NOPE" sticker from 2008, even though we're 2 election cycles away from that being relevant. There's a silver RAM that I see every once in a while in my town with a really wordy "buy American" sticker on its tailgate, out in the boonies, there was this big diesel RAM with the NRA/American flag window decal and several "NObama" style stickers that I would see on my way to school, a lifted coal roller that had a Confederate Tailgate and "Miss W Yet" sticker on the window, and so many others. I thought everywhere else had them too, but Illinois is full of these trucks, and they're almost always RAMs or Silverados, but I did see a Ranger once, and that really stuck out because of the Mazda connection. And because it was a 20 year old truck that was in great shape, minus a really cheap Star-Spangled paintjob and countless :911: stickers

What about shiny, proudly maintained vintage political trim? :v:

I spotted this dude just a few days after the Libertarian party convention, which if you missed it managed to provide some standout moments of absolute unfiltered crazy in an election season not at all lacking for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45x4OpMoow.

One single person cast a write-in vote for Ron Paul to be the presidential nominee on the first ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BraveUlysses posted:

And a short part 2:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733099