Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I dunno I could see Lesnar keeping Hunt on the ground for 3 rounds but unable to finish him. Stipe had to land like 400 strikes on Mark Hunt on the ground to get a TKO stoppage and even then Hunt was mostly just exhausted from saturated fats clogging his system more than Stipe's punches.

The only fight I'm pretty sure isn't going the distance is Cain vs Browne. But every other fight on the main card would not be surprising if they went to a decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i hope that after all the fights go to a decision they let a bunch of people jump mayhem again

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Idea to raise money for UFC: beat up Jason "Mayhem" Miller repeatedly.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Holy poo poo, block lesnar is returning to the UFC?

Why? Did he suddenly get the urge to fight again or is he just back for some cash, is there an interview somewhere of him saying stuff because I totally missed this train

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Here's Tim Kennedy in an Alex Jones video in case you didn't hate him already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0xfTpAz9Q

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Holy poo poo, block lesnar is returning to the UFC?

Why? Did he suddenly get the urge to fight again or is he just back for some cash, is there an interview somewhere of him saying stuff because I totally missed this train

gotta pass the time somehow

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Here's Tim Kennedy in an Alex Jones video in case you didn't hate him already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0xfTpAz9Q

Thank God Tim Kennedy is here to punch some Muslims in the mouth.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it took some time, but finally someone on the alex jones radio show came out against muslims

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
2:20 - Kennedy looks down at notes. Forgets how to speak English. Internally panics.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I guess Canada doesn't need GSP anymore. http://twitter.com/EliasTheodorou/status/741753820326301696/photo/1

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Weed is legal up north? Huh.

Have any work out videos surfaced of Brock yet. I know he is a physical beast but I wonder how his sparring looks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Captain Log posted:

Weed is legal up north? Huh.

Have any work out videos surfaced of Brock yet. I know he is a physical beast but I wonder how his sparring looks.

In his recent interview with paul heyman it seemed like he hadn't even started his camp yet.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Mr. Nice! posted:

In his recent interview with paul heyman it seemed like he hadn't even started his camp yet.

I wonder how long its been since he shot a takedown against a resistant opponent. I can't wait for Hunt to knock his lips off.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, Reebok keep loving up their UFC kits its hilarious. Especially because when Schaub pointed it out he got scolded by Dana.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rockhold's dad died today? rough week for him

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I think Brock Lesnar is the only millionaire in the world who in the prime of their career went "You know what? I wanna move to Saskatchewan."

I wonder what the appeal is. He hates our health care, and I feel like there's similar bumfuck midwest towns you can hide in in the US. Is the hunting just thaaaat good? I'm having a hard time imaging that it's that different from what you can find in the US.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

I think Brock Lesnar is the only millionaire in the world who in the prime of their career went "You know what? I wanna move to Saskatchewan."

I wonder what the appeal is. He hates our health care, and I feel like there's similar bumfuck midwest towns you can hide in in the US. Is the hunting just thaaaat good? I'm having a hard time imaging that it's that different from what you can find in the US.

Saskatchewan has 1 million people and is 1.5x as big as California. Think how big of a ranch you could have.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah, I did some quick googling and apparently the guy's straight up just wanting to farm these days, I'd guess there's cheap land. Still can't imagine it being too much different than farming in Montana or something though. Some old message board mentioned something about him first coming up to visit his brother who's a farmer in the region so maybe it's a family thing. It's all cool though, I'm sure the province is happy to have him, it ain't a bad endorsement.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 11, 2016

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
if I was brock lesnar I too would live on 10,000 acres out in the middle of nowhere and make a man drive 40 minutes to the nearest telephone to tell Dana White & Vince McMahon that they're loving retards. That's an excellent life.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Chael says Jacare is gonna get offered the next shot because they need a Brazilian champion

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Skip My Posts posted:

Chael says Jacare is gonna get offered the next shot because they need a Brazilian champion

I guess RDA is not a Brazilian champion?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pwny_Xpress posted:

lol yeah i guess he meant more Brazilian champions?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked when Jacaré hugged Bisping after the fight because I assume he was checking to see if he'd need to adjust the belt

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Pwny_Xpress posted:

UFC probably knows the results of his most recent PED test

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Man, it is not Rockhold's week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGhOvAeisE2/

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skip My Posts posted:

He said it in the manner of setting up more Brazilians to get title opportunities at the moment. Jacare being a notable one for the MW division and maybe Maia if he keeps winning. Glover too potentially if DC beats Jones, if Jones wins I doubt he'd get a shot given the one sided loss he suffered.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

attackmole posted:

Health care for Brock Lesnar involves taking him out back and shooting him or a private jet. I don't think he has to worry to much about what rating a local GP has on the boards.

Brock Lesnar is a person built to shoot. Hunt is my height, plus 100 pounds of weight, and knocks out champions for a living. This match is as beautifully rock paper scissors in how it goes down as it gets. It won't be some "for the ages" type deal. It's just going to be Bing, Bang, Boom.

I like the heavyweight division with Lesnar in it. But man Hunto is a tall cup of gently caress you to drink on your first time back.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

if I was brock lesnar I too would live on 10,000 acres out in the middle of nowhere and make a man drive 40 minutes to the nearest telephone to tell Dana White & Vince McMahon that they're loving retards. That's an excellent life.

Not sure if this is still true, but in a training video he said he has no internet access in his house and doesn't own a cell phone (although his wife does).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I bet he is just a peach of a person to be around.

:You can write that in your little book:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Unfunny Poster posted:

Man, Reebok keep loving up their UFC kits its hilarious. Especially because when Schaub pointed it out he got scolded by Dana.

This isn't a gently caress up. Lesnar is also apparently going to be billed as fighting out of Saskatchewan.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Le Saboteur posted:

This isn't a gently caress up. Lesnar is also apparently going to be billed as fighting out of Saskatchewan.

:cripes:

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

attackmole posted:

Yeah, I did some quick googling and apparently the guy's straight up just wanting to farm these days, I'd guess there's cheap land. Still can't imagine it being too much different than farming in Montana or something though. Some old message board mentioned something about him first coming up to visit his brother who's a farmer in the region so maybe it's a family thing. It's all cool though, I'm sure the province is happy to have him, it ain't a bad endorsement.

So I went and did some quick googling, really not that interested in Brock Lesnar the handsome thickly muscled WWE star, and even though I spent no time on it here's a bunch of details about his love of seasonal crop rotation

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Wasn't one of the things he asked Dana for when he first started fighting was for Dana to buy him a $250K combine for his farm?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Brock Lesnar is cool.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I'm not sure why people are surprised that a guy who grew up farming and now is rich as gently caress does farming as a hobby. Also not sure why people are surprised a rich, middle aged outdoorsy type spends his time outdoors instead of worrying about who said what on twitter.

Both Brock and Mark are rich guys with probably pretty good families. The one that is surprising for is Mark, not Brock, and good for him on becoming that success.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Biodome posted:

Wasn't one of the things he asked Dana for when he first started fighting was for Dana to buy him a $250K combine for his farm?

I heard that too, when he first signed he asked for a tractor. Dana said yes without knowing how incredibly expensive they are. Could be bullshit because I can't find any reference to it online and you'd think that some prime Dana ownage like that would have a lot of people lol'ing about it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

They'd have to make it the super-heavyweight championship and let them both roll in at like 285 to do that, which is apparently a bridge too far for even Dana White.

Are you really saying you don't want UFC to sign minowaman and have a second super hluk tournament

Also, Rory vs Thompson disappeared from UFC.com for me. Is it still happening or did I miss something?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah it's still going on after a quick Google search.

Could be some fuckery going on with the website.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
UFC's website, and Fight Pass in particular, are garbage and stuff like that happens near constantly.

Thompson vs Wonderboy is still up on the pick' em section. A lot of people seem intent on Wonderboy winning by KO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Luke Rockhold's dad's last memory of his son is of him getting physically and verbally owned by Michael Bisping. What a way to go.

• Locked thread