Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Wheany posted:

Am I the only one who can't see these images?

i have the same problem with [url]https://[/url]. Try just [url]http://[/url]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah, I don't really see how their doing Old Man Logan considering the comics Villains. I mean I guess it will be a adaptation sort of like how X-Men : Apocalypse is a adaptation of Catcher in the Rye.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Tinypic does not use https, so if you are smart and using https on this site you will not see tinypic pictures.

The point is you should switch to a real image host.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Runor says Sharon Stone may play Hank Pyms wife.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Gatts posted:

Runor says Sharon Stone may play Hank Pyms wife.

Stone mentioned that all she'll say is her character is something to do with 'fire'.

However, has she been actually confirmed for Marvel? I thought it was just said she was going to be in a Superhero movie and everyone assumed it was Ant-Man.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fire doesn't have anything to do with Janet though.

Also, Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 are going to have footage shown at Comic-Con, so hopefully that leaks about 4 seconds afterwards.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

Stone mentioned that all she'll say is her character is something to do with 'fire'.

However, has she been actually confirmed for Marvel? I thought it was just said she was going to be in a Superhero movie and everyone assumed it was Ant-Man.

I saw one site speculating that it's Abigail Brand.

Edit:
With Wolverine 3 being R rated, I hope we see another scene like in Underworld 4 where a teenage girl rips out the bad guy's spine.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 11, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What am I missing about those cropped shots? From my perspective its like someone is pressing the zoom button on the remote, cutting off the top and the bottom, which is exactly what I wouldn't want. Why would I want to see less of the screen? Everyone's saying the cropped version of that Black Widow gif is somehow better? It's the same thing from my perspective. Is it just people associating black bars at the top and bottom of the screen as being 'cinematic'? First thing I did when I got a wide-screen TV was make sure I never had to look at those loving black bars ever again.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 12, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's nothing going on in that opened space.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

CelticPredator posted:

There's nothing going on in that opened space.

I'm just imagining an alternate world where we got the cropped version, and they released a special edition version without the cropped shots, and people would buy that. "See more of the movie!" type thing. I don't see most people going out of their way to buy a special edition with cropped shots. In fact I'm having trouble comprehending why those cropped ones are "so much better" so please pardon my ignorance. I would actually like to learn a thing here.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm just imagining an alternate world where we got the cropped version, and they released a special edition version without the cropped shots, and people would buy that. "See more of the movie!" type thing. I don't see most people going out of their way to buy a special edition with cropped shots. In fact I'm having trouble comprehending why those cropped ones are "so much better" so please pardon my ignorance. I would actually like to learn a thing here.

If it is big empty space that serves no purpose, it shouldn't be there.

Everything should have a purpose. Leaving big empty space is lazy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

Her cameo is in Guardians of the Galaxy. She's likely going to be Nikki.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://youtu.be/9SnGNA2T6sM

I love they took inspiration from MoS for Superman's special move.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

From my perspective its like someone is pressing the zoom button on the remote, cutting off the top and the bottom, which is exactly what I wouldn't want. Why would I want to see less of the screen?

16:9 is no less arbitrary? People said the same when 4:3 fell out of fashion? My parents used to complain about letterboxed VHS.

I definitely prefer the wider composition. Those shots look instantly better and I wish they'd stuck to that theatrically.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

What am I missing about those cropped shots?

it's a combination of things

In this shot the excessive head space, the cops in the forefront and Caps dorky costume make him look like a 10 year old on Halloween.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I hope James Wan watches this trailer.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

The MSJ posted:

I hope James Wan watches this trailer.

Alternatively, I hope he really takes the deliberate blandness of Aquaman's "out-takes from a James Cameron IMAX doc" cameo in Batman v Superman to heart to craft something basically like The Abyss, but from the perspective of the sea-alien.

For real, they should go full The Day the Earth Stood Still with the climax, too.

edit: If he basically goes about making it like one of his recent ghost movies, he'll do a much better job than if he tries to, like, go all Fast & Furious logic with the script. Nobody buys the silver age image of the sea as just this place of infinite blue clarity where cape-men swim around in, like, enhanced scuba soots or whatever. Everyone now basically realizes the sea is a dark, threatening abyss much like 'outer space.' Just play up that angle.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 12, 2016

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

K. Waste posted:

Alternatively, I hope he really takes the deliberate blandness of Aquaman's "out-takes from a James Cameron IMAX doc" cameo in Batman v Superman to heart to craft something basically like The Abyss, but from the perspective of the sea-alien.

For real, they should go full The Day the Earth Stood Still with the climax, too.

edit: If he basically goes about making it like one of his recent ghost movies, he'll do a much better job than if he tries to, like, go all Fast & Furious logic with the script. Nobody buys the silver age image of the sea as just this place of infinite blue clarity where cape-men swim around in, like, enhanced scuba soots or whatever. Everyone now basically realizes the sea is a dark, threatening abyss much like 'outer space.' Just play up that angle.

It is also full of trash, poison and we are killing and/or eating everything in it.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It is also full of trash, poison and we are killing and/or eating everything in it.

hence, The Day the Earth Stood Still

I want Mimosa - as he has been appropriately, affectionately dubbed - to literally just do Claude Rains' speech, but with climate change metaphors instead of Atom Age ones.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

K. Waste posted:

I want Mimosa - as he has been appropriately, affectionately dubbed -
By who?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

By me, I guess.

I really hope it makes Armond White blow his load again. Even Wonder Woman is shaping up to be some serious beefcake.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wild card, Aquaman should take inspiration from Ecco The Dolphin.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

K. Waste posted:

By me, I guess.
It's some barely-not-sub-Shyamalamadingdong crap, please don't.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

TetsuoTW posted:

It's some barely-not-sub-Shyamalamadingdong crap, please don't.

I'm pretty sure Jason Momoa would tell me to let my freak flag fly, not to get hung up on whatever it is you're hung up on.

Get on the love train, dog, you're getting your gay panic all over me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wild card, Aquaman should take inspiration from Ecco The Dolphin.

Colorful underwater scenery that reveals Giger horrors towards the end?

I would love it if Wan goes all Refn-neon with the bio-luminescent ocean critters.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I just want to quote this again because I realised that Atrocitus is being accompanied by his partner Dex-starr the Red Lantern cat.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

K. Waste posted:

I'm pretty sure Jason Momoa would tell me to let my freak flag fly, not to get hung up on whatever it is you're hung up on.

Get on the love train, dog, you're getting your gay panic all over me.
It's unfunny hack bullshit primarily.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

TetsuoTW posted:

It's unfunny hack bullshit primarily.

If I could find that loving image of Jason Momoa literally on a beach enjoying a mimosa, I could post it just so I could wordlessly communicate to you what a buzz-kill you're being.

This "hack bullshit" is not a television show made for your amusement - I'm sorry if you don't find drooling over hunks to be funny and can't empathize with drooling over hunks.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

K. Waste posted:

If I could find that loving image of Jason Momoa literally on a beach enjoying a mimosa, I could post it just so I could wordlessly communicate to you what a buzz-kill you're being.

This "hack bullshit" is not a television show made for your amusement - I'm sorry if you don't find drooling over hunks to be funny and can't empathize with drooling over hunks.

He said nothing about drooling over hunks. He just made fun of a stupid nickname that you made up. These are not the same thing.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

The edges of the frame are a part of the composition. So, in your attempt to 'see more of the movie', you are actually removing parts of the image. Those two horizontal lines.

In the Scarjo image, those horizontal lines accentuate the length of the rifle, the confining barrier in the background, and the ironic humanitarian taxicab ad.

Without the proper aspect ratio, these compositional elements are scattered semi-randomly inside an expansive square.

In other words, the bars are there to disguise the ugly edges of the set, and minimize the amount of obviously-greenscreened backdrop.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 12, 2016

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

MrJacobs posted:

He said nothing about drooling over hunks. He just made fun of a stupid nickname that you made up. These are not the same thing.

It's, like, the two are actually connected, because all I'm actually doing is drooling over the match made in heaven between John Carpenter-loving James Wan and his potential Starman. "Hack comedy bullshit" is a weird place to come at that from, but Mimosa willing I won't succumb to such cynicism.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is this what they want when they say Shalamalongadingdong

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

K. Waste posted:

It's, like, the two are actually connected, because all I'm actually doing is drooling over the match made in heaven between John Carpenter-loving James Wan and his potential Starman. "Hack comedy bullshit" is a weird place to come at that from, but Mimosa willing I won't succumb to such cynicism.

What is Patrick Wilson? Chopped liver

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dude it's OK that Jason Momoa gives you a physical and emotional boner, he's a beautiful and cool man. Calling him Mimosa is the kind of low-effort attempt at comedy that even Bill Engvall would look down his nose at.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

TetsuoTW posted:

Dude it's OK that Jason Momoa gives you a physical and emotional boner, he's a beautiful and cool man. Calling him Mimosa is the kind of low-effort attempt at comedy that even Bill Engvall would look down his nose at.

I feel like even though it isn't that witty, it isn't so terrible as to be worth multiple posts pointing that out.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"Let's post a recent Instagram photo from Jason Momoa to add some weight to this discussion."

"Should I add an Aquaman pun? Nah, too obvious."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A manmosa.

No that was hack I'm sorry

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mierenneuker posted:

"Let's post a recent Instagram photo from Jason Momoa to add some weight to this discussion."

Look at all the nonsensical negative space. Here.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Hat Thoughts posted:

What is Patrick Wilson? Chopped liver

Completely different category. The real question is, "What drink would he be?"

Mierenneuker posted:

Truly a man of the people.

I can dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This thread makes Jason Momoa sad

• Locked thread