Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Real hurthling! posted:

why did the artist put a small hamburger in front of rog's mouth?

It's how the artist chose to visually communicate that Balrog is an American character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I wish Capcom would put a small hamburger in front of my mouth

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Ag Bengip posted:

I wish Capcom would put a small hamburger in front of my mouth

It'd take them four months to do it, and all you'd get to start is a piece of lettuce. Buns come out in November.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Crappy Jack posted:

It'd take them four months to do it, and all you'd get to start is a piece of lettuce. Buns come out in November.

Uh actually our American branch promised you buns in November because they're a bunch of lying shits. I think you'll find the main branch made no such promises.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
They hosed up Sean's face, too. The art style in this game is awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI69_odimgI
2:18

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Saint Freak posted:

Because Japan

Edit: Here's their crazy dumb huge version I guess.

The composition in this art is so hosed up. This cover makes Boxer look like the protagonist. He's the serious, but unwavering protagonist that's going to beat up Juri and her two generals, Alex and Urien. He will be helped by his friends Ryu and Ibuki and they are all mentored by/look up to Guile.

All you had to do to fix it is put ryu up front and Rog in guile's current spot.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

SFV Sean concept art

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The composition in this art is so hosed up. This cover makes Boxer look like the protagonist. He's the serious, but unwavering protagonist that's going to beat up Juri and her two generals, Alex and Urien. He will be helped by his friends Ryu and Ibuki and they are all mentored by/look up to Guile.

All you had to do to fix it is put ryu up front and Rog in guile's current spot.

Yeah, it's poo poo composition.

Also I get the feeling they're gonna give Juri that weird catsuit thing as her main costume and that makes me very upset.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Well, to be fair, they've kind of made Balrog a good guy in the last few iterations. :)

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Dude just wants his fight money, like the rest of us.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

counterpoint it has urien in it and he looks cool af

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why does Sean look like a whiter version of himself in Laura's story mode, but in the actual story mode he looks nothing like he does in either SF3 or Laura's story mode?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Probably because Capcom's art direction (and execution) are Not Good.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Why does Balrog look like he has a prolapsed anus for lips?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Night Blade posted:

What exactly do you think he needs all that fight money for?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Night Blade posted:

Japanese casual racism?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Baal posted:

Why does Sean look like a whiter version of himself in Laura's story mode, but in the actual story mode he looks nothing like he does in either SF3 or Laura's story mode?

the power of outsourcing every bit of this game to different companies

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

attackmole posted:

Japanese casual racism?

i thought this dude was actually just based on some really old mythlogical artwork and looking like a 1930's warner bros short was just a coincidence

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Crappy Jack posted:

lettuce? that's a garnish.

Odds are you'd get a half eaten piece of meat that is undercooked. then buns in november and if you paid 20 extra you can get some cheese and condiments eventually. You can only have 1 bite a week though.

dhamster posted:

SFV Sean concept art

Laughed too hard at this.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 11, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

Odds are you'd get a half eaten piece of meat that is undercooked. then buns in november and if you paid 20 extra you can get some cheese and condiments eventually. You can only have 1 bite a week though.

You get cancer for free with the first bite though.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Firstborn posted:

They hosed up Sean's face, too. The art style in this game is awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI69_odimgI
2:18

I'm the local gravity on his hair

Bo Jackson
Jul 23, 2013
I used to play SF4 and then got the Melee bug for a few years, but I'm determined to get back into the Street Fighter world. I hear the PC version is funky but hopefully I can at least get a feel for it there

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Baal posted:

Night Blade posted:

Corbeau posted:

because Capcom Not Good.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bo Jackson posted:

I used to play SF4 and then got the Melee bug for a few years, but I'm determined to get back into the Street Fighter world. I hear the PC version is funky but hopefully I can at least get a feel for it there

every version is funky, even if you like the gameplay

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
June update looking good,

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

attackmole posted:

Japanese casual racism?

No man, this isn't Mr. Popo levels... this... is to go even further beyond...

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Bo Jackson posted:

ahahaha.

I hope you haven't bought it yet.

SEriously, don't.

Save your money.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Microwaves Mom posted:

ahahaha.

I hope you haven't bought it yet.

SEriously, don't.

Save your money.

Ggxrd revelator

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bo Jackson posted:

The game itself is pretty fun. This thread is a bit overboard on the negative parts (which do exist).

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Goetta posted:

The game itself is pretty fun. This thread is a bit overboard on the negative parts (which do exist).

almost every 1v1 fast paced versus fighter is fun or can be fun. the problem is that the game is not good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm just saying that if you like Street Fighter the game is Street Fighter and it is pretty fun if you want to play online against people it has always worked well for me. If you want to play against the computer a bunch it sucks poo poo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can't even judge based on your own experiences with the netcode because it's so bad the effects are asymmetrical

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

It's great when you play somebody and it's super terrible for them and fine for you and then the next day you play them and its super terrible for you and fine for them, and then the next day its fine for both of you. Netcode roulette the most innovative minigame 5 stars capcom please unleash more of your fine Services upon me.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Goetta posted:

if you want to play online against people it has always worked well for me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Goetta posted:

I'm just saying that if you like Street Fighter the game is Street Fighter and it is pretty fun if you want to play online against people it has always worked well for me. If you want to play against the computer a bunch it sucks poo poo.

I like Street Fighter and don't like this game

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Goetta posted:

so fun i havent touched it in months.

Goetta posted:

I'm just saying that if you like Street Fighter the game is Street Fighter* and it is pretty fun if you want to play online against people it has always worked well for me. If you want to play against the computer a bunch it sucks poo poo.

sans story, sans decent online play, sans a majority of the characters, sans arcade mode, and with the bonus of horrid art.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Goetta posted:

this game has very few of the things that i enjoy about playing a street fighter game

mostly good gameplay

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ok jesus christ

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I like ferrets :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Goetta posted:

Ok jesus christ

We still love you, we just dont want people wasting 60 dollars on something that isn't worth even 20.

Capcom doesn't deserve money for this as it is.