Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

whitey delenda est posted:

There's a key difference with the power structures involved in the USA that you're not considering while you're being edgy though.

Oh gently caress off, a gay club got shot up and the majority of the conversation in here is instead about republicans and muslims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So the guy who was heading to the LA Pride Parade with an arsenal is a white guy if anyone was curious.

We need to dedicate more funds to mental health facilities.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sinteres posted:

It's okay when I do the exact same poo poo I criticize other people for doing because power structures. Muslims genuinely are at far greater risk that white people as a group of course. Nobody disputes that. But making an argument that you can do whatever you want because reasons isn't going to be very convincing to people at the receiving end of that when they want to respond in kind.

Find me a leftist arguing that we should expel all Christians and bomb Christian dominated countries and I'll condemn them just as much as conservatives saying those things about Muslims.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So the guy who was heading to the LA Pride Parade with an arsenal is a white guy if anyone was curious.

Phew. Just a lone wolf.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Surely if this stream garners enough YouTube downvotes, Obama will finally repent and ban and deport all Muslims, including himself.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Control Volume posted:

Oh gently caress off, a gay club got shot up and the majority of the conversation in here is instead about republicans and muslims

I'm honestly curious what you think the thread should be discussing instead?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sinteres posted:

It's okay when I do the exact same poo poo I criticize other people for doing because power structures. Muslims genuinely are at far greater risk that white people as a group of course. Nobody disputes that. But making an argument that you can do whatever you want because reasons isn't going to be very convincing to people at the receiving end of that when they want to respond in kind.

I'm not making that argument, however, thank you for editing further nuance into your response because I agree with you.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Obama to speak in about a minute.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sir Tonk posted:

Mental Health care is irrelevant if the person has easy access to weapons and doesn't want treatment.

As a mental health worker we are terrible at predictable which people are going to commit high risk actions.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Teddybear posted:

I've been seeing that the 'explosives' in the guy's car in LA were tannerite, which is what you commonly use in long-range firearm targets. Not to downplay it, but I think saying "explosives" overstates the situation a bit.

Kind of. It's a serviceable explosive though, it just requires a slightly more complicated trigger. Us gunlords have been expecting it to be banned for a while now, because it is pretty dangerous and you can just order it online. So get it while you can.

And don't blow your leg off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6V0S1m5a7U

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

The punchline is that after saying this kind of thing the Republicans then go on to refuse to actually fund said facilities.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Joementum posted:

Obama to speak in about a minute.

Stream is live with him speaking now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The punchline is that after saying this kind of thing the Republicans then go on to refuse to actually fund said facilities.

"Have we no prisons, no poor houses?"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm honestly curious what you think the thread should be discussing instead?

Maybe the culture of homophobia present in abrahamic religions in the US (muslim and christian, maybe jews but I'm not familiar enough to say), gun control because even though its a tired as gently caress argument its still relevant to this, or the factors in florida that lead to such a high level of shootings in that state and how to fix them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also they refuse to consider paranoid delusions of grandeur actually a mental health issue so long as you vote Republican too.

Anyone who thinks "Obama is coming for my guns" is too mentally ill to have them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh god he's not going to say the words 'Radical Islam', I guess we know what will be the talking point for the next week.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

ban all guns and religion

and republicans

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh god he's not going to say the words 'Radical Islam', I guess we know what will be the talking point for the next week.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742053354189299712

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Control Volume posted:

Maybe the culture of homophobia present in abrahamic religions in the US, gun control because even though its a tired as gently caress argument its still relevant to this, or the factors in florida that lead to such a high level of shootings in that state and how to fix them.

So we should be discussing Muslims and Republicans?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
"welp, I'd better resign." - President Obama, 12 June 2016

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

D1Sergo posted:

Conservatives are loving salivating right now and it's kind of pissing me off, I need to get off the internet :(

So the dude murdering 50 people didn't piss you off enough to get off the internet?

I mean if the guy who straight up slaughtered 50 people pisses you off less than Republicans trying to make hay out of this atrocity, you should have been just as pissed at Democrats for the inevitable hay they would have made out of a Trump supporter attacking this place on Latino Saturday (as somebody hopefully suggested was the case earlier in this very thread), right?

BEAR GRYLLZ fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 12, 2016

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

"Have we no prisons, no poor houses?"

Scrooge, struck by his own words, doubled down and called the Ghost of Christmas Present a communist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Control Volume posted:

Maybe the culture of homophobia present in abrahamic religions in the US (muslim and christian, maybe jews but I'm not familiar enough to say), gun control because even though its a tired as gently caress argument its still relevant to this, or the factors in florida that lead to such a high level of shootings in that state and how to fix them.

We've talked about all those actually, but I guess we didn't have enough "ALSO RELIGION IS INHERENTLY HOMOPHOBIC IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT" postscripts or something?

Also thanks for marking Jews as the good ones, we appreciate it, thank god there's not an issue like or orthodox sects being assholes too or whatever, we're not southern or brown enough to be as stupid as the other two chumps!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Control Volume posted:

make up your loving mind, you just said it was bad to talk about muslims, last i checked that's an abrahamic religion

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Obama: "To actively do nothing is a decision, as well."

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

We've talked about all those actually, but I guess we didn't have enough "ALSO RELIGION IS INHERENTLY HOMOPHOBIC IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT" postscripts or something?

Also thanks for marking Jews as the good ones, we appreciate it, thank god there's not an issue like or orthodox sects being assholes too or whatever, we're not southern or brown enough to be as stupid as the other two chumps!

It was special watching radical Imams and othodox Rabbi get together to protest the pride parade in Jerusalem. Really shows the power of hate to bring us all together.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
BHO is so loving tired of this poo poo. Say the totem words, throw up collective sigh, no questions.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I know right? remember the ultra-orthodox guy in israel who went to prison for stabbing gay people, got out after a few years, and then stabbed a bunch of gay people AGAIN at pride and this time a girl died?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Guess I should have clarified that "republicans and muslims" was referring to a single topic of republicans talking about muslims

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I mean, would it have been too much for him just to say Radical Islam just to cut off all the inevitable faux outrage over him not doing so? Honest question.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean, would it have been too much for him just to say Radical Islam just to cut off all the inevitable faux outrage over him not doing so? Honest question.

no, they'll just complain about something else. They've been doing this since 2008 with him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That was the old Obama. He's dead now.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I think we should probably talk about how straight people can't be trusted and should all be killed or expelled from the US.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Matt Drudge gonna Drudge.

EDIT: Save you some space why don't I.

Surprised he hasn't broken out the :siren::siren::siren: with all that red text.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 12, 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not only would it not matter, there is the same reason not to call it Radical Islam. When our leaders do that it strengthens terrorists and weakens our allies and ourself.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Dehumanize yourself and face to cynicism.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Snowman Crossing posted:

Kind of. It's a serviceable explosive though, it just requires a slightly more complicated trigger. Us gunlords have been expecting it to be banned for a while now, because it is pretty dangerous and you can just order it online. So get it while you can.

And don't blow your leg off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6V0S1m5a7U

what the gently caress

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sedge and Bee posted:

I think we should probably talk about how straight people can't be trusted and should all be killed or expelled from the US.

hosed up, if true.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

cheese eats mouse posted:

It's going to be (has) turned into a platform for Muslim bashing when the guy was just an rear end in a top hat.

Even after he pledged to ISIS somehow his religion is off limits to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Teddybear posted:

I've been seeing that the 'explosives' in the guy's car in LA were tannerite, which is what you commonly use in long-range firearm targets. Not to downplay it, but I think saying "explosives" overstates the situation a bit.

3 lbs of tannerite is enough to create shrapnel that can sever a limb at 30 yards range.

http://onlineathens.com/mobile/2016-03-23/walton-county-man-has-leg-severed-while-blowing-lawn-mower

• Locked thread