Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Envy are weirdos, nbk, kennys and apex should be loving monsters but theyre not at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Demostrs posted:

if envy picked up bodyy instead of devil maybe they could be a good team

i told strega back last year that bodyy was insane and deserved to be on a top 2 french team

Strega can we please get confirmation

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

Envy are weirdos, nbk, kennys and apex should be loving monsters but theyre not at the moment
It's not all bad. I haven't seen an AWP | Asiimov named "Magic Stick" with kennyS signatures and Titan stickers (always wielded by the worst and/or most annoying person in the server) in forever.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Somewhere out there an 8 year old is better than you at cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcRadrF9CmY

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
No I disagree

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
OpTic just qualified for the major. We COD now bois

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

g2 on tilt yet again, two awp purchase, rest have pistols

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

and it works out for them

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Either C9 or G2 are not going to the next major. :allears:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Alighieri posted:

g2 on tilt yet again, two awp purchase, rest have pistols

yessssssssssssssss

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bohemian Nights posted:

Somewhere out there an 8 year old is better than you at cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcRadrF9CmY

Haha that's adorable. The cutest little terrorist

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

shox aced c9 twice in one game now I think

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

that 2nd group lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
liquid actually have a really good chance of becoming legends again if those groups are correct

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

exethan posted:

liquid actually have a really good chance of becoming legends again if those groups are correct

they are, they just drafted.

edit: also rosters are locked and from the sound of it Liquid has an interesting roster.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Group 3 weakest group of all groups ever in anything

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/16176688/team-liquid-announce-signing-new-player-pimp

Liquid has s1mple for their next two tournaments and Pimp after that. good signing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/16176688/team-liquid-announce-signing-new-player-pimp

Liquid has s1mple for their next two tournaments and Pimp after that. good signing
Good pick-up. Pimp has the experience, isn't as toxic as s1mple, and speaks English very well. Now, I didn't expect that at all, but I'm still not disappointed.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

exethan posted:

jdm for koosta PLEASEEEEeee

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Pimp is a great pick-up, and a really nice and articulate guy as well.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Pimp has been known to rage like crazy what are you guys talking about

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

mcvey posted:

Yeah, not sure either. Memory of a gold fish I suppose.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I think he used to be pretty bad with that, but he's gotten better at controlling his anger.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

He's still a decent pickup, still nowhere near as toxic as simple and he has also been a "nice and articulate" person in the past, so idk

pimp got a whole lot less toxic whne he stopped being fat

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

real dilemma posted:

jdm for koosta PLEASEEEEeee

This actually just happened according to clg twitter

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Pimp is on a lovely Danish team because the good ones got tired of him being toxic lol.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Thom and the Heads posted:

This actually just happened according to clg twitter
Came here to post this.

Elige, Hiko, nitr0, s1mple/pimp, and jdm64

Liquid might be good again. :allears:

e: And CLG signed koosta, as expected.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 13, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Don't worry they'll still be NA

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
while this decision was made before hellraisers missed yet another major, i wonder why liquid didn't wait to see who would fail to qualify. pimp is a consistent player, but oskar is a consistently great player and would basically fill the same raw firepower s1mple did but with less toxicity

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yeah, oskar's insane and has been playing at a crazy level for 6 months. i remember olof praising him during one of his streams before HR picked him up

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Demostrs posted:

while this decision was made before hellraisers missed yet another major, i wonder why liquid didn't wait to see who would fail to qualify. pimp is a consistent player, but oskar is a consistently great player and would basically fill the same raw firepower s1mple did but with less toxicity

I think the rosters are locked already at this point so waiting would have screwed them

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Does oskar speak English well? I'm assuming so because HR is now a Slovak-Ukranian-Czech team and they have to communicate somehow, but I've never heard their comms so i'm genuinely curious.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Olofmeister is back in the game again. :toot:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

Does oskar speak English well? I'm assuming so because HR is now a Slovak-Ukranian-Czech team and they have to communicate somehow, but I've never heard their comms so i'm genuinely curious.

yes, he streams sometimes and he's easy to understand. I think a lot of the EU FPL guys speak good english because they need it to communicate

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

real dilemma posted:

I think the rosters are locked already at this point so waiting would have screwed them

doesn't matter, they can't play with pimp at the major anyway

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
question: if you could create a roster around niko and oskar on one team (since most agree they play far beyond their team's level), who would you put on it

i think i would put magisk and twist (lekro if twist still is obstinate about playing on a team without his friends) for sure, but the fifth eludes me. waylander? to1nou? lowel?

basically this team would be faze clan.black since faze clan is good again so that formula works

edit: i'm only considering players on non-top 10 teams since the realest answer would be getting like f0rest get_right and olof

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NiKo and oskar.

Just NiKo and oskar.

They could handle 2v5 matches.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Demostrs posted:

doesn't matter, they can't play with pimp at the major anyway

why can't they play with p1mp? who did he qualify with?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

why can't they play with p1mp? who did he qualify with?
I think it's because he played in the EU minor qualifier with SK.

A very stupid rule, but it's still there regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

I think it's because he played in the EU minor qualifier with SK.

A very stupid rule, but it's still there regardless.

gotcha, as much as I love s1mple and his impact plays I would have preferred to see the main line up and how they performed at the major.