Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

J_RBG posted:

The real mindfuck is that Mac is implying the Australian system is somehow lax
Maybe he was sponsored by their tourism board.

If their border control was a bunch of easily bribable drunks I might be inclined to visit.

Like:

nobodyssweetheart posted:

If they were immigrating to South Africa then we'd be in business.
:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Poppy Bush borrowed Junior's cap for this Blandsploitation slashfic.This thread again earns it's "GROSS" avatar

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

J_RBG posted:

The real mindfuck is that Mac is implying the Australian system is somehow lax

Mac claiming his title as "political cartoonist least interested in news"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mac's saving time, he doesn't even have to draw the swarthy hordes any more.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the collapse of BHS – BHS stores are to disappear from high streets after almost 90 years, with 11,000 workers losing their job after failed rescue talks on Thursday"

Observer:

"Ambition, thy name is Boris Johnson - Chris Riddell on the true aims of the former London mayor’s Brexit campaign"

Telegraph:

Japanese missing boy Yamato Tanooka found alive in Hokkaido

Sunday Telegraph:

Obituary: Muhammad Ali

Independent:

After Gillray.

Independent on Sunday:

The i paper:

Times:

All you need to know about the new £5 note

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on John Major, the Tories and the EU – The NHS would be as safe as a pet hamster in the presence of a hungry python if Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and Iain Duncan Smith rose to power following Brexit, Sir John Major has said"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Y'know, most of the time I prefer British cartoons to US ones, but I feel like shoehorning obituary topics like Ali into your This-Is-Politics-Cartoon for the day is really tacky and tasteless.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's warning about Brexit – Leaving the EU would detonate a bomb under the British economy, David Cameron has said as he joined with Labour, Lib Dem and Green politicians to argue that the leave campaign was being reckless with people’s futures"

Telegraph:

US bid to grow human organs for transplant inside pigs
https://twitter.com/BJennings90/status/739728381227499520

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON... human-pig embryos

Guardian Sport:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Redeye Flight posted:

Y'know, most of the time I prefer British cartoons to US ones, but I feel like shoehorning obituary topics like Ali into your This-Is-Politics-Cartoon for the day is really tacky and tasteless.

A Thing Happened is basically the law of the land over here.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

[Independent:

Brown steals Steve Bell's "___y relaunches" thing and makes it terrible.

Redeye Flight posted:

You'd rather have a million lazy "so and so at the gates of heaven" not-even-political cartoons that ignore/misrepresent the actual person?
Maybe M.Ali not casting as big a shadow over the UK may make these seem particularly trivial. They've done saccharine send-offs to their own peeps and they're lame.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 8, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'd like to see Mac's impression of what Jannah looks like.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tony Blair and the Chilcot report – Tony Blair is expected to defend his decision to join in the invasion of Iraq by asking his critics to think through the consequences for stability in the Middle East had Saddam Hussein been left in power"

Telegraph:

Hillary Clinton 'secures Democratic nomination' - AP

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON... Banksy's mural

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

I've honestly not seen anyone use "Benghazi" to attack Clinton outside of the US politoon thread. Is it ever mentioned in the papers here?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Its mentioned by people more than it is in the papers (because its not like there's any new news about it so what is there to write?)

However, and maybe this is because I talk mostly to wonks and election junkies, there seems to be more anger that the press brought the "caused by Muhammad video" lie and Obama used it against Romney in a debate than there is about whatever decisions Hillary Clinton had to make. Those folks would have found some other reason to hate her if Benghazi had not occurred.

As to my opinion on the Times and Indie cartoons? Not actually reflective of the state of the race. Especially not the Times one, as Obama has pretty much stayed out of the race even though Hillary's policies are pretty much identical to his own and Sanders' are not.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Niric posted:

I've honestly not seen anyone use "Benghazi" to attack Clinton outside of the US politoon thread. Is it ever mentioned in the papers here?

It's especially mystifying, because IIRC Sanders never brought up Benghazi and told people to shut up about the e-mails during the primaries.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tony Blair's attack on Jeremy Corbyn – Tony Blair has launched his strongest attack yet on Jeremy Corbyn, for condemning the war in Iraq but standing by while the Syrian people were barrel-bombed"

Telegraph:

MPs and campaigners call for diesel scrappage scheme amid concern about tax hike

Independent:

Times:

Harry Potter fans asked to keep secrets ahead of Cursed Child premiere

Mail:
Mac on... Registering to vote in the EU referendum

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Bonus: have a Brexit explaining strip from The Nib.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
[Cartoonist's note: keikaku means "plan"]

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I really, really like that swan drawing.

edit: But in a totally nonsexual way, of course. And also the Nib sucks, if that comic's laugh count is to be believed. Can't even get the assnose right.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 10, 2016

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Cliff Racer posted:

if that comic's laugh count is to be believed

Don't think it has the intent you ascribe to it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

What's with the double trigger?

Is it supposed to be a 'whichever way the referendum goes, Cam's hosed for proposing it to try and calm the skeptic side" thing?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

What's with the double trigger?

Is it supposed to be a 'whichever way the referendum goes, Cam's hosed for proposing it to try and calm the skeptic side" thing?

No, there's one trigger - the one in the middle. What you see to the left is the trigger guard, the ring starting from the piece of metal to the right of his thumb.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah poo poo, you're right. The way it's drawn looked a bit like a double trigger like old shotguns, with the rest of the guard covered by his hand. I thought there was a 'clever' metaphor in there.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus: have a Brexit explaining strip from The Nib.

The tiny pupils make them all look shocked. Shocked and terrified at being in this cartoon.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
Does anyone have the Guardian Sport strip about the Euros that ends with "I open my wallet, and it's full of blood" or something like that? I can't seem to find it on the website or the thread. Did I dream it or something?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sarah Wollaston quitting the leave campaign – Influential Tory backbencher reveals she is defecting and will vote for Britain to remain in the European Union"

Telegraph:

Start of Euro 2016.

Times:

Major and Blair say an EU exit could split the UK

Mail:
MAC ON... Euro 2016 football violence

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Disproportionation posted:

Does anyone have the Guardian Sport strip about the Euros that ends with "I open my wallet, and it's full of blood" or something like that? I can't seem to find it on the website or the thread. Did I dream it or something?
https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/508162250008326144

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I know it's pretty much always the case whenever there's a Rowson but the difference in detail and effort between his and the other works always stuns me.

Are those Major and Blair Krakens?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Dennis Skinner's pro-Brexit stance – The Beast of Bolsover and fellow backbencher John Mann have become the ninth and 10th Labour MPs to say they’ll vote out in EU referendum"

Telegraph:

The i paper:

Queen's 90th birthday is marked at Trooping the Colour parade

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Other Thread:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
loving Brussels making us put labels on everything.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Overminty posted:

Are those Major and Blair Krakens?
I'm partial to the Jolly Michael Skull and Cross-Gove

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

loving Brussels making us put labels on everything.

:golfclap:

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
I see a parallel between Der TrumphenReich and Brexit:

TRUMP: Hey, those fat bloated pigs in Washington are loving US!!
BREXIT: Hey, those fat bloated pigs in Brussels are loving US!!
Refute my metaphor.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
1) you called him "Der TrumphenReich"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Michael Gove thinks of England…and himself - Chris Riddell on the private thoughts of the Brexit campaigner"

Sunday Telegraph:

RAF Flypast marks Queen's 90th

Independent:

After Peter Blake.

Independent on Sunday:

Euro 2016: 'Disgusted' Uefa charge Russia over fan violence

Sunday Times:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

First, yuck.

Second, who was this tactic supposed to appeal to? Granted, I get most of my news through comedy shows and cartoons, but isn't Tony Blair universally hated... and only days before an inquiry result reminding everyone how poo poo he is?
If anyone remembers John Major it isn't particularly favorably (the financial meltdown tied to Europe being the strike against him that wasn't everyone of his cabinet loving someone they shouldn't).

Hell, wheel out Gordon Brown and go for the hat trick.
I have no idea what camp Gordon Brown is in or care

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

nobodyssweetheart posted:

I have no idea what camp Gordon Brown is in or care

I guess "Brown does a speech on an issue and expects to be listened to by anyone" doesn't count as news anymore so I can see how you missed his contribution

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Angepain posted:

I guess "Brown does a speech on an issue and expects to be listened to by anyone" doesn't count as news anymore so I can see how you missed his contribution
That 20-years-out-of-office John Major has more newsworthiness than Brown is a particular kick in the teeth.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Angepain posted:

Or he was just waiting his turn: The Gordy relaunches Labour's Remain campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on violence at Euro 2016 – Against a backdrop of the EU referendum, violence in France at Euro 2016 escalated over the weekend, with Uefa launching an inquiry into the conduct of Russian supporters during Saturday’s England game"

Telegraph:

EU referendum: Cameron issues Brexit pensions warning

Independent:

Times:

Queen's birthday: Guests brave rain at Queen's picnic lunch