Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

my first real (6L) craft :3:

now to scour it and make it BETTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So the first map I've run this league (stupid probably un-salvageable first character) dropped an Oro's. Haven't yet done an Oro's Flicker build yet, so hello next character (even though I had a CoCS Inquisitor idea and got a Voll's yesterday...choices, choices). Anyway, I'm torn between Raider (Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of the Slaughter -> Rapid Assault -> Avatar of the Chase) and Slayer (Impact -> Bane of Legends -> Endless Hunger -> Brutal Fervor, although I don't know how much Impact would help in the grand scheme of things). Raider gives me more attack speed and another frenzy charge, Slayer leech and Culling Strike++.

Halp?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

never used this site before but i just saw this linked elsewhere https://www.chrono.gg/itad
$9
deer pet
siege firestorm
exiles essentials back attachment
bandana skin
acid weapon effect

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Bouquet posted:

Here, let me rephrase that so you can move on from explaining how I am a bad person:

Voidheart would be more interesting providing a chance to bleed/poison on hit plus some other benefit than it is providing a 100% chance.

Your posts would be more interesting if you did something aside from bitch about an item that's only going to be in a video game for 3 months.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Gibbo posted:

Your posts would be more interesting if you did something aside from bitch about an item that's only going to be in a video game for 3 months.
That would have been a pretty nice :iceburn: if:
a.) I hadn't stopped talking about it hours ago because it was pretty clear the most vocal opinion was that I was an idiot loser who should let my baby starve so I could play more PoE.
b.) You weren't the only person to respond the time before last that I said something in here.

Gibbo posted:

Bouquet posted:

Someone got a free (Act 1 Normal) rare and a free 20% armor quality boost from me because of this one. I still got the achievement for boosting something to 20% quality with a prophecy though.
I was on the receiving end of one of these. Was a little confused until now.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Bouquet posted:

That would have been a pretty nice :iceburn: if:
a.) I hadn't stopped talking about it hours ago because it was pretty clear the most vocal opinion was that I was an idiot loser who should let my baby starve so I could play more PoE.
b.) You weren't the only person to respond the time before last that I said something in here.

stop posting

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
why can't you guys just play the game and have fun, why do you have to be so loving weird

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Seriously, there's nothing wrong with having real world poo poo to do, guys. Stop posting about posters and talk about the game again.

So, how about them bladefall builds?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

killstealing posted:

why can't you guys just play the game and have fun, why do you have to be so loving weird

But how can they not get the last word in?

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

gently caress 'em. (Mine bladefall is still one of the most overpowered boss killing builds, if that's your thing)

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
I have 1000 hours in this game but I've never made an endgame/atziri farmer. Is there a standard easiest way to do it? I keep trying my own builds that get me to ~85 slowly and aren't very good. In the temp leagues, preferably HC.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with having real world poo poo to do, guys. Stop posting about posters and talk about the game again.

Real world poo poo to do is fine, but when you literally base your argument on "I don't want to respec after I have currency to buy an item because ?????? free respec points????", your argument is bad and wrong.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

is there a place that explains how exactly NeverSink's filter works? I was using the slick version, and when i moved over to the standard version a lot more stuff became available. I still don't understand why rings are almost the same color as uniques, and some other things.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Zotix posted:

is there a place that explains how exactly NeverSink's filter works? I was using the slick version, and when i moved over to the standard version a lot more stuff became available. I still don't understand why rings are almost the same color as uniques, and some other things.

Check his forum post, he goes through everything. Uniques should be orange/brown and rings are usually green/yellow for me.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zotix posted:

I still don't understand why rings are almost the same color as uniques,

They aren't.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
lovely way to find out you're color blind

panda clue
May 23, 2014

daily reminder that uber lab owns

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
1000 rampage streak done, i feel better now.

Actually, 24 achievements done and gently caress the monkey, i finished this league.

Might roll up some new retarded build, any suggestions?
Tried a wander but deleted him after using kinetic blast for an hour which was outdamaged by an unlinked blade vortex. Also im not into any CoC stuff.

e: Does EK work these days?
Im kinda interested in phys-to-chaos with dual obliterators and a lightbane, and i cant help but notice all those things ranger has for projectiles...

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Tried a wander but deleted him after using kinetic blast for an hour which was outdamaged by an unlinked blade vortex. Also im not into any CoC stuff.

Not to re-suggest KB, but how the hell did you make a wander that bad?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

How are you guys even running Uber Lab I got my first character to 80 and my second is halfway through 88 and I'm still missing 2 trials.

Also I logged off because after alching + chaosing all my yellow maps for pack size I'm down to only T7s so now I'm running T5/6s to try to get more maps.

Lektor
May 1, 2013
I joined global 820, and whispered anyone advertising trials, got them all in an evening or two

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Count Uvula posted:

Not to re-suggest KB, but how the hell did you make a wander that bad?

Likely by not playing him past normal.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah I didn't obliteration wand until I hit 62, and even then it felt pretty bad until I could fill out a few more passives.

Feels super good now, even with garbage jewelry.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Poison EQ sounds super good now with void heart. What kinda weapons do you guys roll with for poison EQ?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Bob NewSCART posted:

Poison EQ sounds super good now with void heart. What kinda weapons do you guys roll with for poison EQ?

Marohi seems to be popular.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Yeah I bought a 5L marohi erqi to poisonquake with, it's pretty good. If I ever get a helm with the reduced EQ duration though I'll probably look for a faster 2h weapon to use.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The guide I was reading had the guy using one handers with a shield. Maybe i need to find a different guide

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah I didn't obliteration wand until I hit 62, and even then it felt pretty bad until I could fill out a few more passives.

Feels super good now, even with garbage jewelry.

Think ill give it another try, elemental witch this time.
Dual Obliteration and LIghtbane, cause why the gently caress not.

I have something like this in mind:
(Should be around lvl 85ish)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...ZKNfQMeH0HUB9yN

Do golem effects even stack?
If i take 2 chaos golems, does that make it 80% increased chaos damage?
Do i get 6% phys reduction from each golem?

I know it could use more life, but then again, what build couldnt?
This also works as CI but then id need a spirit shield and that means i could dual wield oblits, and i kinda want to.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I know with 100% certainty that I'm not color blind and I've had rings and jewels show up nearly the unique color using the loot filter.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Well, ilevel 75+ rares shows up with a more orange color on the writing than rares, to show that those items can be used in regal recipe instead of chaos recipe, but I still have no idea how you could confuse them with unique items. Screenshot?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

The guide I was reading had the guy using one handers with a shield. Maybe i need to find a different guide

I recommend my guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864. Cheap to start, easy to play, and scales well for end-game play if you decide you like it and want to gear up.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

I recommend my guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864. Cheap to start, easy to play, and scales well for end-game play if you decide you like it and want to gear up.

Resource not found?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I basically followed Dela's Obliterator, except I skipped the Corruption Cluster in the top left of the tree. I went for as much life as possible, and even then I feel squishy because I don't have any actual defenses. Also, 2 golems of the same type don't stack. It's a bit of a PITA to keep both golems alive, tbh.

Zotix posted:

Resource not found?

Remove the full stop in the url

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bob NewSCART posted:

anything -> geofri's -> 4/5L marohi -> 6L rare/disfavor

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

I basically followed Dela's Obliterator, except I skipped the Corruption Cluster in the top left of the tree. I went for as much life as possible, and even then I feel squishy because I don't have any actual defenses. Also, 2 golems of the same type don't stack. It's a bit of a PITA to keep both golems alive, tbh.

Remove the full stop in the url

I usually put golems in cwdt setups since the buff scaling isnt too good.
Also i cant parse that into the offline planner and cant access the online page from here.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My experiment into making a crit binos shield charger has hit a wall. The moment I started to swap out my +phys damage jewelry/items the damage fell through the floor, even though the tooltip in some cases went up. It could be that I simply don't have enough damage on the tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...W_8xf4d_rr_3g==

I have roughly 65% crit with shield charge, 468% multiplier. I'm seriously thinking my issue is that I don't have a strong base to scale up with those stats.

Lektor
May 1, 2013
I also had great succes using a cauteriser between geofri's and Marohi.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Lektor posted:

I also had great succes using a cauteriser between geofri's and Marohi.

I give up. A what?

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Elerion posted:

I give up. A what?

A Cauteriser.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
So my last char died - it was a Molten Strike Duelist, who was stupid enough to go for the final Plaguemaw boss, without any Chaos Resistance. The new build which I'm playing is Assassin Crit Arc Miner. I'm sure that the damage is lower than Bladefall Miner, however, Arc has crazy range, so you drop your mines and monsters up to a screen away can die.

Just reached A2M, no bigger troubles so far, however, you really need 4 Ascendancy points - the Crit Chance coming from 6 or 7 Power Charges is a massive difference. Running 4-link Tremor Rod (which costs like a c) and I bought the usual resistance rings / etc. I guess that beside the Tremor Rod, the rest can be self-found.

I'm running a 4-link Stone Golem in my armour: Stone Golem - Minion Life - Minion Speed - Increased Area (will change Inc Area to Minion Resistance once I'll cross ~ 4.5k in life). Gems are ~12 level so far and I'm pleasantly surprised how tanky the golem is. Gives you enough time for i.e. Argus or Izaro to focus on the golem while you can fire mines from the distance.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Elerion posted:

I give up. A what?

Upgraded limbsplitter

• Locked thread