Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fixed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This thread makes Jason Momoa sad

Get Mel Gibson on the horn:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

It's some barely-not-sub-Shyamalamadingdong crap, please don't.

Nicknames are super common and nothing to get in a huff over. I mean SMg said "ScarJo" on the last page which is a nickname and you didn't call him out. "Shyamalamadingdong" is totally different because it is (borderline?) racist implying that his weird foreign name is hard to say.

Other nicknames you can take for a spin:

J-Law (a twist on J-Lo but for Jennifer Lawrence)

JoGo (Joseph Gordon Levitt of course)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Never heard of JoGo. I've heard JGL.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

JoGo's my personal invention, I thought I'd share with the thread to defuse all this tension

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Guy A. Person posted:

JoGo's my personal invention, I thought I'd share with the thread to defuse all this tension

False choice. I want the third option - Dynamic tension!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsPy4KBuDi0&t=25s

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I thought that JoGo and ScarJo movie had its charms, but that is mostly because of ToneD and that scene where he is singing along to that MaMaWah & The FyBun song in the car.

Peace out,
MierNü

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yaws posted:

it's a combination of things

In this shot the excessive head space, the cops in the forefront and Caps dorky costume make him look like a 10 year old on Halloween.

Marvel's The Avengers: The Musical

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Davros1 posted:

Sit down, Steve!
Sit down, Steve!
For God's sakes, Steve! Sit down!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The edges of the frame are a part of the composition. So, in your attempt to 'see more of the movie', you are actually removing parts of the image. Those two horizontal lines.

In the Scarjo image, those horizontal lines accentuate the length of the rifle, the confining barrier in the background, and the ironic humanitarian taxicab ad.

Without the proper aspect ratio, these compositional elements are scattered semi-randomly inside an expansive square.

In other words, the bars are there to disguise the ugly edges of the set, and minimize the amount of obviously-greenscreened backdrop.

I accept this explanation. Thank you for the education, SMG.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I really hope Aquaman serves my boy Louvomit better than Conan did, which would have seemed like a natural fit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wild card, Aquaman should take inspiration from Ecco The Dolphin.

Double Wild Card, the Aquaman movie from Entourage.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Davros1 posted:

Would unironically watch the hell out of that.

"Come on Tony! Let's get out of this place!
The portal is open and releasing aliens from space!"

*Bruce Banner enters stage right*

"Out from the sky they fall!"
"Looks like I'm not the only monster here after all!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

greatn posted:

Look at all the nonsensical negative space. Here.

Thanks, I couldn't make heads or tails of it before but now the action just pops.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sir Kodiak posted:

I really hope Aquaman serves my boy Louvomit better than Conan did, which would have seemed like a natural fit.

For a while there it looked like we were going to get a big budget Conan film at Warner Bros developed by the Wachowskis or even John Milius again but the people who own the rights to most of Robert E. Howard’s characters (Paradox Entertainment/Fredrik Malmberg) got sick of WB dragging their feet so they struck a new deal with Millennium Films with the proviso that they start filming within a year or pay an extra million for every year they hadn't started production. Warner kept the rights to all the scripts they'd developed up to that point so Millennium had to start from scratch and they rushed through a bunch of scripts and a bunch of rewrites but they also couldn't nail down a director for ages and the end result was a rushed mess that no one was happy with.

The film actually made less than either of the first two Conan films even though they were released in the 80s. Nice work Paradox/Malmberg, that "Push through production no matter what" plan worked out great!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The film actually made less than either of the first two Conan films even though they were released in the 80s.

Good, I felt that Conan - The New managed to be worse than Conan - The Destroyer. That is no small feat. Still made me feel bad for Momoa, I hope he gets to shine in Aquaman.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY1OJyaWBJ4&t=186s

would be a better ending imo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

For a while there it looked like we were going to get a big budget Conan film at Warner Bros developed by the Wachowskis or even John Milius again but the people who own the rights to most of Robert E. Howard’s characters (Paradox Entertainment/Fredrik Malmberg) got sick of WB dragging their feet so they struck a new deal with Millennium Films with the proviso that they start filming within a year or pay an extra million for every year they hadn't started production. Warner kept the rights to all the scripts they'd developed up to that point so Millennium had to start from scratch and they rushed through a bunch of scripts and a bunch of rewrites but they also couldn't nail down a director for ages and the end result was a rushed mess that no one was happy with.

The film actually made less than either of the first two Conan films even though they were released in the 80s. Nice work Paradox/Malmberg, that "Push through production no matter what" plan worked out great!

I've said it before, but the new Conan film felt like it was made by people whose only knowledge of Conan was from the low budget European rip offs of Conan from the mid eighties.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That's a fairly accurate accurate description of the first Conan movie, truth be told.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Conan the Barbarian is almost as good as The Last Temptation of Christ.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

K. Waste posted:

Conan the Barbarian is almost as good as The Last Temptation of Christ.

The TREE OF WOE was a bit blatant but it was also taken pretty much directly from "A Witch Shall Be Born", one of Howard's original novellas from way back in 1934

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More Wolverine pictures.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm sure that Old Man Logan is as bad as you guys are talking about, but I'm not worried because movie adaptations have historically been very different from the comics they're based on.

I mean it will still probably be bad, but not because of the original source materials badness. It will be new badness.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rough Lobster posted:

I'm sure that Old Man Logan is as bad as you guys are talking about, but I'm not worried because movie adaptations have historically been very different from the comics they're based on.

I mean it will still probably be bad, but not because of the original source materials badness. It will be new badness.

Well it won't have Wolverine killing Hulk's incestuous retard kids for a start but I guess we also won't be getting the scene where Wolverine escapes a Venom symbiote-infused T rex in the Spidermobile and that's a darn shame.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This movie where Old Wolverine is basically working security seems a lot better than whatever the comic was.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It'd be cool if that's a young Laura and the movie is about Logan finding what/who she is and trying to raise her to be not him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It'd be cool if that's a young Laura and the movie is about Logan finding what/who she is and trying to raise her to be not him.

Lone Wolverine and Cub.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This movie where Old Wolverine is basically working security seems a lot better than whatever the comic was.

The comic had a sequence of the Hulk literally eating Wolverine.

I'm not making GBS threads you in any way, shape or form.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh, I know, I read the comic. It ain't good.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
The comic is one where Wolverine murdered all the X-Men and hangs out with characters that currently belong the MCU so I have no idea what Fox would do with an adaptation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kurzon posted:

The comic is one where Wolverine murdered all the X-Men and hangs out with characters that currently belong the MCU so I have no idea what Fox would do with an adaptation.

Just make it where Wolvy has murdered all the MCU-Men and pals around with the XMen as a result.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Christ I hope that rumor about replacing Hulk with the Thing isn't true

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Oh, I know, I read the comic. It ain't good.

The shot of Red Skull's face on Mt. Rushmore was the highlight of the comic.

Put that in the movie and I'll be happy.

OML was mindless fun but I dunno what they could possibly do with a film adaptation.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The use of Mysterio was clever, Millar does really good splash pages and neat ideas but his writing is often just thoughtless and nonsensical.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I enjoyed Old Man Logan but thoroughly was prepared for the Millarism of it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Hey to get this back on topic here's a full list of changes from the Ultimate Edition:

http://dicapriyos.tumblr.com/post/145858657724/batman-v-superman

Some are rather surprising. And it does seem to make this a better-rounded movie.

Going to drop this here

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
When's Mysterio gonna be in a Spider-man movie...i just want 2 see mysterio

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hat Thoughts posted:

When's Mysterio gonna be in a Spider-man movie...i just want 2 see mysterio

No movie can do Mysterio justice like the Spider-Man 2 video game. Most epic boss battle ever.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

It was basically "Unforgiven: Wolverine".

"I'm not like that no more. I done changed my ways" until he is like that and has to adapt his old ways. Like murdering people for starters.

Though I love "Unforgiven", "Old Man Logan" was pretty bad and overall I did not like it even though it had it's moments and was occasionally clever. The art was good. Some of the more enticing parts of the story relied heavily on a lot properties that Marvel doesn't own the rights to so that's a big stumbling block right there as far as getting a film made. I guess they could switch some out for others but that certainly wouldn't improve what was already a pretty bad story with only a few interesting elements.

There were a lot of Avengers, FF and Spiderman references that really drove the story, so I'm not sure how they'd go about replacing those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

uh nevermind

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 13, 2016

• Locked thread