Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Papercut posted:

My first time playing Dva was in the random brawl last night, and she is super fun. The fact that you get two lives and you second life is super lethal was great. Just treat the mech as disposable to do some initial softening damage then go crazy with that pistol.

If you want to use Dva's pistol just play Mercy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's actually what I started to do and Mercy's now my most-played hero.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

T.G. Xarbala posted:

That's actually what I started to do and Mercy's now my most-played hero.

Baby D.VA is a gateway drug to Mercy?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yes

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Next time I play Mercy I'm only using her pistol.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Andrast posted:

If you want to use Dva's pistol just play Mercy

Oh I do that too, but it's not like her mech has zero utility. Do some damage, pop out, like 30 seconds later you get a new mech that acts like a huge self heal. She's fun.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Papercut posted:

Oh I do that too, but it's not like her mech has zero utility. Do some damage, pop out, like 30 seconds later you get a new mech that acts like a huge self heal. She's fun.

No but see she's poo poo tier so by playing her you're literally the reason your team lost. Just play Mccree or Widowmaker so I can stop reporting you to Blizz.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Papercut posted:

Not only this but since D.Va herself is made of paper and you get gunned down quite quickly, that second mech will save your rear end if you use it as a call in. I'm not sure if it will damage people but I've dropped one on Reaper's head quite a few times, just trying to save my rear end from his shotguns.

It's a nice little "oh poo poo" call-in if you're enjoying her pistol but end up almost dying instead.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

That only works if you don't kill her before she enters the mech. If there's a reaper next to her then he should buy all accounts be able to kill a suit less d. va before the mech comes down.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In a bit of irony, since D.va being somewhat underpowered is now common knowledge, it's easy to underestimate her. Obviously a Widow or a Soldier isn't really going to sweat the sight of that big dumb head hitbox (and when Widowing, it's usually a sign I'll have a free wallhack up soon) but I've had a few encounters with D.vas that went south very quickly when I was playing the objective as Winston.

I knew that D.va wasn't usually a threat to me in the classes I usually play, but as Winston I was very quickly reminded that he can't deal with shotguns very well and D.va has an autoshotgun that never needs to reload. Also he can't headshot and he does small per-tick damage--which, as has been established, doesn't do well vs armor.

It's weird that Winston is basically a better D.va in most contexts but a D.va is like bug repellent but for gorillas.

Runa fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 13, 2016

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

That only works if you don't kill her before she enters the mech. If there's a reaper next to her then he should buy all accounts be able to kill a suit less d. va before the mech comes down.

It's all about timing if you're the one playing as D.Va.

Last night alone I avoided death-by-reaper at least 4 times by calling in the mech to block his shots and gtfo of the kill zone.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In a bit of irony, since D.va being somewhat underpowered is now common knowledge, it's easy to underestimate her. Obviously a Widow or a Soldier isn't really going to sweat the sight of that big dumb head hitbox (and when Widowing, it's usually a sign I'll have a free wallhack up soon) but I've had a few encounters with D.vas that went south very quickly when I was playing the objective as Winston.

I knew that D.va wasn't usually a threat to me in the classes I usually play, but as Winston I was very quickly reminded that he can't deal with shotguns very well and D.va has an autoshotgun that never needs to reload. Also he can't headshot and he does small per-tick damage--which, as has been established, doesn't do well vs armor.

It's weird that Winston is basically a better D.va in most contexts but a D.va is like bug repellent but for gorillas.

plus dva is 80% armor, so you're only dealing 25 dps to her. you might actually be better off spamming melee

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I think I'm in my matchmaking downswing. I wind up getting mixed in against groups playing two Bastions, a Torb, a Rein and two other things I never saw because my team couldn't even leave spawn on Volskaya. I know it's unthinkable that our team of two Widows and a Genji couldn't push out but there you have it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It has begun.

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Woo, I got Scavenger D.Va.

Too bad I'm loving awful at her :smith:

E: And Young Hanzo, good day to get skins for heroes I don't play :smithicide:

TheVekter fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 13, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Prav posted:

plus dva is 80% armor, so you're only dealing 25 dps to her. you might actually be better off spamming melee

Hell, outside of KOTH I'm better off jumping away to disrupt a softer target or find a medkit and letting someone else deal with her. In KOTH she's usually got backup so I'll still w+m1 but I'm also going to weave in and out and try to put a pillar or something between me and her. Meleeing her still plays to her strengths since her autoshotgun is strongest at point-blank and her biggest weakness while shooting is her inability to run down people who are trying to escape.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

TheVekter posted:

Woo, I got Scavenger D.Va.

Too bad I'm loving awful at her :smith:

E: And Young Hanzo, good day to get skins for heroes I don't play :smithicide:

I got the widowmaker feathery one, but have 15 minutes total played time on her. I probably won't ever play her again, but when she shows up on my home screen as a background, she looks funky, so there's that.

E: I also got the same 3 Genji legendary skin, not quite in a row, but within one legendary skin of each other.

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DrSeRRoD posted:

I got the widowmaker feathery one, but have 15 minutes total played time on her. I probably won't ever play her again, but when she shows up on my home screen as a background, she looks funky, so there's that.

Would be nice to have a way to trash legendary skins for heroes you don't play for like 50 mony.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Hell, outside of KOTH I'm better off jumping away to disrupt a softer target or find a medkit and letting someone else deal with her.

well yes of course, winston is all about moving away from annoying enemies and onto to the soft squishy ones. hell even on a contested KOTH point i'd strongly consider doing something other than shooting dva.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Blizzard on Widowmaker Balance Changes:
"We originally balanced Widow around console controllers and didn't take professional FPS mouse players into consideration for her damage. So to fix this issue, you can now only select Windowmaker if you're using a hand-held controller. Widow will be greyed out from selection if a mouse and keyboard is detected."

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

Blizzard on Widowmaker Balance Changes:
"We originally balanced Widow around console controllers and didn't take professional FPS mouse players into consideration for her damage. So to fix this issue, you can now only select Windowmaker if you're using a hand-held controller. Widow will be greyed out from selection if a mouse and keyboard is detected."

i want to believe

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It's a problem when D.va would be vastly improved by just taping her tiny light gun to the mech and turning off the massive shotguns.

Because the Mechs Shotguns are bad. Very bad. Offensively bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fans posted:

It's a problem when D.va would be vastly improved by just taping her tiny light gun to the mech and turning off the massive shotguns.

Because the Mechs Shotguns are bad. Very bad. Offensively bad.

That would in fact make D.va really good

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i like d.va's guns for cleaning up after big fights

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yes, dva thrives in an environment where you don't need to deal very much damage

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i love saving a boost to run down that reaper warging right across the middle of the point scot free and thinking they escaped

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Zarya needs more cool energy 1st/3rd person visuals when she's at max energy, like purple static coming off her gun or a radiating corona, something to strike fear into people's hearts

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What's the speculation on Widow changes? Lower full charge damage, longer charge up time, unscoping between shots, lower assault rifle damage?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'd guess lower damage overall, which'd make Zenyatta playable again.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MacheteZombie posted:

What's the speculation on Widow changes? Lower full charge damage, longer charge up time, unscoping between shots, lower assault rifle damage?

no one knows and the internet is very stupid so speculation is about as useful as reading undigested tea leaves from my morning poo poo

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

Unscoping then rescoping is actually a moderately faster charge between shots if you're fast.

There are rumours going around about having penalties for missing shots.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
People seem to really underestimate D.Va's pistol. If they don't burn down your zero suit really quickly, you can get a lot of high-damage headshots off with it because it's so accurate. It's annoying that my favorite gun in the game comes from D.Va's secondary weakling form. I'd totally love it if they went the jet boots/personal barrier route with her. I feel like it could be overpowered to have a perfectly accurate zero-damage-falloff plasma gun in her mech form.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cephas posted:

People seem to really underestimate D.Va's pistol. If they don't burn down your zero suit really quickly, you can get a lot of high-damage headshots off with it because it's so accurate. It's annoying that my favorite gun in the game comes from D.Va's secondary weakling form. I'd totally love it if they went the jet boots/personal barrier route with her. I feel like it could be overpowered to have a perfectly accurate zero-damage-falloff plasma gun in her mech form.

Like I said before: if you like D.va's pistol play Mercy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Andrast posted:

Except people get real bitchy if they see a pistolero Mercy, and no one cares about anything DVa does

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Andrast posted:

What if you like flanking over barriers and don't want to have to wait for a teammate to do it for you?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xaris posted:

no one knows and the internet is very stupid so speculation is about as useful as reading undigested tea leaves from my morning poo poo

Well I ask here instead of reddit to at least have mildly filtered poo poo tea.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
pistol mercy charges ult slower than right click only mercy so rip

I wonder if they're going to address the issue where mercy's ult charges if she's powering up someone as they batter a reinhardt shield.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

Except people get real bitchy if they see a pistolero Mercy, and no one cares about anything DVa does

gently caress those guys, I'll shoot my amazing Mercy pistol if I want to

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Andrast posted:

gently caress those guys, I'll shoot my amazing Mercy pistol if I want to

Seriously, I've saved my tank more than once pistoling down an idiot dpser focusing on the tank instead of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fans posted:

I'd guess lower damage overall, which'd make Zenyatta playable again.

I'd be shocked if it's lower body shot damage, and I'd say that's not even an issue for her barring Zen specifically (and so they should tweak Zen for that). Her issue is quickly and safely dismantling teams from any distance, not dealing sudden bursts of damage which is what a sniper should be able to do, so it'll probably be something with increased charge time or forced reloading after shots/greatly increased ammo consumption. They probably won't touch her assault rifle, nor do they really need to