Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Any recommendations on garage wall storage/track systems? I don't immediately see a lot of reviews, nothing on sweethome that I could find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

uwaeve posted:

Any recommendations on garage wall storage/track systems? I don't immediately see a lot of reviews, nothing on sweethome that I could find.

Also interested in the answer to this. Was thinking of putting in some cheap wood / pressboard cabinets but I have no idea what I'm doing or what would work best.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I want bachelor cookware, like a pot that has a removable bowl and you only wash that bowl, plate/pan etc. I wonder if something like that exists. I guess it could be as simple as removable handles. Lazyware.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

colas posted:

I want bachelor cookware, like a pot that has a removable bowl and you only wash that bowl, plate/pan etc. I wonder if something like that exists. I guess it could be as simple as removable handles. Lazyware.

Lodge cast iron pans.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

1redflag posted:

Lodge cast iron pans.

I've got one, too heavy.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I'm looking for a clear or unobtrusive belt to wear with my jeans. I am between jeans sizes, which means I either buy the ones that are too loose, or I can't button them. I don't really like belts because the buckles are so obvious under my shirts (I tend to wear shirts that aren't supposed to be tucked in). I have this thing called the "Hip Hugger" that sort of works, but it's flimsy and the clips seem to tear at my belt loops.

Any suggestions? I've seen some clear plastic belts on Amazon (one called "Isabelt" and the other called "Invisibelt"), but the reviews vary wildly.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

colas posted:

Just do all 'boil in bag' backpacking style cooking.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

ZoeDomingo posted:

I'm looking for a clear or unobtrusive belt to wear with my jeans. I am between jeans sizes, which means I either buy the ones that are too loose, or I can't button them. I don't really like belts because the buckles are so obvious under my shirts (I tend to wear shirts that aren't supposed to be tucked in). I have this thing called the "Hip Hugger" that sort of works, but it's flimsy and the clips seem to tear at my belt loops.

Any suggestions? I've seen some clear plastic belts on Amazon (one called "Isabelt" and the other called "Invisibelt"), but the reviews vary wildly.

Seems strange for the pants size to jump so much, usually I can still button even a couple sizes too small. Are you getting inch sizes or SML? Maybe switch to a different brand.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Use thin line to tie two belt loops together on the side?

Or just gain/loose a little weight?

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is a cooking pot not also a bowl? You're overthinking this. Just put an oven mitt down to keep from burning your table or legs and have at it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

uwaeve posted:

Annual Prophet posted:

Also interested in the answer to this. Was thinking of putting in some cheap wood / pressboard cabinets but I have no idea what I'm doing or what would work best.

If money means nothing to you, the elfa stuff from container store is fantastic and incredibly easy to self-install (which saves a boatload, considering a 2-car with installation can exceed $1k a lot quicker than you'd hope). It also goes on sale often enough that if you can avoid it, don't pay full price.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Absolutely mindless and produces fantastic food.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Absolutely mindless and produces fantastic food.

Does it have a removable bowl? I think some rice cookers do. I wish I could get a rice that had it all nutrition-wise. Soylent rice.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

colas posted:

Does it have a removable bowl? I think some rice cookers do. I wish I could get a rice that had it all nutrition-wise. Soylent rice.

Just toss in veggies, some chicken pieces, a bit of a seasoning mix that you like, replace the water with chicken stock and bam, silent rice.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

taqueso posted:

silent rice.

...it usually is

I mean like rice enriched with life sustaining micro and macro nutrients. Complicated grains.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Yes it does. It's 6 quarts but if you're as lazy as you portray, you're just going to gorge on bachelor chow.

BrumDart
Oct 16, 2010
I'm inclined to agree, you're overthinking this. Rather than trying to find some cooker with a removable bowl, why not just look for a bowl made from a material that could be used on a stove top?

Something like this should be appropriate for minimum effort

colas
Feb 14, 2007

BrumDart posted:

I'm inclined to agree, you're overthinking this. Rather than trying to find some cooker with a removable bowl, why not just look for a bowl made from a material that could be used on a stove top?

Something like this should be appropriate for minimum effort

perfect!

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Kaizoku posted:

If money means nothing to you, the elfa stuff from container store is fantastic and incredibly easy to self-install (which saves a boatload, considering a 2-car with installation can exceed $1k a lot quicker than you'd hope). It also goes on sale often enough that if you can avoid it, don't pay full price.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

colas posted:

perfect!

I'm sorry but the mental image of a goon eating out of a dog bowl because (s)he is too lazy to clean a pot and a bowl is both sad and funny

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I'm sorry but the mental image of a goon eating out of a dog bowl because (s)he is too lazy to clean a pot and a bowl is both sad and funny

It's great that the opening is so large, I threw out all my forks and spoons and it is still really easy to use!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

There's nothing sad about water and dish soap $avings

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Eat off the floor like the loving animal you are and have no dishes #lifehacks

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SaltLick posted:

Eat off the floor like the loving animal you are and have no dishes #lifehacks

Remove floor, live in woods, free food is just walking around #primallife #frugal #cordcutter

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

colas posted:

Remove floor, live in woods, free food is just walking around #primallife #frugal #cordcutter

But where will I piss without a floor?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm looking for a decent security camera. There's been a rash of break-ins in my neighborhood recently, and I figure that's a good enough reason to get one.

I saw that the Nest security cam is on sale for $150 on Amazon right now, but I'd prefer one a little cheaper than that, unless the consensus is that anything cheaper than that is garbage.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

But where will I piss without a floor?

The whole world's a floor.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I need a good indoors mosquito solution, ASAP, I'm literally dying as I type from lack of sleep/blood.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Chinaman7000 posted:

I need a good indoors mosquito solution, ASAP, I'm literally dying as I type from lack of sleep/blood.

I use Raid Automatic Advanced and I don't care if it's poisoning me slowly, I can sleep.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I just put up a mosquito net over the bed. Works great.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I just squash each one between a pair of chopsticks. It is very cathartic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMjGfn3iXhs

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Figure out how they are getting in and fix it?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm looking for a decent security camera. There's been a rash of break-ins in my neighborhood recently, and I figure that's a good enough reason to get one.

I saw that the Nest security cam is on sale for $150 on Amazon right now, but I'd prefer one a little cheaper than that, unless the consensus is that anything cheaper than that is garbage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004...4BSL&ref=plSrch

I'd stick with these. They're a 1/3rd of the price and the picture is clear

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Ever clean your garbage disposal? Mine smells a little bit when it's turned on.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I usually run some lemon or orange peels through it with some hot water and that does the trick.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I use pixie blood but w/e you must be poor, lol

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

colas posted:

Ever clean your garbage disposal? Mine smells a little bit when it's turned on.

A full tray of ice and lemon slices. Pulse it until it's clean with cold water. The ice will sharpen the knives in the machine as well. Really, a handful of ice every week does a great job of keeping your disposal clean.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

mostlygray posted:

A full tray of ice and lemon slices. Pulse it until it's clean with cold water. The ice will sharpen the knives in the machine as well. Really, a handful of ice every week does a great job of keeping your disposal clean.

Jesus, it has knives in it? That's sick.

colas has a new favorite as of 12:39 on Jun 14, 2016

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Um, how does grinding up ice sharpen anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bongwizzard posted:

Um, how does grinding up ice sharpen anything?

Garbage disposal blades aren't like steak knives, they are meaty industrial chunks of metal. Running ice through helps polish, clean and "sharpen" them by making their job easier.