Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shadow puppet of a posted:

Sorry you got a glimpse into the horrific mental rolodex of actress-chat that came about from having a life lived before the internet and growing up watching first run TNG in the hopes of seeing babes in what was often the only venue available to do that in.

what happened to that hottie who spilled hot chocolate on Picard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Ladies, please, just get comically oversized circus tits and be done with it.

Surgeons perfect their entire careers around it. You can find one that will sculpt your tits that would make Aphrodite jealous.

Just leave your drat faces alone. It's never turned out good.

:nms::nms:

Christ please, just make your tits so big we don't look at your face, if you are that inclined.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

shadow puppet of a posted:

Sorry you got a glimpse into the horrific mental rolodex of actress-chat that came about from having a life lived before the internet and growing up watching first run TNG in the hopes of seeing babes in what was often the only venue available to do that in.

i actually shouldnt have been so hasty because i remember really enjoying her as a teenager, sorry sorry *bows*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

sidenote: lexx was good for that sort of thing

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Hector Beerlioz posted:

what happened to that hottie who spilled hot chocolate on Picard

Im having acid flashback or dejavu or some poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

psychokitty posted:

Im having acid flashback or dejavu or some poo poo

I'm sorry to hear this, be safe.

It was the first borg ep and I think she showed up in another episode

naem
May 29, 2011

Happily ever after made me feel like I'd slipped into an alternate dimension where the only difference was a new cast of married with children

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I support Nikki Cox's decisions. Have you ever seen a redhead over 40? They look like they're melting. I'd sooner watch my parents have sex than watch some grody redhead 40-something parading around.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

criscodisco posted:

I support Nikki Cox's decisions. Have you ever seen a redhead over 40? They look like they're melting. I'd sooner watch my parents have sex than watch some grody redhead 40-something parading around.

I need a visual aid, please.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Gillian Anderson is holding up pretty well.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RVWinkle posted:

Gillian Anderson is holding up pretty well.

:stare: Jesus Christ, yes

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

Also Maria Thayer is 40 according to the internet.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hard to like anyone that into water polo.
At first I thought they were actually being imaginative and trying to show that water polo was the dominant sport of the future, but later they clarified that only Archer was into it.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It was the first borg ep and I think she showed up in another episode
Supposedly they considered doing a story where Geordi falls in love with her and tries to get his eyes fixed. She ended up being an awkward newbie instead of a love interest and then just disappeared.

By the way the actress who played her also played the woman with three breasts in Total Recall.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

RVWinkle posted:

proof of a higher power

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

RVWinkle posted:

See Maitland Ward's snapchat for a hoe'd up version of exactly this.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

big black turnout posted:

It was rape M'ress. You raped Sulu. BREEP BREEP

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Yeah, that was a good joke

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

VectorSigma posted:

the tng explanation was tritanium bulkheads that cannot be melted by their current technology. of course, working it into usable shapes was no biggie.

ship bulkheads are built on atomic-scale, using shipyard-class industrial replicators to transport handfuls of tritanium atoms from mined ore to the exact crystal pattern required. in order to meet the staggering energy requirements, they do it in orbit so they can use solar energy far more efficiently.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

ship bulkheads are built on atomic-scale, using shipyard-class industrial replicators to transport handfuls of tritanium atoms from mined ore to the exact crystal pattern required. in order to meet the staggering energy requirements, they do it in orbit so they can use solar energy far more efficiently.

That's a lot of effort to turn around and let the ship's counselor drive it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

Right into an m-class planet :smug:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lord of Pie posted:

Hey now, she passed the murder geordi test.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Lord of Pie posted:

poo poo, most of the first season or two its a teenage boy who hasnt even been to the academy yet

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

poo poo, most of the first season or two its a teenage boy who hasnt even been to the academy yet

And yet he never crashed the ship into an entire planet.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

rocket_man38 posted:

They were going to do that, sort of:

"At the 2009 VegasCon, Coto suggested that two story arcs of the season would have been to show "origins of the Federation" and "whispers of the Romulan war". Consequently, the Romulans would be the major villains of the season, although other species may have appeared in the mini-arcs. [2]

Brannon Braga also noted that he and Rick Berman had considered making "Future Guy" a Romulan. [3]. However, later Braga claimed this was a red herring, and that the season would see future guy revealed as Archer himself, trying to influence his younger self to set right the timeline. [4] [5]"

the whole loving point of enterprise should have been the romulan war. there was tons of stuff from TOS's background to explore and they hated doing it so much that they got bored and bolted in TNG poo poo.

the gulf between voyager and anything watchable was a wide one indeed

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

VendaGoat posted:

it was just an observation that Picard, at least, was never too stingy with handing over the wheel to people that have no business there.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

it was just an observation that Picard, at least, was never too stingy with handing over the wheel to people that have no business there.

Sure

It's also an observation that the only time they handed the ship over to the counselor, she crashed it into a loving planet.

Even Ensign Ro wasn't that inept.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
In the grand scheme of things, planets are TINY for a space ship. Like, in a way it takes shitloads of skill to take a spaceship and slam it into a planet.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

VendaGoat posted:

Sure

It's also an observation that the only time they handed the ship over to the counselor, she crashed it into a loving planet.

And that stupid Remen ship.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

VendaGoat posted:

Sure

please, please do not read into any of what I have typed as defending Troi's honor.

I am

without honor

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

VendaGoat posted:

Presumably there's a light on the dashboard to tell you you're crashing into a planet. Only women ignore dashboard lights.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Was the pegasus warping into an asteroid riker's fault or am I misremembering my treks.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Heh! Get it? Get it?? PUSSYFOOTING? :shepicide:

"M'ress, I know I've voiced an attraction to anime catgirls, but your ratio of 'cat' to' girl' is just out of control. Your anime needs to be at least 25% higher, too."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Volcott posted:

Was the pegasus warping into an asteroid riker's fault or am I misremembering my treks.

No, it was some experimental cloak thing that did it. Riker was at fault for hiding it all from Picard when his old CO showed up.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

please, please do not read into any of what I have typed as defending Troi's honor.

I am

without honor

You post here. I knew this already.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Kiss my rear end, I love Voyager. I love Enterprise too, and I hate TOS.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nobody gives a poo poo what you think about anything except for what you think about DS9.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

criscodisco posted:

Gates McFadden is 67 now. Which means she was 45 in 1994 at the end of TNG.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lord of Pie posted:

when the enterprise travelled back in time in first contact they created an alternate timeline, as proved in enterprise when the borg turn up in antarctica, along with information that zephram cockring blogged all about it resulting in the Warp 5 Project such as it was

this massive fork in the fabric of spacetime created - in that resulting time line - a fracture in subspace called The Nexus, which reverberated throughout time and space, resulting, in the destruction of the enterprise d at the hands of a therapist and many other changes, often making things dumber, or more 'retarded', as they rippled out. the encounter with the borg is actually predestined, but only in the alternate (or 'retarded') timeline, which explains why the borg were there in the first place, sent only one cube, and suddenly had a queen, who was aboard that one cube

the nexus also mutated some mushrooms which became sporocystian supermen who then set up the caretaker array which threw the USS Voyager into the Delta Quadrant

the nexus eventually collided with the romulan star, which resulted in the creation of another time line where things are even more retarded

thus only the original series show and movies, TNG and DS9 are actually part of the prime universe, all other movies and series are actually describing alternate retarded universes that, being fiction, are not real

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Skeesix posted:

Gates McFadden is 67 now. Which means she was 45 in 1994 at the end of TNG.

Yeah and she had to get ouija board to get a good porking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Really they should just put a cloak on every ship and only switch them on when the Klingons start poo poo like in DS9.