Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Andarel posted:

Those are both reasonable nerfs, wonder how the competitive meta will respond.

A reasonable nerf would be removing Widowmaker from the game actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Andarel posted:

the bleeding-edge twitch types will still be able to destroy with widowmaker, but it will be toned back a bit and the average game with average-tier scrubs like me will have less of a pervasive instance of leveling up into a bracket where you will get thrashed by sniping.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Even though I think that Widow needs to be hit harder than that (increase her charge time and decrease her health), the absolutely necessary can't 1-or-2-tap half the characters in the game at full health game change is great, and I admire that they're making small changes instead of just wildly swinging the pendulum.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Zenyatta mains everywhere weeping in silent joy

now cut her health to 150 and take away her smg, tia

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andarel posted:

Blizzard's balance changes are usually very singular and simple, which for the most part end up being more rational than the "Widow killed me three times last game, nerf her into the ground" goon game design approach.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

now cut her health to 150 and take away her smg, tia from the game

:colbert:

Decent changes though.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

ColHannibal posted:

So apparently 6 genjis verses 6 Lucios on the Spartan pit level of ilios will never conclude.

Until some rear end in a top hat cheats and goes junk rat, but the bright side is the match will give you 9k XP.

I believe Overtime eventually times out and the match ends. The limit is about 20-22 minutes. That's a lot of xp, but I assume it went to the 3rd map.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Those patch notes are almost certainly fake

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
lots of widowmaker hate itt. les sans-culottes are revolting

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It still seems like McCree will do enough damage to flash-fan-roll-fan tanks to death. But better I guess.

Taking the 25 flashbang damage and armor into account, a single flash-fan will leave a Winston at 200 HP, which is enough for him to leap away. A Rein would have 210, enough for a charge. D.Va will have 220 left.

I heard that the stun only lasts for 4 of the 6 FTH shots, so a flash-and-fanned Zarya will have 195 HP left when the stun wears off, enough time to shield herself and get energy from the last two shots, but even if she doesn't, she's got 105 HP left at the end. That's better than it was before, certainly.

McCree can also still counter Genji because flash-fan where only 4 bullets hit will do 205 damage, so he won't be able to escape, like he could if the fan damage was any lower.

I guess there's not much else which can be done without removing the reload from roll or adding a cooldown to FTH.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Now people are bitching about people leaving matches after they're over? Jesus christ this thread sucks.

Well I find that annoying because so many times I only get to play half the map (either the offense or defense side) because usually the losing side leaves after the first round and the game drops because of a lack of players.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 14, 2016

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

Weeping with joy is not very Zenyatta but I am definitely experiencing increased levels of harmony and oneness with the iris because of these changes.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Those patch notes are almost certainly fake

hm, yes, blizzard is posting fake notes.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i invited every pub in my first solo queue last night to a group and we rolled as a six stack for like an hour. a little encouragement on the mic goes a long way

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's finally safe for the good zen orb boy to step outside again.

She'll just have to wait .3 seconds for the follow up shot to kill you now :v:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

kojei posted:

hm, yes, blizzard is posting fake notes.

Oh the misspellings and weird grammar are the result of google translate

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Bolow posted:

She'll just have to wait .3 seconds for the follow up shot to kill you now :v:

I thought that change was for McCree, or is that how fast her animation finishes as well?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

I thought that change was for McCree, or is that how fast her animation finishes as well?

It takes 1 second to fully charge a Widowmaker shot so she can pop off a 30%ish charge very quickly to knock the last 30hp off

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's still an opportunity for Zenyatta to dip behind cover and regen shields, which I will take over automatic instant death.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Ah, got it. Yea, definitely nice to be able to peek out of cover and quickly jump right back in after taking that huge gasp for air (which can be unsettling to hear sometimes). I'd still like them to look at his mobility a bit, but this is a nice little boost for peeking out to toss out an orb.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxdmvNEz7e0

So can anyone test out if Reaper can still teleport through the starting doors?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
are those patch notes just for the pc? I remember reading that will be balancing the pc and console separately.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Funny how they adjusted Widowmaker is a few different ways but it's barely going to affect the meta that most people will see. The only counter to a good Widow is still another better Widow, and Winston and D.Va are still going to be shredded when attempting to stop those good Widows.

Zenyatta will still be horrible and unfun when the enemy has a widowmaker, its just now you are constantly waiting in cover for your shield to come back instead of waiting for your respawn timer.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Zenyatta will still be horrible and unfun when the enemy has a widowmaker, its just now you are constantly waiting in cover for your shield to come back instead of waiting for your respawn timer.

waiting in cover and being alive, potentially healing, charging ult, and still being on the battlefield is infinitely better than being dead

zenyatta is going to be cool and good like he was meant to be

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Broseph Brostar posted:

Funny how they adjusted Widowmaker is a few different ways but it's barely going to affect the meta that most people will see. The only counter to a good Widow is still another better Widow, and Winston and D.Va are still going to be shredded when attempting to stop those good Widows.

The nerf to FTH means that Winston is now much safer getting into the backlines than he was before. The longer charge time and lower damage for bodyshots also means that a good Pharah can survive long enough to dislodge Widowmaker from her position, if not outright kill her. Some more adjustments might be needed, but I think they're a good start.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Broseph Brostar posted:

How about we see how the changes actually affect the meta before you get to the whole "sky is falling" doomsaying again?

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm really curious why you think a good Winston would die directly fighting a good Widowmaker. Maybe you haven't played him enough, because he will win that fight 99% of the time if you're any good. ape boy is very powerful and I love him

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lemonpieman posted:

I'm really curious why you think a good Winston would die directly fighting a good Widowmaker. Maybe you haven't played him enough, because he will win that fight 99% of the time if you're any good. ape boy is very powerful and I love him

Yell HARAMBE every time you jump, you'll play even better.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Kamikaze Raider posted:

How about we see how the changes actually affect the meta before you get to the whole "sky is falling" doomsaying again?

That's not how things work 'round here.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

zooted heh posted:

are those patch notes just for the pc? I remember reading that will be balancing the pc and console separately.

AFAIK it is just PC.

Good patch, McCree should still be deadly if he blows his cool downs but at least now he has to aim more. And making Widow more like TF2'S sniper means that she can't just machine gun bodyshots anymore

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
im glad the patch notes told mei players that they were stupid in setting up start of the match ice walls (thanks for the mercy ult charge mei)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 14, 2016

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zoness posted:

im glad the patch notes told mei players that they were stupid in setting up start of the match ice walls (thanks for the mercy ult charge mei)

I just hope the fix doesn't stop Symmetra from charging up her beam on an ice wall too.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Well I find that annoying because so many times I only get to play half the map (either the offense or defense side) because usually the losing side leaves after the first round and the game drops because of a lack of players.

Nah it's totally cool when half the team quits and you get to spend 2 minutes searching for a new game because people can't wait 30 seconds for the next round to begin.

They're not being selfish at all.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ddraig posted:

wait 30 seconds

Your whole day, GONE!!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh hey, just started updating.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Nah it's totally cool when half the team quits and you get to spend 2 minutes searching for a new game because people can't wait 30 seconds for the next round to begin.

you're being selfish for asking people to play a game they don't want to play

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Ddraig posted:

Yes, they are being selfish, over something so unbelievably trivial that no one who's not brain damaged would actually care.

Stop being brain damaged.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Macaluso posted:

Your whole day, GONE!!

It would be nice if I only had to wait 30 seconds, but alas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1mIMHyMd0

Those 2 minutes of menus are a really nice change from playing the game of Overwatch, a game which I happen to enjoy.

I sure hope those people who left found a nice game where there hopes and dreams were finally satisfied.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ddraig posted:

It would be nice if I only had to wait 30 seconds, but alas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1mIMHyMd0

Those 2 minutes of menus are a really nice change from playing the game of Overwatch, a game which I happen to enjoy.

I sure hope those people who left found a nice game where there hopes and dreams were finally satisfied.

Link your tumblr account.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's finally safe for the good zen orb boy to step outside again.

This is seriously one of the biggest buffs to Zen they could have made. Healing with him will still be annoying as hell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lemonpieman posted:

Winston is my top played, I know exactly what I'm talking about when I say Winston isn't an adequate counter against a good Widow.

A good Widow can headshot you the moment you're in LoS and then pepper you down with her smg. A good Widow will be sniping in a spot where its easy to drop down and rejoin her team.

To counter either of those strategies a good Winston can give up and play a different hero, because even with perfect positioning there's nothing special a Winston can do once he's in.