Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

juliuspringle posted:

When did the "electrodent" mask come out? I was given (and have been using) that one and I'm curious as to when it came out.

April Fool's 2015, I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Anyone got a picture of what the new E3 masks look like? The Humble Bundle up right now sucks and unless those masks are friggin fantastic I ain't paying $10 for a bunch of free-to-play game bullshit.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Dr Cheeto posted:

Anyone got a picture of what the new E3 masks look like? The Humble Bundle up right now sucks and unless those masks are friggin fantastic I ain't paying $10 for a bunch of free-to-play game bullshit.

That's where I am right now. Usually these bundles are a thing or two I have and a bunch of stuff I haven't heard of or don't care about. This is the first time I can think of where there are a couple things I have and a ton of poo poo I straight up want to avoid having.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

juliuspringle posted:

When did the "electrodent" mask come out? I was given (and have been using) that one and I'm curious as to when it came out.

Humble Mask Pack 3 that was part of the 2015 E3 ticket.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So I managed to install BLT and goonmod, now what do I do to activate Gage something-er-others so I can unlock weapon mods and whatnot? This is all new to me.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

So I managed to install BLT and goonmod, now what do I do to activate Gage something-er-others so I can unlock weapon mods and whatnot? This is all new to me.
Options > Mod Options > Goonmod > Modifications

Check: Inventory Extensions, Gage Mod Shop, Gage Coins.

Soral
May 30, 2009

0IPJM-N3NKM-0X2DX golden grin key

hit me up on steam if you want any of those coupons or keys for like eve and smite and warframe poo poo. the link is floating around this forum somewhere

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Soral posted:

0IPJM-N3NKM-0X2DX golden grin key

hit me up on steam if you want any of those coupons or keys for like eve and smite and warframe poo poo. the link is floating around this forum somewhere

SHOW US THE MASKS

Soral
May 30, 2009

they aint in the game yet

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

maswastaken posted:

Options > Mod Options > Goonmod > Modifications

Check: Inventory Extensions, Gage Mod Shop, Gage Coins.
Awesome thank you. Do I need any mods for this to work?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you have BLT and Goonmod, you're good to go. No other mods required.

(those menu options will not even show up if you don't have Goonmod, so you'll know)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psion posted:

If you have BLT and Goonmod, you're good to go. No other mods required.

(those menu options will not even show up if you don't have Goonmod, so you'll know)
Okay cool, thanks. I thought I read that it was goonmod that was the mod but I got worried because I can be an idiot sometimes.

edit: Funny I mention me being an idiot, here we go again:

Are there any DLC packs I need?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 14, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Goonmod is the mod. BLT is just the hook which lets the mod load. Goonmod has several modular sub-components (Gage Mod Shop is one) which may be part of the question here.

You don't need any DLC to run Goonmod so far as I know, but you should have all of it to join A$S. :colbert:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bort Bortles posted:

Are there any DLC packs I need?

DLC buying recommendation post here.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

NOTE: Buying the Deluxe Edition of Hotline Miami 2 ($19.99) gives you the Jacket character(protagonist of Hotline Miami 1), the melee-based Sociopath perk deck and another SMG and melee weapon. Owning any version of the game unlocks 6 additional masks. Jacket communicates entirely using a tape recorder, which is fun at first, but...Hotline Miami 2 remains divisive and less popular than the original, and relatively speaking it costs a lot to get. Not Recommended.

Oh my god we get it Vox you hate Hotline Miami, jesus.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Not only are you not saying that Hotline Miami 2 DE could get a big discount for direct sales or having regular HM2 and upgrading for cheap during the same sale, but your effort post is soon to be outdated again in two days, Vox. :colbert: I thought you studied law. You care about all the pointless details of a heist, but don't talk about the difference this one DLC has for getting it on the cheap?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 14, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

edit: Funny I mention me being an idiot, here we go again:

Make sure IPHLPAPI.dll is in the root of your Payday 2 directory, alongside the mods folder, which contains a bunch of system folders (base, downloads, logs, saves). Make sure the Goonmod folder is inside the mods folder, not in the root of your Payday 2 directory or any of those system folders.

If it's all working you should see the following on the main screen, because Goonmod hasn't been updated yet and is auto-disabled anyway:

(You can go to Options > Mods > Goonmod and force-enable it.)

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Skunkrocker posted:

:irony:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oh I meant necessary for Goonmod to work, thank you though because I will read that before I buy any when they go on sale :v:

Lemon-Lime posted:

Make sure IPHLPAPI.dll is in the root of your Payday 2 directory, alongside the mods folder, which contains a bunch of system folders (base, downloads, logs, saves). Make sure the Goonmod folder is inside the mods folder, not in the root of your Payday 2 directory or any of those system folders.

If it's all working you should see the following on the main screen, because Goonmod hasn't been updated yet and is auto-disabled anyway:

(You can go to Options > Mods > Goonmod and force-enable it.)
I am pretty sue I had the files in the right places but I'll double check this when I get home.. Thanks for the help.

I cant wait to not feel the need to play Four Stores on repeat to try to unlock some weapon mods.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Skunkrocker posted:

HotlineMiami2Hitboxes.gif

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
HLM2 is not a very good game IMHLMO

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hotline Miami 2 is definitely better when you re-play it, but hard mode is not worth the utter frustration, and that frustration peaks at Dead Ahead.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Hotline Miami 2 is good but not as good as the first game.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Day 1 of the Biker Packs: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/biker/

However it's nothing new. Just the trailer and some screenshots of said trailer.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Hotline Miami 2 is literally the worst thing humanity has ever conceived, including any and every genocide.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Oh my god, I hadn't played in a while until last night - dicked around with the new skills but didn't really settle on anything. I took the thread's advice regarding shotguns and life is now excellent. I walked into the end of the third day of Firestarter and even though I was in the map for maybe a minute I somehow managed to rack up more kills than the players who'd started the map loud.

Also, the sound of a silenced explosive shotgun is loving hilarious.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Hotline Miami 2's biggest flaw is that it's more like Hotline Miami: The Expansion Pack than an independent Hotline Miami 2: The Sequel. It's fine if you get into it right after finishing the first one like I did, but holy poo poo it does not work in any level as its own separate thing.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

watho posted:

Hotline Miami 2 is literally the worst thing humanity has ever conceived, including any and every genocide.

Even DeathVox.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

watho posted:

Much like your posts

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
So what's the silenced explosive dodge shotgun build/loadout? What do you run as a primary so it doesn't impact your concealment too much? Do you even have a deployable?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

Oh I meant necessary for Goonmod to work, thank you though because I will read that before I buy any when they go on sale :v:

This might be stating the obvious, but you'll need the Gage Courier DLC if you want to get Gage coins to buy weapon mods (you mentioned that was the big reason you grabbed Goonmod, right?).

At least I think so. Wilko could have changed it so that you can get coins without owning the DLC for all I know.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Lynx posted:

This might be stating the obvious, but you'll need the Gage Courier DLC if you want to get Gage coins to buy weapon mods (you mentioned that was the big reason you grabbed Goonmod, right?).

At least I think so. Wilko could have changed it so that you can get coins without owning the DLC for all I know.

I'm pretty sure Goonmod has never required the Gage Courier DLC but it definitely doesn't now. You should still get the courier DLC eventually though, it's really good.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Sykic posted:

Even DeathVox.

On one hand I didn't give Vox any money but on the other I don't have to play HLM2 ever again.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Much like your posts

:(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

bbcisdabomb posted:

I'm pretty sure Goonmod has never required the Gage Courier DLC but it definitely doesn't now. You should still get the courier DLC eventually though, it's really good.

Nah, you just needed to be able to pick up the packages off the ground which is part of the game now. The DLC just unlocks the ability to gain mods instead of just exp for picking them up. Glad they finally changed the Syndey trailer, we've kind of had two events since then that don't really need to advertise several week old content.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Day 1 of the Biker packs site is up, but contains absolutely no new information. It's pretty clear the trailer was released early in response to the leak.

Skunkrocker posted:

Skunkrocker, are you aware the post you're complaining about is from January? And specific to HM2?

Are you aware that ?

watho posted:

On one hand I didn't give Vox any money but on the other I don't have to play HLM2 ever again.

I promise I will never ever make you have to kite past a pair of cloakers in loud to get your weapons. I will have Bulldozer guards in stealth, though, without the stealth kill modifier. You (almost) can't kill them and keep things quiet! So far, there will be one in the Benevolent vault, and maybe one or two in the FWB vault.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Is anyone else having issues with Payday patching? The past four or five patches have all failed due to Disk Write Errors, that require me to go into the steam folders, delete the patch download, and restart steam to do it again.

None of the other twenty odd games I have on steam that have been downloaded or patched in the last week or two have had this issue. Its strictly Payday.

E; It always works on the 2nd download, just never the first. The gently caress overkill.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

watho posted:

Lemon-Lime posted:

So what's the silenced explosive dodge shotgun build/loadout? What do you run as a primary so it doesn't impact your concealment too much? Do you even have a deployable?

Primary: AA12 (Drum/Silenced Barrel/Concealment Boost/No sight/Pocket Laser). Swap for Saiga 12K if need be.
Secondary: Ideally something with high accuracy to deal with snipers. As much concealment as humanly possible.
Melee: Highest concealment possible.
Deployable: You won't need ammo bags, but you can take those to help the team. I prefer FAKs w/ Uppers aced.
Perk deck: Grinder or Anarchist depending on preference. Rogue also works, but I'm not a fan.
Throwable: Shurikens or Cards for ammo generation.
Skills: Required skills are all the dodge skills, all the silencer skills, all the concealment skills, and all the shotgun skills. I also use all the critical hit skills, but given their random nature, it would be fair to skip them.

Congrats, you've trivialized almost every combat encounter in the game. Some notes:

-Use your shotgun to completely stun lock dozers until the face is exposed, then finish them off with your sidearm. With Overkill Aced's swap speed buff (if you take it, it isn't strictly required), they will probably never have a chance to fight back.
-If your sidearm isn't high accuracy, snipers will be your bane. Teammates will need to compensate.
-Your hostages are hosed. Period.
-Be very aggressive with running right into crowds as you fire your shotgun. They'll have trouble shooting you since they'll be busy being flung into the air, and this aggression helps with ammo.
-If you skimp on the critical hit skills, cloakers are gonna need to be taken out with your sidearm as frag rounds don't stun them at all and don't them fast enough.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Congrats, you've trivialized almost every combat encounter in the game.

Cool, thanks!

Do you use a suit, or LBV?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 14, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The new E3 masks. The first one is actually an FFXII reference.

Also, Payday Crime War, a mobile game with suspiciously good graphics. Looks to be of the free to play head-to-head grindy variety. The main appeal is that you can play as the police- the details of gameplay aren't clear yet.

The devs are CMUNE, and it appears overkill is contracting with them to use an existing system they have for this sort of game. Very few details as of yet. I am, to put it mildly, suspicious of how the control scheme will work.

edit: You may want to not equip the new E3 masks ingame. A bunch of reports are coming in that they're flagging folks as cheaters, due to a problem on steam's verification side of things.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Cool, thanks!

Do you use a suit, or LBV?

I prefer suit for maximum speed. If you aren't sprinting around at all times cackling like a Demoman, you aren't playing correctly. That being said, LBV is likely a safer choice on Death Wish.