Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

IPCRESS posted:

so... I should re-install this game and stop playing overwatch every moment of videogame time?

Yes, and don't forget to bring money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
TOS Ship stats

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10015203-star-trek-online%3A-23rd-century-ship-stats

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

These aren't the stats you're looking for. *waves hand* Move along.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Mentally ill pubbie posted:

see wutcha gotsta understand about the dental bros is dat dey got a public persona and a private persona.

in de public persona, dey talk all nice and mature like on de forums and talk about doin lotsa good stuffs.

in de private personal dey make fun of people in game and on de forums usin all kinda perverse language.

dey even have deir own private wiki where dey create articles about certain community members and say bad stuffs about dem.

but yoo gottahave a password to read it, cause dey dont want everybody redin it. it wonder if i shud post some screenshots to show people...

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Dick Bass posted:

see wutcha gotsta understand about the dental bros is dat dey got a public persona and a private persona.

in de public persona, dey talk all nice and mature like on de forums and talk about doin lotsa good stuffs.

in de private personal dey make fun of people in game and on de forums usin all kinda perverse language.

dey even have deir own private wiki where dey create articles about certain community members and say bad stuffs about dem.

but yoo gottahave a password to read it, cause dey dont want everybody redin it. it wonder if i shud post some screenshots to show people...

an den whyn dey dont lyke wat u post, dey kwote wut you sayd over on deyre forumz and call you a 'mentally ill pubbie'

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627820&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=494#post461002592

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Wasn't it harder to spell everything wrong than to type it normally?

Maybe they were role-playing an old timey gangster.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Acer Pilot posted:

I thinking Jar Jar Binks...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Acer Pilot posted:

I had union rep for a trucking company based in New Jersey.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

I had union rep for a trucking company based in New Jersey.

:agreed:

Doon
May 4, 2005
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Hey look, a flying testicle.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

Trying to read that stuff made my head hurt.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ShadowMoo posted:

Trying to read that stuff made my head hurt.

It was perfectly readable to me. You just need to learn Ork first and it'll make sense.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Why is that pubbie pretending to be a streetwise Louisiana gator in a Looney Tunes clip? Down on da bayou, at Sisko's.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Playing orcs in Total Warhammer prepared me for this day.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

IPCRESS posted:

so... I should re-install this game and stop playing overwatch every moment of videogame time?
This is obviously the correct move if you're not one of those casuals that play good games.

18 Character Limit posted:

jros83 posted:

an den whyn dey dont lyke wat u post, dey kwote wut you sayd over on deyre forumz and call you a 'mentally ill pubbie'
/thread

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday - dey kwote wut you sayd over on deyre forumz and call you a 'mentally ill pubbie'

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Mentally ill pubbie

If I weren't acquainted with how terrible people in this game are I'd have thought that was some kind of performance art.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SKY COQ posted:

Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday - dey kwote wut you sayd over on deyre forumz and call you a 'mentally ill pubbie'

+1 this

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Same

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Alas, here I was hoping for Agents of Yesterday: Born in Greed.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10017283-star-trek-online%3A-temporal-specialization

Temporal Spec

It will probably be on tribble this week then.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 14, 2016

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
There's something idiotically hilarious about "go in reverse in combat for extra buffs".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Roadie posted:

There's something idiotically hilarious about "go in reverse in combat for extra buffs".

They already have buffs for 'go forward' and 'don't move'

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Temporal Bridge Officers

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10017373-star-trek-online%3A-temporal-bridge-officers

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

STO forum bans posted:

:ms:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, just saw the culling.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Aleth posted:

Yeah, just saw the culling.

STO forums needs a leper's colony.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Oh man, that's hilarious. Rllaillieu is like Protogoth's right-hand-Romulan nutcase, I'm glad to see he went down with his captain.

Edit: Rllaillieu is not another binkley/fake 18 chars alt. He's a SERIOUS Romulan RPer who just got caught in the purge for being unbearable.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

rllaillieu landed a ban for the naming and shaming.

When it comes to jros83's alts, there were at least one more removed at the same time as the more obvious ones.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

DancingShade posted:

These aren't the stats you're looking for. *waves hand* Move along.

To be fair, I said TOS ship stats not T6 Temporal ships

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
I had assumed Trendy had some kind of IP crosschecking tool at her disposal. And the sfdstuff sockpuppet didn't catch a ban.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

I had assumed Trendy had some kind of IP crosschecking tool at her disposal. And the sfdstuff sockpuppet didn't catch a ban.

If it is like most other board software, Admins/mods can see IP addresses of posters.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The descriptions of the temporal boff abilities sound interesting, but I'll need to see numbers before I can decide if they're useful. Seems like the spec is mostly science focused, but the gain damage while reversing thing seems like it could be useful.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

-Troika- posted:

The descriptions of the temporal boff abilities sound interesting, but I'll need to see numbers before I can decide if they're useful. Seems like the spec is mostly science focused, but the gain damage while reversing thing seems like it could be useful.

Would certainly help any sci-focused cannon boats... if there are any. (Vesta?)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk posted:

Would certainly help any sci-focused cannon boats... if there are any.

Adapted destroyer's one, though it's turn rate is kinda low.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Someone spec me a spathi ship.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Burning_Monk posted:

Would certainly help any sci-focused cannon boats... if there are any. (Vesta?)

Only new ships will have temporal seating so look forward to yet another round of re-released lockbox ships.

Only now with temporal instead of intelligence I mean command gently caress I meant instead of pilot seats. Oh who cares, they're pretty much all forgettable.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

DancingShade posted:

Only new ships will have temporal seating so look forward to yet another round of re-released lockbox ships.

Only now with temporal instead of intelligence I mean command gently caress I meant instead of pilot seats. Oh who cares, they're pretty much all forgettable.

I was referring mostly to the spec bonus of moving in reverse.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Tuskin38 posted:

If it is like most other board software, Admins/mods can see IP addresses of posters.

When they first set up Vanilla, everyone could see the IP addresses of posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Artifact lines on Risa are becoming A Thing.

STO user kapla5571 posted:

This was the scene Saturday as I was switching characters by Qwen's place after a 3min load at 95.51 loaded splash screen. I think there may be a bit of a red line issue...............
Oh, Cryptic...

• Locked thread