Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
That episode where Leland Orser played a homicidal, germophobe, hates-all-organic-life hologram was kind cool, if for no other reason than I never get tired of Leland Orser play a psycho character like he always does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

Just watched an episode of Voyager that I had blocked out.

The Doctor tries to integrate other famous hisorical personalities into his system and becomes this cloaked, gravelly voiced creep.

It was bad.

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

dojokm posted:

Just watched an episode of Voyager... It was bad.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Skeesix posted:

Gates McFadden is 67 now. Which means she was 45 in 1994 at the end of TNG.

She's worse than Riker. Which is saying a lot IMO.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
In a perfect world, when Voyager finally returned to Earth, they would have been so changed by their experiences in the Delta quadrant and what they had to do to survive that Starfleet would have considered them a threat to the federation and denied them from returning to Earth.

So basically what I'm saying is that it should have ended like Fallout 1 with Cpt Janeway shooting the head of Starfleet in the face and then taking her crew and Voyager and heading out into deep space forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbH-8QKZ1Vg

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

janeway acts like a red squad alumni so that all works out

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Volcott posted:

Really they should just put a cloak on every ship and only switch them on when the Klingons start poo poo like in DS9.

i too am excited by the prospect of seeing a space fight where all the ships are invisible

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

FuhrerHat posted:

janeway acts like a red squad alumni so that all works out

I haven't ever had to use the phrase "adding this to my headcanon" before but hey here we are, thanks.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I haven't ever had to use the phrase "adding this to my headcanon" before but hey here we are, thanks.

It really does make sense. Janeway is a Captain in the federation but an Admiral within Red Squad.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Holy poo poo does Voyager go out of its way to moralize poorly and loudly at me during this last season.

Lineage is about how Blanna is a monster and it's immoral to genetically alter kids for reasons

Repentance is a heavy handed tale about jailing minorities

The Void is about how working together is good and how Janeway will literally throw away any chance of escape in order to preserve ~Starfleet Principles~

Workforce is a tale about capitalism run amok.

Author, Author is another AI/HOLO RIGHTS :argh: episode

Friendship One is about why the Prime Directive is so so so important and we shouldn't mess with native development

Natural Law, in case you missed Friendship One and needed to be hit over the head with the lesson some more, is about why the Prime Directive is so so so important and we shouldn't mess with native development

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm not sure you're taking the prime directive seriously enough. I hope there's a other one. :colbert:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

The General posted:

I'm not sure you're taking the prime directive seriously enough. I hope there's a other one. :colbert:

Wasn't getting into a fight with the species that was native to the system in Natural Law and turning the shield back on actually just a greater violation of the prime directive?

They say another species put the force field in place 'centuries' ago. So some assholes came through and violated the PD, interfering in the internal workings of these two civilizations and then Voyager comes in and Janeway says "Two wrongs make a right" before getting into a firefight, turning it back on and flying away.

I don't think Voyager took the PD seriously enough.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Who ever said Janeway was a Red Squad alumni had a point. She was even probably kicked out eventually.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
Isn't there anything else I could do to help out? Maybe something needs translating or something?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Too batshit crazy for red squad is a hell of a thing to have on your resume

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

Too batshit crazy for red squad is a hell of a thing to have on your resume

I have the feeling that Janeway interprets orders very liberally. Red Squad goes for the by the book go getters.

E: and very unbatshit crazy.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
Is 'Worst Case Scenario' supposed to be satirical? Because it comes across that way, lambasting the course the show actually followed instead of this somewhat interesting premise.

Also, the line 'You've just threatened the wrong woman, Chakotay' just seems hilarious, for some reason. *attacks starship with a shuttle*

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I just watched a three of VOY episodes: The Void, Prophecy, and Inside Man. The last one was all right, probably because of the TNG stars. Then I watched Doomsday Machine from TOS. It's a masterwork of television. No episode of Voyager was ever that good. William Windom's Captain Ahab is outstanding.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i too am excited by the prospect of seeing a space fight where all the ships are invisible

Ah but you see they have to decloak to do anything cool.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Who was the hottest Cardassian woman?

Natima Lang?

Gilora Rejal?

Iliana Ghemor?

Gul Malyn Ocett?

Its a tough call. Those are some prominent ridges and some very blue spoons to choose from.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Natima Lang?

Gilora Rejal?

Iliana Ghemor?

Gul Malyn Ocett?

Its a tough call. Those are some prominent ridges and some very blue spoons to choose from.

The one who shot J.R.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I'm voting for Seska mostly because she was sassy and was smart enough to peace-out from Voyager.

Plus she tried to spermjack Chakotay, so mad props.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

shadow puppet of a posted:

Natima Lang?

Gilora Rejal?

Iliana Ghemor?

Gul Malyn Ocett?

would spoon

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
One thing I've learned from Trek is never take a vacation.

Obrien takes a vacation: Gets arrested and cavity searched by Cardassians.
Picard takes a vacation: Ferrenghi time travel bullshit that cock blocks him on the whole time he's on Risa, the sex planet.
Geordi takes a vacation: Kidnapped by Romulans for mind control brain surgery.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Worf takes a vacation: joins ISIS

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Riker takes a vacation: Seventy new paternity suits

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cthulu Carl posted:

Riker takes a vacation: Seventy new paternity suits

He infected the ship with videogames after a visit yo risa.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
is it me or do original series klingons look like a black man crossed with a classic fu manchu style chinaman

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Bitter Mushroom posted:

is it me or do original series klingons look like a black man crossed with a classic fu manchu style chinaman

That's MISTER John Colicos to you

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

bitterandtwisted posted:

Worf takes a vacation: joins ISIS

actually worf took a vacation and wound up getting swept through multiple parallel dimensions, inadvertently getting a parallel Geordi killed, and triggering a dimensional rift where the local sector of space started to fill up with parallel Enterprises (which resulted in one of them getting destroyed)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hector Beerlioz posted:

That's MISTER John Colicos to you

i will not hear words spoken against John Colicos

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Bitter Mushroom posted:

You're not imagining anything. The TOS Klingons were more or less supposed to be Communists and took inspiration from the Soviets, China and Vietnam. They were literally based off Genghis Khan and fu manchu style chinamen.

It was only later that Klingons became a mixture of Imperial Japan, Vikings and complete dumbasses.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I just assumed that they were really into fake tan in the 23rd century.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

qapla!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
still pretty decent for a studio whose only prior experience in special effects was turning Lucille Ball's hair red

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The other time Worf went on vacation, he had crisis of faith and brought in the 2nd coming of Kahless.

The crew of the Enterprise shrugged their shoulders and indulged him.

On "Enterprise" the explained that Klingons lost their ridges because of Khan's genes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He infected the ship with videogames after a visit yo risa.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

actually worf took a vacation and wound up getting swept through multiple parallel dimensions, inadvertently getting a parallel Geordi killed, and triggering a dimensional rift where the local sector of space started to fill up with parallel Enterprises (which resulted in one of them getting destroyed)

Please. That rift was triggered by the power of apocalyptic alternate universe Riker's beard.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It took me a while before I realized Jadzia's old klingon friends were the same actors playing the same roles they had in TOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tuba-Frisbee is a better VR game than anything on the Oculus or the Vive.