Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Where does one get these fine items of apparel?

Also I don't ordinarily advocate ironing T-shirts, but this guy maybe should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BananaFusion posted:

And once again it astounds me people are still questioning if he's mentally ill. He has "high functioning" NPD. He fits every criteria in the DSM, and it completely explains his ridiculous behavior. He's not acting in order to sucker people, or trying to throw the election, this is just who he is. The reason he's getting even crazier is because the stress and physical toll is making his symptoms worse.

Okay, say I agree with you just because I think it is one hell of a great Theory, correct or not. That still does not preclude Donald Trump being the Living Avatar of the Republican zeitgeist in the year of Our Lord 2016.

And on an unrelated note, I keep thinking to myself, Donald Trump is the greatest American Anti hero of all time.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 15, 2016

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

petit choux posted:

That still does not preclude Donald Trump being the Living Avatar of the Republican zeitgeist in the year of Our Lord 2016.

The avatar of the GOP being an out-of-control narcissistic billionaire, whose empire is built on a combination of structural racism, loving over everyone else, inheritance, and massive privilege is incredibly appropriate

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

BananaFusion posted:

And once again it astounds me people are still questioning if he's mentally ill. He has "high functioning" NPD. He fits every criteria in the DSM, and it completely explains his ridiculous behavior. He's not acting in order to sucker people, or trying to throw the election, this is just who he is. The reason he's getting even crazier is because the stress and physical toll is making his symptoms worse.

Beyond just the stress and physical toll, I imagine having everything he thought about himself seemingly validated during the primary campaign had to be a pretty big high too. Then taking some body blows since then has to be really disorienting. Campaigning does ugly things to even (relatively) normal people, so if I actually cared about him I'd be pretty concerned about his stability at this goes on.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Zwabu posted:

Also I don't ordinarily advocate ironing T-shirts, but this guy maybe should have.

the lack of ironing is an intentional effect to make cruz look even more like a leathery lizardman

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

based gaddis posted:

We rate the claim Pants On Fire

11 In the seventieth year of Donald’s life, on the twentieth day of the first month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on America forty days and forty nights.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al! posted:

no you don't nml

called it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Wrong thread

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 15, 2016

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Sinteres posted:

Yeah it's politically stupid, and I get why Democrats want to highlight it, but journalists collapsing on their fainting couches about this new vicious lie he told that's actually true should be embarrassed.

They've been doing this since June of last year and will only become increasingly histrionic as the campaign goes on. Their beginning baseline was to say "ethnic cleansing" and "Hitler" a lot and you sure as hell can't dial it back when you're starting there.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Sinteres posted:

Beyond just the stress and physical toll, I imagine having everything he thought about himself seemingly validated during the primary campaign had to be a pretty big high too. Then taking some body blows since then has to be really disorienting. Campaigning does ugly things to even (relatively) normal people, so if I actually cared about him I'd be pretty concerned about his stability at this goes on.

It's pretty clear the people who care about him are getting concerned. Did you see his family standing behind him during his speech the other night?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

They've been doing this since June of last year and will only become increasingly histrionic as the campaign goes on. Their beginning baseline was to say "ethnic cleansing" and "Hitler" a lot and you sure as hell can't dial it back when you're starting there.

to be fair Trump himself started with "mexico is sending rapists, build the wall, ban muslims" and he can't dial it back either

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I wonder what the GOP donors are doing about this garbage fire. I know they were supposed to focus on protecting House and Senate seats, but how much money do you throw away protecting vulnerable seats of politicians who pledged unconditional support to Trump before it was clear he could be restrained? If Trump can't be controlled, he is going to lose all of those seats on his own, no matter how much money gets thrown in to protect them.

I'd imagine there is some sort of deadline for Ryan and Reince to right the ship before donors decide to sit out for this election cycle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump summoned to Washington for a week straight to undergo "conditioning". The strangest part of this election cycle was not Trump winning, and the GOP's failure to stop him. The most bizarre part was how quickly everyone got on board when it was clear he couldn't be stopped, and made no effort to leverage their support to force Trump to behave.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Donald Trump could have turned his campaign around at any point by simply making an effort to know what he is talking about. If he showed at the debates and refined his nonsense into coherent thought, he could probably still win. He has a genuine and powerrful issue in the struggles of the middle class. He could make an argument about the lack of solutions to terrorist incidents and how frustrated and tired Americans are. It's all there and he already touches on it. Instead he makes a concerted effort to know less than his own supporters in this thread.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I feel like in 8 or 12 years, we will have a GOP candidate who takes Trumps rantings and extrapolates them into real policies. Like his "bomb them and take their oil" shtick, we might legitamely have someone say that instead of doling these resources out to multi national corporations run by cronies, we cut out the middleman and just take them and give them directly to the American people in the form of war spoils.

I truly believe republican primary voters can't go back to nominating some neocon corporate shill like Mitt Romney in 2020 or 2024 and we'll see a serious nationalist candidate soon.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Zwabu posted:

T-shirt ironing concern troll LOL I love this dead gay forum

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Zwabu posted:

or just toss it into the dryer for 15 minutes

throw in a damp wash clothe maybe

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

The Nastier Nate posted:

I feel like in 8 or 12 years, we will have a GOP candidate who takes Trumps rantings and extrapolates them into real policies. Like his "bomb them and take their oil" shtick, we might legitamely have someone say that instead of doling these resources out to multi national corporations run by cronies, we cut out the middleman and just take them and give them directly to the American people in the form of war spoils.

I truly believe republican primary voters can't go back to nominating some neocon corporate shill like Mitt Romney in 2020 or 2024 and we'll see a serious nationalist candidate soon.

Yeah I think we're gonna see more Trump and Cruz style candidates, this isn't the Paul Ryan and Jeb! Bush party anymore.

Poor Jeb! :(

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

The strangest part of this election cycle was not Trump winning, and the GOP's failure to stop him. The most bizarre part was how quickly everyone got on board when it was clear he couldn't be stopped, and made no effort to leverage their support to force Trump to behave.

The strangest part was definitely when party forces and Manafort finally got Trump under control for a few days after the judge nonsense and he gave several of the most awkward and neutered speeches we've seen before Orlando made him break the shackles to loud shouts of "RADICAL ISLAM! GET EM OUT!"

Jayisspecial posted:

Donald Trump could have turned his campaign around at any point by simply making an effort to know what he is talking about. If he showed at the debates and refined his nonsense into coherent thought, he could probably still win. He has a genuine and powerrful issue in the struggles of the middle class. He could make an argument about the lack of solutions to terrorist incidents and how frustrated and tired Americans are. It's all there and he already touches on it. Instead he makes a concerted effort to know less than his own supporters in this thread.

Trump could make an appeal to economic populism if he hadn't already bent to the party line wrt all of the GOP's domestic policies (and also assuming the cognitive dissonance didn't overwhelm him and his supporters)

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://storify.com/case_face/a-trump-rally-in-greensboro-anger-in-here-is-palpa

this guy's timeline holy poo poo

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jayisspecial posted:

Yup I agree. I think he could have been a legitimate threat if he turned it around. After this week though I think there's no turning back.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Jayisspecial posted:

He has a genuine and powerrful issue in the struggles of the middle class

No he doesn't, he literally scammed them so he could add a few million dollars to his alleged multi-billion dollar fortune.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

MaxxBot posted:

Yeah I think we're gonna see more Trump and Cruz style candidates, this isn't the Paul Ryan and Jeb! Bush party anymore.

Poor Jeb! :(

Cruz might have the momentum and name recognition to win the nom in 2020, but going forward it's clear that the base clearly does not give a poo poo about Cruzs social issues

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

2020 and 2024 will be Cruz running in opposition

2028 will be Morrow

His #1 platform is literally big ole titties. That's got national appeal

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Three Olives posted:

No he doesn't, he literally scammed them so he could add a few million dollars to his alleged multi-billion dollar fortune.

No his anti-trade deal talk and populism appeal to working class people in this country who's lets be honest have seen better days.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

That's legitimately funny, and I hope it becomes a running gag for everything the Trump campaign is against.

"Throw Hillary over the wall!"
"Throw Jeb over the wall!"
"We are going to throw Obamacare over the wall!"

In my country there is problem...

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The GOP Primary isn't over yet so this thread should remain open forever. For the GOP is the party of the 1% and they shall always win in the end. Trump is NOT a member of the 1% he isn't even really in the 3 comma club anymore. What I am saying is the GOP nominee will be Jeb Bush/Marco Rubio.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If someone asked Trump the question "why did we invade Iraq?" what do you think his answer would be?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Epic High Five posted:

2028 will be Morrow

Morrow needs to stay in politics. :allears:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chantilly Say posted:

If someone asked Trump the question "why did we invade Iraq?" what do you think his answer would be?

He would say it was the worst mistake ever. It's one of the few things he is right on.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Oh no, Trump lost an important endorsement :lol:

https://twitter.com/DrJamesDManning/status/742909123096936448

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Oh word?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

2028 will be Morrow

morrow for president of the united earth government

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Donald Trump could have been a legitimate threat if he weren't Donald Trump

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

Donald Trump could have been a legitimate threat if he weren't Donald Trump

He's the protagonist in a Greek tragedy. The same traits that made him a hero will lead to his ruin.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Three Olives posted:

He is a scum bag, sure, but that doesn't have to define his image. What I am saying is there is some actual truth he could build his narrative on. He could have done it any day of the campaign. He could start tomorrow. All it would take is listening to some external sources. Maybe read a loving book. He undermines his own efforts at populism by being so stupid. The people in this thread who supported him should be pissed off he has turned into such a poor carrier for whatever message originally inspired them. They should be mad he is going to lose this election. Where will their representation be when he drowns in his own poo poo?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

He's the protagonist in a Greek tragedy. The same traits that made him a hero will lead to his ruin.

also he fucks family members

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/DrJamesDManning/status/742698227376488448

:heysexy:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

It's this guy, he had endorsed Trump but now rescinded the endorsement.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/02/obama-has-released-homo-demons-church-sign.html

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
There's not going to be mini-me Trumps in 2020. It's going to be lovely Reagan blowjobathon pillowfight between Ben Sasse and Paul Ryan. Some Trump tutelage like Duncan Hunter is gonna get nuked from orbit next time around.

This is a once in a lifetime event we are all sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh it's that fuckin guy lmao

Trump was actually quite proud of his endorsement IIRC, and if I remember the actual final tally correctly this actually counts as Trump losing at least 30 black preacher endorsements

I'm sure he'll have Creflo Dollar to the end tho

• Locked thread