Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Great looking patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Meh, name visible in "structured" pvp environments doesn't matter at all. I'd have been more surprised if they let ghillies stay as-is in those environments.

Still works like it should in open world pvp/grinding areas, no? Then not a problem.

edit:
Whoa, that level-range change for infinite mastery is huge, they should offer a free full-reset to everyone over level 55 for that alone.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 14, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That doesn't stop people screaming, crying and stamping their feet demanding a cookie though.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

To be fair, the Maehwa atanis costume was changed without notice and people finally got the opportunity to get refunds (or pearls, whichever) like a month after people complained about it - them changing the functionality like this is probably going to land them in even hotter water. Especially since I don't think this is a thing in KR/RU so people bought the ghillies assuming they'd keep working as-is.

I own a few ghillie suits and it's kind of a bummer they won't be used in node wars/sieges, which are meant to be like, the main point of the game, but I'm not going to go asking for refunds unless it looks like I can get one. I'd use the pearls to buy some more costumes or something instead. :3:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
does it really say energy will no longer be used when processing

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Third World Reggin posted:

does it really say energy will no longer be used when processing

Yeah, its on par with KR now. I think PA is just slowly reverting all the NA specific changes, cause most of them were honestly really bad. (Though they said we're stuck with field bosses?)

Like we get field bosses for Livertos - which lead to already geared people getting more livertos and everyone else having to facesmash AH over and over for the upgrade - then they need mem frags on top to enchant livertos at 1:1 (because livertos cost 9mil here), which made our mem frag prices also 2x of KR.

Where as Korea got a easy repeatable quest that let you farm them in 3-4 hours with a group for a liverto, which means they are 3milish on AH and always available for repairs or what not.

Basically, every region specific changes Daum made for NA has been lovely for like 90% of the player base, lets hope the enchant changes aren't a train wreck.

J
Jun 10, 2001

More zerker damage buffs :toot:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I think we'll see the liverto quests added later on. One thing I'd like to see them "revert" is field/world bosses just dropping things based on RNG rather than top damage. In KR they don't have field bosses but kzarka etc are random drops which gives everyone a chance and I hope they do that here.

I also hope we get the secret shop RNG trader dude because right now it's impossible to get boss armor unless you're supremely lucky. The RNG dude requires tons of energy and silver and luck as well but at least that's something you can do on your own time.

Fun fact that doesn't relate to any of the above points, in KR apparently there is a buff you can toggle once a day for an hour of 100% extra exp - so a free exp scroll. Catch-up mechanic so I don't expect to see it anytime soon but it sounds cool.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
um does this mean i can spam magic missiles indefinitely

ioneye fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 15, 2016

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Guess I'm with everyone else in the break crew. New raid wing added to GW2 :getin:

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Godmode Enabled posted:

Guess I'm with everyone else in the break crew. New raid wing added to GW2 :getin:

that sounds worse than playing BDO tbh

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Meh, name visible in "structured" pvp environments doesn't matter at all. I'd have been more surprised if they let ghillies stay as-is in those environments.

Still works like it should in open world pvp/grinding areas, no? Then not a problem.

edit:
Whoa, that level-range change for infinite mastery is huge, they should offer a free full-reset to everyone over level 55 for that alone.

Except they bought it under the presumption it was for everything. So I don't see an issue offering a refund if someone wants it. :shrug:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The issue would be losing whole bunch of money. They should at least offer to reimburse in pearls though.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

The issue would be losing whole bunch of money. They should at least offer to reimburse in pearls though.

That's what I meant.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Did they ever fix the hosed up shaders, glowing hair, and transparency issues?

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Guild name change coupon, now we can rejoin goontang and change the name :V

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Ninja Awakening Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItMVEUYZLf0

Out in Korea, June 23rd.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
so the weapon classes were supposed to be euro warrior, corea warrior, and nipponese warrior and instead we got some stupid names

also lol at female nipponese warriors anal fox tail

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That... certainly was a costume that looked like it was formulated using a smudged pencil drawing from deviantart.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

Ninja Awakening Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItMVEUYZLf0

Out in Korea, June 23rd.

Lmao girl ninja foxtail butt plug

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Black Desert legitimately has some of the ugliest cosmetics I've ever seen in a game, especially for female characters, but they've really outdone themselves with the butt plug ninja.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I believe the female is called 'Kuni Itchy'

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The continual tears from some ghillie suit owners because they can't be invisible in Red Battlefield anymore is amazing.

10/10 would drink tears again.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I played the game in closed beta and I've been considering getting the game now. I enjoyed it a bit when I played it then (although, I didn't understand the trade route stuff or any of the housing things), has anything changed at all since release?

Would you says it's worth the $30 they're asking for the base entry fee?

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
Yes, it's a very good game.

A lot of things have changed and the game gets updated very frequently. It is not an intuitive game though. A big part of it is learning how everything works within the game (people are STILL trying to figure out how certain things work), and that doesn't stop with trade routes and housing. There is a lot of depth to how everything functions, and it will take awhile before you have a good grasp of all the different mechanics that are at play.

If you give it a try again, just try not to let how many different things there are to do overwhelm you, and take things one step at a time. A lot of things in this game can seem confusing at first, and then you do them and realize that it's actually really simple. Join a guild as soon as you can, because having people to bounce questions off of when you're still figuring stuff out is a big help.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

PureRok posted:

It's worth $30 for sure, but the real question is whether it's worth your time or not.

Understand that the game is wide but shallow. If you really like one aspect of MMOs and don't much care for the others, BDO is not the game for you. On the other hand, if you like a little bit of everything, BDO is a great pick.

An exception would be for Dynasty Warriors fans -- the PvE combat is very satisfying if you like that musa-genre style mass slaughter. PvP on the other hand is largely a trainwreck. In the 1% of times you encounter an equally geared player and the server doesn't desync horribly for one or both of you, it can be very fun. The other 99% of the time you will either steamroll the other player or get steamrolled. Player "skill" only factors in when fighting an equivalently geared opponent.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

New patch seems to own, haven't been able to try grinding monsters yet, but people are saying it's a lot easier.

I did see some things that weren't in the notes, but are in game. Maybe I overlooked them though...

+200 LT pearl shop item, 1 per character (owns for me as a ranger)
Crone stones are in now
All LMB skills are free by levelling so if you had that trained you get back like 140 SP

So far I have to say I am impressed, and will give getting to 57 a shot now.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So uh... what's this 3.8 gig patch?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Time to process 10,000 Flax!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The siege tutorial video rules.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Grondoth posted:

So uh... what's this 3.8 gig patch?

Here's the patch notes, they're a doozy.

Lots of class buffs across the board, exp gains buffed, enemies nerfed, processing no longer requires energy, ultimate upgrade stones are now in the game, temporary free skill resets until they introduce some new system for it, and more highlights I'm probably forgetting.

Only played for about an hour but the exp increase and mob nerfs are humongous.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008

Grondoth posted:

The siege tutorial video rules.

That's a great video but what does owning a node or region do for a guild and what does that mean for me, who invests in a lot of production nodes and mainly plays solo?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Burno posted:

All LMB skills are free by levelling so if you had that trained you get back like 140 SP

Goddamn that is a great change.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How's the game pop doing? Been months since I played.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

boho posted:

It's worth $30 for sure, but the real question is whether it's worth your time or not.

Understand that the game is wide but shallow. If you really like one aspect of MMOs and don't much care for the others, BDO is not the game for you. On the other hand, if you like a little bit of everything, BDO is a great pick.

An exception would be for Dynasty Warriors fans -- the PvE combat is very satisfying if you like that musa-genre style mass slaughter. PvP on the other hand is largely a trainwreck. In the 1% of times you encounter an equally geared player and the server doesn't desync horribly for one or both of you, it can be very fun. The other 99% of the time you will either steamroll the other player or get steamrolled. Player "skill" only factors in when fighting an equivalently geared opponent.

Well, I love DW and solo questing in MMOs so I guess I'll probably maybe enjoy this game enough. Thanks.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
If you want a free trial send me a pm, I still have mine from buying it. Not home at the moment though

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

PureRok posted:

I played the game in closed beta and I've been considering getting the game now. I enjoyed it a bit when I played it then (although, I didn't understand the trade route stuff or any of the housing things), has anything changed at all since release?

It's good but there is nearly unlimited progression (heavily diminished) that seem to drive the autism crew to pure burn out/go insane.

The game rewards you for dabbling in a bit of everything and taking things at your pace, on top of releasing catch up mechanics that turn previous 100+ hour grinding to something like 10.

Gear difference matters but at the same time it's pretty easy to hit reasonable stats and after that its big investments for little gains, I haven't had a gear upgrade in almost a month now and I still feel useful in pvp.

The balance in pvp was unbalanced around classes more than anything. Sorcs used to be the king terror in open world pvp, but now they are nerfed to the ground. On top of that everyone got a huge hp boost so under geared people aren't dying to random aoe and can actually stay alive to land CC and do things.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't even done any combat since before that last patch hit. All I do is manage my worker network (passive income) and AFK train horses while I play Elite Dangerous.

I don't know how people let themselves burn out on grindy games when there are so many ways to not make it terrible.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wassbix posted:

Sorcs used to be the king terror in open world pvp, but now they are nerfed to the ground. On top of that everyone got a huge hp boost so under geared people aren't dying to random aoe and can actually stay alive to land CC and do things.

I don't know about "into the ground". Definitely feels 10-15% weaker, and the massive hp boost to everyone makes a pretty big difference too, but I still tear poo poo up as a 55 sorc with "meh" gear.

loving tree belt/ogre just won't drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

As a sorc it definitely feels like they didn't just nerf dark flame, they bugged it. Took me like 7 dark flames to kill a green-level mob and this is with decreased mob stats/HP using our previously strongest spammable skill. All non-sorcs are howling with glee about this but if it's a legitimate bug then we'll see. If this is intended then it does make it very hard because the class has very few low cooldown skills it can use in PvP. This is on top of the huge increased HP everyone has which naturally makes burst harder anyway until we get to the ridiculous AP/DP levels that Korea has.

Btw, now is a pretty good time to go to field bosses and poo poo since their chance of one-shotting you with a normal attack is greatly diminished. Pirate island is also ridiculously easier now if anyone wants to sail out there.