Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

They could buff the dps on the m1 spray, it's like 45 dps or something ridiculously low, which makes her damage contribution / time to kill rather poor in close range because you're doing next to no damage while you freeze them. Wouldn't hurt to make that more like 70.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

drrockso20 posted:

So I'm of the opinion that while Mei has a good setup overall, she could use probably use a buff in some form or another, the question becomes in what manner should she get a buff though?

Simple but effective buff: M1 passes through Reinhardt shields.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

boop baby, baby

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Verranicus posted:

I still love you

Idk who said to chill pill but when i get called out on mic bitching it helps to shut my rear end up

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zarya is really good at causing reversal of fortunes :v:

https://gfycat.com/UnpleasantTightCamel

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Verranicus posted:

You're learning.
As much as it amuses me that people still don't understand your gimmick: it's still a gimmick and you should stop doing it. Just put things in quote tags, or go make an overwatchplayers.txt thread or something.

This has been your Anti-Fun moment for today.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Incoherence posted:

As much as it amuses me that people still don't understand your gimmick: it's still a gimmick and you should stop doing it. Just put things in quote tags, or go make an overwatchplayers.txt thread or something.

This has been your Anti-Fun moment for today.

Aww, man, the best (only good?) thing about this thread was watching people run headfirst into his quotes like a pub towards Bastion. I'll miss them dearly.

Also an overwatchplayers.txt thread would be cool.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Here's a good tip: Don't save up your ults hoping for a huge Zarya assist, especially if you're Hanzo and you're not contributing anything to the team.

Gold eliminations, objective time, objective kills and damage. Pulled the entire enemy team off the payload and captured it, but I 'wasted all my ults' because they didn't get the big play :qq:

There's three stages of Zarya:

1. She kind of sucks, I guess?
2. She is awesome, especially for team wipes!
3. Don't wait for the team wipe, go in and do work.

I feel like people are generally teetering on the edge of 3 right now but not quite at that point.

Graviton Surge is an awesome ult, but it has a few more uses than going for a big team kill, like the previous example of pulling the enemy team off the payload so we can cap since nobody else was bothering to do so :(

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

It's a good thing Zarya is the strongest woman in the world because she can carry the absolute poo poo out of a bad team

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I wish they'd just keep the brawl as mystery hero because the new one is the worst yet

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ddraig posted:

Graviton Surge is an awesome ult, but it has a few more uses than going for a big team kill, like the previous example of pulling the enemy team off the payload so we can cap since nobody else was bothering to do so :(

Yeah I love pulling these, it's especially hilarious on KotH maps just putting it out there in front of the entrance and waving as you solo cap the point.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I am exclusively being put in games, on the losing team, moments before a game ends. I've played for the past 90 minutes without accruing a single "played game" because I'm never in a game for more than 60 seconds.

I'm not complaining about the free XP, but it would be nice to, yknow, play the game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dias posted:

Aww, man, the best (only good?) thing about this thread was watching people run headfirst into his quotes like a pub towards Bastion. I'll miss them dearly.

Also an overwatchplayers.txt thread would be cool.

I sorta hate those threads because it often turns into yet another avenue for the Funhaver vs Funhater Debates but as a weird proxy war thing where people are instead posting quotes that make fun of the other side's playstyle

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Balon posted:

I am exclusively being put in games, on the losing team, moments before a game ends. I've played for the past 90 minutes without accruing a single "played game" because I'm never in a game for more than 60 seconds.

I'm not complaining about the free XP, but it would be nice to, yknow, play the game.

Sounds like you're down at the :laffo: MMR.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Slowpoke! posted:

Simple but effective buff: M1 passes through Reinhardt shields.

I'd much rather go for the damage increase. When it comes down to it she already completely trounces Reinhardt once she gets close enough to just pivot around his shield, and literally any amount of freeze on you means you just stop moving if you're blocking anyways.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't think games you join after the round starts count towards your tracked stats. Which is nice, but getting tons of them in a row is still really irritating.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mei is a lot of fun but yes, she can feel very weak against competent players. Her ultimate can be good but it's like a worse version of Zaryas that the enemy can just get out of before it does anything. Her freeze ray is extremely low damage. At the range you have to be in to freeze someone and then headshot them you would be getting the kill faster as Reaper or almost any other dps class

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zzulu posted:

Mei is a lot of fun but yes, she can feel very weak against competent players. Her ultimate can be good but it's like a worse version of Zaryas that the enemy can just get out of before it does anything. Her freeze ray is extremely low damage, at the range you have to be in to freeze someone and then headshot them you would be getting the kill faster as Reaper or almost any other dps class

You're overlooking how good it feels to just icewall your own loving team when they're just being a bunch of garbage.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Bluhman posted:

I'd much rather go for the damage increase. When it comes down to it she already completely trounces Reinhardt once she gets close enough to just pivot around his shield, and literally any amount of freeze on you means you just stop moving if you're blocking anyways.

I don't think I've ever lost a 1v1 fight as Reinhardt against Mei. I alternate between taking a swing and shielding for a second to interrupt the freezing process. They can never stay behind my shield consistently enough to get me fully frozen. Of course, this takes so long that other people inevitably show up before one of us is dead.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
The new brawl is fun because I get to show off my Daredevil costume.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This is the worst weekly brawl so far

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Broken Cog posted:

This is the worst weekly brawl so far

How do you manage to have so many bad opinions?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I expect that Anubis B and the like will be even more frustrating for the attackers now, since Widowmaker was a key part of countering bastion/torb/everything else

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

JT Jag posted:

I've been playing Overwatch for the first time tonight and Bastion is really good for total garbage people like me, not having to worry about even moving is really nice and his chaingun has infinite range, as long as you know when to adjust your position and which chokepoints to defend you can rack up kill streaks

Lucio is good too, I know when to swap beats and when to amp them up, I'm no good at using his weapon or wall-skating at this point though

As others have said, Bastion becomes incredibly easy for more competent/coordinated players to counter. So do expect him to get a bit weaker as you move on. However...that doesn't mean he's always worthless, just gotta pay attention to enemy team composition and chose someone else if a semi-competent Widow or Genji appears.

I have to say that you should not be afraid of pushing forward with Bastion, either flanking or just trying to finish off/harass someone who's retreating. His rifle isn't nearly as powerful as his minigun obviously, but it still does decent work. And when you manage to surprise an enemy team with a good flank his minigun practically becomes a free Ultimate when players who aren't expecting it just walk right into your spray of hate. Also, try to have a fall-back position in mind. Many a player have had the bright idea to chase me down as a wounded Bastion only for them to turn the corner only to walk right into a redeployed minigun.

Oh and he basically becomes a Kritzkreiged Soldier in tank form, complete with rocket jumps. Players are starting to catch on but a lot of people still don't realize that Bastion's tank form can rocket jump and therefore he suddenly becomes very air-mobile when he pops his ultimate.

And Lucio's weapon takes a bit of practice. Don't worry about being too bad with it, it does hit like a truck (as evidenced by what you'll do to any stationary enemies or turrets) but but the shot is relatively slow, and as Lucio you're supposed to be dancing about so you'll be shooting them everywhere. Just imagine them as cover fire.

...when you do get good/lucky with Lucio's M1 though he becomes an utter face-wrecker.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 15, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
It's funny getting a gold medal for three kills.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Alkydere posted:

And Lucio's weapon takes a bit of practice. Don't worry about being too bad with it, it does hit like a truck (as evidenced by what you'll do to any stationary enemies or turrets) but but the shot is relatively slow, and as Lucio you're supposed to be dancing about so you'll be shooting them everywhere. Just imagine them as cover fire.

...when you do get good/lucky with Lucio's M1 though he becomes an utter face-wrecker.

it's the weakest gun in the game. You don't change that by holding M1 harder

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alkydere posted:

As others have said, Bastion becomes incredibly easy for more competent/coordinated players to counter. So do expect him to get a bit weaker as you move on. However...that doesn't mean he's always worthless, just gotta pay attention to enemy team composition and chose someone else if a semi-competent Widow or Genji appears.

I have to say that you should not be afraid of pushing forward with Bastion, either flanking or just trying to finish off/harass someone who's retreating. His rifle isn't nearly as powerful as his minigun obviously, but it still does decent work. And when you manage to surprise an enemy team with a good flank his minigun practically becomes a free Ultimate when players who aren't expecting it just walk right into your spray of hate. Also, try to have a fall-back position in mind. Many a player have had the bright idea to chase me down as a wounded Bastion only for them to turn the corner only to walk right into a redeployed minigun.

Oh and he basically becomes a Kritzkreiged Soldier in tank form, complete with rocket jumps. Players are starting to catch on but a lot of people still don't realize that Bastion's tank form can rocket jump and therefore he suddenly becomes very air-mobile when he pops his ultimate.

Lucio's M1 does 64 dps if you hit everything which is really low. That's a pretty anemic truck.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
you ever find one of those Wikipedia pages that's really seethingly butthurt about something? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

tl;dr the caduceus staff is NOT the classical symbol for medicine it has been ERRONEOUSLY attributed and I think you'll find that the CORRECT symbol is the staff of ASKLEPIOS

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Andrast posted:

Lucio's M1 does 64 dps if you hit everything which is really low. That's a pretty anemic truck.

If you land headshots it's 128 damage per burst, which is enough to put a hurt on anything not a tank.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bolow posted:

If you land headshots it's 128 damage per burst, which is enough to put a hurt on anything not a tank.

It's still the worst weapon in the game damage-wise.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Is Mercy's gun the same damage as D.Va's out of her mech suit?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grammaton posted:

Is Mercy's gun the same damage as D.Va's out of her mech suit?

Mercy's gun does more damage but has a lower fire rate.

Mercy's gun also has a slightly higher dps than D.Va's gun.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
These numbers are from http://overwatch.gamepedia.com. Mercy's pistol fires 5 rounds a second at 20 damage each. It has 20 rounds and a 1 second reload. D.Va's pistol fires 6.66 rounds a second at 14 damage each. It has 20 rounds and a 1.5 second reload.

The dps is kind of meaningless since you aren't going to land everything, but here goes since this is the tryhard thread.

Mercy does 100 dps, or 80 dps if you include the reload. Pilot D.Va does 93 dps, or 62 dps if you include the reload.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Donnerberg posted:

The dps is kind of meaningless since you aren't going to land everything, but here goes since this is the tryhard thread.

it isn't, but I love numbers all the same.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Zorodius posted:

I expect that Anubis B and the like will be even more frustrating for the attackers now, since Widowmaker was a key part of countering bastion/torb/everything else

Winston is actually very good at cracking point B because people usually set up in predictable locations and you can jump in, take out their turrets (always on the left)/torb and if worse comes to worse you can primal rage and lock them down and stop them from even getting out of spawn.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I feel like the Fan nerf was a bit lazy. Plain lowering the damage feels kind of crappy, and while you can still kill squishies, you're not as good at it. They should have frontloaded the damage, so you can kill low hp things just as quickly as before. Like 70-60-50-40-30-20.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Alternatively, get headshots. They'll melt low health people like nobody's business.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Alternatively, get headshots. They'll melt low health people like nobody's business.

Fan can't headshot though. Which means it's now a tool to kill tanks or finish off people who can't get away, while squishies like Tracer or Genji require actual headshots. Seems like it should be the other way around.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I joined a game with two widowmakers. I chose to balance teamcomp with another. One more player joined and we rode four widow makers deep. We won. I feel so dirty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
McCree smells like farts now