Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

what EQ jugg feels like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Jeb needs to stop putting lovely music in his videos.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Haerc posted:

Which ascendency should I use for softcore EQ? I went Champion last league and really liked it, but the always on fortify seemed redundant since I wasn't really bothered by using leap slam+fortify+faster casting (which is what I was doing before I got that last always fortified node).

I can't decide between Slayer and Juggernaut, slightly leaning towards Juggernaut. Thoughts/opinions?

Edit: Performance; I've heard that their new sound engine might be causing some of these issues, a podcast I listen to suggested turning off reverb. I haven't tried it yet.

You can't really go wrong with slayer or juggernaut, both are good. My impression at the moment (playing slayer, currently levelling a jugg), is that slayer is better for clearspeed on easy-ish content due to the onslaught, 20% cull, and tons of radius bonuses to area abilities, and jugg is better for tough content and bosses where those bonuses don't matter nearly as much but durability does. I'm going to try juggernaut just because temporal chains and chilled ground annoy the gently caress out of me and the unstoppable node makes you immune to that poo poo.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

whypick1 posted:

Jeb needs to keep putting hilarious mashup music in his videos.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
crank dat (sephiroth)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
soulja boii

panda clue
May 23, 2014

"There is also a Divination Card coming for Varunastra."

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

soscannonballs posted:

Got my first Core map today. I forgot to start recording until Phase 2, but here is Jeb vs Malachai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bhJCHLxKA

You're fighting the final boss in a weird red environment, and there's a hammer involved. You should have used "Smithy Puts a Ring on It" from that album. :colbert:

https://valleyofwalls.bandcamp.com/track/smithy-puts-a-ring-on-it

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there an alternative to Marohi where I don't have to reduce my attack speed? Gotta go fast

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there an alternative to Marohi where I don't have to reduce my attack speed? Gotta go fast

Any other mace/axe

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bob NewSCART posted:

Faster attacks gem or any 400+ pdps 5/6L 2h maul/axe

Hauki
May 11, 2010

panda clue posted:

"There is also a Divination Card coming for Varunastra."

is there one coming for trypanon too?
otherwise what's the point in adding 3d art now

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I'll never stop putting lovely music in my videos.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Hauki posted:

is there one coming for trypanon too?
otherwise what's the point in adding 3d art now

because people pay them money to do it. also, there will likely be other ways to obtain it in the future (you can prolly get it from JitB now?).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cadiro probably will come back as a map mod or zana thing probably. (Or outright implemented in some way)

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Kild posted:

Cadiro probably will come back as a map mod or zana thing probably. (Or outright implemented in some way)

They've repeatedly said they had no plans to bring Cadiro back in the future.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

They've repeatedly said they had no plans to bring Cadiro back in the future.

I only ever saw it once saying they had no current plans. I extremely doubt it won't be added in some capacity considering its success.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
just was disconnected in the last area of a lab

gently caress this poo poo

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

I only ever saw it once saying they had no current plans. I extremely doubt it won't be added in some capacity considering its success.

Part of that was because it made a lot of expensive items cheap as gently caress. I doubt they want to give the economy such a permanent shakeup.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
RIP having three Tabulas two weeks into the league :smith:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Part of that was because it made a lot of expensive items cheap as gently caress. I doubt they want to give the economy such a permanent shakeup.

I think a lot of that was overstated. A lot of those items are still cheap as gently caress. Some even cheaper (without having associated prophecy) like Bino's.

Also they can tweak it in lots of ways to limit its negative impact like coin prices, spawn rates (of cadiro + boxes) and rarity.

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 15, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Kild posted:

I think a lot of that was overstated. A lot of those items are still cheap as gently caress. Some even cheaper (without having associated prophecy) like Bino's.

Doesnt Bino's have a prophecy?

Panda, when did you start discharging? I'm level 60, just completed cruel lab so I have Unflinching and Unrelenting, 6 endurance charges, and 4 link discharge is rear end. Had to try it in a tabula and it isnt so bad, but the damage still isn't great. Discharge is only level 14 so I know it needs more levels.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

Also they can tweak it in lots of ways to limit its negative impact like coin prices, spawn rates (of cadiro + boxes) and rarity.

If they do that then what's the point? Why even integrate something like that into the game if they'd have to nerf it into the ground so it doesn't affect the economy too much and make the game as a whole ezmode? If they raise coin prices then you have to farm boxes somehow for dozens of hours to get coins to buy anything valuable. If the boxes are rare then, again, you'll never have a significant amount of coins. If Cadiro himself is rare then you're waiting on his rare spawn rate AND to have an item worth anything. All for...what, really? Yet another random map spawn to watch for and more obnoxious FPS-killing enemy groups to worry about? It doesn't add anything significant to the game when he's not specifically there to feed you good, rare items.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 15, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Another thing to try for those who are getting worse performance on 2.3 is to add the PoE folder to your anti-virus exclusions.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Doesnt Bino's have a prophecy?

Panda, when did you start discharging? I'm level 60, just completed cruel lab so I have Unflinching and Unrelenting, 6 endurance charges, and 4 link discharge is rear end. Had to try it in a tabula and it isnt so bad, but the damage still isn't great. Discharge is only level 14 so I know it needs more levels.

Oh it does. Woops. Still, things like Mjolnir aren't the 5 or 10ex of old.

When you get singularity.

If they do that then what's the point? Why even integrate something like that into the game if they'd have to nerf it into the ground so it doesn't affect the economy too much and make the game as a whole ezmode? If they raise coin prices then you have to farm boxes somehow for dozens of hours to get coins to buy anything valuable. If the boxes are rare then, again, you'll never have a significant amount of coins. If Cadiro himself is rare then you're waiting on his rare spawn rate AND to have an item worth anything. All for...what, really? Yet another random map spawn to watch for and more obnoxious FPS-killing enemy groups to worry about? It doesn't add anything significant to the game when he's not specifically there to feed you good, rare items.

You could say the same thing about cards

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

Oh it does. Woops. Still things like Mjolnir aren't the 5 or 10ex of old.

When you get singularity.

You could say the same thing about cards

Mjolnir is also bad and nobody uses it now that non-Mjolnir Discharge is a thing. I bought a 5l Carcass Jack for my Trapper in Perandus for 40c two weeks into the league. They're 2ex right now.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mjolnir is also bad and nobody uses it now that non-Mjolnir Discharge is a thing.

I agree, but people were acting like the game was ending when Mjolnir was 30c.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What skills should be the first links into earthquake? Any other active skills I should be using in an earthquake build besides EQ itself?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
At minimum, you need to link Melee Physical Damage and Less Duration. After that, you have alot of options. Fortify is one, but you can instead use it on Leap Slam or something. Increased Area of Effect helps clearspeed, but that comes free with a Marohi. If using IAoE gem, you can swap it out with Concentrated Effect for boss fights. Added Fire is a generic damage boost.

I've even seen people use Rapid Decay to speed up the frequency of the secondary explosions, and that scales the bleeds and poisons. Might be worth with a fast weapon, and the earthquake duration helm enchant.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Faster Attacks is a good one for speed if your initial hit (so not the 2nd, bigger aoe) one or twoshots packs, I also keep it on for bosses even though rapid decay might have it beat on damage. My Marohi links were: melee phys, less duration, fortify, faster attacks. My 6L coronal maul links are: melee phys, less duration, fort, faster attacks, inc aoe/conc effect (mapping/uber bosses)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

What skills should be the first links into earthquake? Any other active skills I should be using in an earthquake build besides EQ itself?

Totems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhksmt5FQU0

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

I watched Ghuddas stream, and he gets gibbed by stuff jebquake just laughs at. Of course he has drastically higher clear speed, but that's not unique imo.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh yeah, if you're going crit with Hegemony's, you want an Increased Crit Strikes in there somewhere.

That was a fun juggernaut last league, but one frustrating thing was the streakiness of accuracy and actually landing your crits. Watching everything shatter was very satisfying, however.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Real Foogla posted:

I watched Ghuddas stream, and he gets gibbed by stuff jebquake just laughs at. Of course he has drastically higher clear speed, but that's not unique imo.

Isnt the point of a build a middle ground between not dying but actually getting something done in a reasonable timeframe?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Cadiro was a cool experiment in "what if PoE had gold?!". I don't ever see it coming to the base game, or even added in as a Zana mod. Maybe for a flashback league, absolutely. I really liked Perandus because it let me gently caress around with items that I normally would never have access to (at one point I had not one, not two, but THREE shavs) but I don't think it has a place in the base game. I think it really gave GGG a ton of user metrics too, and I think that the most common uniques/builds drove them to determine which prophecies were created. But it absolutely destroyed the economy (or rather, the Perandus economy was unlike any previous league's economy) and really killed the carrot on the stick mentality for a lot of people I think.

I see Prophecy as a refinement of both cards and Perandus league. You can only use them to get specific, controlled items (such as excellent leveling uniques or specific, mid-high level build enabling uniques) but there's still an element of randomness. You don't have to trade a number of them like cards, and the mechanics allow the developers to do cool non-item rewarding things. Yesterday I spent most of my time running prophecies instead of mindlessly mapping, and I think I'll do that today too. I can totally see them adding miss cleo to the base game, possibly as a master. They just need to tweak a few things and it's good to go.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I feel it needs to be toned a good amount though.
95% of all prophecies i get are flat out worthless with either the nth unique that sells for under 1c due to oversaturation or award simply nothing at all.
The rest are chains for the council or upgrade quests for the 2 or 3 that are worth it for specific builds.

The RNG is too heavily on getting the prophecy instead of rewarding it.
It should be split more, so that the rewards arent that finalized.
If i get another drillneck prophecy im bummed, since after day 1 it become simply a time/moneysink to get rid of it.

Some chains dont make sense at all, like the anarchy one.
A 4 step prophecy to get a set of 13 divination cards for a corrupted voltaxic. Amazing. Especially since theres also a one-step prophecy for a non-corrupted voltaxic.
The card set is pointless to begin with, having a quest for it doubly so. Quadruply after the voltaxic nerf. And then you could get a clean one for under 3c.

Prophecies should be rarer but more rewarding each.
Rewards should be randomized within certain parameters, such as "will drop a unique" or "unique weapon/jewelry/buttplug".
Also the "turn in 5 uniques for a random unique" should be available all the time at Navali, or even all vendors.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yeah, one of my main issues is 95% of the find item prop echoes literally cost me more to get rid of than I would get back from selling the item. And since the rare spawn rates are randomized rather than guaranteed, you're frequently faced with the choice of farming possibly for hours for a sub 1c unique or paying 1c worth of coins just to clear the poo poo out of your log.

Mind you, I actually like the idea as a whole, but I think it needs some further tweaking and refinement before it gets added to the game permanently.

Just spitballing now, but I'd kinda prefer if they broke the prophecies up into tiers, so you were way more likely to get stuff like wanderlust, geofri's, the transmute makes %ms boots, etc in normal, and by the time you hit maps it'd be more tempests (good or bad), extra map mods, funky exiles, merc/uber lab modifiers, etc. with a sprinkling of rarer 'kill x for a y in a map' that had actually decent rewards. I.e. have the free unique stuff occur much less commonly in the pool of endgame prophecies, and ideally up the variety of items/prophecies as well, so no one unique just bottoms out immediately. And personally I wouldn't mind more "bad" prophecies as opposed to wasting an hour trying to farm a sixth storm prison that I'll never use and never be able to sell.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hauki posted:

Yeah, one of my main issues is 95% of the find item prop echoes literally cost me more to get rid of than I would get back from selling the item. And since the rare spawn rates are randomized rather than guaranteed, you're frequently faced with the choice of farming possibly for hours for a sub 1c unique or paying 1c worth of coins just to clear the poo poo out of your log.

Mind you, I actually like the idea as a whole, but I think it needs some further tweaking and refinement before it gets added to the game permanently.

Just spitballing now, but I'd kinda prefer if they broke the prophecies up into tiers, so you were way more likely to get stuff like wanderlust, geofri's, the transmute makes %ms boots, etc in normal, and by the time you hit maps it'd be more tempests (good or bad), extra map mods, funky exiles, merc/uber lab modifiers, etc. with a sprinkling of rarer 'kill x for a y in a map' that had actually decent rewards. I.e. have the free unique stuff occur much less commonly in the pool of endgame prophecies, and ideally up the variety of items/prophecies as well, so no one unique just bottoms out immediately. And personally I wouldn't mind more "bad" prophecies as opposed to wasting an hour trying to farm a sixth storm prison that I'll never use and never be able to sell.

I like the idea of buying a tier of prophecy.
Like at the beginning of the league you might want to get those leveling uniques, and later the upgrades and then some top tiers.
Each with price increases of course.

I mean the idea of upgrading uniques is amazing, but id have needed them at lvl 30 instead of 80. Back then an upgraded reverberation rod would have been awesome, now its alch shards at best.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

It also doesn't help that 90% of the upgraded uniques are still trash while 10% are insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Haerc posted:

Which ascendency should I use for softcore EQ? I went Champion last league and really liked it, but the always on fortify seemed redundant since I wasn't really bothered by using leap slam+fortify+faster casting (which is what I was doing before I got that last always fortified node).

I can't decide between Slayer and Juggernaut, slightly leaning towards Juggernaut. Thoughts/opinions?

Edit: Performance; I've heard that their new sound engine might be causing some of these issues, a podcast I listen to suggested turning off reverb. I haven't tried it yet.

Juggernaut hands down. JEB!Quake (aka poisonquake) owns. You're super mega tanky while still pooping out damage.

• Locked thread