Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Solarin posted:

oh wait this is what I meant to post

Nobody quoted your dogdrugs picture, but I like it so I'm going to.

e: babydogge morning supersnype

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Just saw it was discussed later in the thread, so my apologies for taking your times commandos o9

But still, it's loving bizarre that they took this solution to the problem instead of, oh you know, not doubling down on a poor engine decision

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ComfyPants posted:

The difference is that one guy's spouse, in a show of good faith and solidarity to their German friends, gave a rousing performance of Deutschland Uber Alles, and the other guy is Benito Mussolini.

Probably the greatest tragedy in the Fart Shitizen saga was when a German shitizen alerted them that Sandi sang the nazi anthem before a goon could save it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Furia posted:

Just saw it was discussed later in the thread, so my apologies for taking your times commandos o9

But still, it's loving bizarre that they took this solution to the problem instead of, oh you know, not doubling down on a poor engine decision

I thought you were being ironic since that's pretty much what toops was saying

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Nobody quoted your dogdrugs picture, but I like it so I'm going to.

e: babydogge morning supersnype

LOOK AT THIS DOG

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

LOOK AT THIS DOG

Looks like that dog got shrunken down and is glitching out

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Berious posted:

Looks like that dog got shrunken down and is glitching out

Right after that picture was taken he clipped through the floor, locked into a T-pose, and has been there ever since.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Furia posted:

CIG.txt

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Beet Wagon posted:

Right after that picture was taken he clipped through the floor, locked into a T-pose, and has been there ever since.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
Dog should not clip through floor.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
************NSFW language************

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwNh6Wl7XsA&t=8s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/743054104600182784

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

2Weeks :f5:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I look forward to reading this over hyped summary of information we already know. Will it be available in the next two weeks?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

I look forward to reading this over hyped summary of information we already know. Will it be available in the next two weeks?

Information about availability will be available in two weeks.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

Derek's blogs are like the Readers Digest for non-goons.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Junk Puncher posted:

I'm not focusing on whether or not the PID systems are in and working.

I'm saying it's a stupid idea to even think of using that system. In the real world you have PID controllers to compensate for real world problems. i.e. Physical things can't be perfectly modeled, so you get as close as you can and make corrections as you go.

In a game, you don't need a PID because you have control over the game.

Example: I created a PID to keep a wheel spinning at a user-settable speed regardless of load. Ideally, you would say x power @ y load = z speed, but that only works on paper. In the real world, you have to monitor the speed, and make changes on the fly to how much power you're outputting, otherwise your speed will be off. A PID controller is a constant guess and check.
In a game, you just tell the drat thing to spin however fast you want.

:cig: logic:
I want to turn left...
use look up table for this ship's ability to turn left[
calculate turn needs
simulate power distribution
simulate turning
simulate previous calculations being off (this will always happen in real world, never in simulation)
simulate minor adjustments to calculations
repeat

In short, not only was this a big engineering debt, it served literally no purpose, and no one would feel the effects, ever. Like one of those boxes with an on switch that just turns itself off.

I´m fully with you.

I also believe that cultists will not care about this at all for as long as the impact of having it represents moar fideliteh and allows them to support a claim to the BDSSE title. Which is all that this really does: Allow CIG to claim BDSSE.

The thing is I have the suspicion that the system has not been properly implemented anyways and it still cheats big time. Now, that is something cultists can understand better, if it was possible to confirm explicitly.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I thought you were being ironic since that's pretty much what toops was saying

Nope, just really bad at reading comprehension, sorry :eng99:

Also: does anyone have that clip of Derek yelling LET ME loving FINISH? I've never seen it and would like to

Also 2: what happened to Lazrin? Miss that guy

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Furia posted:

Also 2: what happened to Lazrin? Miss that guy

Sandi ordered the account abandoned after we didn't all turn on G0RF like they expected we would. Don't worry, they'll be back on another account in a couple months.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Inkel posted:

Sandi ordered the account abandoned after we didn't all turn on G0RF like they expected we would. Don't worry, they'll be back on another account in a couple months.

Stay safe, commando. It is clear you are performing corporate espionage with such insider knowledge. :patriot:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I bashed this out really quick, but here's the fuckin' thread logo.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Xaerael posted:

Rad

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Stay safe, commando. It is clear you are performing corporate espionage with such insider knowledge. :patriot:

I am Sandi :ssh:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Xaerael posted:

Put the Something Awful grenade logo on that collar tag and we're rocking.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Inkel posted:

I am Sandi :ssh:

Put in my two weeks. I am "discoing" my way out

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

That's loving awesome and good. I'm glad of it.

Scruffpuff posted:

:same:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Scruffpuff posted:

As you wish

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Derek's blogs are like the Readers Digest for non-goons.

Seriously, they aren't intended for us.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

As you wish

Just found my newest wallpaper :worship:

The eyes are giving me uncontrollable laughter

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

When it all comes crashing down, I hope someone spills the beans and it turns out all the speculation about interns monitoring this thread and paid shill accounts are actually true.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

What people didn't know till now is I had Overwatch minimized while doing the edit, so the title screen version of this was playing in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-LWFItiWeg

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Will Derek's New Blog Shed New Light on Star Citizen?

June 15, 2017 - The industry is abuzz with the announcement that Derek Smart, self-proclaimed Internet Warlord and independent game developer, will be releasing a new blog about Star Citizen. "I'm very excited," said one unnamed individual we interviewed at this year's E3 convention. "Those blogs are always full of brand new information that otherwise would never see the light of day. I'm glad of it."

Derek Smart also was upbeat about his upcoming blog. "This project - as pitched - will never see the light of day. That's why I said, back in my July blog, that when the original TOS was created..." Derek continued for some time, but the reporters ran out of available memory on their recording devices.

Not everyone was pleased with the news. "This is an issue of a jealous butthurt special snowflake who just wishes he could be as cool as me," said Sandra Roberts, speaking as a lone voice amongst a crowd of otherwise professional game industry veterans, most of which were half her age. "Behind me is a chicken."

"I just came from martial arts training," she added.

Star Citizen is a non-functioning Crysis mod that is being worked on by hundreds of people in at least 4 studios located around the world. It is hoped that eventually, this mod can be used as the basis for a game of some kind.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Sandweed posted:

When it all comes crashing down, I hope someone spills the beans and it turns out all the speculation about interns monitoring this thread and paid shill accounts are actually true.

We have like half a dozen confirmed instances of them clearly reading this thread. Some poor sap is doing it. Like me

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

What people didn't know till now is I had Overwatch minimized while doing the edit, so the title screen version of this was playing in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-LWFItiWeg

That seems like fantastic music to edit an image to.

"Honey, you don't understand, this picture of a stupid dogface is very important right now. If you could hear the music you'd understand the gravity of this situation."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man, I kinda want that SA grenade collar tag now.

Funny story, he has his fishbone tag because when we were driving home from getting him we had to stop at a PetSmart in bumfuck Georgia to get him a collar and some food and poo poo, and the only tags their tag machine had were for cattes. So he got a sweet fishbone catte tag and then I was too lazy to replace it.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SirViver posted:

Sorry for the derail; I wish Star Citizen had a garbage collecting mechanism. It'd save each user about 30GB of hard drive space...

I'm thinking perhaps the USER folder is their garbage collecting mechanism. That would explain why they want you to empty it after each update. :shrug:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Funny story, he has his fishbone tag because when we were driving home from getting him we had to stop at a PetSmart in bumfuck Georgia to get him a collar and some food and poo poo, and the only tags their tag machine had were for cattes. So he got a sweet fishbone catte tag and then I was too lazy to replace it.

You've just answered the housemate's question of "Why is he wearing a catte collar?"

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

June 15, 2017 - The industry is abuzz with the announcement that Derek Smart, self-proclaimed Internet Warlord and independent game developer, will be releasing a new blog about Star Citizen. "I'm very excited," said one unnamed individual we interviewed at this year's E3 convention. "Those blogs are always full of brand new information that otherwise would never see the light of day. I'm glad of it."

Derek Smart also was upbeat about his upcoming blog. "This project - as pitched - will never see the light of day. That's why I said, back in my July blog, that when the original TOS was created..." Derek continued for some time, but the reporters ran out of available memory on their recording devices.

Not everyone was pleased with the news. "This is an issue of a jealous butthurt special snowflake who just wishes he could be as cool as me," said Sandra Roberts, speaking as a lone voice amongst a crowd of otherwise professional game industry veterans, most of which were half her age. "Behind me is a chicken."

Star Citizen is a non-functioning Crysis mod that is being worked on by hundreds of people in at least 4 studios located around the world. It is hoped that eventually, this mod can be used as the basis for a game of some kind.

Such a click-bait title, ignored. Also, our warlord's full name is Dr. Derek "LET ME loving FINISH" Smart

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

:vince:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

You've just answered the housemate's question of "Why is he wearing a catte collar?"

I assumed someone with extensive knowledge of catte fashions would ask. Figured I'd nip it in the bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Prease don't even change / replace the fishbone collar, Your Tortoise just looks so Spiffy wearing it.

• Locked thread