Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

This is still my favorite thing. Harry Ord's idea of fancy dresswear is apparently inspired by referees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I'm trying to get through SEED and I can't loving do it. The copycat suit designs, lackluster VA, needlessly complicated 'technical' dialogue and worst of all extremely lazy animation.
I.. I can't loving do it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

slightpirate posted:

I'm trying to get through SEED and I can't loving do it. The copycat suit designs, lackluster VA, needlessly complicated 'technical' dialogue and worst of all extremely lazy animation.

It DOES get better near the end...but getting there is the hard part.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

VolticSurge posted:

It DOES get better near the end...but getting there is the hard part.

The kernel of corn at the end of your poo poo sundae, as it were

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slightpirate posted:

Why are you not watching it Subbed when it has an all Star Japanese cast?*

*Except Kira who who cries like a seal getting strangled poorly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

oohhboy posted:

Why are you not watching it Subbed when it has an all Star Japanese cast?*

*Except Kira who who cries like a seal getting strangled poorly.

Dub has Dub Rau, though. :allears:

MANKIND VANQUISHED, AT LAST! JUST AS THEY DESERVE!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Patter Song posted:

This is still my favorite thing. Harry Ord's idea of fancy dresswear is apparently inspired by referees.

My favorite Harry Ord moment comes much later, but it pretty much locked him down as The Coolest Dude.

What do you do when your own government has labeled you a traitor? Fight back? Hide? Try to clear your name?

See, these are your options if you are a regular sucker, and sticking with them is why you're still a sucker.

Harry Ord, meanwhile, hears the broadcast denouncing him, shrugs and goes "That's true-ish." and then flies off to the command ship of the woman hunting him down, notices she has a cold, and kisses her right on the mouth as a way of forcing her to take some cold medicine before flying off again as everyone pretty much goes "What a guy!"

Harry Ord, man. His lack of fashion sense is only matched by his amazing ability everywhere else.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

muike posted:

I could be remembering incorrectly or basing this on translation liberties but the original works focus less on evolution and more on it being a stage of human development and adaptation to a new "freer" environment.

That's correct yeah

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

slightpirate posted:

That stuff is a consistent factor throughout the show so you're probably not gonna feel any different if you force yourself through it.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I chewed through five episodes to see if I could connect with any of the characters. The inept genderbent Bright Noa analogue, captain of the Archangel, is one of the most shouty characters for no real reason.

"DEPLOY ANTI-BEAM DEPTH CHARGES AND ROLL PORT 30 DEGREES"

I'm not sure she understands how depth charges work.. in space..

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

slightpirate posted:

I chewed through five episodes to see if I could connect with any of the characters. The inept genderbent Bright Noa analogue, captain of the Archangel, is one of the most shouty characters for no real reason.

"DEPLOY ANTI-BEAM DEPTH CHARGES AND ROLL PORT 30 DEGREES"

I'm not sure she understands how depth charges work.. in space..

You release them in a directional spray that isn't down, and they float on inertia to detonate the same as if they sunk in water? It's not a hard thing to comprehend.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Treating space like a metaphorical sea is cool

See: everything Leiji Matsumoto ever made

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Srice posted:

Treating space like a metaphorical sea is cool

See: everything Leiji Matsumoto ever made

In Matsumoto's case it's not so much metaphorical as literal in some of his stuff. Like, Yamato straight up reuses marine vocabulary for everything. :v:

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

In Matsumoto's case it's not so much metaphorical as literal in some of his stuff. Like, Yamato straight up reuses marine vocabulary for everything. :v:

Two words - Dimensional Submarine.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

laughed at that scene

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is there an actual date for the first Gundam Breaker 3 DLC? I'm still not quite sure I'll be able to get it on the account I'm playing on.

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
Nobody announces anything regarding SEA games. Current conventional wisdom is we're looking at another month before you can lift the DLC key directly from a SEA PSN rather than forking it from the JPN PSN (JPN got it a couple days ago, with the v1.10 patch distributing globally) via PS4 multi-account weirdness, same as with the game's original release.

Why there'd be that delay, I don't know, as players who've done the key-forking haven't reported any localization weirdness regarding Break Dias/Shiki J parts yet, or their mission. Then again I haven't seen any trip reports for said mission either from any revision of v1.10.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had a really dumb Gundam idea at work. An otome game based on GBF, where the different routes are different Gundam protagonists as Gunpla fighters. The Setsuna route features a tense love triangle between you, him, and Gundam, which is very hard to overcome.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Darth Walrus posted:

And just for variety's sake...

KH3 going in an interesting direction :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I had a really dumb Gundam idea at work. An otome game based on GBF, where the different routes are different Gundam protagonists as Gunpla fighters. The Setsuna route features a tense love triangle between you, him, and Gundam, which is very hard to overcome.

The Char route features nothing but bad ends.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm sad this will never happen because I have strong opinions on cute Gundam boys.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Hey Heero, wanna come to my birthday party?

*Rips up invitation* "I'll kill you."

Heero love points up!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Logicblade posted:

Hey Heero, wanna come to my birthday party?

*Rips up invitation* "I'll kill you."

Heero love points up!

I'd buy this in a second.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I think I'd go for the Loran path first but ultimately end up preferring the Judau path

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'd write Loran's route as a Princess Kaguya story, where there's always something off about him, but it turns out he's from the moon and he has to go back, and you have to be "No, baby, I love you too much, gently caress the moon!"

Also you have to keep him from gettin so naked.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd write Loran's route as a Princess Kaguya story, where there's always something off about him, but it turns out he's from the moon and he has to go back, and you have to be "No, baby, I love you too much, gently caress the moon!"

You could have the psychopath route where you straight up destroy the moon to prevent Loran from going back there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hell yes, ultimate gently caress The Moon. I love it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Waffleman_ posted:

Why would you want to keep Loran from getting naked? Is it like Spec Ops where you're a bad person for doing what the game says?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Amuro route is all about getting the shut in to leave his drat room and clean up, even though he never gets more than cutely disheveled. You try to get him used to social situations and he just keeps yelling at everyone.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The GIG posted:

You try to get him used to social situations and he just keeps yelling at everyone.

no that's kamille

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Halfway through the Scirocco route, the game starts playing itself.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

The Jerid route is hard mode.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Someone shop that photo of char looking thoughtfully at a glass of whiskey into a glass of animal crackers

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

extremely good

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He identifies the one shaped like a wolf.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kurui Reiten posted:

The Jerid route is hard mode.

I keep trying it but each time Kamille accidentally runs me over with his car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

PBS Newshour posted:

I keep trying it but each time Kamille accidentally runs me over with his car.

You go to confess to Jerid and Kamille trips you so you fall down the stairs.

You meet Jerid on the roof and Kamille knocks you off the side.

Meet him on a road near the school and Kamille hits you in the head with a baseball after getting a home run.