Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Separate post for additional E3 info from reddit/other sources.

Crime War

A beta was available. It is indeed FPS on a mobile device. Heisters get points for setting drills and keeping them going (and for kills), cops get points for breaking drills and for kills. There's massive autoaim. Folks weren't impressed.

New Heist

The second day, on a moving train, was available. The target is some sort of mind-machine interface thing. There was a boss enemy, but the game was set to normal so they died too fast for folks to know what they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Separate post for additional E3 info from reddit/other sources.

Crime War

A beta was available. It is indeed FPS on a mobile device. Heisters get points for setting drills and keeping them going (and for kills), cops get points for breaking drills and for kills. There's massive autoaim. Folks weren't impressed.

New Heist

The second day, on a moving train, was available. The target is some sort of mind-machine interface thing. There was a boss enemy, but the game was set to normal so they died too fast for folks to know what they were.

Crime War..Sounds like something i'd only download for a mask code or two.

New heist though..Moving train...my god, I will only play this heist with the bandana/hat, repeater rifle, and revolver.

I'm ready.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 15, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Plan Z posted:

What are you playing it on? I'd like to have some info available to console players in the OP, but I only really know that the 360/PS3 versions should probably be avoided.

My other big project is tracking down live-action trailers and the like for the OP and linking them in a way that doesn't look like poo poo.

Xbox 1
I recommend the game. I would probably still recommend last gen too though for whatever that is worth. I played the gently caress outta this on 360. 360/PS3 had one update (transports and gage weapons #1).

Reports are that ovk will not release any info for console during e3 which is disappointing as I think many of us thought this was a good chance at some solid news. Hopefully they will acknowledge console in some way this week.

The update will have birth of sky but there is nothing else that has been discussed.

The X1/ps4 versions shipped with all content up to bomb heist/dragan. Including the music mixer stuff for jobs and menus- which owns. X1 has had 1 minor update that completely changed Crimenet. Ps4 no updates. Cannot speak for ps4 but X1 does not allow host to set minimum level for joining players. That is probably my main gripe I guess.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
EQUIP A PERK DECK

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

BillmasterCozb posted:

Crime War..Sounds like something i'd only download for a mask code or two.

New heist though..Moving train...my god, I will only play this heist with the bandana/hat, repeater rifle, and revolver.

You forgot to mention the part about all the heisters in T-poses with their gear floating around them. :q:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Coolguye posted:

EQUIP A PERK DECK

He did. "!!!" is the Deathvox Perk Deck.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Coolguye posted:

EQUIP A PERK DECK

Probably like 20% of X1 players are oblivious to perk decks. I've posted this before but most offenders actually were casual 360 players that don't realize tier bonuses are gone.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

You forgot to mention the part about all the heisters in T-poses with their gear floating around them. :q:

Hell yeah, any time's as good as now to post the CORRECT mods to have

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Malek posted:

He did. "!!!" is the Deathvox Perk Deck.

I think !!! is the sociopath perk deck. I briefly considered disabling perk decks for Death Vox, but that would be very unfun. Balancing loud combat around the prk decks and new weapons/skills is a nightmare, though.

vvvv idgi

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 15, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

but that would be very unfun.

:ironicat:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

I think !!! is the sociopath perk deck.

CORRECT, also

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

soooo...you would prefer that Death Vox disable perk decks? I mean, it removes a lot of variety from gameplay to do that.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Day 2 is here and its about the heists.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Day 2 of Bikers: http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/834670764075235026

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The Website finally updated for day 2 and OH GOD THE TRAIN IS MOVING AND TRUCKS/TURRETS ARE FOLLOWING US AND FIRING AT US.

Choo-Choo Motherfucker.

The axes are a throw-able, more fun version of cards. Depending on how much damage they do, they may give throwing stars a run for their money. But since the SMG is gun tied to the Heist, we gotta wait another day to see that loving shotty. :mad:

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 15, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Lion's den?! Dammit. More freaking secret hints...

but the big news:

Driveable bikes.

Probably the boss enemy I mentioned earlier:

gently caress gently caress gently caress that's a mercurius symbol on the throwing axe

sssssseeeeeecrett

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 15, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Maybe you just have lovely teammates.

Remind us what you've spent on skins?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Discendo Vox posted:

soooo...you would prefer that Death Vox disable perk decks? I mean, it removes a lot of variety from gameplay to do that.

well theres another answer here, that is for you to find

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Zigmidge posted:

Remind us what you've spent on skins?

I'll have a final tally when I'm done buying them.

e: anyone know what that SMG is supposed to be?

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 15, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'll have a final tally when I'm done buying them.

e: anyone know what that SMG is supposed to be?

Reddit says CZ 805 Bren. Looks about right?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Should've been a UMP :argh:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
We'll get the UMP at the same time we get underbarrel grenade launchers.

Never.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

well theres another answer here, that is for you to find

I already told you, dude, I'm not removing all skills for Death Vox.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
Wilko, for some future release of GoonMod, would it be possible to make sentries drop already switched to AP mode, and possibly locking them to it? They seem to be flat-out superior to regular sentries as far as I can tell, and hearing one blow through all its ammo when I forget to switch it to AP makes me extremely sad.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

I didn't know you were putting any skill into it :smuggo:

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Netflix was down earlier so I finally watched Hardcore Henry. It was SPECIFICALLY made for a Payday 2 tie in right?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

so you're removing some skills then

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Sykic posted:

We'll get the UMP at the same time we get underbarrel grenade launchers.

Never.

*cough*

http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=16340

(It's super loving rough, but kinda neat.)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

so you're removing some skills then

just the good ones-you have nothing to worry about

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 15, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

lol

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So the only skill left is ammo efficiency?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

:golfclap:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

:iceburn:

Vox is also going to make the mspaint HUD mandatory (difficulty increase!) so at least you have that going for you, Bill.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This makes me think Overkill could probably make M203/GP-25 grenades as a new throwable, but one that you obviously can't throw by hand, and have those be the ammo source for underslung GLs, if they wanted to add them in.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

:iceburn:

Vox is also going to make the mspaint HUD mandatory (difficulty increase!) so at least you have that going for you, Bill.

HUD? what hud?

UnknownMercenary posted:

So the only skill left is ammo efficiency?

I've built a custom Death Vox skilltree from the greatest hits of payday. Increased speed on ladders, access to the saw, increased loose cash value...you can even reduce the sound radius on drills by 85%!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 15, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I've built a custom Death Vox skilltree from the greatest hits of payday. Increased speed on ladders, access to the saw, increased loose cash value...you can even reduce the sound radius on drills by 85%!

I can't believe you'd leave out Brother's Keeper.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Anyone have a suit/LBV melee build they wanna share? I'm kind of up for something new, and trying out a lot of stuck that's having mixed results.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lemon-Lime posted:

Make sure IPHLPAPI.dll is in the root of your Payday 2 directory, alongside the mods folder, which contains a bunch of system folders (base, downloads, logs, saves). Make sure the Goonmod folder is inside the mods folder, not in the root of your Payday 2 directory or any of those system folders.

If it's all working you should see the following on the main screen, because Goonmod hasn't been updated yet and is auto-disabled anyway:

(You can go to Options > Mods > Goonmod and force-enable it.)
This was a few pages ago, but thanks for the help. I had the "goonmod master" folder in the mods folder, rather than the "goonmod" folder itself there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Plan Z posted:

Anyone have a suit/LBV melee build they wanna share? I'm kind of up for something new, and trying out a lot of stuck that's having mixed results.

Yeah. You've got at least two options. This is the foundation for an Anarchist LBV build. You'll need to figure out what deployable you're bringing and what kinds of weapons you want to use, and allocate the rest of your points accordingly. You can ace Shock and Awe at your discretion. I'd probably run with shotguns, since you're going to be close anyway, and it makes getting headshots for Bullseye trivial.

The other option is a suit-based Anarchist/dodge build. It's somewhat more point-intensive, but you can probably customize to taste. As above, you need to make a few final decisions for yourself to finish out the build.

Keep in mind that both of these builds are very fragile. If your armor breaks, you're almost always dead. The good news is that, with an appropriate melee weapon, you can basically one-shot almost all enemies.