Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

It also doesn't help that 90% of the upgraded uniques are still trash while 10% are insane

Most of those are BiS for roundabout 5-10 levels, then are beaten by any decently rolled rare.
And you wont have them in those 5-10 levels unless you buy them for an alch, which is good, and later get them yourself to sell them for an alch, which is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

StashAugustine posted:

It also doesn't help that 90% of the upgraded uniques are still trash while 10% are insane

Which are the valuable ones? I got the Amplification Rod, which is part of the 90% part.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Which are the valuable ones? I got the Amplification Rod, which is part of the 90% part.

Kaom's Way, Voidheart.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would be happy if they made the leveling item + upgrade item prophecies cheap as poo poo to seal at merciless. Like, one to two coins. I also kinda wish they had a cooldown on the key quest chains. I have like 1.75 keys now and the quests for the first three have already started up again before I got the last one.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I would be happy if they made the leveling item + upgrade item prophecies cheap as poo poo to seal at merciless. Like, one to two coins. I also kinda wish they had a cooldown on the key quest chains. I have like 1.75 keys now and the quests for the first three have already started up again before I got the last one.

Yeah, I would be okay with this too. It's when I have to spend 8-13 coins to seal them that I get annoyed.
And ditto on the quest chains, I keep getting feral lord and the maw one over and over again.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

realm ender is worth a bunch linked.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kild posted:

Kaom's Way, Voidheart.

kaoms way was 3-4c on day 1

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
cauterisers are also pretty valuable, buy a limbsplitter with >98% physical damage for a chaos, add one unit fate prophecy, shake, sell for 5-10 chaos

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

baram. posted:

realm ender is worth a bunch linked.

Everything is worth a bunch when (5-6) linked.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Also i dunn oif its known, but if you get a poo poo one like frogs, and the zone tells you its active here, you can re-open the zone and the prophecy is gone (from your log).

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Also i dunn oif its known, but if you get a poo poo one like frogs, and the zone tells you its active here, you can re-open the zone and the prophecy is gone (from your log).

I will happily buy all of your frog prophecies~

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Doomfletch Prism is pretty good too.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
plenty of good uniques, people just assume they aren't good until mathil makes an mlg video showcasing him doing atziri at 3k hp using the item

gonadic io posted:

Doomfletch Prism is pretty good too.

great example of this. this bow easily has potential to be one of the best ele bows in the game

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The March Hare posted:

I will happily buy all of your frog prophecies~

Were you the goon doing frogs + vaults of atziri? How did that end up working out?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

panda clue posted:

plenty of good uniques, people just assume they aren't good until mathil makes an mlg video showcasing him doing atziri at 3k hp using the item

great example of this. this bow easily has potential to be one of the best ele bows in the game

Man, I had a hell of time trying to see the difference between the base and upgraded Doomfletch...that one word makes a hell of a difference.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Voidhearts were 40-50c like a day or two ago on PSC, now they're all 80c+.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

J posted:

If you don't mind Bameth hunting, the prophecy prices are still lagging behind. :ssh:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

J posted:

expect them to only go up as standard-flippers buy up all the cheap ones.

whypick1 posted:

Man, I had a hell of time trying to see the difference between the base and upgraded Doomfletch...that one word makes a hell of a difference.

I honestly think not many people are trying to use this thing because its not immediately obvious how good it could be until you really read the mod and think about it. I'd probably make a guy that uses it, but I'm too busy working on a Reach of the Council trap/mine mirror arrow pet build.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 15, 2016

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

J posted:

Glad I bought one yesterday, should of loaded up on prophecies too

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Regarding Chin Sol's modifier of "100% More Bow Damage at Close Range", is that completely superceded by a bow with the damage per shot being double? Assuming the same crit chance and attack speed.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

panda clue posted:

I honestly think not many people are trying to use this thing because its not immediately obvious how good it could be until you really read the mod and think about it. I'd probably make a guy that uses it, but I'm too busy working on a Reach of the Council trap/mine mirror arrow pet build.

I guess a high phys crit build would probably work best with this? bow looks super fun and I feel like leveling something else.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

queeb posted:

I guess a high phys crit build would probably work best with this? bow looks super fun and I feel like leveling something else.

yea, with all the flat phys on the planet (meginords, abyssus, gloves, rings, amulet), since flat phys is four times as effective with that bow (phys/cold/lightning/fire).

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

queeb posted:

If you level one up keep in mind it hits a slump around like 40-55~ where your damage and survivability are both sort of subpar compared to other archetypes. Don't be afraid to respec some stuff to make it easier, my current character felt like rear end until I got my second Cruel ascendancies and filled out a few crit nodes + a curse on hit setup, then it felt great again.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

panda clue posted:

yea, with all the flat phys on the planet (meginords, abyssus, gloves, rings, amulet), since flat phys is four times as effective with that bow (phys/cold/lightning/fire).
Huh. Might have to roll that. The bow's super cheap right now too!

Abyssus is still an ex, though, ouch. Still wanted one of those for my FB Shield Charge guy. :(

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Not gonna post the exact math but Doomfletch needs total ~740 ele damage to outdamage a perfect geared Windripper build (one with all 20/20 gems and multi-exalt items in every slot). If you subtract all the flat +ele damage auras, jewels, and base weapon damage (since we're assuming you use the same build), you need around 130 ele damage to match WR.

130 ele damage = just under 40 flat phys. Meginord's gives 10, Drillneck gives 19 (you lose the crit stats and WED on a Spike Point but gain 100% proj damage if you go pierce), Amulet gives up to 18, Rings give up to 12. It's very easy to match WR damage with Doomfletch, even before factoring in that some of those sources of flat ele might have better alternatives. Look up a Windripper build, remember that you can choose to NOT skip the efficient phys bow damage nodes, and go hog wild. Also because more of your damage is tied up in Meginord's, Drillneck, and the bow itself, you have more damage before your gems all hit lvl 20.

E: this is ignoring the phys damage you deal entirely. There is also an alternative way where you pretend you're a pure phys build and take all the phys bow damage boosts you can. I don't know if that's better than pretending you're a pure ele build and just throwing on flat phys.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 15, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

J posted:

I'm sure this is due to flippers buying them out. Oh well, rip the 2 Voidhearts I made from prophecies for 30c and sold at 45. Hint: if you see a Bameth on a Beyond map, go buy a Blackheart and the prophecy. It's easy profit. Once I get more established in the league I'll probably just go ahead and buy some extras of all the good Fated upgrades so I can have them if they don't get ported to the permanent game.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Brb listing blackhearts for cheap and running into their maps when they join to trade to complete the prophecy. Cadiro scam returns!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

killstealing posted:

it shot up to 20c on hc

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
The Juggernaut discharger isn't as much fun as I'd hoped it would be. I really don't want to play EQ again. I'm basically broke and looking to finance a Grand Spectrum build. I have a tremor rod and realm ender. Any good fun cheap build ideas to make around those?

E: nm I think oro flicker is what I'm looking for

climboutonalimb fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 15, 2016

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
What dont you like about it? I had loads of fun on my RF IW Discharger a couple of leagues back so I didn't have any of this broken Juggernaut poo poo helping out

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

killstealing posted:

haha awesome, i mulched mine in the 5 to 1 prophecy because i thought they were poo poo

e: oh nvm, i mulched the unupgraded ones kaom's sign

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

dexefiend posted:

A pseudo 6L wand is trash? It might not be valuable but it's in no definition bad. It's just not clearly flat out powercreep broken like Voidheart.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Well poo poo, the small stutters I was experiencing are because of the headsman slayer node. The video in that thread is exactly what happens to me. Someone mentioned the elementalist node that does the same reflect reduction can exhibit the same problem. :cripes:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

To be clear the 90% stuff I'm talking about is stuff like Ezomyte Hold. Peak is a pretty good leveling unique, but then it has you go through a prophecy to give it 'immune to stun' which is decent but unlikely to extend its lifespan

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

What dont you like about it? I had loads of fun on my RF IW Discharger a couple of leagues back so I didn't have any of this broken Juggernaut poo poo helping out

It's fine but just not the playstyle I'm looking for at the moment. And to be honest, the constant "rink rink rink" sounds every time my charges are used or time out just drives me up the wall. I should double check if flicker has the same noise issue before I commit to leveling a duelist.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Question for Juggernauts with Unrelenting: Do you use CwDT + Immortal Call? And if so, do you level it or not? I only have Unflinching, but I'm using a low level CwDT + IC + Increased Duration, and I'm tempted to level it so I can throw Molten Shell in there.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Question for Juggernauts with Unrelenting: Do you use CwDT + Immortal Call? And if so, do you level it or not? I only have Unflinching, but I'm using a low level CwDT + IC + Increased Duration, and I'm tempted to level it so I can throw Molten Shell in there.

I use self-cast IC for a discharger because I want complete control of where my charges are going. Any other build, I would probably use a mid-leveled cwdt, possibly maxing it out if you have 6k+ HP.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I run maxed out CWDT linked to max level IC, Blood Rage, and Stone Golem. It goes off all the time and even without Increased Duration it lasts 7 seconds.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
lv20 cwdt with lv20 IC, only goes off when fighting bosses and I never die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Depends entirely on how much hp you have. I have lvl20 cwdt but I have 8.5k hp. If you have less than 5k I'd leave it at 1. Otherwise, work your way up to where you feel comfortable.

• Locked thread