Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
lol at this game and lol that it still has defenders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

punk rebel ecks posted:

People say they can't do that because Capcom will "Go back on their word about no revisions."

They just got done lying to us about 8 frames, I don't see why they couldn't lie about that, other than that second thing would take actual effort.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

A.o.D. posted:

They just got done lying to us about 8 frames, I don't see why they couldn't lie about that, other than that second thing would take actual effort.

yeah they wont do the second cause it would cost them money and time.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i hope the capcom usa branch puts out a statement that the lag wasn't intentional and they have no clue what capcom japan is talking about

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Didn't they say the other day they were "investigating" the lag? :confused:

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
God I wish I had spent my 60bux on a line of coke and a below average hooker instead of this trainwreck of a game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

bad metaphors posted:

Didn't they say the other day they were "investigating" the lag? :confused:

Yeah they investigated and found out that they didn't know it was intentional. So simple. Bing bong bing bing bong.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

get ready for capcom usa to make hyper sfv and forget to tell japan

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
You know how some games are labors of love?

This is the exact opposite.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whenever this blows over i hope at least they won't hire dimps to make a fighter again.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Honestly you guys should cut your losses, give up and buy GGXRDREVwords. It's a wonderful game and has enough content to make anyone happy. It deserves $60 and feels like the developers love the game and the fact that people want to enjoy themselves. I was mad bummed about SFV and GG felt like heaven even as a casual.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

Honestly you guys should cut your losses, give up and buy GGXRDREVwords. It's a wonderful game and has enough content to make anyone happy. It deserves $60 and feels like the developers love the game and the fact that people want to enjoy themselves. I was mad bummed about SFV and GG felt like heaven even as a casual.

we already did this thread is for posting about the ongoing car crash of sfv. nobody has posted a combo or matchup advice in like 20 pages.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

rev does lack one single thing that sfv has that is actually good

a pc release

so anyone lacking a ps3 or ps4 is pmuch left eating poo poo right now

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Rev has 100% of a game on consoles while SF5 has 50% of a game on consoles and PC.

It evens out.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Kilometers Davis posted:

yeah but Slayer is still bad so eh

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the real slayer is back now only it's a korean girl in a gundam

with a fireball

and a really annoying special move input for her version of big bang upper

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Kum is nothing like Slayer

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh that's too bad because i'm being 100% serious when i say this

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I think I have gone through three cycles now of where I bookmark this thread because of its SF5 discussion only to remove the bookmark a few days later due to anime posting.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh noes were ruining the sfv discussion

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Love Stole the Day posted:

I think I have gone through three cycles now of where I bookmark this thread because of its SF5 discussion only to remove the bookmark a few days later due to anime posting.

same except opposite, im hear for the anime

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
SFV has one thing I really wish GG had, which is reversal timing recording in training mode

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Booyah- posted:

same except opposite, im hear for the anime

:same:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

SFV has one thing I really wish GG had, which is reversal timing recording in training mode

yeah, it sort of really blows that the games answer to "i want to practice baiting reversals" is "gently caress you", but i can forgive it this just like i can forgive it the other bare handful of flaws the game has because of everything it does so drat right

plus you know, the gameplay is actually good too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

Okay, okay, I'll say something good about SFV, everyone please hold on to their derrieres:

SFV's training mode is pretty okay. I wish it let you record actions recovering from hitstun too, and it's not SG levels of good, but it's pretty nice.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i wish i could reset it without a loving touchpad and it would keep my settings but yes the training mode is good and has features i desperately want in other games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dias posted:

Okay, okay, I'll say something good about SFV, everyone please hold on to their derrieres:

SFV's training mode is pretty okay. I wish it let you record actions recovering from hitstun too, and it's not SG levels of good, but it's pretty nice.

i wish it let you save settings and play training online

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

i wish it let you save settings and play training online

First one I agree, second one eh. Being able to remap the reset training button would also be great but overall I like it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The end of online matches should just dump you into the same screen against the same character with a CPU so that you can do training without sitting through like 20 seconds of loading time

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
guile_reasons.txt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opUOVWEbJ1c&t=64s

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

At first the time tag didn't work for whatever reason and I thought you were pointing out the dropped flashkick.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

oh noes were ruining the sfv discussion

I'm actually redoing the OP to be about dragon ball z so

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

good

im glad

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
As good as rev is its lobbies are poo poo. like before.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I got hooked watching usf4 videos and saw that a new game was coming out so I preordered it. I've had more fun trying to get better against the computer than playing online.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Golem II posted:

I've had more fun trying to get better against the computer than playing online.

ditto. i wish the AI was at least at good as the sf4 one. i also wish i could play against the ai other than in training mode or story mode, where the only difficulty level is very easy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm not even completely opposed to the whole "design the game around a set input lag" idea, it's just that Capcom hosed it all up.

Make the netcode use those 8 frames properly, so that we don't have to see teleporting all the time.
Slow down the whiff recovery of normals so that you can still whiff-punish like usual.
Slow down the jumps so that it's possible to anti-air on reaction reliably.

Actually design the game around those 8 frames of input lag instead of just slapping it into the game. After that maybe the game would work decently.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

As good as rev is its lobbies are poo poo. like before.

But fishing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

Because Japanese developers have too much pride to admit they're behind the curve of global game design, have been for a while, and continually drop the ball with every opportunity they have to catch up. Ono needs to pull the stick out of his rear end and see the brightside of outsourcing and middleware. Hell, even Kojima is intelligent enough to realize having everything be proprietary and in-house is a great way to destroy a budget.

you're just talking out your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SFV was an outsourced game using an existing engine and set of middleware and tools in UE4. It was just a bad game, probably because of bad decisions or a lovely schedule or both