Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gaz-L posted:

...where the gently caress is Tom even getting Avengers yaoi doujinshi?

Do you honestly believe they'd be in short supply in the Marvel universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

If you're not reading Uncanny Inhumans right now: Yo, gently caress you.

#10 might be the best single issue of a comic I've read this year. It's loving transcendent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

#10 might be the best single issue of a comic I've read this year. It's loving transcendent.

Loved it, fantastic issue.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Wherever one does, you know.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Wherever one does, you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQuBdeuvMnY&t=17s

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ughh I can't. I can't handle this Ulysses dumb gently caress bull gently caress thing gently caress just. gently caress. I can't.

Bendis.txt
Bleeehh I'm just a normal dudeperson with moppy hair and stubble but I suddenly have scary powers that are sooo overwhelming and daaangerous let me just whimper and stutter and stare slack-jawed at all these intimidating superheroes, aren't I ever so sym/pathetic? Oh no it looks like my powers are going out of control now, oopsie!!

Fuuuuck ooooff :duckie:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its pretty fun. Also drat that preview for the cover of #2

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Toxxupation posted:

What happens. Dropped Uncanny Inhumans a couple issues ago because I read too many books.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Die Laughing posted:

What happens. Dropped Uncanny Inhumans a couple issues ago because I read too many books.

Reader gets his dog back.

Also, Reader is badass. And... wow, stupidly powerful.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I think it's funny that Reader is a character for whom tricking his opponent into knocking his rear end out for a while is a legitimate strategy.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Die Laughing posted:

Seriously, just pick the issue up, it's more or less a one shot about Reader going to get his dog back.

I wasn't joking when I said it was possibly the greatest single issue I've read this year, and if Vision didn't exist it would certainly be.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Kamala Khan's DeviantArt?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Its pretty fun. Also drat that preview for the cover of #2

The preview I saw was pretty good, with Loki latching on to the election because it's basically a battle fought not with facts, but with stories.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't care if Steve stays a Hydra agent, but I hope he stops wearing that stupid outfit ASAP.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I know I shouldn't be surprised at an event comic being bad, but goddamn Civil War II is the worst. I guess I'm just disappointed because I thought the initial premise was intriguing but God what a letdown this whole thing has been.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Except the initial premise wasn't all that interesting to begin with.

I think the really dropped the ball on having Ulysses be a generic white dude instead of Miss Cleo from those last night informercials. (linked for reference)

"Listen up child, Mama Cleo had a vision, Thanos coming. He bringing some bad ju ju, OK. Also Captain Marvel, I'll tell ya who Spider-Woman's baby daddy is. Call me now; only 99 cents a minute."

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 16, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The premise is 'We need a movie tie-in'. It delivered exactly what I expected. :geno:

Also I'd vote Loki

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

The premise is 'We need a movie tie-in'. It delivered exactly what I expected. :geno:

Also I'd vote Loki

LIES YOU CAN BELIEVE IN
LOKI 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gaz-L posted:

LIES YOU CAN BELIEVE IN
LOKI 2016
Waiting for:
"I know lies, I have the best lies. "

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

Except the initial premise wasn't all that interesting to begin with.

I think the really dropped the ball on having Ulysses be a generic white dude instead of Miss Cleo from those last night informercials. (linked for reference)

"Listen up child, Mama Cleo had a vision, Thanos coming. He bringing some bad ju ju, OK. Also Captain Marvel, I'll tell ya who Spider-Woman's baby daddy is. Call me now; only 99 cents a minute."

I thought "stopping future events disasters" vs. "hey we can't attack/arrest people for loving pre-crime" was (or still is) the start of a good story idea and just needed a good writer to make it work, but then Bendis just... I don't know, man.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The thing that gets me is that at the moment I don't get the sense that there are sides being formed. It's just Tony lashing out, and everyone else going settle down buddy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo, Reader is loving awesome.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

howe_sam posted:

The thing that gets me is that at the moment I don't get the sense that there are sides being formed. It's just Tony lashing out, and everyone else going settle down buddy.

If the end of 2 is any indication, 3 will feature Carol doing something dumb that will retroactively justify Tony acting like a child.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Banner is going to die.

They're hyping a big thing happening in the next issue and I can't think of anything else.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I get the feeling that Ulysses is Generic Q. Caucasian because he's not surviving the event, one way or the other.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Codependent Poster posted:

They're hyping a big thing happening in the next issue and I can't think of anything else.

Bruce? I thought he literally couldn't die.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Bruce? I thought he literally couldn't die.

He's not even currently the Hulk.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

He's not even currently the Hulk.

:eyepop: need to read something more current than 2014.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's also worth noting that we haven't seen him "now" since before SW, that's supposed to be in the next TAH which will probably not jibe with CWII #2.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Bendis has Tony acting crazy in CW. It's really jarring because I'm slowly making my way through Invicinle Iron Man and I think he has a good handle on him there, but all this "You BLANKED my BLANK" stuff that he's saying to Carol in particular is just nuts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's cool, though. I'm sure he's going to have Carol go insane next issue and kill Banner or do something equally dumb to even the sides as far as who is being the biggest moron goes.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I don't think Tony acting nuts over the death of his friend is entirely out of character, but it feels patently artificial as the start of an arc like this one, like it should be heading towards a moment where he has a breakdown and an issue ends with him sobbing in a dark room somewhere. It's not really the kind of thing that ends with him recruiting half the other superheroes on the planet to pick a fight.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

It's a Bendis-written event. If anyone's dying it's either Vision or Hawkeye.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

SilverSupernova posted:

I did quite like him lampshading this, but the deaths this time feel only a step above Goliath going down ten years ago, except we're getting it out of the way in the first issue so we don't have a bunch of pages of Cap suddenly pretending he knows that Goliath exists.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SilverSupernova posted:

Marvel is hyping the next issue with a midnight event and saying something really big happens in it. Those two dying wouldn't be that.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Marvel is hyping the next issue with a midnight event and saying something really big happens in it. Those two dying wouldn't be that.

Tony Stark dying confirmed.

(It's probably Bruce Banner but I'd be all for Tony dying about now)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DrProsek posted:

Will Crossbones shoot him on the Capitol steps, or will they decide that's a bit too similar and just have Ghost or Spymaster strangle him in his sleep.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

DrProsek posted:

This issue the Hulk meets his end!

That's right everybody say goodbye to Amadeus Cho and his totally radical adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

DrProsek posted:

Lets see:

Tony reacts in clumsy, forced ways to Rhodey's death to make him vulnerable and explain why he might be fighting unintelligently.

Invincible Iron Man has recently introduced a new teen girl Iron Person out of the blue, and the otherwise obvious replacement for Tony is dead.

David Marquez left drawing Iron Man to draw Civil War 2. That book has also clearly been spinning its wheels waiting for something to happen and stalling for time.

Bendis is also writing a 2nd Iron Man book in which he finds out dark secrets about his biological parents.

There's two CW minis we know nothing about called The Fallen and The Accused, orders of which were tied to orders of Invincible Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man, respectively.

It does sound a lot like Tony's gonna bite the big one here.

• Locked thread