Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

nimby posted:

Turns out Mottom can't actually kill people. Turning them into a tree or plant let's her skirt that rule.

PERISH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

*didn't perish*

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Mottom spends basically 99% of her time within 500 yards of a plant that was once someone she hated.

(Also, just realized why Hastet-Om is constantly calling for more wives -- he's still conscious in there, and it's likely that all he knows is that he's someplace cold and horrible, so he's calling on a dimly-remembered bit of folklore about a wife's love keeping you warm after you die and constantly demanding wives to try to find some kind of warmth in the screaming vegetable hell of his own afterlife.)

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Well, that was significantly grosser than I was expecting. That said, why do this? Why not chop him down or set him on fire or something? If at first you don't succeed, PERISH harder!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It might be that his power is connected to her power, and she's showing this to demonstrate her original point about how hosed up the path in front of her is, and/or we're seeing foreshadowing about a connection to Zoss?

Or maybe she just really like butt fruits.

Poltergrift posted:

[Also, just realized why Hastet-Om is constantly calling for more wives
Or he was eating them before he died, but your interpretation is harder hitting.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
That's a big old tree-penis he's sprouting there.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Thesaurasaurus posted:

That said, why do this? Why not chop him down or set him on fire or something?

'Cause lookit all them peaches on that Om-tree.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I want Allison to start living up to her destined name right about now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh my god the testicle fruit grow from a giant penis tree.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MikeJF posted:

Oh my god the testicle fruit grow from a giant penis tree.

Bro did you even play dark souls 3

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Moving in with Mottom, gonna eat a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
Moving in with Mottom I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches

Peaches come from a man
Who eats women every day
In a palace in the sky

And if I had my little way
I'd run screaming far away
Blood-soaked peaches for more time

Moving in with Mottom, gonna eat a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
Moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches

I took a little look where the roots all twist
Watched them pour blood down his throat
Seriously Mottom what the gently caress
No I'm not singing anymore this is hosed up what the hell woman seriously, no for real this is bad, what the gently caress were you thinking

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chair In A Basket posted:

You could say he's sprouting some serious wood.

Also, more like the Tree of Whoa, amirite?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Why would she show Allison this? What conceivable purpose could sharing this information serve? What the gently caress does she expect to happen??!?

"Hey dumb lady how about you listen to me because poo poo IS hosed UP"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Chair In A Basket posted:

The legendary all day morning wood.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm guessing the fact that Allison has already eaten of the fruit is going to seriously bite her in the rear end any momoent now.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Man, Mottom is a loving train wreck. She's all sad and angry about how her husband treated her, but then she does this. Any of those girls could have been her.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I'm expecting Allison to at least be visibly disgusted. If not outright :barf:

Poltergrift posted:

(Also, just realized why Hastet-Om is constantly calling for more wives -- he's still conscious in there, and it's likely that all he knows is that he's someplace cold and horrible, so he's calling on a dimly-remembered bit of folklore about a wife's love keeping you warm after you die and constantly demanding wives to try to find some kind of warmth in the screaming vegetable hell of his own afterlife.)

Thanks for making it so much worse in my mind. :stare:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

The legendary all day morning wood.

Hastet Om should probably see a doctor about that.

Or a lumberjack.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It's kind of impressive how garden variety human sacrifice manages to be even more horrifying than all the fantastical outcomes people were expecting

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I'm looking forward to the encounter with whichever demiurge has the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

mr. stefan posted:

It's kind of impressive how garden variety human sacrifice manages to be even more horrifying than all the fantastical outcomes people were expecting

:pusheen:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

pseudorandom name posted:

Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

You mean Bob? His personality is so wooden we didn't even notice a difference.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

mr. stefan posted:

Tbf i kinda saw human sacrifice thing coming from a mile away, but not in this way.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the part that makes it horrifying despite the expectedness is that the striking framing of the scene aside, this seems to be very much ho-hum business-as-usual. nothing dramatic for the people carrying this out. just bleeding the sacrifices before getting on with the rest of the day

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, those women in the masks (or are they some kind of devils?) seem more like overworked sweatshop laborers than your stock evil cultists.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Details about the book also just got posted:
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/kill-six-billion-demons-is-getting-a-print-edition/

September 7th from Image Comics.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

mr. stefan posted:

I hope an angel comes around to prosecute you for the crime you just committed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey forget about the immortal buttfruit treebomination for a second - where the hell is the next part of Aesmas quest for a boyfriend

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Poltergrift posted:

Mottom spends basically 99% of her time within 500 yards of a plant that was once someone she hated.

I think Mottom is just crazy and Hastet-Om isn't really talking to anyone.

Cause he's a tree thing.

And everyone Allison traveled with is dead. That's...swell.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Hypocrisy posted:

I think Mottom is just crazy and Hastet-Om isn't really talking to anyone.

Even if he were talking, nobody could understand him. He's barking mad and speaking gibberish.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

nimby posted:

Even if he were talking, nobody could understand him. He's barking mad and speaking gibberish.

nimby posted:

barking mad

Har-dee-har.

(Also, if there's a pun in "gibberish," I'm missing it.)

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
A FOREVERIALLY TREEDUP HASTET OM

ahem, whatsup

Ixjuvin posted:

oh man I hope her husband is the tree with the eternal life fruits :allears:

I wonder if one of Mottom's 'conditions' being Eternal Life means, like, "please please find me a method of life extension that doesn't rely on eating my hateful husband's virginblood ballfruits"

Obviously other methods exist, the other demiurges have been around just as long as she. What's the hangup?

e: as an artistic criticism i think "I didn't expect him to sprout" could be excised, "on the third day... I heard him pleading for more wives" is already a pretty good leadin

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 16, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

nimby posted:

nothing but tree and plant puns

almost everyone who hears him is driven insane

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I don't think the fruit keeps Mottom alive, it just lets her be young for short periods of time. Both for appearances and for her own enjoyment, her youth is contingent on feeding other youths to her monstrous husband. With all her power, he is still able to control her.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Begemot posted:

I don't think the fruit keeps Mottom alive, it just lets her be young for short periods of time. Both for appearances and for her own enjoyment, her youth is contingent on feeding other youths to her monstrous husband. With all her power, he is still able to control her.
I bet she started aging into her current hag-like form immediately after taking the key from him. There's always a price for power.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Poltergrift posted:

(Also, if there's a pun in "gibberish," I'm missing it.)

The "gibberish" joke has now been planted, but it'll take some time to come to fruition.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixjuvin posted:

e: as an artistic criticism i think "I didn't expect him to sprout" could be excised, "on the third day... I heard him pleading for more wives" is already a pretty good leadin

i think it works if you read it as old frustration

like "gods drat him why didn't the fucker just die"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
What was a gross tree even going to do to her if she didn't feed it gallons of maiden blood

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Begemot posted:

The fact that she described the fruit as "immortality" to Alice makes me think that the fruit is the thing keeping her alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm guessing Hastet-Om basically cursed Mottom in the process of dying, and she now depends on his fruits in order to (best case scenario) keep up appearances and maintain her empire, being immortal but ancient otherwise or (worst case scenario) she is constantly rapidly aging and depends on the fruit to live, and she probably was closer to a 'normal' ageless immortal before she actually had a Key.