Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Begemot posted:

You go to confess to Jerid and Kamille trips you so you fall down the stairs.

You meet Jerid on the roof and Kamille knocks you off the side.

Meet him on a road near the school and Kamille hits you in the head with a baseball after getting a home run.

Hmm... I'm beginning to think this route isn't for me.

Maybe I should try that cute McGillis guy instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Glemmy route is very offensive and shouldn't have been in the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The game is called "VN Ja Nai!"

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Raxivace posted:

The Glemmy route is very offensive and shouldn't have been in the game.

The Glemy route is the reason why the game was eventually banned in Japan.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There's an option at one point to make eye contact with Glemy. If you do, you're locked into the Glemy Route

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

You can try the Yazan route, but that tends to go off the rails real fast.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I came here to trip your event flags.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Does the Char route have three times as many endings?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kuvo posted:

Does the Char route have three times as many endings?

no but it's only a third as long as the other ones.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Kamille route having a non-standard game over at the beginning by having you think his name is a woman's is interesting, but I have to wonder if it really adds that much to the gameplay.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Kamille route having a non-standard game over at the beginning by having you think his name is a woman's is interesting, but I have to wonder if it really adds that much to the gameplay.

I thought the part where he climbed a tower and started gunning people down before finally being taken out by the police was very controversial but believable.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I've heard the Tomino route actually has a "glitch" where it erases your entire hard drive.

I've also heard it's not a glitch.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I liked the Bernie route at first, but it just kind of... stopped.

No idea why.

Checking with Al to make sure the relationship values hadn't plummeted just made him run off sobbing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The MC doesn't have very much money, so her gunpla is a Zaku.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Kurui Reiten posted:

The Jerid route is hard mode.

Nah, the secret to Jerid is you just need to change your name to Lyla Lyla Lyla Lyla Lyla or whatever her name was. Just a neverending string of Lylas.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
The Kou route is 4 hours of you trying to feed him carrots. Three hours into it you can suddenly decide to feed Gato carrots instead.

Most reviewers blast this route for the nonsensical sudden change in route, but there remains a core of rabid fans, probably due to the really good artist doing all the CGs for this route.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Garrod Ran's route is pretty easy. Always pick either the "..." answer or something melancholic and prophetic like "I may never see you again" or "I don't see you in the future." Also, totally take the opportunity to go skinny-dipping with dolphins, don't worry, he's watching and is very impressed.

(Gundam X would be far better if it lost the dolphin arc)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Flit Asemu route is the easiest, you don't make any choices and just get him automatically when his first girlfriend moves away

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Haha goddamn that redtext.

The Kira Yamato route is just a 3 hour recording of whale song.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

The Kira Yamato route is just a 3 hour recording of whale song.

It's also impossible to lose, Kira will just keep saving you from game overs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Halfway through Lockon's route, the design of his sprite suddenly changes and no one really notices.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Domon's route has a ton of Street Fighter style mini-games peppered through it, and a weird subplot about his brother, but strangely enough it's probably the most heartfelt romance of all.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

Domon's route has a ton of Street Fighter style mini-games peppered through it, and a weird subplot about his brother, but strangely enough it's probably the most heartfelt romance of all.

And half the school explodes when he finally confesses his love, so that's another plus.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You spend your all of your time going down Amuro's path but some some reason you wind up with Hayato at the end

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 17, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Every Bright Noa date is in a hamburger joint.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
The Trowa Barton route starts off with a silly date to the circus, and ends up in a carnival themed BDSM backroom where Catherine Bloom and Trowa take turns hurling knives at you in between their unrelenting genital punishment.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You guys can keep your hero routes, I'm taking the Kai route, which has the happiest ending after its rough start.

The IBO routes are weird, most of them seem to lead into you becoming female Naze.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The Reiji route is really adorable, you build model kits together and then go out for sweets :3:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Back to watching Turn A, this little moonboy's crotch is gonna be nothing by the end of the show. So much genital violence.

I also like that one of the main sources of conflict is not being able to read the robot's manual.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 16, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You guys can keep your hero routes, I'm taking the Kai route, which has the happiest ending after its rough start.

The IBO routes are weird, most of them seem to lead into you becoming female Naze.

Also, they keep turning into the '... and Kudelia' routes about a third of the way through. Players were surprised by this, but not particularly upset.

The Kio route was cut due to time and budget constraints, apart from a couple of placeholder scenes. Nobody really minded.

The Uso route was the other reason why the game eventually got banned in Japan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Guin, we need to come up with a false name for Loran."

"Rora Rora."

Nice.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

"Guin, we need to come up with a false name for Loran."

"Rora Rora."

Nice.

what kind of hosed up subs are you watching?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The subs translated it as Laura Rolla, but it's basically the same syllables.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Guin's a total dick and it's amazing.

He just keeps calling Loran Laura for the hell of it and then decides "Oh, hey, why not use Laura as his secret identity as the Turn A pilot?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think Guin thought the whole party plan through farther than getting Loran into a dress.

And at least his BS is helping Loran keep the double agent thing going.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Patter Song posted:

He just keeps calling Loran Laura for the hell of it and then decides "Oh, hey, why not use Laura as his secret identity as the Turn A pilot?"

don't wanna say too much when waffleman is going through it for the first time, but it's not really for the hell of it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think Guin thought the whole party plan through farther than getting Loran into a dress.

And at least his BS is helping Loran keep the double agent thing going.

I'm pretty sure Guin knew exactly what his priorities were.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also appreciated the mini-Cake Boss episode with Keith making the cake for the party.

I also appreciated that Dianna's response to being told that war might be imminent was "Let's not have a war, let's have a party," and that that party was also basically a middle school dance with the boys on one side of the gym and the girls on the other.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Of course, the main reason for the decision is

Guin is gay as hell for Loran. Like, the show outright says it later on.

Guin's a complicated man, but some of his motives are pretty simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

The Reiji route is really adorable, you build model kits together and then go out for sweets :3:

Sekai is the easiest route in the game, because he just sits there smiling blankly no matter what options you choose or where you take him.