Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

So does Assange actually have anything on Hillary or is this like the last 500 times he's been a grandstanding idiot who is jealous of Greenwald breaking the Snowden stuff?

If he has it, why isn't he releasing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MattD1zzl3 posted:

http://collegecandy.com/2016/02/22/brown-university-failing-classes-protesting-time-management-activism-schoolwork/

I touristed my way through all of the Tamir Rice protests, it seemed like almost everyone, and especially everyone doing destructive or violent things was from out of town and had some university affiliation, often from out of state.

Go back to posting dictionary definitions, Merriam.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

zoux posted:

If he has it, why isn't he releasing it?

That's why I am almost certain he has nothing of value. I'm sure his response would be that he and his underlings are "vetting" it or something, but he's pulled this poo poo before.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

That's why I am almost certain he has nothing of value. I'm sure his response would be that he and his underlings are "vetting" it or something, but he's pulled this poo poo before.

Guccifer claimed that he had indeed hacked HRC's private server and "all the emails were laid out before me like open flowers". Fox News got a mega boner over it and ran it as their top line story and then someone thought "Wait, if he did that, why did the guy who stole terabytes worth of secret government documents leave what would be the Holy Grail of all of them alone" and then they buried it.

It's because they say that they get a ton of attention. He may have some HRC emails but if they were worth a poo poo or not already disclosed, he would've put them out in the primary to help Bernie vs her.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Jarmak posted:

I'll bite on this, I'm in favor, I don't really understand why people's reaction to the due process problems is "throw it out" instead of "fix the due process problems".

I'm much more in favor of the FBI being able to put a stop order on your gun purchases then your travel, the details need to be worked out but I seems kind of intuitive to me that if the FBI sees you hanging out in ISIS chat rooms there should be a mechanism that lets them stop you from going down to walmart and buying a dozen AR15s

(yes I know Walmart doesn't sell them anymore)

Agreed, I think there's a reasonable difference between freedom of association and freedom to buy whatever you want.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

zoux posted:

Guccifer claimed that he had indeed hacked HRC's private server and "all the emails were laid out before me like open flowers". Fox News got a mega boner over it and ran it as their top line story and then someone thought "Wait, if he did that, why did the guy who stole terabytes worth of secret government documents leave what would be the Holy Grail of all of them alone" and then they buried it.

It's because they say that they get a ton of attention. He may have some HRC emails but if they were worth a poo poo or not already disclosed, he would've put them out in the primary to help Bernie vs her.

If he wanted attention the big question is, why did he not save and release anything? Why not provide proof? I'd say he's probably lying or just saved those emails where Hillary is asking Chelsea about DVRs or equivalent poo poo. I just get really tired of the million different conspiracies this election.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
RINO!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/sabrinasiddiqui/status/743476525845078016

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

VitalSigns posted:

The no-fly list is dumb and bad but beating your chest like it's the end of freedom in America now that politicians you don't like are using it, when it's been around for over a decade and the Bush administration was putting journalists and peace activists on it for criticizing the war is cringeworthy.

We shouldn't be doing this but if liberty died it was when we were black-bagging and torturing people.

lmao chalk up another fun one that I forgot about over the years.

I really need to get around to compiling a huge link-bomb like that infamous Ron Paul post to give to political newbies who don't understand how horrendous the Bush admin was.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

KiteAuraan posted:

So does Assange actually have anything on Hillary or is this like the last 500 times he's been a grandstanding idiot who is jealous of Greenwald breaking the Snowden stuff?

The answer may surprise you, but we'll all just have to wait and see, since nobody knows more than you right now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexazura/status/743477485120028675

Lol I imagine one year ago today every Republican politico thought they would be running Walker or Bush against Obama's deeply unpopular legacy.

Now they're flying on planes with him to help their re-elections.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That sneaky bastard Obama, destroying the young up and coming Republican's future by offering him a ride! He is an evil genius!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Assange releases secret Hillary emails thought to be deleted...

quote:

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Ben Ghazi? This is Ben Ghazi speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge -I am the man who will now tell you.”

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
The MP who was shot (and stabbed) has died. I guess gun control doesn't work! --The NRA, probably.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

What can they do? Ratfucking Trump (now) elects Clinton.

Nominate JEB! He can fix it!

JEB gets the nomination, says "Donald Trump, you're fired" on CNN and at least loses the election with some dignity, thereby saving the party. Gets major points for taking one for the team, somewhat redeems the Bush name and his own reputation, plus securing the way for the younger generation of Bushes to campaign. It's really the only viable course, and Daddy Bush would approve wholeheartedly at this point, I'm sure.

Or as JEB would say, it's a no-brainer!

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The MP who was shot (and stabbed) has died. I guess gun control doesn't work! --The NRA, probably.

Hell, just scroll up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
In Response To Drug Tests For The Poor, Lawmaker Wants To Drug Test Rich Who Get Tax Benefits

quote:

Her “Top 1% Accountability Act” would require anyone claiming itemized tax deductions of over $150,000 in a given year to submit a clean drug test.
Moore has been frustrated to witness attempts to tie those who avail themselves of the safety net to drug use. “Republicans continue to criminalize poverty and to put forward the narrative, the false narrative in fact, that people who are poor and reliant upon the social safety net are drug users,” she said.
Moore is not the only lawmaker in Congress who has raised questions about unequal treatment between the poor who make use of government programs and everyone else who needs them. In February, Rep. Rosa DeLauro asked why only recipients of food stamps were being considered for drug testing but not the farmers who also make use of programs run by the Agriculture Department.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/dnc/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

They're not wrong

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Phone posted:

Lmao "hey guys I just made this"

I have already had 3 Facebook friends share it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Flying IN Air Force One. Unless they let Lil' Marco fly it just once to see if he could be a pilot someday.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

theflyingorc posted:

Flying IN Air Force One. Unless they let Lil' Marco fly it just once to see if he could be a pilot someday.

i thought they meant it as in the idiom "i flew United to <place>"

but AFO isn't exactly an airline so i can see what you mean

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 16, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Calm down, breathe into a paper bag or something. You are safer than you've ever been.

(Note violent crime continuing to decline even after the AWB sunset. Police are loving crushing it.)

Now go back to spending the rest of the year posting that gif of bugs bunny sawing florida off. You dont care about these people, remember?

As more young men spend more time indoors playing video games, they spend less time out on the street getting into trouble. Ergo, video games are responsible for the drop in gun violence. Also, for the increase in players mom's getting hosed.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

emdash posted:

i thought they meant it as in the idiom "i flew United to <place>"

but AFO isn't exactly an airline so i can see what you mean

I'm not even correcting them, really, it just sounded funny to me. I'm picturing Rubio in the cockpit with a huge grin on his face.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

theflyingorc posted:

I'm not even correcting them, really, it just sounded funny to me. I'm picturing Rubio in the cockpit with a huge grin on his face.

oh yeah, :agreed:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Ever been in a Turkish prison black site?

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

Is it too much to hope for Obama to hug Rick Scott?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

turevidar posted:

i feel like rick scott hugging someone is just his way of sucking out their life force

what i'm saying here is, IT'S A TRAP MR PRESIDENT DON'T DO IT

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

emdash posted:

i feel like rick scott hugging someone is just his way of sucking out their life force

what i'm saying here is, IT'S A TRAP MR PRESIDENT DON'T DO IT

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

turevidar posted:

My god, why would you wish that on anyone?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/743489809805631488

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ron Jeremy posted:

As more young men spend more time indoors playing video games, they spend less time out on the street getting into trouble. Ergo, video games are responsible for the drop in gun violence. Also, for the increase in players mom's getting hosed.

I think your missing the bigger picture. Apparently all the rest of the world other then the US and the UK had zero homicides before 2003.

It was thought all the mindless death had been contained to those two countries, but in that year Two and a Half Men was released and with it the spread of global murder.

2003 really was a dark year for humanity :(

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Fight - Nailed to the Gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkR-Na_8I9c

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tank Girl out of nowhere :swoon:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

dr_rat posted:

I think your missing the bigger picture. Apparently all the rest of the world other then the US and the UK had zero homicides before 2003.

It was thought all the mindless death had been contained to those two countries, but in that year Two and a Half Men was released and with it the spread of global murder.

2003 really was a dark year for humanity :(

This seems like a false correlation. Clearly the uptick in 2003 relates to US involvement in Iraq.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

They're going to lose the election no matter what at this point, their best path now is to stick with Trump so they can dismiss him and his base from the moral high ground when he loses. So in the future they can pre-ratfuck if this ever happens again by pointing to the historic disaster of 2016. If they ratfuck Trump they still lose this election but also strengthen his base and make this problem that's tearing the party apart even worse.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have already had 3 Facebook friends share it.

I've seen Gary Johnson pop up twice on my FB feed this week.

I haven't laughed this hard in a very long while.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There's no Ironicat big enough

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

There's no Ironicat big enough

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/743494058048372736

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
slate has a headline up now: "Can Muslims be Americans?" http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._making_it.html

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Phone posted:

I've seen Gary Johnson pop up twice on my FB feed this week.

I haven't laughed this hard in a very long while.

It's been so long since I've even heard Johnson's name that I legitimately can't remember if he's the batshit crazy every five minutes Rand Paul kind of libertarian, or if he's the batshit crazy sovereign citizen change-your-last-name-to-Freeman kind.

• Locked thread