Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

It's breathing too. And they look away when it starts moving.

I think it's an Alien hatching... :ohdear:

That's both creepy and hilarious. Weren't lots of NPCs and stuff clipping through things in that video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Charles Get-Out posted:

Hey, I tried to engage you civilly several times. I only started calling you a moron when it was clear you didn't want to have actual discussions and you just wanted to inflate your persecution complex and sense of self-righteousness.

No really. MOMA is an Octopode sock puppet right?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SurfaceDetail posted:

I like him too i was countering that we view him as some sort of leader. Which we dont really. Hes a quirky dude who gets inside info on occasion

A good mod too

he's the shepherd of our pride of cats

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

belt puppet

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

in the words of your leader, thats not how that works

media needs clicks. thats why they show car crashes and hockey fights as highlights more than the highlights themselves

you expected some kind of capitulation on cig's part because of smarts actions? hes the laughing stock of the industry. he did nothing. you did nothing.

whether sc or s42 ever see the light of day is another topic, but the fact is that goons and smart are irrelevant, whatever their effort and whatever the outcome

the room full of beautiful minds in here can't handle the truth

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

SurfaceDetail posted:

I like him too i was countering that we view him as some sort of leader. Which we dont really. Hes a quirky dude who gets inside info on occasion

A good mod too

thats how the world views it.. .goons have bowed to and follow smart like or not

goons have lost identity

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Lazrin posted:

media needs clicks. thats why they show car crashes and hockey fights as highlights more than the highlights themselves

you expected some kind of capitulation on cig's part because of smarts actions? hes the laughing stock of the industry. he did nothing. you did nothing.

whether sc or s42 ever see the light of day is another topic, but the fact is that goons and smart are irrelevant, whatever their effort and whatever the outcome

Potato

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Lazrin posted:

Of course we're irrelevant to CIG's success or failure you sanctimonious prick; everyone here knows SC will succeed or fail based upon Roberts' decisions.

We just tend to believe that Roberts is dumb and bad and that his project is a dumpster fire and laugh at it.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Lazrin posted:

thats how the world views it.. .goons have bowed to and follow smart like or not

goons have lost identity

Oh no!

Soul Crashing Lag
Feb 27, 2016

Lazrin posted:

ikr?

Whenever the leavers get me down I load me up some Star Marine and my faith in the BDSSE is restored.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Lazrin posted:

So the potato incident, the dissapearing artwork, INN appearing on around the verse, the editing of the donut video, the tracking of Major Tom, and everything else weren't direct responses?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Lazrin posted:

goons have lost identity

Nooo. My internet identity.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Dogges r gud.

Look at this dawg teaching that piece of fabric some manners

would pet :3:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lazrin posted:

goons have lost identity

didn't we lose that back in 2003

Soul Crashing Lag
Feb 27, 2016

Lazrin posted:

goons have lost identity

identity has been replaced by fidelity

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lazrin posted:

you expected some kind of capitulation on cig's part because of smarts actions?

We expected CIG to address the Escapist article with a modicum of sensibility; not to spend half a day to write a incoherent and insane diatribe against someone who has nothing to do with the article. Some may even have expected them to have professional community relations and PR staff to deal with these situations, exactly to avoid these kinds of clumsy and trivially easily avoided fuckups from the CEO.

quote:

The truth is this: Chris gave Derek all the attention he could ever have wanted, and elevated him far beyond any importance he would otherwise have. All because an unrelated website delivered a critical view on the inner workings of CIG. In other words, he did so for no cogent reason whatsoever.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Goon sirs, I think our crusade against Chris Roberts' "Star Citizen" has lost us the respect of the wider internet community.

The day we took up Lord Smart's banner will be a day we shall rue as the final destruction of the spirit of Goondom.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

EminusSleepus posted:

Kojima's hidden message has now been decrypted!!!

i think it's about man realizing how much he misses his baby innocence.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

goons have lost identity

wowzers

you know, if there ever was a "goon identity" it was firmly tied to making internet spergs angry about internet spergy internet stuff for spergs

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

Are you using one of those new Star Citizen keyboards?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

KiddieGrinder posted:

Beet can we have a video of your dogge? :allears:

Dante80 posted:

You are a weird goony individual. And I do agree, those are indeed gud.

ps: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE KAYAK VIDEO.

This is from early on in the "let's learn things" phase. I've been looking for the original version because the quality on this one is garbo, but I can't find it, so here's the potato version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZUMpKBNaA

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Nooo. My internet identity.

You know, it's true what they say: I didn't even know what I had until I lost it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
We got a live one again! *OMNOMNOMNOMNOM*

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

wowzers

you know, if there ever was a "goon identity" it was firmly tied to making internet spergs angry about internet spergy internet stuff for spergs

Back in my day goon identity was making fun of people with newer regdates. You know, like real goons do.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Well as they say, you can't have enough shill

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

goons have lost identity

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

CrazyLoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfMKv5fxgQ

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Octopode would have had to completely change his posting style. He was all about pretending to be an authority on literally every topic to prove Star Citizen was good.

MoMA just cries nonstop about what he totally would say if we would just let him, never saying anything substantive and still saying Star Citizen was good.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:thurman:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lazrin posted:

goons have lost identity

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

goons have lost identity

Guys the whole world thinks this dead gay comedy website is kowtowing to irrelevant internet badguy Derek Smart.

We better do something about that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Also you paid :10bux: to loving post here, YOU are a goon. Idiot.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Okay friends this is serious, I think we should take some effort to regain Reddit's support and admiration. Come on people let's do reddit posts, this should make Reddit dude feel right at home

...so those women huh? Weird creatures, always walking around not wearing fedoras and accusing me of rape giving me lots of sexual satisfaction despite the immensity of my belly and self-satisfaction

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Beet Wagon posted:

This is from early on in the "let's learn things" phase. I've been looking for the original version because the quality on this one is garbo, but I can't find it, so here's the potato version:

If you ever want to retire a gazillionaire on your own private island you should crowdfund cloning his rear end.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Lazrin posted:

whether sc or s42 ever see the light of day is another topic,

actually this is the only topic

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Okay friends this is serious, I think we should take some effort to regain Reddit's support and admiration. Come on people let's do reddit posts, this should make Reddit dude feel right at home

...so those women huh? Weird creatures, always walking around not wearing fedoras and accusing me of rape giving me lots of sexual satisfaction despite the immensity of my belly and self-satisfaction

This is a good post. Lazrin, learn to post like this. Also MoMA (although you're getting better at least)

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

...so those females huh? Weird creatures, always walking around not wearing fedoras and accusing me of rape giving me lots of sexual satisfaction despite the immensity of my belly and self-satisfaction

*fixed this for you

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

:kayak: some x axis y axis doggy confusion :kayak:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
it's happening.gif :getin:

"I just cancelled my subscription posted:

Hi citizens

I am a long time backer (November 2013), subscriber since february 2015 and almost 800€ in the game but today I cancelled my subscription. I have a feeling that the game is on a good track and based on Sean Tracy's reaction regarding PG and based on what last summer's leaks have shown I'm pretty sure that we don't even see the tip of the iceberg and this is exactly my concern. We don't even see the tip of the iceberg.

I have difficulties to understand why CIG draws the line where it is drawn now between showing stuff and hidding stuff. I have been a subscriber for almost a year and a half and yet the best jump point that I ever had the chance to read was the very first one: the one showing how they designed/built/tuned Area 18 on ArcCorp. Because it was a place and not a ship.

I understand that Star Citizen needs plenty of different kind of ships if we want to feel that it is a breathing and living universe. I understand that even after release they will keep adding new ships or revamped ships and that it's the reason why they keep working on concept ships and releasing new ones because it's a machine that is being started that will keep producing ships until the end of time. I understand that we need several ships per role your character will be able to take. But where are the places? Where is Nyx? We saw a preview of it like 10 months ago. Where is Gold Horizon? I don't care about Star Marine module but CIG said the map/station is ready. Why does CIG keep hidding it from us? Where is Shubin Interstellar mining station? I don't care if these places are unfinished.

I pledged years ago knowing that it would probably take 4 to 5 more years before being able to play the released version. But I subscribed so that CIG could share this kind of work. I don't care anymore about IFCS v17.4, about the next concept ship nor about the 4th revamp of the Hornet. I understand that we need all them but ships serve nothing if you have no place to come from and to fly to.

It's been two months now that I've barely looked at ATV/bugsmashers/10FTx because they all look the same now (except when there's some Sean Tracy or Brian Chambers in it) and this is not what I subscribed for. I subscribed for them to share NEW things, which clearly isn't the case right now. I'm not tired of Star Citizen, I still play a lot of the baby PU, but I'm getting tired of the kind of (non) content shared by CIG with the community and I just had to share this with you guys.
Anyway, I'm ready for the downvote storm, but I still love you guys.

e: ...actually, you guys don't need to read all of that, it's pretty crap. Why is reddit criticism always "here's four paragraphs of why i'm an insufferable idiot, now you can stomach my weak as poo poo concerns"?

e2: also why the gently caress did I paste it twice

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 16, 2016

• Locked thread