Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dimps is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Street Fighter 1 is the best Street Fighter.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
the game was obviously made for like the change that fell out of a sony reps pocket and it got the love that buys in development

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Capcom has made me beg for them to reconsider their "no revisions" thing about this game. I'm begging to pay $40-50 for all the characters unlocked and another pass at this lovely game.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Firstborn posted:

Capcom has made me beg for them to reconsider their "no revisions" thing about this game. I'm begging to pay $40-50 for all the characters unlocked and another pass at this lovely game.

I agree, and I'm impressed that they messed up enough to make me want that ridiculous (by 2016 standards) practice to stay alive a little longer

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
You know, SFV would be an all right game if it didn't have 8f lag, had hitboxes and that actually matched the animations, they got rid of ugly character models that clip into themselves, brought back chip damage kills, throws were faster and had more range, had an arcade mode, didn't have a story mode that totally sucked and has terrible artwork, had an online store that worked, if you could tell if friends were playing or not, it saved training mode settings...

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
those things are things that could be fixed in an update, perhaps a larger kind of revised patch that deserved a name of its own

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not even completely opposed to the whole "design the game around a set input lag" idea, it's just that Capcom hosed it all up.

Make the netcode use those 8 frames properly, so that we don't have to see teleporting all the time.
Slow down the whiff recovery of normals so that you can still whiff-punish like usual.
Slow down the jumps so that it's possible to anti-air on reaction reliably.

Actually design the game around those 8 frames of input lag instead of just slapping it into the game. After that maybe the game would work decently.

Pretty much this. It feels like SFV tries to encompass the ideas discussed in this article into the game.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...ques-explained/

The overall result though seems to indicate that Capcom didn't really understand the entire concept, and just put in the parts that they thought were necessary.

I don't think the 8f has to be an issue, it just will be if it's implemented the way it is now.

Edit: This is also why I think the game doesn't have a good core. I think that these issues need to be resolved in order to make that statement. Regardless of whether or not you think it's a good idea, it's been done successfully with Tekken so it can be done. You just can't go halfway between the two ideas.

Safety Scissors fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 16, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

those things are things that could be fixed in an update, perhaps a larger kind of revised patch that deserved a name of its own

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 X

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think designing a game around intentional input lag is a bad idea period.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

If you could tell if friends were playing or not

PSA: this has been fixed :shobon:

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

giogadi posted:

PSA: this has been fixed :shobon:

I can't tell the difference. Haha

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Input lag tests, complete with video, of multiple (mostly fighting) games on different systems.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
1328 x 1080

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Fereydun posted:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 X

no xfactor, no tac, uhhhh i dont know hitboxes?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

-Don't allow both assists in the same combo
-Greatly reduce air throw range
-Add more pushback to throw techs
-Rework projectile priority (magneto shouldn't out-zone dedicated zoners)
-Remove Firebrand unblockable

There's probably more

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i like it when people tech like 5 throws in one second

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

There's probably more

I always remember this for some reason.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Jmcrofts posted:

There's probably more

No, No (except for Nova), Yes, Maybe, Yes

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Xfactor is fine, maybe rework the numbers a little but TAC is dumb as gently caress

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nodoze posted:

No, No (except for Nova), Yes, Maybe, Yes

No, no, no, no maybe there, Mags being an amazing zoner AND a rushdown beast is idiotic. There's characters with an entirely zoning based toolset that can't outzone Magneto, it's stupid.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Firstborn posted:

I will allow you to mail me $40-50 and I will video tape myself burning it for you.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouSDoCXUe0s

no chip deaths is great

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Dias posted:

No, no, no, no maybe there, Mags being an amazing zoner AND a rushdown beast is idiotic. There's characters with an entirely zoning based toolset that can't outzone Magneto, it's stupid.

That's more cause of his movement and magnetic blast not just disruptor

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

lol

Also wow, I got Revelator and holy crap I'm terrible at it. After spending a bunch of time playing Street Fighter off and on over the years doing the gatling chain combos just feels so strange. Definitely a fun game though, can't wait to win a match

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I approve of this.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Elvis_Maximus posted:

lol

Also wow, I got Revelator and holy crap I'm terrible at it. After spending a bunch of time playing Street Fighter off and on over the years doing the gatling chain combos just feels so strange. Definitely a fun game though, can't wait to win a match

Kum Haeyhun doesn't use gatling chains if you can get used to her weird rear end inputs.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
no chip death and giving players rounds for draws combined to form a perfect storm of terrible design choices

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I just got my MAME cabinet working and for gently caress sake Third Strike aka. the greatest game ever doesn't boot properly.

:negative:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Pomp posted:

Kum Haeyhun doesn't use gatling chains if you can get used to her weird rear end inputs.

Kum actually uses gatlings they're just really late gatlings with short windows. Presumably to avoid the AC Slayer situation where having an "everything links" character with the Guilty Gear hitstun system also meant those things were massively stupidly plus on block. For example: her cS is 6f startup but actually only +5 on hit, so if it didn't cancel into itself it wouldn't combo into itself except on crouchers. 2k is also 6f but is only +3 on hit, but combos into itself and also 2d which is 7f startup.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

dangerdoom volvo posted:

the two things marvel 3 needs are for throws to be given a different input so half the roster doesn't have braindead OS between amazing H normal/throw that leads into lengthy combo and spiderman buffs

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Agoat when you rework the av be sure to but a DO NOT BUY THIS GAME with sirens and the works around it.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
no one reads the op

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

darealkooky posted:

the two things marvel 3 needs are for throws to be given a different input so half the roster doesn't have braindead OS between amazing H normal/throw that leads into lengthy combo and spiderman buffs

are you kidding me marvle with two button throws would be hella lame

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

strangemusic posted:

I just got my MAME cabinet working and for gently caress sake Third Strike aka. the greatest game ever doesn't boot properly.

:negative:
Do you have the CHD file (or whatever the CD image Rom thingie is called) in a folder named after the parent Rom (eg: c:/Mame/Roms/sfiii3s)?

Try running whatever version of 3S you have (US/UK/JPN) and if it asks to rebuild the Rom file hit OK then enable turbo and go make a sandwich.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

Actually she uses Azrael gatlings

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

dangerdoom volvo posted:

are you kidding me marvle with two button throws would be hella lame

I didn't say make them two button, just make it forward and medium or something instead to beat the OS

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

darealkooky posted:

I didn't say make them two button, just make it forward and medium or something instead to beat the OS

what but characyers with good medium buttons are gonna have your same issue then

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

why would you not just OS with the dash+throw instead regardless of what button its relegated to

also i dont want to play a marvel where i cant shield charge/throw OS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I've seen so many really hardcore SF players just abandon this game completely, it's really sad.