Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Dante80 posted:

Oh...now I understand.

I'm the jerrycan strapped to the side of a spacecycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Before MoMA appears and tries to say that the "Drake Pipeline means it will be flyable this year" someone please find where Ben or whoever said that no more ships would be in the PU past the vanguard or whatever back when they admitted they need to release a product and can't have never ending concepts be promised upon release of the PU.

It wasn't when Chris Roberts said "Minimum Viable Product" which is related, but Ben or someone directly stated that a certain ship was the stopping point for the PU release and everything else had a release date of "After the PU"

There's no point to doing this, Moma and people like him believe what they want to believe. Also nothing anyone at CIG says means anything anyway.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SelenicMartian posted:

Sitting on an unshielded ammo box is the dream of every pilot.

This loving travesty is the Ford Pinto of space vehicles.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SelenicMartian posted:

Sitting on an unshielded ammo box is the dream of every pilot.

Sitting nakey on an unshielded ammo box is the dream of every pilot

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

megane posted:

Damnit you people are too fast

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

This loving travesty is the Ford Pinto of space vehicles.

An actual Pinto would be a better space vehicle. You wouldn't be thrown off the instant it starts moving, and it only explodes when hit from one side, as opposed to from any side. It's probably more compact too.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I love how there's a callout for "front" weapons, on a vehicle with no rear weapons.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Why are both guys on the space scooter naked? I don't think I have ever seen concept art, where the artist thought "eh I'll just draw the guys naked" before.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Maw posted:

I feel like they're going for quantity here rather than price, at $35 the shitizens who aren't totally disillusioned yet will probably still buy a few. With more people starting to go 'hey wait a minute' after the ToS change etc, I doubt they'd manage to sell them for the extortionate prices of previous jpegs

e: catte tax

Wait a minute, okay. I am not always a smart commando, so I could be missing something. But they've released a lovely TOS that has a bit in there about how it applies (I think) to new purchases and anyone who logs into the PU... and then right after have a big sale on a ship that is "reasonably" priced, to the point where even citizens on the fence after the TOS change might be tempted?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
It's a bit like making a blueprint of a unicycle, with a callout for "front wheel".

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

An actual Pinto would be a better space vehicle. You wouldn't be thrown off the instant it starts moving, and it only explodes when hit from one side, as opposed to from any side. It's probably more compact too.

Good point. Didn't think it was possible, but the Pinto looks like an engineering marvel in comparison.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

seriously...?! :confused:

looks like :barf:

I'm looking forward to Madcatz announcing a new Star Citizen Dragonfly Handle Bar controller!

If your sim-pit does not have one, its not a sim-pit!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

the space motorcycle is loving dumb and not the good dumb

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

megane posted:

Damnit you people are too fast

lol @ Deere Dragonfly, that poo poo is snuck in there and hilarious

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

AP posted:

There's no point to doing this, Moma and people like him believe what they want to believe. Also nothing anyone at CIG says means anything anyway.

They have steadily been losing people that are actually rational / reasonable and are boiling down to the most deluded backers. But even MoMA either was outright lying or just simply didn't know that none of the ships are planned for the next couple of YEARS, so that might prevent at least a few more people from tossing money in. CIG does this themselves with things like that cartoonishly evil TOS but there might be people out there that go "Wait, what?" When you repeat CIGs own words back at them.

I bet a lot of people have no idea that these ships aren't even being worked on and are expecting to fly them sometime this year, and don't know that its Now---->SQ42 (2017?) ------>PU (2017/2018/2019??) ------>Work Begins on queue of ships which is becoming longer with every concept sale. (2018-???)

This shitshow is entirely dependent on the hopes and dreams of people too delusional to admit defeat, but something that isn't widely reported (like these ships aren't even in the planning stages yet) might shake some more turds out of this butt.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Kosumo posted:

I'm looking forward to Madcatz announcing a new Star Citizen Dragonfly Handle Bar controller!

If your sim-pit does not have one, its not a sim-pit!

I'm sure some nutball will come up with this for his spacecycle gang:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Atreiden posted:

Why are both guys on the space scooter naked? I don't think I have ever seen concept art, where the artist thought "eh I'll just draw the guys naked" before.

The clothes just stopped rendering when they went through an airlock, that's normal.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This shitshow is entirely dependent on the hopes and dreams of people too delusional to admit defeat, but something that isn't widely reported (like these ships aren't even in the planning stages yet) might shake some more turds out of this butt.

I think he said this off the cuff style a couple months ago on RtV. It was combined with the usual wol eh dop shtick, but I do remember it. Perhaps doing a few searches focused on the inn site via the google hoping for a transcript hit.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

They have steadily been losing people that are actually rational / reasonable and are boiling down to the most deluded backers. But even MoMA either was outright lying or just simply didn't know that none of the ships are planned for the next couple of YEARS, so that might prevent at least a few more people from tossing money in. CIG does this themselves with things like that cartoonishly evil TOS but there might be people out there that go "Wait, what?" When you repeat CIGs own words back at them.

I bet a lot of people have no idea that these ships aren't even being worked on and are expecting to fly them sometime this year, and don't know that its Now---->SQ42 (2017?) ------>PU (2017/2018/2019??) ------>Work Begins on queue of ships which is becoming longer with every concept sale. (2018-???)

Moma only responds to posts he wants to, or when you really annoy him. He's not here to talk about Star Citizen, not sure why he is here but the point remains putting any effort into talking to him is a waste of time as he'll just ignore anything that doesn't fit with his beliefs. Maybe he does work at CIG, I dunno, I don't think he's Octopode anymore.

On top of that none of this poo poo is seeing release, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Edit, maybe that sounds harsh, let's just say my effort days for digging links and quotes up are now limited, I used to do it a lot. Not trying to stop others doing it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/743564208537645057

:shrug:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Man that is a really, really poor choice of words.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I thought that was some paint stripe. Looks like the drat seat can move 3 meters or something in that groove.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Is the star citizen version of the Venture miner in EVE? Because it sure as gently caress looks like it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Sandi watched a Netflix.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

AP posted:

Moma only responds to posts he wants to, or when you really annoy him. He's not here to talk about Star Citizen, not sure why he is here but the point remains putting any effort into talking to him is a waste of time as he'll just ignore anything that doesn't fit with his beliefs. Maybe he does work at CIG, I dunno, I don't think he's Octopode anymore.

On top of that none of this poo poo is seeing release, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Edit, maybe that sounds harsh, let's just say my effort days for digging links and quotes up are now limited, I used to do it a lot. Not trying to stop others doing it.

I'm not doing this for MoMA as his posting is less than worthless, I just literally thought they weren't doing concept sales anymore and the fact that none of these ships are even being worked on is pretty relevant, especially when I just read about 50 messages from True Believers expecting to jump in this thing any day now.

I'm pretty sure it was an image of the CIG forums with the brown background / yellow text where Ben or somebody said essentially that none of these concepts would even exist if the PU came out tomorrow.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Goobs posted:

Is the star citizen version of the Venture miner in EVE? Because it sure as gently caress looks like it.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

jesus christ, it really is.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Man that is a really, really poor choice of words.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Dante80 posted:

Oh...now I understand.

can someone photoshop a parpface under the passengers arm that looks like he's pushing down a girls head onto his schlong and getting spacehead? tia.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

people still buying ships deserve to be fleeced

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm not doing this for MoMA as his posting is less than worthless, I just literally thought they weren't doing concept sales anymore and the fact that none of these ships are even being worked on is pretty relevant, especially when I just read about 50 messages from True Believers expecting to jump in this thing any day now.

I'm pretty sure it was an image of the CIG forums with the brown background / yellow text where Ben or somebody said essentially that none of these concepts would even exist if the PU came out tomorrow.

Oh right, I vaguely remember a comment about ships after X wouldn't be in at release, it will be on INN somewhere. They've never said no more concepts to my knowledge, that would be crazy talk.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This is one of the most generic and dumb "ships" they've come up with in my opinion.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lazrin posted:

goons are so irrelevant in this landscape now including your glorious leader, its time to let it go

SurfaceDetail posted:

You realize derek was made a mod as a joke and no one here actually looks up to him right

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

I thought that was some paint stripe. Looks like the drat seat can move 3 meters or something in that groove.

Except it can't because their broke rear end engine can't do ship modes :lol:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

http://imperialnews.network/2016/04/reverse-the-verse-episode-89-liveblog/

quote:

April 8th 2016

[Is it CIG’s current plan to have all announced ships flyable at commercial launch?] No? Depends what you mean by commercial launch. You can buy the game right now, so technically it’s been launched commercially. Everything from before the Endeavour should be before the end of the Beta.

I trip over comedy all the time.

lol @ " You can buy the game right now, so technically it’s been launched commercially"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Palisader posted:

Wait a minute, okay. I am not always a smart commando, so I could be missing something. But they've released a lovely TOS that has a bit in there about how it applies (I think) to new purchases and anyone who logs into the PU... and then right after have a big sale on a ship that is "reasonably" priced, to the point where even citizens on the fence after the TOS change might be tempted?

It's exactly what it looks like :golfclap:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I'm doing my part. Feel free to paste this anywhere and everywhere.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean derek's a decent enough guy and fun to have around, but goons have been making fun of SC for far longer than he has and unlike SC backers, nobody here is around out of some sense of misbegotten loyalty to a slapfight between game dev personalities.

And before we were making fun of Star Citizen, goons were actually on board with Chris Roberts' fever dream until his incompetence became too obvious to ignore.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I feel the same way about asians Sandi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer