Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I wouldn't get too worked up about stuff going on in the sandbox, if its anything like the precedent WG has already set for development that poo poo is going to be tested for a good 2 years before we see anything in live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I gotta respect that E-25 that charged the T-34. Maybe it was a dumb move objectively, but it was still the best move.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

I wouldn't get too worked up about stuff going on in the sandbox, if its anything like the precedent WG has already set for development that poo poo is going to be tested for a good 2 years before we see anything in live.

lol no it won't if we go by the precedent set by WG it'll get tested for a couple weeks and then get dropped forever

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

lol no it won't if we go by the precedent set by WG it'll get tested for a couple weeks and then get dropped forever

"Thanks for amusing us for a while. Here are some xp boosters for wasting your time."

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

here's a Q&A they did on the what and why of the Sandbox server

https://ammorack.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/sandbox-q-a-15-6-2016/

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
If anyone wanna see how the PS4 version is/how poo poo I am at it: https://www.twitch.tv/alleviatedrisk

Dragon Ridge and everything oh god

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Fair point

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I havn't played this in a year. Any major changes worth noting?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you can flip tanks on their roofs now

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

-Troika- posted:

if you fully aim your shots, you're doing a disservice to yourself, because you're more likely to have your shell go dead center when you're fully bloomed than when you're fully aimed

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
I got accused of being a statpadder for the first time...in my AMX 13 75 of all things:

"panzerstaley (9:48:16 PM) e-roll Padder , just like I suspected"

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

I got accused of being a statpadder for the first time...in my AMX 13 75 of all things:

"panzerstaley (9:48:16 PM) e-roll Padder , just like I suspected"

Slow your e-roll, e-hombre, you're showing your e-privilege here. Why don't you play an e-real e-tank like the E100 and just e-fire only e-HE?

seriously what's with you goons all padding your e-roll?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

http://sellout.woot.com/plus/cobi-blocks-2?ref=tg_gh_so_11_wp_1

Those are some Lego-knockoff kits of tanks and stuff.

Hellsau posted:

4) No gold HE on the CGC. 41 seconds to reload. Did 300 to a STB on a splash, direct and killed an E3 for 481 on the front upper plate. Battle Assistant is built into the game with middle click switching to it. It turns and aims MUCH faster. Splashed right next to a Cent AX for 110. HOLDING ALT LETS YOU FOLLOW THE SHELL! There's some sort of concussion effect - I thought I was drowning, didn't lose any HP, guess an arti tried to CB? Direct hit blind on a CGC and did 220 with a 1200 damage shell, which is dumb. Didn't even damage the gun if that's what happened.

This is already a thing, I posted about it here a month or two ago. I thought it was in Battle Assistant or one of my other mods, but maybe it's been in the vanilla client the whole time. Nevertheless, I use that shell-camera every time I play arty, it's pretty great. Helps to better judge trajectory and velocity.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

This is already a thing, I posted about it here a month or two ago. I thought it was in Battle Assistant or one of my other mods, but maybe it's been in the vanilla client the whole time. Nevertheless, I use that shell-camera every time I play arty, it's pretty great. Helps to better judge trajectory and velocity.

I didn't expect them to include the shell follow in the main game, but it appears they just ported the whole mod into the game. That's pretty sweet, good on them.

Now if they'll allow us to have more rows in the carousel we'll be golden.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I'm considering playing this game again after dropping it for about a year now. Does anyone want to reinvite me for the bonuses? Preferably someone who can platoon today (Friday) afternoon pst.

NA server, username is Haneman.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zettace posted:

I'm considering playing this game again after dropping it for about a year now. Does anyone want to reinvite me for the bonuses? Preferably someone who can platoon today (Friday) afternoon pst.

NA server, username is Haneman.

am i doing this wrong or what the gently caress

e: wait noobmeter says you got drunk and played 13 battles back in march after a break since the end of 2014. Well I guess it doesn't say you were drunk, it was merely implied.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's well pass the 60 day time frame so I'm just going to guess the system is broke.

Edited for safety.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 20, 2016

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
It is, someone else had the same problem a few pages back. It just randomly sets you as a recruiter if you have enough battles and then you can't be recruited.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Darkrenown posted:

It is, someone else had the same problem a few pages back. It just randomly sets you as a recruiter if you have enough battles and then you can't be recruited.

Yeah that was me. They must've implemented that dumb autorecruiter system a good while after they actually implemented the recruitment program itself though. I swear I read something about goons using it without issue with people who had more battles played than Haneman here. Dunno why they'd gently caress it up and not bother telling anyone.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

-Troika- posted:

I restarted last week. it plays exactly as it did ~7 to 9 months ago when I stopped playing. Pubbies are worse somehow. I guess tanks move slightly differently....? It's the same.

Although there feels like there was a credit nerf across the board, because 3k damage games do not appear to pay out like they used to. Someone else might need to confirm/deny that though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Atomizer posted:

http://sellout.woot.com/plus/cobi-blocks-2?ref=tg_gh_so_11_wp_1

Those are some Lego-knockoff kits of tanks and stuff.

I've never gotten that to work. With the battle assistant, or with no mods. :(

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Apparently my friend sucked the right dicks, because I got into the sandbox as well. :toot:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

McGavin posted:

Apparently my friend sucked the right dicks, because I got into the sandbox as well. :toot:

Is his WN8 lower than 500?
I might have a theory here...
:tinfoil:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want to buy the IS-3A but I know I shouldn't.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
All right, one-shot a medium tank with the KV-1's big gun. That was very satisfying.
Then a KV-2 oneshot me. JESUS CHRIST THE HE PEN DAMAGE. Shooting HEAT is pretty cool too, I guess. I'm supposing if you want to do well you should load at least some gold rounds, as I get nailed with them constantly.

Bought the russian Churchill, because I heard its good and helps me train my KV-1 crew. It is pretty fun and prints money like crazy. I was planning on possibly going down russian mediums since those are on my tree, as well as german mediums. Maybe some TDs too. What are the big differences in TDs for the nations? OP says Russian TDs have good camo, while German TDs have bad camo but great gun handling, but IDK about the US TDs. Not interested in the french, since the OP says they're not for bads like me.

Also, I have a Luchs... but apparently none of the prerequisite tanks are researched for it. I have no idea what I was doing all those years ago. I have a T4 german arty, FFS. The Luchs is really loving fun for a light tank, the magazine gun has insane pen and pisses people off to no end, even if it doesn't do great damage. And I get wrecked by Leopards all the time so maybe it'd be a nice tank to get? I don't know poo poo about lights, lol.

Say I decided I want to do german lights, mediums, and russian mediums. What premium tanks would be good buys for helping train a crew for those tanks?

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 17, 2016

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

BadLlama posted:

I want to buy the IS-3A but I know I shouldn't.

I saw a number of (truly awful) pubs call it the new type 59. Is there something to differentiate it from the standard IS-3? I've seen a bunch in games and so far I've shot it like an IS-3 to great effect.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Is there something to differentiate it from the standard IS-3?

yeah it's hugely less accurate

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I saw a number of (truly awful) pubs call it the new type 59. Is there something to differentiate it from the standard IS-3? I've seen a bunch in games and so far I've shot it like an IS-3 to great effect.

Its slower and less accurate and get full MM, still seems like a solid tank that could be used in tier 8 strongholds.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
And a poor crew trainer due to the lack of a loader.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The only reason pubbies would call the IS-3A 'the new Type 59' is because they've been too stupid to try the FCM 50T. But then again, driving the 50T is difficult because you have to take into account you're the length of an eighteen-wheeler and just about as armored (not that that's even an issue anymore, unless those sandbox changes go live).

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
Welcome, Turmoilx! You have been admitted to the World of Tanks Sandbox Test. Please familiarize yourself with the information about this Closed Test. Your test account will be activated within 48 hours.

im N, slick wet and ready to go ..now that i think of it na server is so small everyone probably got accepted

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 18, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Has no one posted Quickybaby's preview of the supremely mediocre KV-4 KTTS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEbOzgIIaw

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Most of us try to forget that quickybaby exists, and just assume those QSF idiots in our matches are trolling and intentionally playing badly and just haven't unlocked the top gun on the Cent 7 after 800 games somehow.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

quote:

Axeinator (8:14:22 PM) that was a dick move, grinding me
StrokerMcGavin (8:14:44 PM) I didn't grind you, retard
Axeinator (8:15:16 PM) listen retard you did, sent my shot off somewhere else then i got nailed because of it
StrokerMcGavin (8:15:32 PM) you deserved it then idiot
Axeinator (8:15:37 PM) learn how to drive
Axeinator (8:15:51 PM) no, just idiots like you that do it
Axeinator (8:16:15 PM) lol its the only way you can get ahead
StrokerMcGavin (8:16:36 PM) whatever moron, you're trash
StrokerMcGavin (8:23:30 PM) I just watched the replay and I've come to the conclusion that you're completely loving retarded. You were grinding the Obj 704, you inbred mouthbreather. I was in a loving Type 61 on the other side of the map.
StrokerMcGavin (8:24:42 PM) Holy poo poo I have met a lot of idiots playing this game, but you have got to be the biggest.
StrokerMcGavin (8:36:05 PM) Here, have the replay so you can watch your retarded rear end dry hump an Obj 704 whenever you want: http://wotreplays.com/site/2762371#cliff-strokermcgavin-type_61

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It may be mediocre, but damned if it doesn't look like something you'd put together in Crossout.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm pretty stoked on the sandbox changes. Arty is not terrible to play anymore because it aims super-fast and even though you'll almost never do more than ~500 damage your shots still help thanks to the debuff. Also TDs get wrecked by mediums and lights now, it's great.

Edit: Haha mediums don't have any view range anymore! :wtc:

I think camo has just become WAY more important in the meta.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 18, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
It seems like whenever I look at the sandbox stuff it seems to swing wildly. I really do like the SPG change though, even just doing that alone would be a pretty huge improvement.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:stare: THE 121 HAS 300 VIEW RANGE.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

:stare: THE 121 HAS 300 VIEW RANGE.

Someone needs to mention that this is WG being racist against Asians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah the TVP is a loving stupid tank that shouldn't be allowed to exist. Even with shots going straight into the dirt from 30 meters away, still came away with 6k damage in 6 minutes on Prok.

I also pissed off some piece of poo poo Confederate rear end in a top hat so that was fun.