Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

PoptartsNinja posted:

Russ likes sniping (and bringing LRMs with 1 ton of ammo per launcher) and every change is made to cater to Russ's proclivities

What makes someone decide that is a good idea? I do not understand. If true, I feel something is deeply broken in Russ's brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

vorebane posted:

What makes someone decide that is a good idea? I do not understand. If true, I feel something is deeply broken in Russ's brain.

actually, i think you'll find he's prepared to engage hostiles in any situation. scared?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Wasnt Russ the guy who nerfed energy range quirks cause he felt there was too much ERLL spam going on?
Or was that Paul?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

vorebane posted:

Well if youre bad enough at the game, 10-12 shots is more than you will have a chance to fire during a round.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I dunked russ' uac5 catapult in a pirates bane while drunk. Also his pubs rushed to save him and I popped a UAV before getting owned by a random fart and
My team rolled them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Wasnt Russ the guy who nerfed energy range quirks cause he felt there was too much ERLL spam going on?
Or was that Paul?

No, IS was able to start out sniping clan.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

DiHK posted:

So... like... there's no details about the PTS ghost heat test Mr. 9?

That's fairly in line with :pgi: i guess.

I don't know enough about where the development process on it is at to say much more than what I have.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Haha, pubbies raging at my lrm sad panda.

Anyone seen BMR lately? Both units need a contract.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 17, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Pooncha posted:

I wonder if we should consider paging in Kazvall for this.

That was like, a year and two threads ago.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Patch notes are live now: http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

I'm not quoting them here because it's a lot of words as this is a huge patch.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That locust, my god, so tiny.

I don't know why they bothered to make the Mist Lynx's kill counter monitor more visible. You don't actually get to use that monitor.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 18, 2016

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Kodiak's center torso got smaller.

edit: loving :laffo: they didn't touch the Archer's quirks and made it significantly bigger.

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 18, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rip frozen city :smith:

E: please don't fix tourmaline

Ee: command wheel!

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 18, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oxide, Black Knights, Warhammers and the AS-7 got a noticeable nerf to their offensive quirks. Black Knights the hardest hit out of all of them though.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Kodiak's center torso got smaller.

edit: loving :laffo: they didn't touch the Archer's quirks and made it significantly bigger.

Thank god. I'm not 100% certain the Kodiak has side torsos atm.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
lol lots of IS lights got significantly bigger

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
They reduced Atlas S and all Warhams structure :negative:

E:

loving Shadowhawk is still too drat tall.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
lol the ZEUS got made bigger

gotta tamp down those OP zeuses

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

lol lots of IS lights got significantly bigger

Yet the Locust got even smaller.

e: lol by god they sure did "nerf" the oxide. There you go guys, you cant accelerate as fast and you heat up just a little bit faster. Hah...
e2: These nerfs aren't very nerfy... Highlander IIC got structure and movement quirks :O and my Vindicators got structure quirks now, yay!

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 18, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad to see the grasshopper is now taller, there were still a few skyscrapers it could hide behind.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Holy poo poo they really put the IS lights into the rack for some stretching and then made the Locust even better at being impossible to hit. Thats some :pgi: right there.

I'm also happy for the suprise buff the AWS-8Q got, that mech now has -30% heat on PPCs, so happy. Not sure how to feel about the rescale though. I'm cautiously hoping that the more compact front profile is worth the larger side profile, since I'm usually shooting PPCs from 400m-600m range and thus facing the enemy most of the time.

The Nova rescale is really good for the price of losing a few points of structure everywhere and now that you can actually hide behind things I'm considering running 10xERML for peek and poke.

RIP my pulse Grasshopper, made even taller and had its range and cooldown quirks removed with some durability too.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I dont get why the Firestarter was made even bigger.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
How many years is that for breakable objects in frozen?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Patch too long

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Skoll posted:

I dont get why the Firestarter was made even bigger.

It's the same height as the hunchback. :lol:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
4SP aside, they appear to have gone through my mechbays and shitted up everything :( Firestarter, Atlas, Black Widow.

No making GBS threads on clan stuff either :(

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Nice to see they further nerfed the Huggin. It was really over performing compared to the Oxide.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
So, uh. Can the locust fit completely beneath the water now that it is even shorter?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Commoners posted:

So, uh. Can the locust fit completely beneath the water now that it is even shorter?

You know the answer in your heart commoners.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
play robots you fuckers. I'm tired of pubbin.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Why cant we have just a good change. Slimmer awesome, tbolt, cpult, dragon, victor, thats it. no need to make anything bigger, it's ok, no stop, gently caress, noo

That's insane, how could they imagine the banshee needs any kind of nerf. and the battlemaster? even the mauler ffs. has the brown sea been full of whining about people being able to kill their uac10 kodiaks with any other robot?

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 18, 2016

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Why cant we have just a good change. Slimmer awesome, tbolt, cpult, dragon, victor, thats it. no need to make anything bigger, it's ok, no stop, gently caress, noo

That's insane, how could they imagine the banshee needs any kind of nerf. and the battlemaster? even the mauler ffs. has the brown sea been full of whining about people being able to kill their uac10 kodiaks with any other robot?

Nah. They just had a :spergin: moment and decided that if they're going to resize robots volumetrically they might as well resize all of them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

play robots you fuckers. I'm tired of pubbin.

event made me boot up for the first time in several weeks.

pubbing has quickly reminded me how loving trash this game is when you have to rely on people known for wetting themselves at the first hint of enemy contact and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to be gone for several more weeks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

event made me boot up for the first time in several weeks.

pubbing has quickly reminded me how loving trash this game is when you have to rely on people known for wetting themselves at the first hint of enemy contact and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to be gone for several more weeks.

Its kinda weird how much we keep hammering only play with goons, and then people proceed to not do that and come here and whine.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It's almost like people don't know how to log in to mumbles.

*twiddles his thumbs in mumble while downloading other games*

Who the hell is Dueling Bandsaws.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 18, 2016

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Hey, way back I dropped with Word of Lowtax. I'd like to rejoin, what should I do?

Ingame Pilot is Kyle Myr

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Skoll posted:

Its kinda weird how much we keep hammering only play with goons, and then people proceed to not do that and come here and whine.

when i want to play and literally no one else in WoL or on my friend list is on there's not really much to do about it. mumble's also been empty whenever I've checked over the last week or so and considered playing a few games, so my general impression is that overwatch probably killed groups for this game

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

when i want to play and literally no one else in WoL or on my friend list is on there's not really much to do about it. mumble's also been empty whenever I've checked over the last week or so and considered playing a few games, so my general impression is that overwatch probably killed groups for this game

Do what I do and bug people on steam to play with you.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Skoll posted:

Do what I do and bug people on steam to play with you.

Hey, log in fucko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
Goons at their finest: https://www.twitch.tv/piranhagames/v/72846005?t=24m

The cards don't lie: :smuggo:

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 18, 2016

• Locked thread