Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Billy the Mountain posted:

Five minutes ago, I just finished listening to the last of every single episode of comedy bang bang. I've been listening for a year.

There's nothing left. It's all over. I feel as if there is a giant hole in my life.

There are 1-2 new ones every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Five minutes ago, I just finished listening to the last of every single episode of comedy bang bang. I've been listening for a year.

There's nothing left. It's all over. I feel as if there is a giant hole in my life.

Start over. You probably missed something funny.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wonder if Len was involved?

quote:

Spanish soccer star David de Gea has denied allegations that he organized a sex party with prostitutes for two fellow footballers in 2012.

De Gea, who is with Spain's national team in France for the Euro 2016 tournament, told reporters Friday that the claims were "a lie and utterly false."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/football/david-de-gea-denies-claims-spain-football/index.html

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I sure hope Len isn't involved with trafficked women.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'm not commuting because I'm currently unemployed so my CBB backlog has grown and I am currently catching up with the Weird Al episode from the other week but holy poo poo it is so good! Greg the businessman had me almost swerve off the road.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The would you rather on the latest episode was great.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As someone who kind of hates WYR, I very much agree.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Do you have Howl? Get Howl and you got like 70 live episodes. I'm currently working through last month's live tour and just about every episode is Best Of quality.

I had been resisting Howl, since I was using the podcast iPhone app to listen to them. I have however signed up for my free week, and the content has me sold, I'll be subscribing definitely. I'm halfway through You Talking U2 To me, Started Kevin Pollack's podcast, and have started in on the CBB live tour from last month.

Plus it has a whole shitload of Spalding Gray monologues. I am sold.

VagueRant posted:

Every episode in a YEAR?! That's more than a podcast a day. How has Scott Aukerman's time-filling blabber not burned an actual hole in your MIND?!

It kind of did, actually. There was a long streatch after episode 310 or so where I found it a slog to get through. But I had to keep going. I was fully invested and had to see it to the end.
Things I have learned: Andy Daly is a certified genius, as is Lapkis. PFT is simultaneously the best and the worst improver on earth. He's super fumy and is almost never thrown for a loop, but if he gets his ire up at Scott, he has no problem with dropping out of the scene while still being in character to meta comment on whatever it is Scott is doing that he thinks is just really really dumb. Not a complaint, mind you.

Solo Bolo's loving suck 100%. I didn't know Harris Whittles had died until I heard about it on the podcast a couple months ago. I miss Foam corner.

Best Guests who arent improvers: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Caine/Connery segment was amazing. Goose and Gander still kills me.

Favorite Standalone Episode: Shifting bouncy. 1 man, 3 characters, flawless story line, full commitment and fantastic performance.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

There are 1-2 new ones every week

I know, but that does not satisfy the Daily Content Intake Minimum.

The Ape of Naples posted:

Start over. You probably missed something funny.

Oh gosh I hope not.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Solo Bolo's loving suck 100%.

Go to hell you piece of poo poo.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
They are bad though

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm usually down on musical guests AND singer songwriter acoustic guitarists in general and...

..I kinda need to hunt down that Robyn cover in full. Damnit.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tnimark posted:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tnimark posted:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Solo Bolos are great and PFT is at his funniest when he's calling Scott out on bad jokes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do people really like the singing

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I really really like Ben Schwartz and his energy, but I can totally see how Solo Bolos grate and it brings out some of the worst in Scott.

I have however signed up for my free week
Oh noo, you get a free month with a promo code. You can just google them, think I used 'lauren'. Not trying to play Captain Hindsight here, just thought I should say for anyone else considering trying Howl.

I am starting to see the glaring downsides of the app now though. Weird things like how it randomly plays a paused podcast when I get a text. And I had to google how on earth you delete your downloads. (On the downloads screen, you SLIDE the episode leftwards to reveal the delete button? SUPER INTUITIVE GUYS.)

Help Im Alive posted:

The Wild Horses Howl thing is pretty good too
The Perspective? Solid reccommendation, thanks! I surprisingly enjoyed their madcap interviews a lot more than the sketches. I do feel bad though, because I heart Lapkus, and I like Stephanie Allyne and Mary Holland a lot...and then there's that other one! Poor Erin. I can't even pick her voice out most the time, I think I mistake her for Mary. :smith:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I think you can cancel your Howl subscription and then resubscribe and put in a free month code (HOLLYWOOD for example) to get a free month if you didn't use a code when you signed up originally.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Solo Bolos are great and PFT is at his funniest when he's calling Scott out on bad jokes.

Monday's episode had a lot of good calling out of Scott's habits and it was great.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I sometimes hear Barry from American Dad in my head saying "A joke killer. He's a joke killer."

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Help Im Alive posted:

Do people really like the singing

Before it got played out and obligatory, yep!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

defectivemonkey posted:

Monday's episode had a lot of good calling out of Scott's habits and it was great.

Yeah I think Cackowski needs to come in like every 3-4 months to bust Scott's balls about that

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

VagueRant posted:

On the downloads screen, you SLIDE the episode leftwards to reveal the delete button? SUPER INTUITIVE GUYS.)

I'm guessing this is not on an iPhone? Because that behavior is all over iOS.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I liked how Natasha pointed out exactly why wyr hasn't been good in years and Scott got mad.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Alright, serious question, how is this thread not full of people complaining about Natasha Leggero's laugh?

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I'm guessing this is not on an iPhone? Because that behavior is all over iOS.
Oh seriously? That explains a lot. I'm on Android, and this is the only smartphone I've ever owned, I would've expected a longpress or a visible button to reveal the delete thing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Her laugh is the coolest + I'm jealous

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Her laugh is good

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I love her on podcasts because of her laugh??

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Really? It sounds so fake to me. Like I love PFT and and Kulap's laughs, they crack me up. Leggero just reminds me of that scene from Final Fantasy X or something.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Her laugh is the coolest + I'm jealous

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Really? It sounds so fake to me. Like I love PFT and and Kulap's laughs, they crack me up. Leggero just reminds me of that scene from Final Fantasy X or something.

youre an idiot is why.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rhys and Scott really clicked.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They should move in together.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Natasha We Love Your Laugh

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Work Friend Keven posted:

I liked how Natasha pointed out exactly why wyr hasn't been good in years and Scott got mad.

I haven't listened to the ep and honestly don't know if I will so could you explain this to me?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The question was something like "would you rather be able to grant wishes or have moss for hair" and she instantly said "well why would anyone have moss for hair? Some person was trying to show they're funny."

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Oh man.. the floor wasn't open for questions :magical:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I think the theme song might have taken longer than they played the game for.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

But even that can be great if the guests play along. Scott would make it interesting by adding details.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
As a new listener to CBB, what does "playing along" with wyr mean exactly? Like just go completely off the rails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The gimmick is that alongside what's written in the question is a whole lot of supplementary information you can only get by asking Scott. So the guests ask him a silly question and he comes up with a silly answer and so on back and forth. There's also a scoring system for the pertinence of your questions and for choosing the correct answer.