Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

What's going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

You mean Orange right?

I dont think his hair is orange though

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

This kid is amazing. I recommend everyone watch this.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

There's no way that America's rejection of Trumpism results in a viable insurrection. Everybody chill the gently caress out.

It doesn't have to be viable in order to hurt or kill a bunch of people.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

If there's one thing that any Republicans that actually manage to claw their way to elected office and the Democrats can agree on after the election, it's that Trump can suck his own shriveled, spray tanned dick. Anybody shows up and tries to start any poo poo over his not getting elected can spend the rest of their lives in agonizing pain crucified along I-495.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Wow a lot of terrible fan ficing in the last several posts.

IMO the GOPe shouldn't ratfuck Trump. At least not now and out of the nom.

They should financially ratfuck him. Like if the decades of rumors of his books being all BS is true, then I'm sure the can do the financial drone snipe him.

edit: Also Twitter should ban him after Nov.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

That is a very very specific fetish for someone to have.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pope Guilty posted:

It doesn't have to be viable in order to hurt or kill a bunch of people.

....and drive its underlying ideology further from the mainstream.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

He's got more muscle mass than I would have expected. Must be the colloidal silver.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

There's no way that America's rejection of Trumpism results in a viable insurrection. Everybody chill the gently caress out.

Thats a bummer, cause its not like it would be America's best and brightest getting hauled off to prison.

PhazonLink posted:

Wow a lot of terrible fan ficing in the last several posts.

IMO the GOPe shouldn't ratfuck Trump. At least not now and out of the nom.

They should financially ratfuck him. Like if the decades of rumors of his books being all BS is true, then I'm sure the can do the financial drone snipe him.

edit: Also Twitter should ban him after Nov.

Theres no way his taxes dont leak at some point. That should do the trick.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Yeah, to be clear, I was more worried about a bunch of shootings in major population centres than a full-scale civil war that would require things like organisation, hierarchy, and the ability to suborn part of the army. Worst case some sort of guerilla movement that shits on everything until the people involved are caught.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Electric Bugaloo posted:

nobody's saying it will succeed. everyone saying that it's likely he'll freak out and call for violence and a decent number of idiots will try to start poo poo and get clobbered

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If we were consistently right about things, Trump wouldn't be the Republican nominee.

I'm pretty openminded at this point.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

If we were consistently right about things, Trump wouldn't be the Republican nominee.

I'm pretty openminded at this point.

Honestly. I try to not make any predictions and just sit back and watch and wait. I can't imagine how exhausting it is to try to predict anything in this election.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

pumpinglemma posted:

A nasty thought occured to me recently. If Trump really is on the receiving end of a full-on Mondale-scale shafting, what happens if he decides the best way of getting more narcissistic supply is to call for his supporters to rise up and tear down the evil election-rigging Democratic government? Given that they're the ones with the guns and all. Obviously he'd be in jail within the day, but wouldn't the country still be totally hosed?

Mostly it'd result in a couple dozen dead white guys who thought they could totally take on the cops and military with their gun hoards and extensive shooting experience (in Call of Duty).

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Xanderkish posted:

Honestly. I try to not make any predictions and just sit back and watch and wait. I can't imagine how exhausting it is to try to predict anything in this election.

I imagine it can wear down even a dedicated schizophrenic.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Prester Jane posted:

I imagine it can wear down even a dedicated schizophrenic.

lol if you think Trump will even care if he loses or if you think he ever thought he could win

he will shrug and move on and continue making all kinds of money

:toxx:

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
Jesus Christ people, if Mitt Romney loving up the White Horse prophecy didn't lead to a bunch of already-armed-and-hiding-from-the-government-due-to-their-polygamy-cult Mormons from starting Deseret Storm III, there's no loving way that the Rascal Battalion forms in the wake of a Trump loss.

The violence in the aftermath of November will be completely lost in statistical anomalies.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Noam Chomsky posted:

lol if you think Trump will even care if he loses or if you think he ever thought he could win

I will say, though, that the one thing I can't say I accept is the idea that this is all 5th dimensional chess on the part of Donald Trump. I find it far more plausible that Trump is simply a blistering moron.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Superrodan posted:

This kid is amazing. I recommend everyone watch this.

Petition for this kid to be allowed to vote

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eschers Basement posted:

Deseret Storm III

:golfclap:

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Noam Chomsky posted:

he will shrug and move on and continue making all kinds of money

:toxx:

Also this

I'm 90% sure Vanity Fair's unfounded speculation is right and Trump starts his own form of Breitbart either after the election or in a back room deal to pass the nomination to some safe alternative

Xanderkish posted:

I will say, though, that the one thing I can't say I accept is the idea that this is all 5th dimensional chess on the part of Donald Trump. I find it far more plausible that Trump is simply a blistering moron.

I don't think it's advanced thinking- I think the Vanity Fair article had him well pegged as an egotistical jackass but a decent businessman who's pissed that the media is profiting off of his rallies and speeches while he isn't, and starting up his own media company is the way for him to make money off of his own publicity while flipping the double-bird to people he hates, so it's win-win.

Eschers Basement fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 18, 2016

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Xanderkish posted:

it's not even one dimensional chess

he literally repeats what his supporters say back to them

anything popular with the wingnuts, he say

the guys's spent his life doing whatever the gently caress he wants and making, somehow, people put up with it. this is no different.

hell, he used to be friends with clinton and has said democrats are better for the economy. his whole campaign is just bullshit.

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 18, 2016

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
It would be great if the trumpstaffel rose up to try to destroy democracy because then we could dump napalm on them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

weekly font posted:

A rat gently caress probably just means extremely low turnout. Old white people don't riot in the streets.

There's a zero percent chance of Trump getting ratfucked and people not getting the ever loving poo poo beaten out of them (or worse) in the ensuing riot. The diehard Trumpers at the convention will lose their poo poo if a last second rule change is used to deny him the nomination.

He won't get ratfucked though. The powerbrokers of the party might label him a lost cause and focus entirely on downticket races but they won't do something that has a highest chance of destroying the party. But we can still dream.

pumpinglemma posted:

A nasty thought occured to me recently. If Trump really is on the receiving end of a full-on Mondale-scale shafting, what happens if he decides the best way of getting more narcissistic supply is to call for his supporters to rise up and tear down the evil election-rigging Democratic government? Given that they're the ones with the guns and all. Obviously he'd be in jail within the day, but wouldn't the country still be totally hosed?

You didn't pay attention to the wildlife refuge incident earlier this year, did you? They put out all sorts of Call to Arms and poo poo after Finnicum got himself killed by trying to act out his murder fanfic and Cliven got his long overdue arrest. Nobody did anything because the people who play dressup and boast about ARE PATRIOT FREEDUMS (ie: the 3% movement) are the biggest cowards of them all.

Crain posted:

Cleveland is in real bad shape. They don't have the gear ready, PD's are dropping out of supporting the Cleveland PD as back up due to poor planning, and the funding is far short of what it should be.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the National Guard get's called in last minute for support.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/06/12/is-cleveland-ready-for-republican-national-convention-critics-say-no.html

Normally I'd say this is a good thing but Ohio's National Guard doesn't exactly have the best reputation when it comes to protests either.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/status/743983545337659392

Well that's one way to put it

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

see. just says whatever bullshit wingnut idiots are saying this week.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
It makes sense because if there's one thing Republicans love it's a circular firing squad.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
In regards to Trump and his cargo cult campaign (thank you again for this analogy Prester Jane) the only thing I'm doing is enjoying the show.

If Trump manages to crash even harder in the next few weeks, so hard that the GOP decides to rat gently caress him? Well shows over. And everyone will know it.

If he "stabilizes" somehow for the next few weeks to secure his nomination? Well that's 4.5 more months after that of an orange clown taking the biggest, most rancid poo poo ever on political decorum, all while ripping up the tense alliance built by the southern strategy for 60 years, under the banner of the GOP themselves.

And if Trump jump starts some 3%ers to try something between now and January 26th 2017? It's just Malhuer all over again. And that was fun as poo poo to watch.

And on the chance that some of these vile, belligerent, retards get violent and starts killing people? Well I didn't really feel much from Orlando. That shits part of the weather report for me at this point.

So calm down, get a beer, and someone should go make popcorn.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Crain posted:

In regards to Trump and his cargo cult campaign (thank you again for this analogy Prester Jane) the only thing I'm doing is enjoying the show.

If Trump manages to crash even harder in the next few weeks, so hard that the GOP decides to rat gently caress him? Well shows over. And everyone will know it.

If he "stabilizes" somehow for the next few weeks to secure his nomination? Well that's 4.5 more months after that of an orange clown taking the biggest, most rancid poo poo ever on political decorum, all while ripping up the tense alliance built by the southern strategy for 60 years, under the banner of the GOP themselves.

And if Trump jump starts some 3%ers to try something between now and January 26th 2017? It's just Malhuer all over again. And that was fun as poo poo to watch.

And on the chance that some of these vile, belligerent, retards get violent and starts killing people? Well I didn't really feel much from Orlando. That shits part of the weather report for me at this point.

So calm down, get a beer, and someone should go make popcorn.

Dear Sir,

Have you considered taking an exam to see if you are a sociopath? Because it seems that you have no empathy for human beings. Here are some helpful links.

http://illnessquiz.com/sociopath-test/

Sincerely a Concerned Forums Poster,

Hollis Mason

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Yep, he's sure playing 5th dimensional chess alright. :rolleyes:

The guy is a moron, he has no idea what he's doing, and he literally has no campaign. He's riding a populist wave of racist assholes which is just about to crash into a 300 foot tall steel supported concrete sea wall. There is no brains behind the operation, what you see from Trump is what you get.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Eschers Basement posted:

Jesus Christ people, if Mitt Romney loving up the White Horse prophecy didn't lead to a bunch of already-armed-and-hiding-from-the-government-due-to-their-polygamy-cult Mormons from starting Deseret Storm III, there's no loving way that the Rascal Battalion forms in the wake of a Trump loss.

The violence in the aftermath of November will be completely lost in statistical anomalies.

The hypothesized X factor is an orange demagogue calling for violence, not a milquetoast personification of mayonnaise trying to give a concession speech, for Pete's sake. LOL at the idea of some weekend patriots trying to overthrow that tyrant Clinton though.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Hollismason posted:

Dear Sir,

Have you considered taking an exam to see if you are a sociopath? Because it seems that you have no empathy for human beings. Here are some helpful links.

http://illnessquiz.com/sociopath-test/

Sincerely a Concerned Forums Poster,

Hollis Mason

Funny, but it's not like I'm totally heartless. Mass shooting just occupy the same space as hearing that a tornado took out a town in the midwest somewhere. I'm just numb to it.

(Did the test anyway, Got "You are not at all a sociopath").

Crain fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 18, 2016

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It's pretty hosed up to talk about the mass murder of LGBT hispanic people as "entertainment".

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Wierd how constant news of shootings and the immidiate politicization of the topic can desensitize a population.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

This kid is going places.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Horking Delight posted:

It's pretty hosed up to talk about the mass murder of LGBT hispanic people as "entertainment".

Wasn't my point. And I didn't say that.

Watching Trump will be entertaining.

Watching Yeeehaaa!-dists try and take over government buildings poorly will be entertaining.

People getting killed if it goes that far will be tragic. But it doesn't phase me like it once did anymore.

Crain fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 18, 2016

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx
Mayor of Charleston West Virginia is de-registering as a Republican because of Trump:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-politics/20160617/after-45-years-danny-jones-leaves-republican-party

quote:

“A whole lot of things make me uncomfortable about partisan politics, and I do not want to be identified with the political partisanship that is shaping so much of the debates nationally and in West Virginia,” Jones said. “I plan to complete my current term, and have no plans to run for any office ever again.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Who are the people running the Drumpf campaign? I've been hearing it's Republican operatives that work in bumfuck nowhere to obscure state level reps. For good reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

Who are the people running the Drumpf campaign? I've been hearing it's Republican operatives that work in bumfuck nowhere to obscure state level reps. For good reasons.

No one. Literally no on is running it.

• Locked thread