Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Scathach posted:

Also I'm paying for some peeps to get coozies, so if you're still itching for a coozie go ahead and message Mouse Dresser for details-- first come, first serve, yadda yadda.

E: Weird Craigslist ads: Nothing shall be forced.

I commented. . .he creepily replied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm pretty sure this Loving Bed guy is a character from a ClickHole adventure.

How do you manage "prerequisite" but get "swear" so friggin' wrong?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CuteStorm posted:

Is this from a movie? I'm so confused.

Yes, it's the plot of Notting Hill. I cannot imagine being so bored that I would post plots of 1990s movies on Craigslist.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

CuteStorm posted:

The world's worst boss.

This is from Dodgeball, and is really great. Nice find.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

RickVoid posted:

This is from Dodgeball, and is really great. Nice find.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't wrap my head around some of these. Do these folks think that the go-to move for "Hey, we briefly interacted" is to go on Craigslist to either try and find the person, or look to see if someone posted something on the site about you?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Imagine having to deal with this guy. I've read it a couple of times and I'm not even sure what happened with the iPod aside from it's all factual and true statements!!!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
MY FRIGGING LOVE DOES BUTTHOLES

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

MisterBibs posted:

I can't wrap my head around some of these. Do these folks think that the go-to move for "Hey, we briefly interacted" is to go on Craigslist to either try and find the person, or look to see if someone posted something on the site about you?
I think its a relic of a time when your town is like 5000 people and everyone reads the news paper front to back, so if you met some young girl and didn't make a move because you are some sort of repressed gentlemen, you leave a classified ad for her dad to see so you can get to courting in a proper way.

Craigslist is the classifieds, so why shouldn't it work now?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The worst was when I worked with this one cute blonde twenty-year-old woman. Every couple of weeks, she would come in and people would say "hey, I read something on missed connections... is this about you?!?" Yeah, this poor girl not only got the pointy end of the sexual harassment stick from fellow employees and customers, but it was also routinely published for the city to see.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
This thread makes me feel kind of sad and gross, but it's really addicting to read these.

Hey I saved your life and I forgot to cash in the bj I'm owed

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

I only gently caress memes

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Here cum dat boi

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lbeuol
Aug 19, 2006

Washing my hands since 2002

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Thanks for the coozies, MouseDresser! Sorry it took me so dang long to post pics! The coozies enticed me to try this odd beer I found at the store with no price label.

Please excuse the ugly scratched countertop (yes, that is a sink underneath my monitor), we're living in a little trailer while we build our place and the cats are less than thrilled. Around August I should be able to photograph silly things in a brand-new place.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Jun 17, 2016

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I don't have any more coozies. Sorry for anyone that wants one. I gave them to a friend of mine who works in a theater in town to use as dragon scales for a costume (she's cutting scales out of the foam to make the suit).

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Mouse Dresser posted:

I don't have any more coozies. Sorry for anyone that wants one. I gave them to a friend of mine who works in a theater in town to use as dragon scales for a costume (she's cutting scales out of the foam to make the suit).

Please post a picture when it's done, that sounds awesome!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Craigslist has a "rants and raves" section, but if missed connections is cheating, then that's like blindfolding the other team's outfielders. Here's some weird poo poo from around here though!

help computers are hard

this one wouldn't be that weird, except there were five other projection TVs listed in the "free poo poo" section too. Maybe there was a sale on less gigantic TVs at best buy?

EARL WOULD YOU GET RID OF THAT STUPID DISH MOUNT ALREADY?

No worries, m'dear. The internet will take it! :eng101:

presented with all original context intact

I would add a birb post but I currently lack a birb :(

e: seconding request for dragon cloak pics, sounds very cool

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scathach posted:

And a picture from before it's painted, when we can still see the proud armigery of the Schmutz wedding peeking through the scales.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:
I just found a god drat diner for sale

BAD ASS minion memes!
Apr 12, 2014

The Blue Pyramid posted:

I just found a god drat diner for sale

Does it have a vent hood?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Do my laundry in your house with my detergent please.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Scathach posted:

Yeah, it's for a children's theater production. She said she needed something black and lightweight to cut scales out of and I offered up the coozies. I live in Oregon, recycling and re-purposing has been drilled into my skull.

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
I bring fresh fodder!
Wouldn't want to be embarassed over astral projecting with a bot!

Fine art.

You could get THREE squatting old woman's for the price of one Anime Lovers. Love that they've owned it for 25 years.

I couldn't find you any terrible tattoo exchanges, so here's a terrible tattoo level painting of a lioness.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Dalris Othaine posted:

Craigslist has a "rants and raves" section, but if missed connections is cheating, then that's like blindfolding the other team's outfielders. Here's some weird poo poo from around here though!

this one wouldn't be that weird, except there were five other projection TVs listed in the "free poo poo" section too. Maybe there was a sale on less gigantic TVs at best buy?

That tv weighs 246 pounds. As someone who got rid of an old Wega after 10 years and 9 moves, I was happy to see it go. That thing was a beast to lug around, and was probably half that weight.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Autechresaint posted:

That tv weighs 246 pounds. As someone who got rid of an old Wega after 10 years and 9 moves, I was happy to see it go. That thing was a beast to lug around, and was probably half that weight.
Every time I go looking for content for this thread there's tons of old projection TVs in the "Free" section. Someone left one outside my apartment building when they moved out a few months ago. Large flat-panels are so much better in every way you literally can't give rear-projection TVs away anymore.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Why hasn't anyone told you to send pictures of the dragon costume to the newlyweds?

That thing I just said, go do it once you have the pictures

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Knormal posted:

Every time I go looking for content for this thread there's tons of old projection TVs in the "Free" section. Someone left one outside my apartment building when they moved out a few months ago. Large flat-panels are so much better in every way you literally can't give rear-projection TVs away anymore.

There was one in the dumpster enclosure of my complex for about a month, blocking the entry to one of the dumpsters because even the trash guys wouldn't take the thing away. We made a token effort to relocate it but it weighed about as much as a small car.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

CuteStorm posted:

I couldn't find you any terrible tattoo exchanges, so here's a terrible tattoo level painting of a lioness.

This is so ugly it's cute again, i want it

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

sweeperbravo posted:

Gums aren't even green.

tviolet
May 20, 2004

Found in the Rants and Raves section. This person apparently HAD to talk about this, on Craigslist. I don't know what they're saying in the last paragraph. (The RAMQ is the health insurance in Québec, and SRS is covered but only in one clinic in Montreal.)

Edit : Oh poo poo this person is going nuts http://montreal.craigslist.ca/rnr/5641529680.html?lang=en&cc=us

tviolet has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Jun 18, 2016

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

sweeperbravo posted:

It's so tacky, but the lion has such a "meh" look on its face that I can't help but love it. It doesn't care that its left eye is floating away or its nose has mutated into three parts. It's all good.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Gums aren't even green.

:wow:

hyperhazard posted:

It's so tacky, but the lion has such a "meh" look on its face that I can't help but love it. It doesn't care that its left eye is floating away or its nose has mutated into three parts. It's all good.

Exactly. Like it has a face on like it invited you over for dinner, stepped out to answer a phone call, and came back to see you ate all the dumplings without asking if she wanted any.

tviolet posted:

Found in the Rants and Raves section. This person apparently HAD to talk about this, on Craigslist. I don't know what they're saying in the last paragraph. (The RAMQ is the health insurance in Québec, and SRS is covered but only in one clinic in Montreal.)

Edit : Oh poo poo this person is going nuts http://montreal.craigslist.ca/rnr/5641529680.html?lang=en&cc=us

Transphobia is disgusting and sad but I did laugh at "addadictomies"

tviolet
May 20, 2004

gigs/labor

this is a challenge guys, send your stats

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm the "that has to be traced from a ballsack" tongue

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
Oh Beanie Baby people. I didn't think any were left who still believed.

And the worst scum of the earth scammers:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I love delusional/optimistic people on craigslist. "Hot diggty drat, I'm sitting on a big pile of extra long ladders and there's those dusty clown figurines I've always wanted!"

Is Precious Moments crap actually worth anything? Cause I got a whole bunch of them big headed pastel toddler statues given as gifts from my grandma in a closet at my mom's house. I even got a Precious Moments Illustrated Bible. It's borderline blasphemous and full on tacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

What's up fellow Eastern Washington. I was also confounded by the Beanie Babies. So many collectors plates and 18' satin dressed Victorian dolls. The elderly collectors must be dying and their clueless boomer kids are trying to unload them.

Ralph Crammed In has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Jun 19, 2016