Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Karl Sharks posted:

part of my identity is my compassion and empathy for other human beings, not going to give that up because you think i'm doing it to impress other people on the internet

e: lol you edited your post
Same, pretty much.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Exactly. You need to feel yourself more righteous than other people or your identity is threatened. Other people have to have less compassion than you.
Nah, I just think transphobic people are a bunch of assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Maoist Pussy posted:

You are 1 year from voting for Hillary. :smuggo:

is that really the best you got? :sad:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Jewel Repetition posted:

Have you considered that people sometimes say virtuous things because they believe them and not just to appear virtuous.

I don't know, man. You don't believe it when I say them, so, you know, why should I believe it when you do?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Maoist Pussy posted:

You are 1 year from voting for Hillary. :smuggo:

maoist pussy so ignorant he thinks a year is 6 months long

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

I don't know, man. You don't believe it when I say them, so, you know, why should I believe it when you do?

when you say some "virtuous" things then we'll see

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/743892973457408001

Trump Doesn't Do Koch!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Did you get disbarred, fishmech? It looked like you were a mod for a bit.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

DrPlump posted:

yeah but not hillary tho

Well obviously.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

his lats are where the egg sacs are located, they must gestate within his body before being implanted into the host body

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Karl Sharks posted:

when you say some "virtuous" things then we'll see

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

shameful. Doesn't he know you gotta shake out the suit every once in a while or else it will get lumpy like that?

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

you guys need to censor these ted cruz pics, my desk is covered in vomit and pubic hair

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Maoist Pussy posted:

Haha. A conservative is just an older liberal. You don't even know who your opponents are anymore.

Jesus, this is some peak edgelord poo poo.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

logikv9 posted:

a shot for every protestor?

He said "drinking game" not "orders to trumpstaffel on election night"

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

when trump loses i am going to get 1000000 twitter bots to tweet LOSER to him on the hour every day for the rest of his life

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Maoist Pussy posted:

Exactly. You need to feel yourself more righteous than other people or your identity is threatened. Other people have to have less compassion than you.

Shut the gently caress up and stop wasting everyone's time. Just because we are here to see what one idiot is saying doesn't mean we care what every idiot says.

Here is content, you know, something you should be posting.

https://twitter.com/banville/status/744258325970190336

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

WINNINGHARD posted:

you guys need to censor these ted cruz pics, my desk is covered in vomit and pubic hair

that's a mirror :iceburn:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lake Jucas posted:

Here is content, you know, something you should be posting.

That's just a repost.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol again.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Haha. A conservative is just an older liberal. You don't even know who your opponents are anymore.

Winston Churchill was famously a conservative when he was young and a liberal when he was old.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Demiurge4 posted:

That's just a repost.

Sorry, I missed it after having to skip 100 pages of Maoist Pussy shitposts.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
next time a republican says "no comment" on trump, a reporter should ask "so you're obeying his command to keep quiet then?"

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Did you see this? Doctors say there is too much turds on Mt Everest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/03/too-much-human-poo-on-mount-everest-says-nepal

Hummmmm so that's where Trump has been keeping his campaign strategies :twisted: :twisted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

now that's some gbs as hell posting I can really get behind

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/03/too-much-human-poo-on-mount-everest-says-nepal

Hummmmm so that's where Trump has been keeping his campaign strategies :twisted: :twisted:

:regd10:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wizard Master posted:

_____________/

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

i hope someone actually offers the 5billion and he takes it and drops out
it would be the purest chaos

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/Lagartija_Nix/status/744341424938819584

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ohrwurm posted:

i hope someone actually offers the 5billion and he takes it and drops out
it would be the purest chaos

when trump says "I wouldn't quit for 5 times that" he means he would settle for much much less

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Calling Trump a racist and citing video evidence of him as proof would be like doing the same to Leonardo DiCaprio and playing clips of Django Unchained. He is an actor of course there is video of him pretending to be racist.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DrPlump posted:

Calling Trump a racist and citing video evidence of him as proof would be like doing the same to Leonardo DiCaprio and playing clips of Django Unchained. He is an actor of course there is video of him pretending to be racist.

ya, but you aren't supposed to look at Leo's character in that movie and be all like, "oh man I want him to be president"

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

ya, but you aren't supposed to look at Leo's character in that movie and be all like, "oh man I want him to be president"

Don't tell me how to vote!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i love that picture, it almost makes jeb! look dangerous but... not quite

anyway i was just watching some random standup and im sure this is a repost from 3 loving thousand pages ago but i didnt realize chris rock said the same poo poo trump said about mccain, eight years earlier. i found a youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwLt4XE1i2s

although i dont think trump stole it, i think it was an independent invention. maybe i'm wrong, maybe trump just took the two punchlines off the end because that's how you make it a good thing to say when you're running for president?

btw because this thread is basically just a linear chatlog i think reposts are fair enough, even though i personally at least skim every post

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DrPlump posted:

leo 4 prez

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Jeb! stabs Trump in the heart on the convention floor

"The exclamation point connotes revenge, bitch"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

interesting. the obvious issues is who the hell will be the replacement candidate if trump is ousted. I assume bush is gunning for the throne but after the beating he took, it wouldn't end well.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Winston Churchill was famously a conservative when he was young and a liberal when he was old.

Don't be silly, he was conservative when he was young and conservative when he was old. There's a reason that the British dumped him for Eden just after the war, and it wasn't that he wanted to nuke Moscow and set off WW3. Well, it may have been that, too.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Since when is Trump blathering on about Jeb at a rally considered *BREAKING NEWS*

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sir Tonk posted:

Since when is Trump blathering on about Jeb at a rally considered *BREAKING NEWS*

You don't trust an article that's been retweeted four times from truth feed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

btw since it's vaguely on topic i think this is the best summary of pew's polling-based research on partisanship and views on issues across generations

http://www.people-press.org/2015/09/03/the-whys-and-hows-of-generations-research/

it links to this earlier study they did, which more concisely summarizes the argument that, much like affiliation to a sports team, whether you grew up under a successful d/r administration or not has more to do with your lifelong partisanship than one of churchill's 50 million quotes he pulled out of his rear end to sound interesting in a book or at a party once

http://www.people-press.org/2011/11/03/section-1-how-generations-have-changed/#politics-and-early-adulthood

this graph being the big summary of that aspect of the argument:

to be fair, the data is pretty messy, but more so for the middle generations than the others. people from fdr's years stayed more democratic than the national average and the clinton/bush/obama era even more so, so far, while the ford/carter/reagan/bush generations were perhaps a bit less strongly republican as a counterweight, but the truman/eisenhower/kennedy/johnson/nixon group is a bit less definitive

anyway thats what i think is interesting

• Locked thread