Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

I absolutely hate/love this game. I really do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Join us, Turk

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

exethan posted:

is jonny the guy who was kicking rear end at an international lan last year with the awp?
That was crazyguy

All the other good Vietnamese players have been caught matchfixing but the only one valve bothered to ban was that guy behind the ibp thing so I guess there is still hope?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I can totally understand and empathise with people in SE Asia throwing whenever and however they can. The potential risk reward is so, so much higher in these places. The odds of them making it to international LANs to perform and actually succeed is almost nil. It just happens that skin betting and poo poo is totally global, so they can make mad bank. Minimum wage in Vietnam is like $1200 per year. It's not even unreasonable for them to make several years worth of salary for a single match throw.

It's a little rich to see people armchair criticise these places on places like reddit as backwards and corrupt, when in all honesty pretty much any person with half a brain in their shoes would do the same thing, and then people defend steel for his good works when he clearly comes from an insanely rich family and he was just motivated by spiteful, idle greed.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Your sense of morality is pretty skewed dude.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ozmiander posted:

mouse acceleration is not only acceptable, it is good

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

the size of your mousemat is inversely proportional to your value as a human being

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I went to ELeague last night.

This was my seat:

So I left at halftime of the first map.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jeza posted:

the size of your mousemat is inversely proportional to your value as a human being

ah christ

venutolo posted:

This was my seat:

possibly the worst seat in the building, goondolences

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jeza posted:

Jeza posted:

mouse acceleration is not only acceptable, it is good

bwuahahaha! :capitalism: :bern101: :perfect: :chome::chome::chome::chome: :stwoon: :suezo:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ez 4 GOD twist

stump collector
May 28, 2007
true

need to see godsent make another run

stump collector
May 28, 2007
jfc oskar needs a good team

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

jfc oskar needs a good team
-fox +oskar in FaZe?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
that'd be nuts

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

godnax and zinger paintin the town red

stump collector
May 28, 2007
device does poorly every time he changes his name to devve-

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ozmiander posted:

Not really though

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

venutolo posted:

This was my seat:

Were you the one who started the Arby's Chant because NACS needs more Arby's Chants.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Ozmiander posted:

IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN VIDEO GAME CAREERS AND BETTING.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Unbound posted:

Were you the one who started the Arby's Chant because NACS needs more Arby's Chants.

I only wish. I had no idea what was being chanted, so I had to ask the teenager next to me.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Ozmiander posted:

MORALS! MORAAALS!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Prime matchmaking has been a completely different and good experience for me.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"it's ok for poor people to throw matches because other people were born in to money" - you morons <3

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ozmiander posted:

"it's ok for poor people to throw matches because other people were born in to money" - you morons <3

I said I empathised and understood, not that I thought it was morally correct, but sure. You can understand and empathise with the motivations for a murderer too, and still not think them murdering somebody was cool and good. That said I don't even find what you said particularly controversial. Of course in the eyes of the law there is no difference between a billionaire stealing a loaf of bread for shits and giggles, and a desperate person stealing to feed their family. But morally speaking they seem pretty different to me. Obviously that is a pretty overwrought comparison, but it's not like material wealth has zero impact on morality.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Jeza posted:

. Of course in the eyes of the law there is no difference between a billionaire stealing a loaf of bread for shits and giggles, and a desperate person stealing to feed their family.

Eurotrash spotted. In America that fun-having billionaire would be properly sent on his way and that lazy, no-good thief who's trying to feed his family would get strung up and beaten with bats like he rightly deserves.

fyi jeza is right, much like sports your stupid videogame is just that: a stupid game. If some guy wants to earn 5 years of income in his miserable, broke-rear end country for throwing away one bullshit match, good on him and I hope he enjoys college and not playing pro videogames.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 19, 2016

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Jeza posted:

Of course in the eyes of the law there is no difference between a billionaire stealing a loaf of bread for shits and giggles, and a desperate person stealing to feed their family.

uhhh that's actually wrong.

VVV whoops I meant to edit the quote and I forgot.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 19, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Buck Turgidson posted:

Maybe if you have no empathy, yes.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Jeza posted:

Of course in the eyes of the law there is no difference between a billionaire stealing a loaf of bread for shits and giggles, and a desperate person stealing to feed their family. But morally speaking they seem pretty different to me. Obviously that is a pretty overwrought comparison, but it's not like material wealth has zero impact on morality.
the vietnamese dude that earns $1200/year isn't the vietnamese dude that flies to sweden to play videogames :shrug:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Prime matchmaking has been a completely different and good experience for me.

Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but it really is interesting how all my prime games so far have had zero suspicious behavior. Win or lose, there's been nothing fishy at all. Teammates are more fun to play with also.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
didnt we plya a prime game 2 nights ago with like a super blatant hacker?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MrSmokes posted:

Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but it really is interesting how all my prime games so far have had zero suspicious behavior. Win or lose, there's been nothing fishy at all. Teammates are more fun to play with also.

unless theres been a lot of banwaves and poo poo going on, it is almost definitely placebo, with very very slight chances of some cheaters pulling back

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Up Circle posted:

didnt we plya a prime game 2 nights ago with like a super blatant hacker?

This is bound to happen until some VAC waves hit like other posters have noted.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Let's go Ence, show us some of that Sisu

e; or don't. whatever is fine

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 19, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

VVV whoops I meant to edit the quote and I forgot.

Sure, mitigating factors exist and are factored into sentencing (but not recognition of a crime), but the leeway is pretty thin for petty theft. It's more like a parking ticket, I doubt the penalty varies on how rich you are unless you cannot possibly pay a fine.

Stumbletron posted:

the vietnamese dude that earns $1200/year isn't the vietnamese dude that flies to sweden to play videogames :shrug:

Probably not, but it's unlikely players paid out of their own pockets anyway. If you've been to some of these places, it's not weird at all for most kids to not own a PC and just spend 2-3 hours after school in the internet cafe with their friends. We're not talking grinding poverty, but we are talking about people for whom the money for match fixing is a pretty life changing amount of cash, in a way that it really isn't for somebody in NA or the EU.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Noooo what a misplay from Ence letting the defuse go through

So close to a comeback

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i wish ence was a good team, but at least i can be a fully realized godsent fanboi

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
They actually have some really good executes, but they're just kind of lacking in firepower. My boy juho needs to step up.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Go tier2 Sweden cheater team

e: ange1yl why

mcvey fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

when does the vac ban tide come in