Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

that seems kinda disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Trebuchet King posted:

that seems kinda disappointing.

I was going to type sto.txt but really that's mmorpg.txt

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Fun has been halved to match other content, and will now cost dil.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Dely Apple posted:

Fun has been halved to match other content, and will now cost dil.

Fun has been halved to match other content to make playing other content more rewarding!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
What fun?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
rcassandrasaturn is back in STO, surprising absolutely no one.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1216805/star-trek-online-information-revived

Some background: rcassandrasaturn is another Mentally Ill Pubbie (TM) who had a pretty wonderful meltdown during the last Risa summer event and "quit the game." He identifies with the character Korra from some Nickelodeon cartoon and created several X-rated website speaking as that character. Until last year he was usually found on Risa ERPing in zone, and when players inevitably told him to knock it off, he ran crying to the forums and Trendy saying that he was the victim of transphobia in-game. When Trendy didn't save him, he vowed to quit STO forever.

In this thread, he is using the SAME account as before, with the SAME sig, but seems to think he can play the "you're thinking of someone else" card whenever someone brings up his past.

I'd post links to his websites and blogs but I'm on a public computer at the moment.

Edit:

Here is his "hiatus from STO" thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1193492/hiatus-from-sto-for-awhile/p1

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 17, 2016

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

Well they never left in the first place.

The only break they did seems to have been between January and now, but that was six months after the hiatus post was made.

EDIT: I don't know about Risa specifically, but I've repeatedly seen them hanging around Zone at the Sol System after they posted about their supposed hiatus.

lerpyderp posted:

As an update to this, and an explanation to those who apparently misinterpreted what this is all about :

Apparently OP's hiatus lasted all of 12 hours at best.
http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12590535/#Comment_12590535

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 17, 2016

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

Well they never left in the first place.

The only break they did seems to have been between January and now, but that was six months after the hiatus post was made.

I noticed that when I went back through his forums post history. He's been more or less out of Risa and ESD zone chat, though, so I'll still call it a hiatus. I wonder if anyone is still in his STOAfterDark channel besides himself and five goon alts.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

STO forums user markhawkman posted:

Hmmm multiple people from Starfleet Dental hate this person? Interesting.... given my general disdain for their opinions... makes me like her more. :p

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I hate no one and only wish to spread my love of disco to everyone, as a gift.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I hate everybody equally to balance out your love.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
The new TOS Queue is on tribble.

The Doomsday device is on rails heading towards a Star Base, you pick up warp cores from a near by asteroid base commanded by Scotty

You drop the Warp cores into the path of the Doomsday slowing it down, once it reaches a certain point, a giant warp core is spawned at the Asteroid base that you need to drop in front of it which will kill it.

All the while you're attacked by either TOS era Romulans, Gorn or Klingons who will also attack the Starbase and the warp cores you drop, and if you're attacked while holding the giant warp core you will drop it.

When the giant core spawns they'll ignore the starbase and just go after it and who ever is holding it.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 17, 2016

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tuskin38 posted:

The new TOS Queue is on tribble.

The Doomsday device is on rails heading towards a Star Base, you pick up warp cores from a near by asteroid base commanded by Scotty

You drop the Warp cores into the path of the Doomsday slowing it down, once it reaches a certain point, a giant warp core is spawned at the Asteroid base that you need to drop in front of it which will kill it.

All the while you're attacked by either TOS era Romulans, Gorn or Klingons who will also attack the Starbase and the warp cores you drop, and if you're attacked while holding the giant warp core you will drop it.

When the giant core spawns they'll ignore the starbase and just go after it and who ever is holding it.
Can a single person carry the rest of the team? Because I'm not sure the general population of this game is capable of running queues that involve more than "shoot all the things".

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1216805/star-trek-online-information-revived

Some background: rcassandrasaturn is another Mentally Ill Pubbie (TM) who had a pretty wonderful meltdown during the last Risa summer event and "quit the game." He identifies with the character Korra from some Nickelodeon cartoon and created several X-rated website speaking as that character. Until last year he was usually found on Risa ERPing in zone, and when players inevitably told him to knock it off, he ran crying to the forums and Trendy saying that he was the victim of transphobia in-game. When Trendy didn't save him, he vowed to quit STO forever.

In this thread, he is using the SAME account as before, with the SAME sig, but seems to think he can play the "you're thinking of someone else" card whenever someone brings up his past.

I'd post links to his websites and blogs but I'm on a public computer at the moment.

Edit:

Here is his "hiatus from STO" thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1193492/hiatus-from-sto-for-awhile/p1
Pubbies are loving weird.

Page 1, 2, 3

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 20, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
If I got banned now after spending totes legit like a million bucks on this game I'd be so mad you guys, so mad.

Thing is I'm not convinced that these people will stay away after being banned, if anything they'll make a new account and buy all that poo poo again.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Morglon posted:

If I got banned now after spending totes legit like a million bucks on this game I'd be so mad you guys, so mad.

Thing is I'm not convinced that these people will stay away after being banned, if anything they'll make a new account and buy all that poo poo again.

If only these people had seen the things I have. Oh God, the pictures. The pictures. Oh God!!!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Yes, keep telling yourself that.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

St. Reet Walker, patron saint of Risa

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Streetwalker made that bio so we'd stop claiming he was an ERPer.

Also: that thread is getting pretty good tbh. I love the "well this pubbie HATES Dental so that means HE'S GREAT" comments because they obviously don't know how completely deranged rcassandrasaturn is. He spent hours in zone talking about his masturbation habits and once complained that his doctor told him to stop doing it because he was physically damaging himself.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 18, 2016

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Dick Bass posted:

Yes, keep telling yourself that.

If you solicit three times the opposite happens. It's like unlocking the nuclear key codes. NO NO NO....OK

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

quote:

[Zone #1] duramaster.@lightspeeds: Task Force Spectre is recruiting, Active with 16 players on our fleet chat now. 3 Completed Starbase.. Is your fleet dead or inactive? Armada LVL 633 pm me . https://youtu.be/a6qPTWoh3fM

:cawg:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Technical Analysis posted:

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Fallen? I thought Spectre was always recruiting.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Lorak posted:

Fallen? I thought Spectre was always recruiting.

It's more about how "active" their chat is. 16 players. Even at our deadest, we've got a good dozen and a half folks in our channel.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Its called task force spectre because it's a ghost town.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Didn't they used to have like 3 fleets at capacity?

Buschmaki posted:

:iceburn:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Buschmaki posted:

Not emptyquoting.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/744251784483373056

Game is going to be overrun with TOS Gorns.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Good. :colbert:

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Seriously, TOS Gorn best Gorn by far.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

We also get a new Beehive

https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/744253446224699392

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Going to have to add another name to all the memorials, I guess.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/744593562751229955

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
RIP Chekov.

Also, ouch:

quote:

According to the report, they went to his home and found him pinned between his car and a brick mailbox.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

That is a seriously hosed up way to go.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Fuuuuuuuuck, that's horrible.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Bummer. That's no way for a Chekov to check out. That's a red shirt death.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Gnome de plume posted:

Bummer. That's no way for a Chekov to check out. That's a red shirt death.

E: Removed. Too soon.

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 20, 2016

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Really man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

STO forums wannabe mod mirrorchaos posted:

What has Anton's death got to do with STO directly? it should be in ten forward.

as for Anton i will post that in a thread on ten forward.

Mirrorchaos. Mirrorchaos never changes.

Edit:

STO forums wannabe mod mirrorchaos posted:

As much as i dont consider jjcrapverse canon, still it sucks to read about Anton's death.

RIP Anton Yelchin, died 27.

2016 has claimed yet another sports or celebrity soul again.

18 Character Limit fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 20, 2016

• Locked thread