Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

So I got bored tonight

the meme game is dead, not worth this much time honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Booyah- posted:

the meme game is dead, not worth this much time honestly

Yeah I feel like I put more time into it than Capcom did in a lot of the game itself. Granted it only took me about 15 minutes?

Still thats like 1/4th the time it takes to add a quick direct input code for PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol at marn losing to wake up super and bunch of raw tatsus

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

dropped combos, wakeup super, HK tatsu as pressure after knockdown, sweep xx trigger into denjin for the win, wow

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Goetta posted:

I'll try to be there next week, watching a car a race this evening

No worries.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/SoullessKeoma/status/743160140308824064

good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm Urien's purple shirt

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Real hurthling! posted:

lol at marn losing to wake up super and bunch of raw tatsus

the tatsu thing is really good though its a solid mixup

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I know people like to joke about a game being unplayable when there's the slightest hiccup or delay, but SFV easily has the worst netcode of any game I've ever played. Unreal on Dreamcast 56k didn't lag as much. Some games I get with 3-4 bars lag the ENTIRE loving time I'm playing with absolutely zero respite. Stuttering rollback lag where you see a move connect, then it's blocked, then it actually did connect and other weird stupid poo poo happens. Capcom should be giving this game away for free nigga

How the gently caress do you have access to GGPO and still come up with this booty rear end netcode. It blows my mind how loving bad it is.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Firstborn posted:

I know people like to joke about a game being unplayable when there's the slightest hiccup or delay, but SFV easily has the worst netcode of any game I've ever played. Unreal on Dreamcast 56k didn't lag as much. Some games I get with 3-4 bars lag the ENTIRE loving time I'm playing with absolutely zero respite. Stuttering rollback lag where you see a move connect, then it's blocked, then it actually did connect and other weird stupid poo poo happens. Capcom should be giving this game away for free nigga

How the gently caress do you have access to GGPO and still come up with this booty rear end netcode. It blows my mind how loving bad it is.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

this should be the thread icon tbh

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

same

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Firstborn posted:

I know people like to joke about a game being unplayable when there's the slightest hiccup or delay, but SFV easily has the worst netcode of any game I've ever played.

Worse netcode than Super Smash Bros. Brawl? That game was the king of bad netcode.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Firstborn posted:

Some guy went to the trouble of finding my steam and finding a screenshot he could comment on because my profile comments are disabled. Makes me wonder if the 1-sided rollback affects random people I play even more than the number of times I have to put up with it, which isn't that rare at all.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Peer into the future. See what the future cancer looks like.

Nobody should care though. Game's dead.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jack Trades posted:

Only 5 dollars!*

*color unlocks not included

E:

I can't wait for the shop to be in watch it double charge some poor gently caress

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 19, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Futuristic tech and we still only get one bar on our wifi. The future sucks.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just got me some FightCade and Garou'd hard. Played a guy who mained Bonnet and was ridiculously frustrating with her flying kicks which he based her entire game around, basically they are completely safe and come at an angle that's very hard to punish, then this guy won by basically conditioning me into certain patterns and punishing attempts to get around his kicks. I played Terry and he doesn't really have any obvious answers besides geyser super on reaction to airkicks. The only tactic I could find against this guy was start JD'ing his flying kicks and countering with Power Dunk but that has low damage unless you have super to follow up with, which I was already using by baiting him into airkicks whenever I could and punishing on reaction. I think we went even in wins and I learned a lot about the game and had loads of fun.

I dunno I just really enjoyed playing a game that contains total bullshit that is very hard to counter and finding ways around it and managing to win. Pulling out wins against this guy was so satisfying and I felt like I beat a person rather than a character, with mostly tactics and also some skill.

That was my story of having a good time with a fighting game!

oh and re: garou it's a really odd nut, super stylish game with crazy good specials, not that good normals, and KOF style hops, it plays really weird with a mix of aggressive play, unusual zoning tactics, and total bullshit that's really hard to counter. Really falls apart balance wise at pro level play because some characters are very safe and do too much damage, other than that play garou it's fun stylish challenging and frustating.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 19, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Night Blade posted:

sometimes I parry by accident and do something sort of cool on reaction

https://gfycat.com/RecentWellinformedGoldenretriever

:feelsgood:
I won exactly one round all night, and it wasn't that one. :ssh: Broken clock, etc.

I'm wondering if I was actually getting some subtle lag (or experiencing the Very Good SFV NetcodeTM) last night. As soon as the lobby was over I hopped into training and immediately busted out all my specials with zero problems. Or maybe I just choked. :iiam:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

John Murdoch posted:

https://gfycat.com/RecentWellinformedGoldenretriever

:feelsgood:
I won exactly one round all night, and it wasn't that one. :ssh: Broken clock, etc.

I'm wondering if I was actually getting some subtle lag (or experiencing the Very Good SFV NetcodeTM) last night. As soon as the lobby was over I hopped into training and immediately busted out all my specials with zero problems. Or maybe I just choked. :iiam:

I was worried we'd have more issues depending on where people lived but it seemed mostly OK the whole night barring a few hiccups. It's also not uncommon to nail stuff all the time in training mode but find it difficult to pull off against a live opponent, in any game.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

A.o.D. posted:

The instructions on the page say to stick it in a specific sfv folder, so I'm going to assume that this is a SFV only driver. However, Dantarion said that it took him like an hour to create the drivers, so it might be possible to DIY.

Nothing in it is SFV-specific, save for the fact it assumes a fightstick button layout. The specific folder is because that's the folder where the game looks for DLLs. Although people usually aren't aware of it, programs will by default look in whatever's defined as their local folder before asking the system for a DLL, why is how a lot of game injectors work. So what he made is something that to the game looks like the XInput library but instead is a wrapper around both XInput and DirectInput, and told you to place it in the first place the game would search. So technically it could work with anything, but it also hasn't been tested outside of this specific case.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

"Unmoving shimmy" is the worst term ever invented

Lol

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I like how omikaze has the same number of syllables as wakeup pressure and that it sounds a lot like omakase.

Delicious!

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 20, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I'll buy this probably even though I haven't touched SFV in months and don't play Mika.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Jack Trades posted:

That really looks like it should be a Laura costume and not Mika.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

A.o.D. posted:

That really looks like it should be a Laura costume and not Mika.

Mardi Gras is great

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

A.o.D. posted:

I like how omikaze has the same number of syllables as wakeup pressure and that it sounds a lot like omakase.

Delicious!

What is omikaze

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
He meant yomikaze, known as the winds of reading your opponent

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nah, he probably meant, kamikaze, as in, what playing SFV makes me want to do.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I believe he meant "okizoomy" tbh.

Also what are y'all doing just getting mad all the time in this thread anymore, come to the chillgoons Overwatch thread and play some Overwatch and embrace tranquility all day every day.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 20, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i dont think im enough into doujins for that

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Jack Trades posted:

Nah, he probably meant, kamikaze, as in, what playing SFV makes me want to do.

-A69-
Apr 2, 2009
Question: Sfv keeps booting me out, without a error message or promt, every 15 minutes. Anyone know why that might be? I can provide PC specs if necessary.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

-A69- posted:

Question: Sfv keeps booting me out, without a error message or promt, every 15 minutes. Anyone know why that might be? I can provide PC specs if necessary.

Do you have a Wacom tablet or something similar? Unplug it or the game will crash. If not and you're on Windows 10, open Task Manager and close a background process called "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel".

Edit: It's baffling that this is still an issue since it was reported during the first pc beta but Capcom I guess.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 20, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Dantarion has released dinput drivers for SFV. They work.

https://github.com/dantarion/SF5DInput/releases/tag/valpha-0.0.2

disregard i suck cocks

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 21, 2016

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

If this is interpreted as a hack and the game refuses to work then how do people switch models around?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Bisse posted:

If this is interpreted as a hack and the game refuses to work then how do people switch models around?

That's what I'm trying to figure out tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bisse posted:

The game might only worry about mods that could impact play like changing the way your character looks on your machine is different than messing with the controls where you could potentially have a bunch of cheap macros set up idk?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
There isn't any kind of Technical Support with Capcom, right? Because Google and their official site doesn't seem to have anything obvious to me. turns out that I was looking at the Japan website when I should've been looking at the US site.

I can't use the Start Menu at all anymore when not in the game's main menu. I've gone through the obvious stuff (e.g. reinstall, delete cache, verify integrity) and nothing's worked.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Real hurthling! posted:

The game might only worry about mods that could impact play like changing the way your character looks on your machine is different than messing with the controls where you could potentially have a bunch of cheap macros set up idk?

I mean, technically you could do something like change the models so that all grounded overheads and slow command grabs make the screen flash bright green or something