Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

As perhaps the only person except that one guy in the CG thread to not think poorly of Mio, I feel like it's unfair to single out Mio for not communication, when the entire reason this started was because Rin herself failed to communicate properly to Mio and Uzuki. Hell, same for Anya. Anya herself never spoke to Minami first, her excuse being that she wanted to make her own decision. Hell, Uzuki's inability to voice her feelings also played a part in Mio running out too, cause she could only say "I don't know" when Mio asked what she felt about the whole thing. Yes, Mio avoided the discussion, so part of it was her fault too. But again, choosing to somehow say that it's solely Mio's unwillingness is weird.

But, and I think this is where Can't and I see things differently, what Rin and Anya did to the Cinderella Project out of the blue had major repercussions and pretty much feels like a betrayal. Because Anya - and Rin - are going over to Krone, the choreography for the Cinderella Project idols has to be changed and adjusted. Minami can no longer participate as a part of the project. Same for New Generations. Which is in of itself a lovely thing to do, but it's even worse because the entire fate of the Cinderella Project hinges on their success at the fall and winter fests. Do Rin and Any have the right to go to Krone? Yes, and the Producer even mentions that it's a very good deal for them. They aren't beholden to the Cinderella Project and their respective groups. Having ambition or drive isn't a bad thing. But doing so without warning, without thinking hard about how your actions will impact others, is bad in my opinion. Even moreso when the girls are supposed to be a tightly knit group who've gone through a ton together. Simply framing it as an 'adventure' or 'challenge' as the episode repeatedly tries to hammer into your face does very little to make me predisposed towards their decisions.

So I really can't agree with this post, because I personally do feel like it is a big betrayal. It's going over to another group right when something big is coming up. It's doing so without telling anyone else beforehand. Nitta herself only found out because, cliche cliche, she was standing at the door and overheard. So yeah, obviously the rest of the group would feel shocked and betrayed. I feel like it's a natural thing to feel.

I like Mio. I liker her a lot. I feel like she and the Producer have experienced the most growth in the anime. I've posted about it a lot. If it weren't nearly 1 am here I'd post some more about it. So I'll hafta wait till later.

But I will say this, which is what Mio herself says.

New Generations didn't really get off to a good start, and that's something Mio acknowledges as her fault. So when they did the summer festival, she felt like they could finally start as New Generations. But now, that's not happening. Rin's excuse was that she was gonna try being both New Generations and Triad, but as this episode shows, it's not easily possible. Hell, New Generations and Love Laika had to drop out precisely because their members went to a different project. How is that making things work together? Plus, Mio's question to Rin is also valid in my opinion - why couldn't Rin try doing new things with New Generations? When Rin entered the room, that's exactly what Mio was trying to do. Finding ways for them to chance up New Generations. The three of them were a group. They debuted together. It hasn't even been a year. Possibly not even half a year. So yeah, she's hurt.

I'm not saying her actions in this episode were wholly free of blame, but my personal opinion is that her contributions to the whole drama and miscommunication does not come close to what Rin did.

That said, it really is interesting to see how differently people feel, cause I came off the episode thinking poorly of Rin, Uzuki, and Karen and Nao and thinking highly of Mio, whereas people seem to be of the other opinion.

Everyone's had issues communicating, yes, which itself is part of the issue: it's been bugging me more each time, and Mio is the latest to do it. However, everyone else has declined to speak about things (and dammit, they need to be speaking about these things with their friends and colleagues!), made a decision, then told their partner(s). Mio, when Rin sat down with New Generations to discuss things, ran off with her eyes closed. She then had the Producer announce things for her with no heads up to her unit-mates, then, when they attempted to discuss things with her, brushed them off, then, when they again attempt to discuss things with her, she has them read a loving play together.

Zenostein mentioned it already, but this is hardly a last minute shift that everyone has to scramble to adapt to; if we've been told the current date I didn't take note of it, but I get the impression that there are still several weeks to go to the fall Krone thing, and some months further to the winter Cinderella thing. That's plenty of time to make adjustments. You say they did this without warning, but this is giving warning. It's not "right when something big is coming up."

It makes sense for Mio to be hurt. Heck, I'll agree that just about all of her actions make sense - but that doesn't mean that they make her likable. Her response to feeling hurt is to take a course of action that sows further confusion and hurt. This is a common response, especially for a dramatic young teen, but it certainly doesn't incline me to like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I don't know. I like that in response to Rin experimenting outside of New Generation that Mio decides to grow. Like she starts out hurt, but she is still able to see that Rin is doing well with Triad Primus. In addition, Mio still feels guilty for almost breaking up the group before and doesn't want to cause it to happen again. So she avoids the situation. It is selfish of her, but she is afraid to talk it out and wants to have something she can show them. Mio wants to show Uzuki and Rin that they can pursue new paths. She doesn't want to tie them down.

Like if I have any real problem with Mio's actions, it's that she doesn't include Uzuki.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Mio deciding to grow and do her own thing is fine, even admirable, but the way she goes about it and the way she communicates her feelings are childish.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

It's 'make your Cinderella Girls defense team out of a single character' event time again

http://imas-cg.net/2016/06/19/48881666.html

Or alternate gimmick

That's a good one. Another good one in the comments was the Miho/Koume team, which should probably just be called "team Leftovers." Or possibly "team Better-at-your-shtick-than-you." Still can't get over the goddamn paperdolls, though. They're either bland (and vaguely creepy) or completely insane.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Mio deciding to grow and do her own thing is fine, even admirable, but the way she goes about it and the way she communicates her feelings are childish.

I think we can all agree, regardless of how we feel about it, that it's a Total Mio Move™.

Three Cookies posted:

I don't know. I like that in response to Rin experimenting outside of New Generation that Mio decides to grow. Like she starts out hurt, but she is still able to see that Rin is doing well with Triad Primus. In addition, Mio still feels guilty for almost breaking up the group before and doesn't want to cause it to happen again. So she avoids the situation. It is selfish of her, but she is afraid to talk it out and wants to have something she can show them. Mio wants to show Uzuki and Rin that they can pursue new paths. She doesn't want to tie them down.

Like if I have any real problem with Mio's actions, it's that she doesn't include Uzuki.

I think that's absolutely what she wants, but that's absolutely not how it would ever come across to anyone. What with the not actually talking to anyone until she's ambushed or whatever, it really comes off as a rather selfish cut and dash. Especially given the timing.
It's kinda hard to fault her for leaving Shimamu out to dry though; kinda nobody has any real idea what to do with with her beyond "have her around."

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

It's kinda hard to fault her for leaving Shimamu out to dry though; kinda nobody has any real idea what to do with with her beyond "have her around."

Please love and take care of your Shimamu and her prosciutto & melon

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

In general, too much Shimamu hate. It's unforgivable.

The fact there is a non-zero amount of Shimamu hate is the fanbase's greatest failing.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I mean, I agree but "feed her ham" isn't exactly a career path.

Well, it might be, if there's a particularly ham-focused bit of Japan.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Incidentally, I watched 23 and 24 earlier today. That park scene always just kills me. Shimamu bawling her eyes out is like Hell's heart stabbing at me.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ミ☆

Seems like the shiny new thing for this event is widening the tiers some? 2k, 10k, 20k, 60k, 120k, "lol," "omg," "are there even this many people?"

Also it seems like picking 2x does give you 2x the tokens, but only 1x the points?

I did a 2x and a 1x, and have 300tokens (incl. the 150 they give you), but only 100 event points. I don't actually know if that's new, since it never actually occurred to me to look.

That is actually somewhat annoying.

Well, that does explain the points total and the token totals on the result screen, I guess.

Oooh! Also they crammed in M+, so you can waste all your tokens on that if you'd like. Same cost.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 20, 2016

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Sadly I will not get much time in this SS event. I am still going hard on keeping myself in tier for the ENSIF one. Too many idol events, not enough time.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Understandable. Do it for Elicchi and Rin!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Song rotation just hit today, so it's a nice, fresh time to dunk a bunch more gems. Top 100 seems like it's so far away when I have to keep this up for another week :sweatdrop:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Double events in EN and JP is going to destroy me. I think I'll pass on this one, though, the Nozomi isn't quite cute enough and the Hanayo is Hanayo.

She is a frog, though, so have at it, Chill.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Jennifer is a good idol.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Hanayo is Hanayo.

Hey, don't talk bad about Hayano. There's absolutely nothing wrong with her, unlike Nico and her self-centered philosophy on life.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Double events in EN and JP is going to destroy me. I think I'll pass on this one, though, the Nozomi isn't quite cute enough and the Hanayo is Hanayo.

She is a frog, though, so have at it, Chill.

Just in time for Wednesday frog :mrgw:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Chill la Chill posted:

Just in time for Wednesday frog :mrgw:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I risked something.

Also, changing the colors of the stuff that showed up in SS and also changing the timing from what I had made the game playable.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm sitting on ~3k gems in SS. I'm waiting for that cinderella fes I keep hearing about.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

Hey, don't talk bad about Hayano. There's absolutely nothing wrong with her, unlike Nico and her self-centered philosophy on life.

I will NOT fall prey to this vile trolling

X

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hoooooooly poo poo it happened again?!?!?!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Good for you Chubbs

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Very nice :3

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Uzuki is all I wanted. I can die happy now.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Grats on the Uzuki, now you just need Mio and Rin for the rest of NG.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Argas posted:

This is amazing.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ChubbyThePhat posted:

thumbs up

Argas posted:

thumbs :stoat:

Oh speaking of even more events, the aikats got away from tokens and has a medley instead. At least it's not a SIF-style medley, and you can stop and not do three jubeat maps on a tiny screen in a row.

Although I think it might actually kill you if you don't score high enough on each song. I think the only thing that's been mentioned here that isn't currently eventing is GF♩?Maybe tokyo 7th if you don't count mobage-style idol smackfightsperformance matches as an event for a rhythm game thread.

e. also my phone is stopping me from naming a team #yolo (even if i pick 'yolo' the ime changes it to よぉ which is kinda funny and also Overload seems to never activate if you're in red health, in case you were wondering or really like being in red health for some reason.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 20, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/moeprojectc/status/744833292755623936

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Staying top 1000 is starting to get really hard. Yikes. Still got 50 gems in the bank though. I will not lose.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Chubs.....

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm sorry Zep. I really am.

But I'm so elated that she decided to come home.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

I love that was literally the opening shot

it was only 6 more posts till we had a page that was entirely zep

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Seems like the shiny new thing for this event is widening the tiers some? 2k, 10k, 20k, 60k, 120k, "lol," "omg," "are there even this many people?"

This is upsetting my carefully-written deresute_border graphing code, now I can't reasonably compare the numbers from previous events for the bottom two tiers. On the plus side, now I can put in slightly less effort and still get at least one of each SR.

Skwee posted:

it was only 6 more posts till we had a page that was entirely zep

Well, there were 40+ Zep posts in a row, close enough. I should have cut in sooner actually but it was Sunday afternoon, so naturally I got a work call.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Never pick up the phone.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Let's talk about gacha luck for one moment.

I have only one S rank cute. That is my highest cute. But then you look at my Passion and Cool, and you see many more S rank and even SS rank.
Those odds are astronomically low to not have at least one S rank cute.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

On the plus side, now I can put in slightly less effort and still get at least one of each SR.

or not

IAmTheRad posted:

Those odds are astronomically low to not have at least one S rank cute.

That is kind of impressive in a way. I have no SSR Cute luck but at least I'm fine for SRs.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Aww dammit. Gotta grind harder then.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yeah, I'm probably still responsible for this

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

I guess that's what happens after an event that doesn't let you pick your own songs or units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Oh Asterisk